Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,870 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Proof That Catholics Worship Mary - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Proof That Catholics Worship Mary (6446 Views)

Do Catholics Worship Statues? | Catholic Answers / Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? / Why Do Catholics Worship Mary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 09, 2012
[size=16pt]IDOLATERS [/size]

[size=15pt]PAGANS[/size]
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by plappville(f): 1:26pm On Oct 09, 2012
And the other one is the wonderful fingers of the pope! greeting the crowd Oops!! lipsrsealed

Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by plappville(f): 1:28pm On Oct 09, 2012
I wonder who @Italo is fooling grin grin grin
Those that do not study thier bible maybe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by italo: 1:43pm On Oct 09, 2012
Idolaters... Pagans

Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by ijawkid(m): 1:50pm On Oct 09, 2012
italo: Idolaters... Pagans

Italo abeg why Gej dey kneel down there??lmao......

Commot that picture b4 SSS begin find you o...
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by italo: 1:51pm On Oct 09, 2012
Christians worshipping the Bible

Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by italo: 1:57pm On Oct 09, 2012
Non-Catholic Christians worshipping a man

Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by italo: 1:59pm On Oct 09, 2012
Christians worshipping placards

Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by ijawkid(m): 3:00pm On Oct 09, 2012
@italo....sorry those pix don't describe me bro....

@ least the ones plapville posted describes you and your colleagues...bowing down to lifeless images and statutes.....

Blatant idolatry...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by italo: 6:40pm On Oct 09, 2012
ijawkid: @italo....sorry those pix don't describe me bro....

@ least the ones plapville posted describes you and your colleagues...bowing down to lifeless images and statutes.....

Blatant idolatry...

The pics describe me but your explanation of the pics don't describe me.
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by italo: 6:41pm On Oct 09, 2012
And the pics describe you...
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by ijawkid(m): 7:10pm On Oct 09, 2012
italo:

The pics describe me but your explanation of the pics don't describe me.

Lol.....oh my explanation does bro...haven't you bowed down to mary today??
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by ijawkid(m): 7:13pm On Oct 09, 2012
italo: And the pics describe you...

Abeg italo no mind me...I sabi find trouble...

But abeg stop to bow down to mary image....e dey fall ona hand.....

1 Like

Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by italo: 7:39pm On Oct 09, 2012
ijawkid:

Lol.....oh my explanation does bro...haven't you bowed down to mary today??

Mary, yes. Image, no.

And have you not worshipped the Bible today?
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by italo: 7:42pm On Oct 09, 2012
ijawkid:

Abeg italo no mind me...I sabi find trouble...

But abeg stop to bow down to mary image....e dey fall ona hand.....

Stop worshipping Bible. E dey fall your hand.
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by ijawkid(m): 7:48pm On Oct 09, 2012
italo:

Mary, yes. Image, no.

And have you not worshipped the Bible today?

But you did bow down to mary's image today na....or abi that small mary shrine no dey your house??

And I didn't bow down to the bible...I just read it.....its a book remember??
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by ijawkid(m): 7:49pm On Oct 09, 2012
italo:

I have never bowed down to the bible...I'll have to be sick mentally to do that...
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by italo: 6:32am On Oct 10, 2012
ijawkid:

I have never bowed down to the bible...I'll have to be sick mentally to do that...

But you pray to the Bible, don't you?
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by ijawkid(m): 6:44am On Oct 10, 2012
italo:

But you pray to the Bible, don't you?

I have never prayed to the bible in my life...why should I do that??

Is the bible my God...

All I do is read the bible and practice what I learn from it....

Goodmorning bro....

1 Like

Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by italo: 6:54am On Oct 10, 2012
ijawkid:

But you did bow down to mary's image today na....or abi that small mary shrine no dey your house??

And I didn't bow down to the bible...I just read it.....its a book remember??

And I don't bow to the images...I just use it to draw my heart and mind to the one who was depicted by the image and ultimately to God who is the one that takes the glory for that person's piety. E.g When you see me in front of St. Peter's statue, I could be talking to St. Peter himself who is in heaven and can hear me. I could be saying: "St. Peter, pray for me that just as you gain strength through the outpouring of the Holy Spirit, I also may become a tireless preacher and defender of the Gospel of our Lord. I could then go on to say other prayers to God himself directly and/or through other Saints. Ultimately, all my prayers are to God and any kneeling, standing or bowing is directly for God and/or the position of honour that God has put that Saint.

But an ijawt, sorry idiot, looking with hatred from afar or at pictures on nairaland, who doesn't know what is transpiring in my heart and cannot even hear my words will say: he's worshipping Mary.
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by italo: 6:59am On Oct 10, 2012
Are you not a Jehovah's witness anymore? I have seen you people praying with a Bible in your hand and even raising the Bible up.

That means you are worshipping the Bible, doesn't it?
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by ijawkid(m): 7:04am On Oct 10, 2012
italo: Are you not a Jehovah's witness anymore? I have seen you people praying with a Bible in your hand and even raising the Bible up.

That means you are worshipping the Bible, doesn't it?

Hahahahaha.....

You don kill me with laugh tire.....

We raise up the bible and do what with it??bow down to it ??

Italo you funny o.......

Explain how we pray with the bible??

What can the bible do for us other than the fact that we read from it.....

Is the bÍble a or our mediator between man and God??
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by ijawkid(m): 7:06am On Oct 10, 2012
italo:

And I don't bow to the images...I just use it to draw my heart and mind to the one who was depicted by the image and ultimately to God who is the one that takes the glory for that person's piety. E.g When you see me in front of St. Peter's statue, I could be talking to St. Peter himself who is in heaven and can hear me. I could be saying: "St. Peter, pray for me that just as you gain strength through the outpouring of the Holy Spirit, I also may become a tireless preacher and defender of the Gospel of our Lord. I could then go on to say other prayers to God himself directly and/or through other Saints. Ultimately, all my prayers are to God and any kneeling, standing or bowing is directly for God and/or the position of honour that God has put that Saint.

But an ijawt, sorry idiot, looking with hatred from afar or at pictures on nairaland, who doesn't know what is transpiring in my heart and cannot even hear my words will say: he's worshipping Mary.

I've seen that lil shrine in the homes of my catholic freinds and family members....

You guys literally bow down to mary's image and recite words of devotion...

Italo its wrong......

If you can't see this as wrong then I don't know what else is wrong from the bibles view point....
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by italo: 7:49am On Oct 10, 2012
Before I answer you, how far with that comedy business I told you about? You already started well, Mr Jehovah's Witness. In trying to twist scripture to your 19th century heresy, where you people claim Jesus is not God, when I told you that Thomas said "my Lord and my God," you said it was an exclamation just like we say "Chineke!" Or "oh my God!" Even though we both know that no Jew would disrespect God that way. Here's what you said:

ijawkid:

You forgot to put the exclamation mark....

""My Lord and my God!""

The same exlamation you make when you see something perplexing....

CHINEKE!!!!!!!!!.....oh My God!!!!!!!......

Jesus in john 20:17 says he's God is also our God and thomas' God and that his Father is also our Father and thomas' Father...

I know your trinitarian eyes won't let you see that verse...you'll rather hold on to thomas' exclamation with all your life....

incase you need more of Jesus' words read john 17:3.....

Then I brought you this verse where Jesus is called God and you since dissapeared from that thread:

italo: @ ijawkid make me laugh again

Romans 9:5 Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of the Messiah, who is GOD over all, forever praised! Amen.

I miss you on that thread. Since you dissapeared there, no one has made me laugh with your kind of logical acrobatics. Please say something. I know you have something in your bag of tricks.

Or are you looking for an eclamation mark there too. Look harder! You just might find one.
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by plappville(f): 8:09am On Oct 10, 2012
italo:

No one dey worship bible, when you come out to be prayed for, some people take thier bible along with them. This does not means they worship it.
Someone created a thread few weeks back, that she lost her bible in the church when she left it on her sit to recieve prayers or so. I will find the topic and post if u care.

The laying of Hands is scriptural, Its a way of invoking the Holy spirit. Isaac blessed his son Jacob by laying on of hands (Genesis 27:27)

Acts 8:14-19(NIV)
14 When the apostles in Jerusalem heard that Samaria had accepted the word of God, they sent Peter and John to Samaria. 15 When they arrived, they prayed for the new believers there that they might receive the Holy Spirit, 16 because the Holy Spirit had not yet come on any of them; they had simply been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 17[b] Then Peter and John placed their hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.[/b]

18 When Simon saw that the Spirit was given at the laying on of the apostles’ hands, he offered them money 19 and said, “Give me also this ability so that everyone on whom I lay my hands may receive the Holy Spirit.”

[size=18pt]You have been overfed,!!![/size]
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by ijawkid(m): 8:09am On Oct 10, 2012
italo: Before I answer you, how far with that comedy business I told you about? You already started well, Mr Jehovah's Witness. In trying to twist scripture to your 19th century heresy, where you people claim Jesus is not God, when I told you that Thomas said "my Lord and my God," you said it was an exclamation just like we say "Chineke!" Or "oh my God!" Even though we both know that no Jew would disrespect God that way. Here's what you said:

Then I brought you this verse where Jesus is called God and you since dissapeared from that thread:

I miss you on that thread. Since you dissapeared there, no one has made me laugh with your kind of logical acrobatics. Please say something. I know you have something in your bag of tricks.

Or are you looking for an eclamation mark there too. Look harder! You just might find one.

Hey this verse has been explained over and over again by your same trinitarians....

Read this nigga...

"Theirs the patriarchs, and from them,
according to the flesh, is the Messiah.
God who is over all be blessed forever.
Amen." (NAB)
"to them belong the patriarchs, and of
their race, according to the flesh, is
the Christ. God who is over all be
blessed for ever. Amen." (RSV)..

5 they are descended from the
famous Hebrew ancestors; and Christ, as a
human being, belongs to their race. May God,
who rules over all, be praised forever![b]
Amen....(Good News Translation) (GNT)

I don't need exclamÀtion man.....

If u were an apostle back then this is how you would have rendered that verse....

How could you blindly think Jesus is God over all when Jesus himself has a God over Him...??

Except you if you aint biased by the trinity knows that Yahweh is excluded,and that Jesus is a subordinate to Yahweh...

Open that your bible and read from romans 15:5-6....

English Standard Version (ESV)
5 May the God of endurance and
encouragement grant you to live in such
harmony with one another, in accord with
Christ Jesus,
6 that together you may with
one voice glorify the ""God and Father"" of our
Lord Jesus Christ.

Hope you dey open your eye dey read??

Jesus has a God over him who is greater than him....
When you run into conclusion that the messiah is God over all you need to sit back and do some research.....

Also read ephesians 4:6......that says thÉ Father
is the God over Jesus,the angels,and all humans.....

Read the bible completely you cherry picker.....

1 Like

Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by plappville(f): 8:11am On Oct 10, 2012
italo: Non-Catholic Christians worshipping a man

Acts 8:14-19(NIV)
14 When the apostles in Jerusalem heard that Samaria had accepted the word of God, they sent Peter and John to Samaria. 15 When they arrived, they prayed for the new believers there that they might receive the Holy Spirit, 16 because the Holy Spirit had not yet come on any of them; they had simply been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 17 Then Peter and John placed their hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.

18 When Simon saw that the Spirit was given at the laying on of the apostles’ hands, he offered them money 19 and said, “Give me also this ability so that everyone on whom I lay my hands may receive the Holy Spirit.”
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by plappville(f): 8:14am On Oct 10, 2012
italo:

Where did the bible instructed you to talk with dead saints images? Can you show me any verse where righteous MOG carried image like in this picture?

1 Like

Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by plappville(f): 8:22am On Oct 10, 2012
Laocoon Group in the Vatican Museum....

What will that woman and child do for you? Is the scripture not enough? Idolatry is the center doctrine of the Catholic.

Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by plappville(f): 8:39am On Oct 10, 2012
"The Assumption of Mary" The statue of Holy Mary carried around. This one na Paris "Notre dame e for happen. You wont believe the number of people this devilish act is misleading.

Every August 15 is the Holy Day of the celebration of the Assumption of Mary.
They claimed that After her "earthly life" she went to heaven to be reunited with Jesus Christ.

Do you even have the date of her death? where did the scripure told us She died? prove it @italo, when did the scripture told you that Mary died and you should celebrate her death each year?

Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by JoannaSedley(f): 8:40am On Oct 10, 2012
Aluu 4, we didn't do it; YES YOU DID. We didn't: YES YOU DID!!!!!!. Why not lynch all catholics as they did these guys or move aside. Christians are enemies of themselves.
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by plappville(f): 8:41am On Oct 10, 2012
[size=30pt] Exodus 20:4 "You must not make for yourself an idol of any kind or an image of anything in the heavens or on the earth or in the sea.[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Good Friday: A Day Of Celebration Or Mourning / I Really Pity Christians / 28 Funny & Hilarious Church Memes You Have To Check Out This Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.