Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,424 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

How Jesus Christ Described Hell - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Jesus Christ Described Hell (1112 Views)

How Jesus Died For Our Sins : The Road To Easter / How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary / N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Jesus Christ Described Hell by God2man(m): 7:45am On Oct 08, 2012
Our Lord Jesus Christ warned us repeatedly to escape the danger of hell because it is a terrible place to go.

Let's start with Luke 16:23-24 " And in hell he lifts up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, send Lazarus, that he may dip the tips of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for i am tormented in this flame"

Another one, Matthew 8:12 " But the children of the darkness: shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth"

Again, Mark 9:43-48 " And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched."

Now, let's us look at this statement, WHERE THEIR WORM DIETH NOT AND THE FIRE IS NOT QUENCHED. This particular verse was repeated thrice by Our Lord Jesus Christ, Mark 9: 44,46,48. " Where their worm dieth not and the fire is not quenched"

You see, there is power in repeated words, it shows emphasis, if Jesus can repeat the above statement three times, then it means it is a serious matter, the truth is, anybody that does not believe, or believe and pretend not to believe that hell is real is deceiving himself. HELL IS HOT. HELL IS HOT. HELL IS HOT. I repeat HELL IS HOT. Do not even think of going there.

The occultic men, Boko haram guys, murderes, 419ers, and those who have accepted christ will not go to the same place. There must be seperation. Do not be deceived that everything will end here on earth. NO, NO, NO, i beg to disagree.

King Solomon in the Bible had everything, money, wealth, children, honour, everything good you can think of, he wrote in the Book of Ecclesiastes 1:2-3 " Vanity of Vanities; all is vanity. What profit hath a man of all his labour which he taketh under the sun?"
At the last Chapter, the very last statement, Chapter 12:13-14" Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandment: for this is THE WHOLE DUTY OF MAN. For God shall bring every work into judgement, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil."

Do not be deceived, THERE IS GOING TO BE JUDGEMENT AFTER DEATH. We are under the best camera, The cloud of witness above you. Everything is going on record, day by day, second by second, hour by hour, minute by minute.

Hear this: A sister accepted Christ and later backslided, because leaders of the church she was attending engaged in a fight. So, she thought that if leaders in the church can be fighting, then of what use is her new life in Christ. She went back to sin and started to commit fornication. During an affair with her boyfriend, she got pregnant. The pregnancy led her to the hospital for an abortion. She died after the abortion. Immediately she died, she saw her spirit coming out of her physical body, moving out of the hospital. A force carried her to a very wide road that was full of people rushing to the Hot place, Hell. While on that road, a voice commanded her to stop. There was a screen before her showing all the things she had done while on earth, including the time she was commiting fornication. God was merciful to her; she was sent back to earth.

I agree with the fact that various people have given different views about what happens after death, but thank God, none of them mentioned that there is no hell, at least, all of them told us there is hell.

The description of hell by Jesus is to make us to understand the consequences of eternal damnation in hell. Jesus said: what shall it profit a man, if he gains the whole worl and forfeit his soul. A wasted life indeed.

I am not here to scare anybody, but we must know that it is only an unreasonable person that will doubt a good evidence. If Jesus can repeat a particular statement three times, then there must be an element of truth in it.

Tommorow does not belong to you, tommorow may not come, today is the day of salvation.

Accept the Lord Jesus Christ into your life, say, "Lord Jesus, i confess that i am a sinner in need of you, i repent of my sins and ask you to forgive me. Come into my life. Take control of my life as from today. Wash me with your precious blood." Now, then pray to God to lead you to the right church to continue to fellowship with the children of the light.

God bless you for taking your time to read this message.
God2man.

4 Likes

Re: How Jesus Christ Described Hell by Ptolomeus(m): 5:10pm On Oct 08, 2012
best "TOMMOROW"
Re: How Jesus Christ Described Hell by God2man(m): 6:34pm On Oct 08, 2012
Ptolomeus: best "TOMMOROW"

ok. TOMORROW. Thanks for calling my attention to the error.

@ptolemus, what else can you say about the message apart from the error?

God2man.
Re: How Jesus Christ Described Hell by Ptolomeus(m): 7:12pm On Oct 08, 2012
1. Excuse me the correction, but I hate the misspelled English (LOL)

2. Honestly (no offense). I do not believe in that vision of hell. Souls do not burn, burn or heat would be ridiculous not something that matters.
But surely, you and I are not going to agree.
Hell, it's a smart idea and necessary for the church.
While the concept of "hell" is more cruel, possibly achieved more fans fearing church.
Respectfully, does not seem right that religion is reached by the path of fear.
My greetings!

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Christ Described Hell by alexleo(m): 7:37pm On Oct 08, 2012
False preachers like frosbel will always allow satan use them to carry out the evil assignment of saying here that when people die nothing happens after. Beware of such false preachers. This is my advice any serious minded christian here.

@poster,
GOD BLESS YOU AND BLESS YOU CONTINUALLY. AMEN. THIS IS THE TRUTH OF THE BIBLE.
Re: How Jesus Christ Described Hell by alexleo(m): 7:40pm On Oct 08, 2012
Ptolomeus: 1. Excuse me the correction, but I hate the misspelled English (LOL)

2. Honestly (no offense). I do not believe in that vision of hell. Souls do not burn, burn or heat would be ridiculous not something that matters.
But surely, you and I are not going to agree.
Hell, it's a smart idea and necessary for the church.
While the concept of "hell" is more cruel, possibly achieved more fans fearing church.
Respectfully, does not seem right that religion is reached by the path of fear.
My greetings!

Wether you believe it or not doesnt change the truth of its existence. Be wise.
Re: How Jesus Christ Described Hell by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 08, 2012
alexleo: False preachers like frosbel will always allow satan use them to carry out the evil assignment of saying here that when people die nothing happens after. Beware of such false preachers. This is my advice any serious minded christian here.

@poster,

Hell is not now but a later event called the lake of fire, read your bible you deceived catholic sheeple.
Re: How Jesus Christ Described Hell by Ptolomeus(m): 9:10pm On Oct 08, 2012
frosbel:

Hell is not now but a later event called the lake of fire, read your bible you deceived catholic sheeple.

Fros.
I know that we will not understand, but please: Tell me this:
Who goes to hell (or heaven) is the soul of each.
A soul is immaterial, intangible.
Now my question:
In what can affect a soul, the heat of hell, the lake of fire (water lakes are not of fire) and all that stuff?
As you see, not accepting the existence of hell, the idea is very threatening the "lake of fire" ...
My respects.
Re: How Jesus Christ Described Hell by Freksy(m): 10:14am On Oct 09, 2012
God2man: Our Lord Jesus Christ warned us repeatedly to escape the danger of hell because it is a terrible place to go.

Let's start with Luke 16:23-24 " And in hell he lifts up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, send Lazarus, that he may dip the tips of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for i am tormented in this flame"

Another one, Matthew 8:12 " But the children of the darkness: shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth"

Again, Mark 9:43-48 " And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:

Now, let's us look at this statement, WHERE THEIR WORM DIETH NOT AND THE FIRE IS NOT QUENCHED. This particular verse was repeated thrice by Our Lord Jesus Christ, Mark 9: 44,46,48. " Where their worm dieth not and the fire is not quenched"

You see, there is power in repeated words, it shows emphasis, if Jesus can repeat the above statement three times, then it means it is a serious matter, the truth is, anybody that does not believe, or believe and pretend not to believe that hell is real is deceiving himself. HELL IS HOT. HELL IS HOT. HELL IS HOT. I repeat HELL IS HOT. Do not even think of going there.

The occultic men, Boko haram guys, murderes, 419ers, and those who have accepted christ will not go to the same place. There must be seperation. Do not be deceived that everything will end here on earth. NO, NO, NO, i beg to disagree.

King Solomon in the Bible had everything, money, wealth, children, honour, everything good you can think of, he wrote in the Book of Ecclesiastes 1:2-3 " Vanity of Vanities; all is vanity. What profit hath a man of all his labour which he taketh under the sun?"
At the last Chapter, the very last statement, Chapter 12:13-14" Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandment: for this is THE WHOLE DUTY OF MAN. For God shall bring every work into judgement, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil."

Do not be deceived, THERE IS GOING TO BE JUDGEMENT AFTER DEATH. We are under the best camera, The cloud of witness above you. Everything is going on record, day by day, second by second, hour by hour, minute by minute.

Hear this: A sister accepted Christ and later backslided, because leaders of the church she was attending engaged in a fight. So, she thought that if leaders in the church can be fighting, then of what use is her new life in Christ. She went back to sin and started to commit fornication. During an affair with her boyfriend, she got pregnant. The pregnancy led her to the hospital for an abortion. She died after the abortion. Immediately she died, she saw her spirit coming out of her physical body, moving out of the hospital. A force carried her to a very wide road that was full of people rushing to the Hot place, Hell. While on that road, a voice commanded her to stop. There was a screen before her showing all the things she had done while on earth, including the time she was commiting fornication. God was merciful to her; she was sent back to earth.

I agree with the fact that various people have given different views about what happens after death, but thank God, none of them mentioned that there is no hell, at least, all of them told us there is hell.

The description of hell by Jesus is to make us to understand the consequences of eternal damnation in hell. Jesus said: what shall it profit a man, if he gains the whole worl and forfeit his soul. A wasted life indeed.

I am not here to scare anybody, but we must know that it is only an unreasonable person that will doubt a good evidence. If Jesus can repeat a particular statement three times, then there must be an element of truth in it.

Tommorow does not belong to you, tommorow may not come, today is the day of salvation.

Accept the Lord Jesus Christ into your life, say, "Lord Jesus, i confess that i am a sinner in need of you, i repent of my sins and ask you to forgive me. Come into my life. Take control of my life as from today. Wash me with your precious blood." Now, then pray to God to lead you to the right church to continue to fellowship with the children of the light.

God bless you for taking your time to read this message.
God2man.

Is hell literally within speaking distance of heaven so that a real conversation could be carried on between Abraham and Lazarus?

If the rich man were in a literal burning lake, how could Abraham send Lazarus to cool his tongue with just a drop of water on the tip of his finger? .....Luke 16:23-24

Literally speaking, is hell (with fire burning continually) supposed to be a dark place? .....Matthew 8:12

Has anybody desirous of entering into the kingdom of God ever literally cut off his foot or plucked out his eye? Can the worns that we know resist heat?....Mark 9:44,46,48

How would you defend God if one accuses Him of having a double standard? Remember, the sister died as unrepentant sinner, shouldn't she had been an obvious candidate for hell? If God fails to return all unrepentant wrongdoers who have died in their sins as He retuned the sister, would He not be lebelled as partial and unjust?

Finally, as it is almost always the case with this kind of story, did the sister not establish a church of her own?

5 Likes

Re: How Jesus Christ Described Hell by God2man(m): 8:21pm On Oct 09, 2012
Oh! The great fresky is here. You are welcome sir.

I believe you are more knowlegeable than all these questions.

I will try to answer your questions later, but not now. Even if i try to answer you, you will never be satisfied with my explanations.

One thing i want you to know is that no one has a monopoly of knowlegde, we all learn from what has been written down many years ago, we can only confirm the authenticity of the information available to us by comparing the word of God with the reality of present day events.

This is not even enough to convince us about the various mysteries of life.

One thing i have discovered is that, the day we know everything which is not even possible, is the day we become like God. Too much of knowledge will always lead to the weariness of the soul. Ecclesiastes 1: 18 " For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowlegde increaseth sorrow"

The truth is, we will continue to try and unlock all the mysteries about life, but we will still be lacking in some areas.

The more you think you know, the less you know.

@fresky, you have been a great guy on naiaraland, no doubt.

God will continue to bless you.

God2man.
Re: How Jesus Christ Described Hell by CrazyMan(m): 8:56pm On Oct 09, 2012
alexleo: False preachers like frosbel will always allow satan use them to carry out the evil assignment of saying here that when people die nothing happens after. Beware of such false preachers. This is my advice any serious minded christian here.

@poster,
Avoid judging people.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion of God. If you're unable to present valid proofs that his belief is false, then I would suggest you leave him to his faith and face yours.

@topic...nice write up, I have no objections.

God bless you.
Re: How Jesus Christ Described Hell by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 09, 2012
What truly baffles me about some Christians is how they can reconcile a GOD who after destroying the old world during the time of NOAH with WATER , regretted and sent a rainbow as a sign that he will never again destroy the world with water again TO a God who will preserve so called immortal souls ( even though the bible teaches no such thing ) for endless ages in liquid sulphur.

Honestly some of us need to rethink our faith and approach it from the bible's perspective and not the perspective of tradition and human reasoning.
Re: How Jesus Christ Described Hell by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 08, 2012
Shut the Bleep up! Who gave King Solomon in the bible all those wealth and riches? Was it not God? Solomon asked for wisdom and all that, and God gave him riches and lots of riches. If God knew all that were vanity, he wouldn't have given solomon all that riches. Vanity koo, ventilation ni. About hell being real or not, I don't noe. Heaven is real, but, I don't think that what Jesus meant by Hell. The bible is coded. If Jesus said worms and fire, he might mean another thing.
Re: How Jesus Christ Described Hell by nep2ra(m): 1:51pm On Dec 08, 2012
They believe in Hell with all their hearts, yet, Truth is far away from their lips. Unrighteousness and wickedness abounds in a land that has at least three churches in every street. Who are you kidding?
Re: How Jesus Christ Described Hell by nep2ra(m): 2:00pm On Dec 08, 2012

OP. Please answer these questions truthfully. Have your eyes ever caused you to sin? Have your hands ever caused you to sin? Did you follow Jesus' instructions to pluck out your eyes and cut off your hands every time you sinned? If you answered yes, then I believe you are very truthful about hell and you know what you are saying. I greatly respect you for that. If your answer is No, then you are a FIRST CLASS HYPOCRITE and you have no right to teach about Hell. Cut off your hands and pluck out your eyes every time they cause you to sin before you come here to teach about hell. Except you are saying you are perfect which I very much doubt. undecided

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Christ Described Hell by truthislight: 9:17pm On Dec 08, 2012
God2man:

God2man:

God2man:
Now, let's us look at this statement, WHERE THEIR WORM DIETH NOT AND THE FIRE IS NOT QUENCHED. This particular verse was repeated thrice by Our Lord Jesus Christ, Mark

God2man:
9: 44,46,48. " Where their worm dieth not and the fire is not quenched"

^^^

actually, this got me spinning and wandering in great wanderment.

Such kind "WORMS" that fire cannot burn also?

What about the flies?

Ok, i see, there are special breed of literal WORMS that cant be burnt in fire eternally?

Wont the WORMS feel the pains and heat?

Are the WORMS also going to feel the heat and pains eternally also?

Wont they feel the pains?

Why then will the humans feel the pains?

What have the WORMS done to be put in fire eternally?

Literal fire burning literal people and burning literal WORMS that wont die?

WORMS that have earn eternal life? cool

cant literal WORMS die in literal fire again?

Hmmm!

Wandering with great wanderment?

Re: How Jesus Christ Described Hell by truthislight: 9:17pm On Dec 08, 2012
God2man:

God2man:

God2man:
Now, let's us look at this statement, WHERE THEIR WORM DIETH NOT AND THE FIRE IS NOT QUENCHED. This particular verse was repeated thrice by Our Lord Jesus Christ, Mark

God2man:
9: 44,46,48. " Where their worm dieth not and the fire is not quenched"

^^^

actually, this got me spinning and wandering in great wanderment.

Such kind "WORMS" that fire cannot burn also?

What about the flies?

Ok, i see, there are special breed of literal WORMS that cant be burnt in fire eternally?

Wont the WORMS feel the pains and heat?

Are the WORMS also going to feel the heat and pains eternally also?

Wont they feel the pains?

Why then will the humans feel the pains?

What have the WORMS done to be put in fire eternally?

Literal fire burning literal people and burning literal WORMS that wont die?

WORMS that have earn eternal life? cool

cant literal WORMS die in literal fire again?

Hmmm!

Wandering with great wanderment?

Re: How Jesus Christ Described Hell by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 08, 2012
So, the God of love burns people eternally, for wrongs they committed for a few years. No matter how wicked a human is, the sinning while alive can't be for over 100yrs- assuming he lived that long and started being wicked at birth. Yet God will burn such persons not for 100yrs, or 1000yrs, but eternally. God actually keeps such people alive, just to see them suffer eternally.

Something the most wicked human would probably not do. And Satan will the be one in charge - now punishing people for God.Satan is now working for God.

This is one of the most wicked lies against God. It portrays God in a way that drives people from worshipping him. Who really would want to worship such an obviously wicked God? From the level of badness in the world today, people clearly don't believe it. This teaching insults the Almighty in a big way.

Death ( absence of life) is the punishment for sinning, not eternal torture. And the dead know nothing, can feel nothing.

Romans 6:23 -- "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in[a] Christ Jesus our Lord".

Romans 6:7 -- "because anyone who has died has been freed from sin".

Ezekiel18:20 -- " The soul who sins is the one who will die . The son will not share the guilt of the father, nor will the father share the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous man will be credited to him, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against him".

Eccl 9:5-6,10 -- "For the living know that they will die,but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even their name is forgotten. Their love, their hate and their jealousy have long since vanished; never again will they have a part in anything that happens under the sun". "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom".

"Lake of fire" is not a place of torment- it's permanent destruction/removal - where there's no possibility of reversal. Even death and hell ( which really stands for "grave" ) will be permanently removed. All humans portrayed as being in fire is symbolic and denotes permanent death or non-existence with no possibility of coming back to life (resurrection) .

Rev 20:13-14 -- "And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire".

All references to torment is not literal, but symbolic- else how would a drop of water quench thirst? This literal eternal torment teaching is annoyingly senseless.

2 Likes

Re: How Jesus Christ Described Hell by nep2ra(m): 12:09am On Dec 09, 2012
^^^ You make a lot of sense sir! Thank you.
Re: How Jesus Christ Described Hell by advocate666: 9:54am On Dec 09, 2012
God2man:

So god is now into pporn eh? Was the screen crt, plasma, led or lcd?

(1) (Reply)

Heaven / I Saw A White Owl / The Bible Or The Quran, Which Is The Word Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.