Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,251 members, 7,860,580 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:56 PM

Omoluabi.......a Handicap And An Impotence - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omoluabi.......a Handicap And An Impotence (2406 Views)

Colonel Otunba Ajayi - Tortured Into Impotence / Governor Of State Of Osun, Ogbeni Aregbesola Commissioned Omoluabi Buses. / Oni Faults Aregbesola On “omoluabi” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omoluabi.......a Handicap And An Impotence by DuduNegro: 5:53am On Oct 09, 2012
ilugunboy: Dudu.....our strength as a people lies in our measured and well thought-out response to provocations.....

In as much as these people have provoked us with the latest mindless assertion from an old man that have nothing to lose if he dies today...we should be more mindful in the face of such provocations....we are more intelligent than acting before engaging the thought- process.

Ilugun,
With much respect, but everytime i hear this word "intelligence" used as a pacifier for emotions it drives me nuts. Nobody is in the cave anymore....thewhole world has been educated and the whole world is on the internet. Intelligence does not substitute for a call to act. This is a call to act, not to pacify. You can call for use of discretion but still that does not negate the need to act.
Re: Omoluabi.......a Handicap And An Impotence by DuduNegro: 6:05am On Oct 09, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Great one Dudu Negro! The world is not fair! An average human being is selfish! Why play Mr. Nice? An Omoluabi is any Yoruba man or woman who places Yoruba interests above his or her own period. It has nothing to do with playing Mr Nice, Mr Gentle, when the old bitter racist worthless English professor chose to ignore facts but would rather pervert history, what was he driving at? There is no handshake across any Niger.

Until we chase these ungrateful bastards from our land, they won't take us seriously!

I like your qualification of omoluabi and yes I agree with everything you said. Our omoluabi is so deficient that even GEJ, a descendant of creek fishermen had mouth and boldness to point at our leaders and call them rascals. I dare him to call Hausa leaders rascals.
Re: Omoluabi.......a Handicap And An Impotence by Akanbiedu(m): 7:52am On Oct 09, 2012
Eko Ile: DN.

I see what you are saying. Ask yourself, where are these aggressors today? They are still ages behind us.

The ones up North have no peace, they are still backward and slaughtering each other everyday like chicken.

The ones in the East are still backward and they can not exist or obtain their daily without venturing into our land. They are wanderers, they are beggars with no home or identity, they are empty and shallow shells with no substance. They are practically our slaves and work horses and even kicking them of our land means another round of starvation and misery for them. No more sending money home to papa bomboy or papa emeka...

Our sense and wisdom is our strength, we've been trough so many wars in our history and we know the dangerous consequences of wars. Unlike these empty barrels, we've been there and we've done that. We are all about progress and and development and there is no sense and wisdom in letting our lands be turned into battle grounds and spoils of war.

We are where we are today because of our great sense and wisdom.

Look at the civil war for example. The war was going nowhere till Yoruba military men like the Scorpion and OBJ of the 3rd MC stepped in with their bravery and superior military strategy to beat these silly goats back into their cages in abakaliki or where ever they came from. These empty clowns surrendered to OBJ a Yoruba man so you have to understand their pain and constant and sustained state of low self esteem and insecurities.

We are good. They are beneath us and so shall remain...

Development is good but there can be no development without peace. Our compatriots in the East and North seem to only understand/respect force. In the light of this, I suggest the west start preparing for eventualities that may result. I quite understand the west may not be too prepared since our lives have always revolved around seeing progress. It is not too late to start so that when its going to happen, we don't take neutral/support position, we have to take our position and be ready to fight for it.
Re: Omoluabi.......a Handicap And An Impotence by PointB: 7:55am On Oct 09, 2012
PointB: @Topic,

By the way? What is omoulabu?
Does it include - yahoo yahoo, agbero, jagunjale, omo onile, area boys, certificate forgers, drug barons, thugs, Akala, Bode George, Obasanjo, Bank-ole, Iyabo Obansanjo, Patricia Etteh, Tafa Balogun, his sucessor Ehindero, genocidal Awo ati be be lo?

Omoulabu indeed! Bloody hypocrites! Fvcktardz!
!
Re: Omoluabi.......a Handicap And An Impotence by Gbawe: 9:13am On Oct 09, 2012
@Dudu Negro.

I get some of your point clearly and sincerely. Yet, I still think the conducts of Yoruba folks is not "docility". I think the Yorubas have genuinely moved on and are now preoccupied with progress and how to secure it.

I think it is not necessary for anyone to get unduly aggressive over perceived attacks against Awolowo or any Yoruba icon for that matter. It is not about being pacifist. It is about not wasting energy ,best deployed productively elsewhere, tackling things that are just a "storm in a teacup". Personally, I think most Yorubas get that concept and this is why they don't make an issue of certain things and are rising above entertaining 'distractions'.

Yorubas should continue to concentrate on the immediate challenges before them and take their feedback from events unfolding. So far, it remains about the adage "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me".

1 Like

Re: Omoluabi.......a Handicap And An Impotence by Ngodigha1(m): 9:58am On Oct 09, 2012
Gbawe: @Dudu Negro.

I get some of your point clearly and sincerely. Yet, I still think the conducts of Yoruba folks is not "docility". I think the Yorubas have genuinely moved on and are now preoccupied with progress and how to secure it.

I think it is not necessary for anyone to get unduly aggressive over perceived attacks against Awolowo or any Yoruba icon for that matter. It is not about being pacifist. It is about not wasting energy ,best deployed productively elsewhere, tackling things that are just a "storm in a teacup". Personally, I think most Yorubas get that concept and this is why they don't make an issue of certain things and are rising above entertaining 'distractions'.

Yorubas should continue to concentrate on the immediate challenges before them and take their feedback from events unfolding. So far, it remains about the adage "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me".
You are one of the few wise yorubas left in nairaland.
Re: Omoluabi.......a Handicap And An Impotence by nku5: 10:57am On Oct 09, 2012
Because of the likes of you, I will never generalise again. So help me God

Gbawe: @Dudu Negro.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria's Classiest First Lady.(pic) / Tompolo’s Private Jet And Other APC-Orchestrated Lies / Obasanjo’s Letter, Attack On Niger Delta — Ijaw Groups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.