Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Is It Too Late For Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It Too Late For Nigeria? (6091 Views)

It's Too Late For Nigeria / Forged Senate Rule: ‘it’s Not Late For Saraki To Resign’ / Let The Truth Be Told Before It Is Too Late - EK Clark's Letter To Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Too Late For Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 08, 2012
I ask this question after considering how morally bankrupt, hateful, angry, violent, racist, sexist, abusive, dogmatic and ignorant the average Nigerian is. There are Nigerians who don't fit these descriptions of course but I am not sure that they are in sufficient numbers to make a difference in the long run.

Serious question -how do we change the state of the country when Nigerian mentality isn't even equipped for change in the first place?

I have no need to go into specifics or examples of how humanly inept we are seeing that our problems are obvious even to a retaard.

My question is - what are the next steps to take in all of this? Is it too late for Nigeria?

5 Likes

Re: Is It Too Late For Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 08, 2012
2 or 3 generations probably have to pass away, taking with them the rubbbish mentality that has kept the
Country down

1 Like

Re: Is It Too Late For Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 08, 2012
quid: 2 or 3 generations probably have to pass away, taking with them the rubbbish mentality that has kept the
Country down

I don't think that this is possible as future generations learn only from their elders. It is a continuous cycle with no end in sight. Our moral intelligence has been going downhill since Nigeria's inception. How will things be any better 3 generations from now?

Years ago I would not even be caught dead making these statements but my eyes are open.

1 Like

Re: Is It Too Late For Nigeria? by dasparrow: 4:31pm On Oct 08, 2012
quid: 2 or 3 generations probably have to pass away, taking with them the rubbbish mentality that has kept the
Country down

I doubt it. Tribalism is something parents pass down to their children so it will never go away. It will be hard getting rid of tribalism in Nigeria just like it is impossible to get rid of racism in America. Nonetheless, I still hope we get our acts together as Nigerians if we want a brighter tomorrow for future generations to come.
Re: Is It Too Late For Nigeria? by slimghost(m): 4:31pm On Oct 08, 2012
Way too late! Nothing good can come out of this shithole until we all sit down and address issues of the past.

1 Like

Re: Is It Too Late For Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 08, 2012
True, things get passed down but people evolve and improve. Who would have thought that Obama will be president one day.
Remember that blacks were once not allowed to vote.

Another example: Military, rule, once very polular in nigeria, has now lost its appeal.

1 Like

Re: Is It Too Late For Nigeria? by Obassy(f): 5:58pm On Oct 08, 2012
Is not too late, we Nigerians do mix up somethings which are not suppose to be; 1) we compare Nigeria to other contries which are much more older than us. 2) For a good and better Nigeria, the change starts from myself and you. 3) Americans will always tell God to bless their country, how many of us (Nigerians) say this every morning not to talk of every time?
Re: Is It Too Late For Nigeria? by Vogue50: 8:44pm On Oct 08, 2012
Nigeria is 52 years old. Despite the fact that we have mismanaged, embezzled funds that were meant to better our country ; we still have hope to succeed and make things right for our future generations. It's quite pathetic but we need to be Resilient in order to thrive as a people.
Most developed countries in the world today like USA and CHINA suffered similar set backs for many years and still triumphed. It was easier for them to overcome especially because of their homogeneous environment.
Nigeria is a country filled with people of diverse ,multi ethnic culture and tradition , this heterogeneous environment gives rise to our incongoruous behaviors which makes it difficult for us to agree often as a people with one voice. It's really a mystery for such diverse group of people to co-exist as a nation since 1914. If we can co-exist since 1914 ; There is still hope for a better Nigeria !

1 Like

Re: Is It Too Late For Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 08, 2012
^ nigeria is a disunited amalgamation, perpetually bedevilled by mutual
distrust/destruction. No nation grows like this. Its only a matter of time b4 it implodes

1 Like

Re: Is It Too Late For Nigeria? by Ufeolorun(m): 9:14pm On Oct 08, 2012
Now Nigeria is in trouble just because people are venting on an ordinary book.
Tribalism isn't Nigerias problem and won't be the solution. Americas ascendancy was at its peak when it was most racist.
I think its utter laziness to keep going on about this tribalism issue as if its that strong enough to keep a country down.

1 Like

Re: Is It Too Late For Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 08, 2012
^ when the chips are down, americans forget racism and work together. Its not
The case in nigeria...and that's part of the reason why nothing seems to work
Re: Is It Too Late For Nigeria? by WilyWily5: 9:29pm On Oct 08, 2012
The only solution to Nigeria is disintegration.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Too Late For Nigeria? by Vogue50: 10:41pm On Oct 08, 2012
Ufeolorun: Now Nigeria is in trouble just because people are venting on an ordinary book.
Tribalism isn't Nigerias problem and won't be the solution. Americas ascendancy was at its peak when it was most racist.
I think its utter laziness to keep going on about this tribalism issue as if its that strong enough to keep a country down.
nice one. Tribalism is a factor but not strong enough to disintegrate us.

1 Like

Re: Is It Too Late For Nigeria? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 10:54pm On Oct 08, 2012
@op are kidding me with that question? Of course it isn't too late for Nigeria! Afterall rome wasn't built in a day, and

i don't expect Nigeria to be any different. We Just need to reorganize our system, and kick corruption and all the other nonsense to the curve.

1 Like

Re: Is It Too Late For Nigeria? by buzugee(m): 10:56pm On Oct 08, 2012
ONLY SOLUTION WHICH IS WHAT WILL HAPPEN REAL SOON IS THE LORD WILL WIPE OUT EVERYONE IN AFRICA AND START AGAIN. THIS IS CALLED THE TRIBULATION PERIOD. TWO THIRDS OF THE EARTHS POPULATION WILL BE WIPED OUT AND ERADICATED. ZECHARIAH 13 VS 8
Re: Is It Too Late For Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Oct 08, 2012
It's 52 years late!! Your founding fathers were tribalists and the country was built on a shaky foundation..

This is the beginning of the end of Nigeria... The country is already disintegrating in stages - you guys are currently on stage 2...

It's going to be a bloody three years, starting from next year, I wish you lot the best of luck...

Quote me!!

PS: Achebe and his Jewish publishers just made millions of dollars off you guys - smart business deal... The capitalists are also cashing in lol...

1 Like

Re: Is It Too Late For Nigeria? by obicentlis: 11:00pm On Oct 08, 2012
Till Nigeria apologized to the spirits of the dead children from malnutrition, peace, prosperity and progress will continue to be a mirage.
Their spirits are angry and seeking for vengeance. Let's face the facts. Innocent children died for no just cause. Appease their spirits then every good thing will come.
Re: Is It Too Late For Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Oct 08, 2012
A guy wrote a book with more than 500 pages, yet the white guy at Guardian UK printed the most inflammatory excerpts from the book in his review to boost the sales...

Just get the black savages talking, and get them to buy the book...

White Power!!! Jewish business minds!! grin
Re: Is It Too Late For Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 08, 2012
buzugee: ONLY SOLUTION WHICH IS WHAT WILL HAPPEN REAL SOON IS THE LORD WILL WIPE OUT EVERYONE IN AFRICA AND START AGAIN. THIS IS CALLED THE TRIBULATION PERIOD. TWO THIRDS OF THE EARTHS POPULATION WILL BE WIPED OUT AND ERADICATED. ZECHARIAH 13 VS 8

Oh?. That's the Solution?..Oh Ok

@op It may not be too Late.....You need some really progressive minds to make change

Of Course I am in a great mood right now with the Pills i am on, so in actuality Nigeria may Truthfully be Finished.
Re: Is It Too Late For Nigeria? by GhostFaceKiller: 11:03pm On Oct 08, 2012
nnenna.1:
I ask this question after considering how morally bankrupt, hateful, angry, violent, racist, sexist, abusive, dogmatic and ignorant the average Nigerian is. There are Nigerians who don't fit these descriptions of course but I am not sure that they are in sufficient numbers to make a difference in the long run.

Serious question -how do we change the state of the country when Nigerian mentality isn't even equipped for change in the first place?

I have no need to go into specifics or examples of how humanly inept we are seeing that our problems are obvious even to a retaard.

My question is - what are the next steps to take in all of this? Is it too late for Nigeria?

The average Nigerian is a psychotic sociopath.
Re: Is It Too Late For Nigeria? by tpia5: 11:04pm On Oct 08, 2012
What people really mean when they say they hate nigeria, is they hate their fellow nigerians.

They dont know it, but that's how it is.

Nigeria in itself is inanimate, it is not a person,place or thing, but rather a name given to an area encompassing certain groups of people who call it home.

An inanimate object does not interact with you like a living, breathing being. Rather, it is the PEOPLE who make up the entity, who you have issues with, and hate.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Too Late For Nigeria? by Areaboy2(m): 11:05pm On Oct 08, 2012
Get rid of religion first so we all learn to be responsible for our actions. undecided

Child upbringing is a crucial factor in trying to change the mentality of a generation. Indeed like someone pointed out, 1 or two generations will pass before we change reasonably

3 Likes

Re: Is It Too Late For Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 08, 2012
Tpia is that You in that Signature Picture....

Area_boy: Get rid of religion first so we all learn to be responsible for our actions. undecided

Child upbringing is a crucial factor in trying to change the mentality of a generation. Indeed like someone pointed out, 1 or two generations will pass before we change reasonably

Yea, African Nations aren't going anywhere while worshiping White and Arab Deities....

You can't Compete against those you Worship, They will always have the UpperHand.

Just look at how Religion help destroy Nigeria.

Black Fools fighting over which slave masters God treats them better....

Hilarious when you sit and think about it.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Too Late For Nigeria? by GhostFaceKiller: 11:10pm On Oct 08, 2012
The problem is how most Nigerians are brought up.

Most Nigerians are brought up with corporal punishment and training. The very reason the Military option always seems to bring a somewhat stable situation.
Re: Is It Too Late For Nigeria? by damola1: 11:13pm On Oct 08, 2012
We as Nigerians must come together. Not on the national or state level. But on the street, and local community, and ask ourselves in groups like we do in churches, what we can do to make our environment better. It's a very simple question we ask in businesses, it's a very simple question we ask at home. It's so simple that it's the only way we can solve our problem.

We must come together. Young, old, middle aged, we must find something engaging enough to ask... how we can make our local communities right, NOT Nigeria. How can we put police station with a functional phone line , that when there's a robbery we can call in, how can we get our local govt. working?.. how can we use the FOI.. how?... Only when we ask the How.. do we then know the way!

1 Like

Re: Is It Too Late For Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Oct 08, 2012
Nigeria died a painful and sorrowful death time ago...

The only Nigerians out there are the looters - they're patriotic with their looting...

The rest of you belong to your pseudo-nationalities till the country finally disintegrates...

You guys just can't live together..

1 Like

Re: Is It Too Late For Nigeria? by OilSubsidy: 11:16pm On Oct 08, 2012
Nigeria can be changed in one year if only the leaders subscribe to change. The man on the street cannot make any change whatsoever. Here is how they will change Nigeria if they really want to.

1. Drastically reduce the salary and allowances of those rulers. A situation where nigeria lawmakers earn more money that almost every other lawmaker in the whole world including American president is sickening. This is where to start.

If the status-quo remains and nothing is done about too much money to those thieving politicians am afraid it is too late for us.

Since they cannot do it for us due to their selfishness, only God will have to intercede by sending us a military messiah who will help us wipe these bunch of thieves. Not by any 'yeye' palace coup but by total cleansing of the whole system. Then and only then can nigeria move forward.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Too Late For Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 08, 2012
Its nt too late.if we start nw,we started early enuf.but wats d point actually?do your part of patroitism and others around u will b affected.change is possible but gradual.

1 Like

Re: Is It Too Late For Nigeria? by Onlytruth(m): 11:18pm On Oct 08, 2012
It is not too late, YET, for Nigeria, provided the following is done as soon as possible:

(1) The federal government of Nigeria MUST tender an unreserved apology to Ndigbo and Eastern Nigerians; pay compensations (even if as tokens) where applicable.

(2) The federal government should accept and declare that Eastern Nigerians had the right to secede when they did, and that the response by the federal government was disproportionate and irresponsible. A singular act of removing Ojukwu from his position as governor of the East should not have been turned into a war against the East.

(3) The federal government should organize a period of mourning (at its own discretion) for all the innocent children starved to death in Biafra.

(4) The federal government should try ALL perpetrators of war crimes during the civil war, even posthumously. Those convicted must be put in jail; stripped of national honors (where applicable). The jailing is VERY IMPORTANT to forestall a repeat in the future.

(5) The federal government should organize a SNC to restructure Nigeria ASAP.

(6) The federal government should adopt a new constitution which, among other recommendations, must acknowledge the supermacy of Nigerian citizens over any other state power. This means that the citizens must retain the right to demonstrate (even violently) when government is no longer catering to the desires of the citizens. The citizen groups must also retain the right to secede should they follow a certain laid down procedures clearly outlined in the new constitution.

The list is adhoc, but all intelligent people in Nigeria would know that if we implement it, Nigeria will have a sure future.

Here I stand!

Signed,

Onlytruth, Ndu di n'eziokwu 1 of Igboland. Eze Ndigbo Nairaland. cool cool cool

4 Likes

Re: Is It Too Late For Nigeria? by lekanwj(m): 11:18pm On Oct 08, 2012
In the mist of the rot, I sincerely believe things can still be remedied. Perhaps the wisest thing to do is to identify a genuine leader, mobilize for him/her to be president and everything will fall into place.
Re: Is It Too Late For Nigeria? by richjohn1(m): 11:19pm On Oct 08, 2012
Very impt..thread thot I was d only feeling this way, the situation is confusing which way forward? I Personally feel disintegration won't solve our prob...re-orientation of the average Nigerian mind would! On the other thread pple were concerned about how dumb our celebrities are one person was talking about their bank account....this shows the average way a Nigerian nigga reasons....I wish us all d best as a pple I forgot about Nigeria long ago
Re: Is It Too Late For Nigeria? by Krucifax(m): 11:19pm On Oct 08, 2012
nnenna.1:

The problem is sane Nigerians are a minority. Nairaland represent a microcosm of all that is wrong with Nigeria. The irony is most of the vile characters are the so called youths of tomorrow the "Ileke-idis", the "CyberGs" of this Nigeria. Hateful,Racist,Tribalist!!
To build a nation you need a team not a mad congregation of no love lost bigots. To each there own as always,not sure why they call Nigeria a nation anymore.It is a geographical location comprised of differing,opposed people!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Survival Of Niger Delta Beyond Crude Oil, Crude Oil Not "Useless" / Reactions to Dakuku Peterside Interview On Channels today (video) / Nigerians Celebrating Christmas On Empty Stomachs – LP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.