Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,245 members, 7,811,688 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

What Exactly Is The Purpose Of The LNSC??? (Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Corps) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Exactly Is The Purpose Of The LNSC??? (Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Corps) (5667 Views)

Prepare For State Police, Lagos Assembly Tells Safety Corps / Failure Of The Rivers State Government To Pay Rivers State Neighbourhood Safety / Usifo Ataga's Murder: Inside The Neighbourhood Of Suspect, Chidinma Ojukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Exactly Is The Purpose Of The LNSC??? (Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Corps) by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 22, 2018
I started noticing the guys with their brightly colored blue, yellow, and tan uniforms. It appeared to me like they were getting free rides on commercial buses among other benefits. (Not exactly though, kind of like how youth corpers are 'pitied' and given discounts and stuff).

Fast forward to this year and I've seen more and more LNSC branded cars, more LNSC officials, etc. But what do they do? I know they don't secure neighbourhoods, as most people I know still employ the services of local vigilante or NGOs like Man O War.

Today at Ketu, I was walking down the street when I saw one LNSC official display the typical irritating behavior all our security agencies do. A woman was standing in front of the Ketu Senior High School with a small transparent bucket of fish pies and egg rolls and she momentarily put the bucket down to adjust her baby. All of a sudden and LNSC official riding a branded, blue and yellow bicycle suddenly started screaming at the top of his lungs, asking who put the bucket on the street, even though it was obvious it belonged to the woman. He started threatening to "deal" with whoever was responsible for putting the bucket there. The other women around started chastising him (in hushed tones, obviously) saying that he should stop acting all upptiy and annoying (in Yoruba of course). The LNSC guy screamed again "Who's talking??!! Who's voice is that?? It's like somebody is looking for trouble!" And I was wondering what the hell was wrong with him and why he was acting like that. I can only imagine how much more dangerous he'd be if he had a gun.

I wanted to film the whole encounter but I'm not ready to get in an altercation with a useless official that'd just cause problems for me. . . There's a construction site a few blocks away from the school I'm managing and I'd only just stepped out to get something to eat.

I'm starting to think this whole LNSC is just a scam like the Peace Corps of a few months ago and another worthless security outfit that does nothing but harass citizens and receive salaries from the government.

P.S
I saw this same guy directing traffic later (in a place where there are working traffic lights) and the motorists weren't even listening to him. Or at least that's what it seemed like. Besides, isn't that the job of the LASTMA (Lagos State Traffic Management Authority)?? What do we need these people for then??

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Purpose Of The LNSC??? (Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Corps) by BiafranBushBoy: 3:00pm On May 22, 2018
It was established by someone Loyal to the Owner of Lagos (Tinubu) in a way to eat his own share of the cake.

LASTMA, KIA, LNSC.

You wana know where their salaries come from?

LOANS and TAXES levied on the hardworking citizens of Nigeria living in Lagos!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is The Purpose Of The LNSC??? (Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Corps) by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 22, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:
It was established by someone Loyal to the Owner of Lagos (Tinubu) in a way to eat his own share of the cake.

LASTMA, KIA, LNSC.

Its honestly disgusting how these politicians set up different kind of fraudulent programs just to loot funds.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Purpose Of The LNSC??? (Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Corps) by SalamRushdie: 3:18pm On May 22, 2018
It's state police loading on the sideline
Re: What Exactly Is The Purpose Of The LNSC??? (Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Corps) by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 22, 2018
SalamRushdie:
It's state police loading on the sideline
I don't think that'd make sense, what would happen to all the federal police if state policing is eventually implemented? A better plan would be to use the existing federal structure and rebrand it as state police. These LNSC guys are just feeding on taxpayers' money and disturbing the peace.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Purpose Of The LNSC??? (Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Corps) by PresidentAde(m): 5:08pm On May 22, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

LASTMA, KIA, LNSC.

Neighborhood watch now ( Lagos Neighborhood safety Corp LNSC)has been existing before the tenure of Tinubu himself, it started during​ the tenure of maruwa..

it was created then to tackle insecurity and most especially collect intel..within the communities.,.....

it's a local govt/state police kinda setting..ordo they're yet to get their bearing.

it was just upgraded and absorbed by the state from the local government who owe those worker 2yrs plus salary as at December 2016.

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Purpose Of The LNSC??? (Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Corps) by PresidentAde(m): 5:14pm On May 22, 2018
AnonyNymous:
I don't think that'd make sense, what would happen to all the federal police if state policing is eventually implemented? A better plan would be to use the existing federal structure and rebrand it as state police. These LNSC guys are just feeding on taxpayers' money and disturbing the peace.

Do you have anything personal against that LNSC guy u saw or against ambode or agaist law enforcement agents generally....

...Cos it looks personal from here!

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Purpose Of The LNSC??? (Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Corps) by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 22, 2018
PresidentAde:

Do you have anything personal against that LNSC guy u saw or against ambode or agaist law enforcement agents generally....

...Cos it looks personal from here!
I have nothing PERSONAL against him, I just noticed the new security agency which looks pretty useless (what exactlt do they do that existing outfits dont already do?) and saw a clear case of unnecessary harassment/bravado displayed by one of them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is The Purpose Of The LNSC??? (Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Corps) by PresidentAde(m): 5:35pm On May 22, 2018
AnonyNymous:

I have nothing PERSONAL against him, I just noticed the new security agency which looks pretty useless (what exactlt do they do that existing outfits dont already do?) and saw a clear case of unnecessary harassment/bravado displayed by one of them.

You noticed a new security agency and at a glance you concluded that it's useless.....just in few minutes ...... wow!

If you educate​ yourself on their job functions maybe you'll have a rethink.
Re: What Exactly Is The Purpose Of The LNSC??? (Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Corps) by CAPSLOCKED: 7:12pm On May 22, 2018
PresidentAde:

You noticed a new security agency and at a glance you concluded that it's useless.....just in few minutes ...... wow!

BROS NOTHING LIKE JOB FUNCTIONS, THEY'RE ALL USELESS.. UNLESS YOU'RE THEIR RECRUIT.

IN KADUNA STATE THERE'S FRSC, VIO, AND NOW "KASTELLA" BY RUFAI. ALSO VEHICLE INSPECTION OFFICERS AND ROAD USAGE MONITORS.

THEIR IMPACT, NOBODY HAS SEEN. THEIR ADVANTAGE, NOBODY KNOWS. THESE PEOPLE DO NOTHING AND COLLECT SALARY EVERY MONTH END.

SHARE OF CAKE IS THE ONLY THING ON THE MINDS OF THE CREATORS OF THESE VARIOUS ORGANIZATIONS.

3 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Purpose Of The LNSC??? (Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Corps) by chuksjuve(m): 7:34pm On May 22, 2018
It's like op was reading my mind..

I have always wondered too what their job description was?

They are always roaming in groups , some on bicycles, others in hilux jeep, what exactly they do I can't seem to phantom..

Earlier today at VI opposite oniru palace I saw 3 of them two make and a female gisting and walking aimlessly on the road..

I just keep looking at them till they were out of sight ...

I just think they are another breed of uniformed hooligans that will soon constitute nuisance as time goes by...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is The Purpose Of The LNSC??? (Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Corps) by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 22, 2018
PresidentAde:

Can you read?

If yes, why did you conveniently skip the part where I said I've noticed them since last year and not seen them do anything particularly useful?

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Purpose Of The LNSC??? (Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Corps) by PresidentAde(m): 9:08pm On May 22, 2018
AnonyNymous:

Can you read?

If yes, why did you conveniently skip the part where I said I've noticed them since last year and not seen them do anything particularly useful?

I don't know what you mean by the what you have up there........
Use 5meg and 15mins of your free time to research on this topic...... if you hold onto same position then we'll talk more!

"I saw your subtle bash"......
Re: What Exactly Is The Purpose Of The LNSC??? (Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Corps) by Toosure70: 10:55pm On May 22, 2018
Ask google.
Re: What Exactly Is The Purpose Of The LNSC??? (Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Corps) by obonujoker(m): 11:29pm On May 22, 2018
They are just a conduit for corrupt politicians to siphon money.....

Well I don't understand the job the yellow dressed guys are doing though....

Boys wey no fit arrest common cultist....

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Purpose Of The LNSC??? (Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Corps) by Ladipodeal: 7:10am On May 23, 2018
Some of posted to house of Lagos State government political office holders and Lagos house of assembly members as security guards.
Re: What Exactly Is The Purpose Of The LNSC??? (Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Corps) by linobrown9(m): 8:37am On May 23, 2018
PresidentAde:

I don't know what you mean by the what you have up there........
Use 5meg and 15mins of your free time to research on this topic...... if you hold onto same position then we'll talk more!

"I saw your subtle bash"......
What is dis one saying self...

(1) (Reply)

Who Remember This Back In 1992: MKO VS TOFA Funny Acronyms? / Bandits Killed 11,000 Men, Orphaned 44,000 In Zamfara – Senator Marafa / Benin Republic Asked Their President To Resign Due To The Border Closure.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.