Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,720 members, 7,824,043 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Is Melchizedek God Almighty? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Melchizedek God Almighty? (1272 Views)

N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? / Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? / The Order Of Melchizedek (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Melchizedek God Almighty? by matrix789: 11:57pm On Oct 08, 2012
Heb 7:3
3 without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, remains a priest continually.

HE HAS NO BEGINNING AND ENDING. So who is HE?
Re: Is Melchizedek God Almighty? by ijawkid(m): 12:10am On Oct 09, 2012
matrix789: Heb 7:3
3 without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, remains a priest continually.

He isn't God almighty.....he is melchizedek....:-)
Re: Is Melchizedek God Almighty? by Goshen360(m): 12:11am On Oct 09, 2012
No, he is NOT God Almighty.....he is a MAN that was used and positioned in the divine act to foreshadow Christ as a type in the OT just like Joseph, Moses, Adam etc.

English Standard Version (©2001)
See how great this man was to whom Abraham the patriarch gave a tenth of the spoils! Heb. 7:4

matrix789: Heb 7:3

Without genealogy is the key here. In Israel, when someone doesn't have a genealogy, such is considered without father, without mother, having neither beginning of days (birth) nor end of life (death). But was made LIKE the son of God, Jesus Christ. He is NOT Jesus Christ also but a type of Christ as he foreshadows Christ in the sense of being a Priest and King at the same time. In Israel, no king is priest and no priest is king at the same time but this MAN was. But Jesus in his human form or nature has genealogy, has beginning of days (birth record) and also record of death. The reference to "but made like the son of God" is to the eternity of Christ because in Christ eternal nature, Christ doesn't have beginning nor end of life.

1 Like

Re: Is Melchizedek God Almighty? by Goshen360(m): 12:28am On Oct 09, 2012
Also, Melchizedek in Hebrews 7 was used by the writer in two ways namely:

1. The Historic Melchizedek and

2. The Prophetic Melchizedek
Re: Is Melchizedek God Almighty? by truthislight: 12:43pm On Oct 09, 2012
Goshen360: No, he is NOT God Almighty.....he is a MAN that was used and positioned in the divine act to foreshadow Christ as a type in the OT just like Joseph, Moses, Adam etc.

English Standard Version (©2001)
See how great this man was to whom Abraham the patriarch gave a tenth of the spoils! Heb. 7:4

Without genealogy is the key here. In Israel, when someone doesn't have a genealogy, such is considered without father, without mother, having neither beginning of days (birth) nor end of life (death). But was made LIKE the son of God, Jesus Christ. He is NOT Jesus Christ also but a type of Christ as he foreshadows Christ in the sense of being a Priest and King at the same time. In Israel, no king is priest and no priest is king at the same time but this MAN was. But Jesus in his human form or nature has genealogy, has beginning of days (birth record) and also record of death. The reference to "but made like the son of God" is to the eternity of Christ because in Christ eternal nature, Christ doesn't have beginning nor end of life.

beautiful.

Goshen, do you see how sweet teaching the truth is?

Good job.

The father mother issue is with regard to his priesthood, be a priest not by heridetery, from father to son just like christ, a direct appointment by God.

Handshake guy!
Re: Is Melchizedek God Almighty? by bid4rich(m): 12:49pm On Oct 09, 2012
Did Bible says he is God Almighty? If bible didnt say so then he is not
Re: Is Melchizedek God Almighty? by Goshen360(m): 5:55pm On Oct 09, 2012
truthislight:

beautiful.

Goshen, do you see how sweet teaching the truth is?

Good job.

The father mother issue is with regard to his priesthood, be a priest not by heridetery, from father to son just like christ, a direct appointment by God.

Handshake guy!

Brother.....haven't I been teaching the truth? Just because we disagree on "some" issues doesn't mean we both lie. It means we both presented the evidence of a subject based on our knowledge which is progressive; for the scripture says we know in part. We should learn to listen to one another. You are welcome my brother.
Re: Is Melchizedek God Almighty? by ijawkid(m): 5:58pm On Oct 09, 2012
Goshen my bro.......well don jare.....
Re: Is Melchizedek God Almighty? by ATMC(f): 6:02pm On Oct 09, 2012
...but bible called him king of salem ie peace and called christ prince of peace, then christ said god is his father...and i ask is a prince not d son of a king? If yes, could it be dt melchizedek is a mystery?
Re: Is Melchizedek God Almighty? by Goshen360(m): 6:14pm On Oct 09, 2012
ATMC: ...but bible called him king of salem ie peace and called christ prince of peace, then christ said god is his father...and i ask is a prince not d son of a king? If yes, could it be dt melchizedek is a mystery?

He is NOT a mystery. He was divinely set apart to foreshadow Christ as a type just like First Adam was also a type and Eve was a type of the church. He was the first King and Priest and this was fulfilled in Christ. Believers are also King and Priest taking after Christ. Like I said earlier, Melchizedek was used as a type in two different ways by the writer of Hebrews,
Goshen360: Also, Melchizedek in Hebrews 7 was used by the writer in two ways namely:

1. The Historic Melchizedek and

2. The Prophetic Melchizedek
Re: Is Melchizedek God Almighty? by Goshen360(m): 6:15pm On Oct 09, 2012
ijawkid: Goshen my bro.......well don jare.....

You are a great brother also. Keep following peace with all men and holliness without which no man shall see God.
Re: Is Melchizedek God Almighty? by truthislight: 9:16am On Oct 10, 2012
DP
Re: Is Melchizedek God Almighty? by truthislight: 9:20am On Oct 10, 2012
Goshen360:

Brother.....haven't I been teaching the truth? Just because we disagree on "some" issues doesn't mean we both lie. It means we both presented the evidence of a subject based on our knowledge which is progressive; for the scripture says we know in part. We should learn to listen to one another. You are welcome my brother.

as much as i agree with your, i had thought that the knowing in part was as per the part knowledge that was given to different apostle that they have used to pened down in the individual scriptures that made up the bible.

But it becomes "whole" when all their writings are brought together.

For me, all i need to do is allow scripture to interpret and my work is done since the "whole" of the scriptures is here.
Peace.
Re: Is Melchizedek God Almighty? by Goshen360(m): 2:25pm On Oct 10, 2012
truthislight:

as much as i agree with your, i had thought that the knowing in part was as per the part knowledge that was given to different apostle that they have used to pened down in the individual scriptures that made up the bible.

But it becomes "whole" when all their writings are brought together.

For me, all i need to do is allow scripture to interpret and my work is done since the "whole" of the scriptures is here.
Peace.

On the bolded. I submit you are right. That's heavy! Good job bro.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Question Needing Answer 1sam 16:23 / How Many Of Us Still Make Our Night Prayers Before Bed? / In Every Situation, Always Praise God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.