Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Sokoto Poly Expel 77 Students For Exam Malpractices! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sokoto Poly Expel 77 Students For Exam Malpractices! (4244 Views)

FGGC, Akure Cooks Pick Pads Of Students For "Ritual Purposes" / Unilorin Set To Use Drones For Exam Monitoring And Surveillance / JAMB Tactics To Deal With Exam Malpractices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sokoto Poly Expel 77 Students For Exam Malpractices! by Ask4bigneyo(m): 12:18am On Oct 09, 2012
Sokoto — The Polytechnic of Sokoto State has dismissed 77 students for exam malpractices.

A statement signed on Monday by the Rector of the Polytechnic, Prof. Bashir Garba, a copy of which was made available to Vanguard in Sokoto, explained that the Academic Board of the institution had approved the dismissal of the affected students.

According to the Rector, “about 202 students had their semester cancelled while examination papers of 44 others were also cancelled,” he said adding, “at least 23 students were discharged and cleared of any malpractice.”

“Some of the offenses include entering the exam hall with note books, copying answers from fellow students and exchange of exam booklets and the inability of the affected students to appear before the Examination Malpra-ctice Committee,” he pointed out.
Source:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/sokoto-poly-expels-77-students-for-exam-malpractices/
Re: Sokoto Poly Expel 77 Students For Exam Malpractices! by ndukwejoe(m): 2:24am On Oct 09, 2012
I saw the heading , i was thrilled, students don't read these days .i pray this standard should be set everywhere .
Re: Sokoto Poly Expel 77 Students For Exam Malpractices! by Odunnu: 8:07am On Oct 09, 2012
Exam malpractice is a serious offence but should they be expelled for just that?
Maybe they are trying to set a standard where everybody is responsible.
Re: Sokoto Poly Expel 77 Students For Exam Malpractices! by Ask4bigneyo(m): 9:49am On Oct 09, 2012
If other institutions of learniing can emulate dis type of punishment, i thinkit will curb/reduce d rate @ which examination malpractices is been practice in our institutions!

Dis will serve as a lesson for others!
Re: Sokoto Poly Expel 77 Students For Exam Malpractices! by k2039: 2:05pm On Oct 10, 2012
If you want to fail,fail honourably and if you want to pass,pass honourably.

Its better to fail an exam than to cheat.
Failing just gives you another option to succeed
Re: Sokoto Poly Expel 77 Students For Exam Malpractices! by Maxymilliano(m): 2:09pm On Oct 10, 2012
So this can happen in a school in the north?... It is no more wonder shall never end 'coz wonders have already ended.

Nice piece of news tho.
Re: Sokoto Poly Expel 77 Students For Exam Malpractices! by browncool(m): 2:20pm On Oct 10, 2012
I think it's a good move by the academic board of the institution, however, sorry to divert a little, whenever ever the I hear the name Sokoto State, the first thing that comes to my mind is home of the extremist, I do not know if anyone feel same way
Re: Sokoto Poly Expel 77 Students For Exam Malpractices! by ULSHERLAN(m): 2:23pm On Oct 10, 2012
ndukwejoe: I saw the heading , i was thrilled, students don't read these days .i pray this standard should be set everywhere .
Becareful of what you ask, remember you have/will have kids..examination malpractices of any kind is bad but expelling the students is un called for...
Re: Sokoto Poly Expel 77 Students For Exam Malpractices! by nagoma(m): 2:31pm On Oct 10, 2012
browncool: I think it's a good move by the academic board of the institution, however, sorry to divert a little, whenever ever the I hear the name Sokoto State, the first thing that comes to my mind is home of the extremist, I do not know if anyone feel same way

If it means setting good standards thats okay. Your views about Sokoto are jaundiced. But you must be a southerner - they are taught to see it that way.
Re: Sokoto Poly Expel 77 Students For Exam Malpractices! by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 10, 2012
Good news. We need more like this.
Re: Sokoto Poly Expel 77 Students For Exam Malpractices! by trigar12(m): 3:11pm On Oct 10, 2012
See them forming say dem HOLY, most of u guys did worse in school.
Re: Sokoto Poly Expel 77 Students For Exam Malpractices! by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 10, 2012
browncool: I think it's a good move by the academic board of the institution, however, sorry to divert a little, whenever ever the I hear the name Sokoto State, the first thing that comes to my mind is home of the extremist, I do not know if anyone feel same way
i'm Igbo, i was born in sokoto and i've lived here all my life,i can boldly say that Sokoto is the most peaceful state in Northern Nigeria. That's why it has the largest community of Christians in Muslim Majority states of the north. Got that?

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Poly Expel 77 Students For Exam Malpractices! by abdulkayus(m): 4:28pm On Oct 10, 2012
INNO18: i'm Igbo, i was born in sokoto and i've lived here all my life,i can boldly say that Sokoto is the most peaceful state in Northern Nigeria. That's why it has the largest community of Christians in Muslim Majority states of the north. Got that?

abeg tel am more, infact nt only sokoto even zamfara dat every1 is scare abt dat is a sharia state is very peaceful and has many xtains and other tribes. D sharia issues is jus politics. Prior to d issue of BH in Borno state, borno is also one of d most peaceful and accomodatin state in d whole nigeria. Many ppl who are in d south and has never cross kwara, benue or kogi has are being feed wit dis thinkin dat immediately dey step into north, dey are deadmeat. Ppl need to go out and c tins demselves bt i wil nt recommend borno, yobe and maybe jos for nw. D states dat are crisis prone and is nt even all d tym are kano and kaduna.
Re: Sokoto Poly Expel 77 Students For Exam Malpractices! by Series22(m): 4:57pm On Oct 10, 2012
Ask4bigneyo:
Source:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/sokoto-poly-expels-77-students-for-exam-malpractices/
if u knw say u never ever cheat 4 exam hall, make i c your hands up. When i was in school, we used microchips 4 remainder.. because atimes we fit 4get wetin we read.
I think d students should b suspended, not expelled.
Re: Sokoto Poly Expel 77 Students For Exam Malpractices! by Series22(m): 5:04pm On Oct 10, 2012
INNO18: i'm Igbo, i was born in sokoto and i've lived here all my life,i can boldly say that Sokoto is the most peaceful state in Northern Nigeria. That's why it has the largest community of Christians in Muslim Majority states of the north. Got that?
u better enter d next night bus 2 onitsha.. Dey dia d talk nonsense.. EWU!

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Poly Expel 77 Students For Exam Malpractices! by nagoma(m): 5:30pm On Oct 10, 2012
Series22: if u knw say u never ever cheat 4 exam hall, make i c your hands up. When i was in school, we used microchips 4 remainder.. because atimes we fit 4get wetin we read.
I think d students should b suspended, not expelled.
Suspension will never do for cheats. They deserve nothing less than expulsion. This is the only way to clean this country. I salute Sokoto for this.And I have never never ever even thought of cheating at any exams and I will never do it. I have of course failed exams before and I accepted that.
Re: Sokoto Poly Expel 77 Students For Exam Malpractices! by nagoma(m): 5:32pm On Oct 10, 2012
Maxymilliano: So this can happen in a school in the north?... It is no more wonder shall never end 'coz wonders have already ended.

Nice piece of news tho.

AActually it can only happen in the north, elsewhere exam cheating is normal. All those PhD's were purchased.
Re: Sokoto Poly Expel 77 Students For Exam Malpractices! by preciousoz: 7:30pm On Oct 10, 2012
Best News have heard in While.... This is how U know a Nation is undergoing a quiet Revolution.
Re: Sokoto Poly Expel 77 Students For Exam Malpractices! by Ask4bigneyo(m): 7:48pm On Oct 10, 2012
preciousoz: Best News have heard in While.... This is how U know a Nation is undergoing a quiet Revolution.

Best News! LMAO..
Re: Sokoto Poly Expel 77 Students For Exam Malpractices! by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 10, 2012
Series22: u better enter d next night bus 2 onitsha.. Dey dia d talk nonsense.. EWU!
you dont have to remind that you're an Illiterate. Rite now i'm @Awka, Unizik to be precise.
Re: Sokoto Poly Expel 77 Students For Exam Malpractices! by fankasibe: 8:43pm On Oct 10, 2012
The students knws that the north isn't save anymore.,...so they came up wif dis idea which had now worked out as planned.
Re: Sokoto Poly Expel 77 Students For Exam Malpractices! by Vincent41(m): 9:27pm On Oct 10, 2012
Ask4bigneyo:
Source:

hausa people de read??abeg allow dem to go about selling suya and mending shoes which is theri brthrite job
Re: Sokoto Poly Expel 77 Students For Exam Malpractices! by Series22(m): 9:47pm On Oct 10, 2012
INNO18: you dont have to remind that you're an Illiterate. Rite now i'm @Awka, Unizik to be precise.
Ewu, why u dey run na, u 4 stay sokoto make dem use your big head appease their god
Re: Sokoto Poly Expel 77 Students For Exam Malpractices! by Walexsammy(m): 10:22pm On Oct 10, 2012
omo, for my skul, na normal thing. Inshort, we students no dey even dey suprise again wen ever d list iz been pasted. Instead we'l start asking wen wil nxt batch be out. Am talking of micheal okpara university, umudike

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Poly Expel 77 Students For Exam Malpractices! by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 10, 2012
Series22: Ewu, why u dey run na, u 4 stay sokoto make dem use your big head appease their god
Buffon. Argueing with you is a waste of valuable and much needed space
Re: Sokoto Poly Expel 77 Students For Exam Malpractices! by Walexz02(m): 10:41pm On Oct 10, 2012
Uhmmm! Did d news say sokoto
Re: Sokoto Poly Expel 77 Students For Exam Malpractices! by Rooneyboy(m): 11:12pm On Oct 10, 2012
Since morning wey dis thing don dey front page, e still dey struggle to enter next page, it leaves me wandering,

What part of the world is sokoto in
Re: Sokoto Poly Expel 77 Students For Exam Malpractices! by Ask4bigneyo(m): 11:12am On Oct 11, 2012
Walexsammy: omo, for my skul, na normal thing. Inshort, we students no dey even dey suprise again wen ever d list iz been pasted. Instead we'l start asking wen wil nxt batch be out. Am talking of micheal okpara university, umudike

bros.. Expulsion list don turn to batch by batch for una school...?

Na wah for una ooo
Re: Sokoto Poly Expel 77 Students For Exam Malpractices! by Ask4bigneyo(m): 11:15am On Oct 11, 2012
Rooneyboy: Since morning wey dis thing don dey front page, e still dey struggle to enter next page, it leaves me wandering,

What part of the world is sokoto in

uno say ppl no dey like to dey contribute to d truth now...
Re: Sokoto Poly Expel 77 Students For Exam Malpractices! by Ask4bigneyo(m): 11:16am On Oct 11, 2012
Vincent 4:

hausa people de read??abeg allow dem to go about selling suya and mending shoes which is theri brthrite job

haaaaa! Na u talk am ooo! Me no dey dia oo
Re: Sokoto Poly Expel 77 Students For Exam Malpractices! by Ask4bigneyo(m): 11:18am On Oct 11, 2012
fankasibe: The students knws that the north isn't save anymore.,...so they came up wif dis idea which had now worked out as planned.

u mean dey deliberately engaged in dis act?
LWKMD4H..
Re: Sokoto Poly Expel 77 Students For Exam Malpractices! by Ask4bigneyo(m): 11:21am On Oct 11, 2012
INNO18: Buffon. Argueing with you is a waste of valuable and much needed space

bros take am easy abeg!

(1) (Reply)

Mapoly 2nd Batch List Is Out** Registration Begins December. Get Ready! - / Federal Polytechnic Bida 2011/2012 Admission Finally Out! / Re: University Of Lagos 2012/2013 Admission{unilag}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.