Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,356 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Why Do Igbo People Talk So Much About Dominating Others? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Igbo People Talk So Much About Dominating Others? (1574 Views)

Why Exactly Do Igbo People Want To Break Away From Nigeria? / Do Igbo Have crude Oil? / Why I Talk So Harshly About Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Igbo People Talk So Much About Dominating Others? by amor4ce(m): 5:29am On Oct 09, 2012
Why is it that Igbo people like to use the word 'dominate' when they describe themselves in relation to others?

Is there any ethnic nationality in the world that openly use 'dominate'?
Re: Why Do Igbo People Talk So Much About Dominating Others? by Blazay(m): 5:50am On Oct 09, 2012
It is called 'inferiority' complex! kiss
The main reason BIAFRA can never be.
Who wants a bunch of ALUUUUUU murderers living without supervision?
All you have to do is go and 'drag' your money from them. . .
You make the mistake of taking any of their items as collateral. . . .haaahn!
Na taya you go see dey burn for ya azzze!

ALUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!
Re: Why Do Igbo People Talk So Much About Dominating Others? by Nobody: 6:16am On Oct 09, 2012
Why is it that your heart bumps out of your mouth whenever you read a word dominate by an igbo on the internet!
ALSO
Isnt it too early to be worrying on what igbos thinks about themselves this early morning?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbo People Talk So Much About Dominating Others? by kettykin: 6:20am On Oct 09, 2012
Why dont you people rather than waste precious bandwidth call for a referendum to solve the Nigeria question once and for all like Sudanese did

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbo People Talk So Much About Dominating Others? by birdman(m): 6:43am On Oct 09, 2012
Interestingly, its also sprinkled in Achebe's write-up. From a supposed pan Africanist, I find it bothersome.
Re: Why Do Igbo People Talk So Much About Dominating Others? by meforkene(m): 7:05am On Oct 09, 2012
At this age and time..I know that anybody that "generalises" is either ignorant or very myopic.(OP n d guy dat wrote after u,choose one or both)...all ibos are this,all yorubas are that,hausas are...u sef do u act like ur own father?..very superficial

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbo People Talk So Much About Dominating Others? by Blazay(m): 7:13am On Oct 09, 2012
Anyone that does understand the TRUE meaning of generalizations need to go back to PRE-K!

For the 'STARK-ILLITERATES' on board. . . .despite free education/s and 'or-ga-sms' in NIGERIA from your area fathers and mothers. . . . :

Lemme educate ya. . .for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Or-ga-sms. . . come with a 'special' fee! kiss
There is a difference between THE SOUND LOGICAL PRINCIPLE OF GENERALIZATIONS . . . very logical with experiential/exponential evidence. . . given the odds AGAINST CERTAINTY. kiss

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/generalization

gen·er·al·i·za·tion Pronunciation (jnr--l-zshn)
n.
1. The act or an instance of generalizing.
2. A principle, statement, or idea having general application.

http://www.sjsu.edu/depts/itl/graphics/adhom/general.html

[size=20pt]Generalizations can be a valid method of argument. Inductive reasoning, in particular, is based on the ability to generalize from repeated experiences or observations.[/size] The soundness of an inductive generalization can usually be determined by asking the following questions:

Do we have a sufficient number of instances to draw a conclusion?
Is the breadth of the conclusion drawn supported by the evidence?
Are the terms of the conclusion consistent with the terms of the evidence?

AS OPPOSED TO THE HIGHLY ILLOGICAL FALLACY OF HASTY GENERALIZATIONS. . . .! kiss

http://www.fallacyfiles.org/hastygen.html

A hasty generalization occurs anytime the sample is not big enough to represent the population

Does anyone need a 'native' interpreter? grin

Bottom line. . .it depends on who is doing the observational study. . . with ethnic groups in Nigeria and concerning the racial groups of the world. . . GENERALIZATIONS ARE VERY VALID.

Q.E.D. . . .next topic please! cool
Re: Why Do Igbo People Talk So Much About Dominating Others? by meforkene(m): 7:32am On Oct 09, 2012
Blazay: Anyone that does understand the TRUE meaning of generalizations need to go back to PRE-K!

For the 'STARK-ILLITERATES' on board. . . .despite free education/s and 'or-ga-sms' in NIGERIA from your area fathers and mothers. . . . :

Lemme educate ya. . .for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Or-ga-sms. . . come with a 'special' fee! kiss
There is a difference between THE SOUND LOGICAL PRINCIPLE OF GENERALIZATIONS . . . very logical with experiential/exponential evidence. . . given the odds AGAINST CERTAINTY. kiss

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/generalization

AS OPPOSED TO THE HIGHLY ILLOGICAL FALLACY OF HASTY GENERALIZATIONS. . . .! kiss

http://www.fallacyfiles.org/hastygen.html

Does anyone need a 'native' interpreter? grin
Wow!for an english teacher,ur english is so faulty..totally.were u not taught in primary that when defining a word,u should try not to use that word... go back n read that ur dictionary again and pick d right definition.u tried so hard to copy the one to suit u and yet..empty
Re: Why Do Igbo People Talk So Much About Dominating Others? by Blazay(m): 7:34am On Oct 09, 2012
meforkene:

Wow!for an english teacher, ur

english is so faulty..totally.were

u not taught

[size=20pt]in primary[/size] that when defining a word,

u should

try not to use that word... go back

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

n read that ur

dictionary again and pick d right definition. u

tried so hard to copy the one to suit

u
and yet..empty

Dumping Tampon Buckets around the Princeton premises gives you the illusion that you MAY be a Princeton ALUMNUS?
Your best defence. . . .?
The burden of proof is on you.
Show us YOUR talent of weed! wink
Complaining of my 'english'?
When you use text messaging lingo to convey your lack of substance?
O Ga Ju! cheesy

I have used the words and the definitions I so choose to use. . .
!GET YOURS!
I am neither on your payroll, nor your puppet on strings. . . .!
Use your charm on someone else. . . I DO WHAT I PLEASE! cool
Re: Why Do Igbo People Talk So Much About Dominating Others? by meforkene(m): 7:35am On Oct 09, 2012
You above have modified ur comment 3 times and yet...please read ur 1st sentence,then go back to ur favorite highlight(modify)
Re: Why Do Igbo People Talk So Much About Dominating Others? by RickyRoss1(m): 7:37am On Oct 09, 2012
amor4ce: Why is it that Igbo people like to use the word 'dominate' when they describe themselves in relation to others?

Is there any ethnic nationality in the world that openly use 'dominate'?

If you are not mentally ill and full of inferiority complex, you wouldn't be worried or bothered about what others think about themselves.

Timaya is always bragging about his houses and the fleet of cars he drive, it is not for you to bad mouth him, he has bragging rights. If it pains you then go buy your own cars, if you cant afford to buy then kindly shut up. DJ Khalid is always ranting about having hundred million dollars etc, and no American rapper has ever challenged him, coz they are civilized people. In Nigeria the story is different, many Nigerian musicians became jealous and envious of Timaya, even last year one deranged musician made a song against Timaya titled "I WAN FINISH TIMAYA"

And why is it always yorobah people that care about what Igbos think about themselves? Are you the only tribe in Nigeria? When will yorobah people stop opening senseless threads about Igbo people? If you hate Igbos so much why don't you let them break away from Nigeria

I am Igbo, but there are some things I hate about my tribe, especially the bragging. I hate it when some touts wake up and claim they own 70% of Lagos or Abuja? Nigeria is being run and controlled by the west, but have you ever seen or heard Americans or British people bragging about owing Nigeria or controlling Africas vast natural resources?

I also hate the way some Igbos call their brothers osu, last weekend i slapped my fathers youngest brother bc of this nonsense. We were in a village meeting and one guy raised an important issue, only for my uncle to start raining abuses on this guy telling him to shut up and not to talk when free borns are talking, telling him Osu can never be King in our community. I was just pissed off I lost my anger. I am a disciplined man, if my father fuckks up i treat his Bleep up even though he is my dad. I dont take sides with anybody just bc you are from my race. I know both Igbos and Yorobahs are going to abuse me for being honest here, but does it matter?
Re: Why Do Igbo People Talk So Much About Dominating Others? by meforkene(m): 7:41am On Oct 09, 2012
Blazay:

Your best defence. . . .?
The burden of proof is on you.
Show us YOUR talent of weed! wink
Complaining of my 'english'?
When you use text messaging lingo to convey your lack of substance?
O Ga Ju! cheesy
And now you r off course ofcourse.you were so easy to disarm..have a nice day.@least you have learnt a lot already.
Re: Why Do Igbo People Talk So Much About Dominating Others? by Blazay(m): 7:41am On Oct 09, 2012
meforkene: You above have modified ur comment 3 times and yet...please read ur 1st sentence,then go back to ur favorite highlight(modify)

I repeat. . .I DON'T TAKE ORDERS FROM YOU. kiss
I have made my point.
Stick to the topic. . .or learn from others who can.
You are boring. . . please move!
When you get back. . . avoid yahoo-yahoo lingo for your 419 text messaging potential victims.
Next please! cool

meforkene:
And now you r off course ofcourse.you were so easy to disarm..have a nice day. @least you have learnt a lot already.

Sheeeesh! grin
*spits*

Alhaji MARSHA PRINCETON JANITOR. . . 'NEVER GRADUATED'!

(1) (Reply)

What We Didn't Know About Gowon / Why Nigeria Is Under Developed.. / Rivers State: “try Us And See” Melaye’s Group Dares Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.