Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address (13301 Views)

Buhari To Announce Ministerial List During Oct 1 National Address- Breakingtimes / President Jonathan To Address The Nation Tomorrow By 7am. / Oyo State Govt Declares 7pm To 7am Curfew With Immediate Effect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 09, 2012
Arise, O compatriots, Nigeria's call obey to serve our Fatherland with love and strength and faith.
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by sharpman1(m): 12:36pm On Oct 09, 2012
onatisi:
you are either mentally sick or stupid ,can you pls read through what you have just written and see if it makes the smallest sense?haba!!!!!! there is serious problem in Nigeria ooooo if you are the kind of ppl being referred to as the leaders of tomorrow . so u want gej to come tv and make mention of his wife in a national address , Jesus Christ , wahalahi i feel like slapping
what do u know about TV production to make u comment about the camera angle and trash , i bet it you are a jss student

I don't have time for senseless people like you who do not have the ability to read and comprehend.
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by ngooka: 12:39pm On Oct 09, 2012
The president speech was a welcome and sign that he is following up with happenings in the country, its now left for the affected state to follow up and see the money get to them

2 Likes

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by espn(m): 12:40pm On Oct 09, 2012
SOH KAH TOA: Look at this imbecilic being using the monikers, Witi and Romi and hitting likes at his folly... Park well jor!
wtf did u just type..smh@ ur age!u suck idiot!

1 Like

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by taharqa: 12:42pm On Oct 09, 2012
superior1: IMO Jonathan raised the bar in the definition of stupidity, the transmission is senseless, shallow and of no relevance. [size=14pt]The transmission had been recorded and edited [/size](anyone who watched closely will noticed it wasn't a live transmission). Why wait till 7am before playing it after the National Anthem
Read through yr comment again and see if u hv not defind yr STU.PIDITY beautifully. What does a live or recorded speech hv to do wit d fact that hundred of thousands of Nigerians are hunting from floods and need help? How does a transmission that intends to provide this help look 'senseless, shallow and irrelevant'?...go get a life dude b4 it is too late and stop pooking yr mouth on tins that are way over yr head
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by espn(m): 12:42pm On Oct 09, 2012
Wsdm: Although flood is part of the problems facing the country. But a presidential speech is suppose to be more weighty than what we heard this morning. Today is the day Nigerian covertly give out Bakkassi away, look at how students are now victims of security failure in all parts of the country, armed bandits is the order of the day including all mighty oil theft, institutionalized corruption in every facet of our life. These and many more are the things i was expecting the president to address. If this is the only reason he made a nation wide broadcast, there are many mouth piece in his cabinet who should have done it.
God bless u bruv!
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by micklplus(m): 12:46pm On Oct 09, 2012
Well, oga jona has tried in the sense that, he released the fund and I must commend him for that. 17.6Billion is not yam ooo but then, given the fact that, reports from NEMA about the flood were already in place months before this mishap( though, opening of camerounian Dam and dredging of river niger compounded the flood issue), I think oga jonah should have released this funds ealier and, it would have been easier for the Fed Government to challenge the state governments on what preparations were put in place to reduce the impact of the flood.

I would also rather, Federal Government and the states should have been more proactive and put measures in place to reduce the impact of this flood.

The impacts of this flood would have been further reduced if, the states have put proper measures in place to cushion the effect of the flood.

Also, I hope the state govts won't divert the funds to their private pockets.

By and large, thanks oga jonah for the funds and i commend you. Atleast, you play a part and you didn't need a national broadcast to announce the release of the intervention funds.
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by MurphyT1: 12:51pm On Oct 09, 2012
acidtalk: Someone should tell me this is a joke.

So with all the whole menace going on across the country thats what this man can wake Nigerians up to tell them?
If they are genuinely donating as an act of philanthropic deeds, what stops them from secretly donating without making noise,.

Moreover they are only giving back a meager from what they have stolen and are still stealing from Nigeria.
Now enough money to be stolen again from the National Emergency Agencies and ministry of Environment.

If care is not taken, those people will only use their ears to hear the billions by this time next year, they might well be worst hit by the very same flood.

SATANIC MEN ruling a Crazy country.

u sound like a toddler, haba...who has donated money? get ur information right, and stop displaying ur low understanding in public...Dangote and Adenuga r members of a commitee incharge of raising funds frm d public
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 09, 2012
kunletiwoo: Arise, O compatriots, Nigeria's call obey to serve our Fatherland with love and strength and faith.
abeg na who sing this song?
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 09, 2012
berem: abeg na who sing this song?
A hopeful Nigerian did, my dear. cheesy
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by awesomet1(m): 1:04pm On Oct 09, 2012
It was very disappointing and a waste of my snooze time. Disbursing cash aimlessly and setting up committees (is setting up committees the only way GEJ knows in the art of governance ). As far as I'm concerned, it's just a wasteful reactive approach to the whole disaster situation. Nothing was mentioned about the dredging of the Rivers Niger and Benue. Nothing was said on improving our meteorological facilities so that we can predict this floods and provide warnings ahead of time. Compatriots, it is very clear that good leadership eludes us.
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by luckyelems(m): 1:11pm On Oct 09, 2012
If you want to crictizs the govermnt then you need to do that constively and not telling nigerians that you woke up by 7 to listen to hw billons wil be shared.because u ar not affectd by the flood.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by omiobo: 1:13pm On Oct 09, 2012
Mallamabdul: I have just come to find out that no matter what good the president does, there are some people on Nairaland who are paid to discredit him.
Its too bad and we can't build our democratic culture that way.

it's bound to happen.
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by EkoIle1: 1:14pm On Oct 09, 2012
sharp man: I am sorry, but the broadcast was a complete joke.

Imagine having a 7am broadcast to announce that a fund raising committee has been set up for a flood that occurred weeks ago. Why can't a press release be issued or have the minister of information or one of the numerous advisers on media to address the press.

No single mention of the recent killing of students in PH and Mubi or even attempting to clear the confusing information the public has been fed about the state of health of his wife.

He did not even look good on TV.....the camera angle was bad, no charisma, no swag.....it was like a comedian in a sitcom.

I am sorry for Nigeria if this is the best we can offer.

Sounds more like Odeshuku Abdul El Reterdeen Odeshilewo.

I'm sure he'll set up another committee to look into the report of that committee and another committee to implement the report of the analyzing committee while another one will be ste up when another disaster shows up.
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by semit: 1:18pm On Oct 09, 2012
are there no better people who can supervise these projects?
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Demdem(m): 1:20pm On Oct 09, 2012
Good initiative by the Retardeen but to be honest, the address was not neccessary at all. A press release/minister could have simply done the magic. The question now is will corruption allow the those affected by the flood benefit from these goodies? Besides ignoring the most recent sensitive happenings in the country suggests to me that Abati has completely lost it.
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by maclatunji: 1:21pm On Oct 09, 2012
The man said little that is useful to the flood victims and looked awful with the Camera shot and angle that was used.
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Yaya6: 1:23pm On Oct 09, 2012
one thing we have failed to learn in this country is how to appreciate our leaders. The way things are done in America far different from the UK and not to talk of Nigeria with dynamism in ethnicism. GEJ is doing is best has the leader, and we need to just support him to get the best.
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Havilah93(m): 1:39pm On Oct 09, 2012
undecided
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by seunlayi(m): 1:42pm On Oct 09, 2012
musKeeto: I was disappointed. I thought he wanted to announce Dame's death...

Just a repeat of the usual Nigerian response to adversity: Spend more money...
What type of person are you? The woman is right there in Germany enjoying herself (don't you watch her cracking joke and hugging her husband?). while you are right here in Nigeria thinking like a ....... Well, let me leave you to be what you choose to be.
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by EkoIle1: 1:43pm On Oct 09, 2012
Yaya6: one thing we have failed to learn in this country is how to appreciate our leaders. The way things are done in America far different from the UK and not to talk of Nigeria with dynamism in ethnicism. GEJ is doing is best has the leader, and we need to just support him to get the best.

If what we are getting from GEJ is his best, they we are in even deeper trouble...
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Sircuba: 2:09pm On Oct 09, 2012
All i hav been learnin for past months dat i hav joined dis nairaland is HOW TO ABUSE OR INSULT PERSON*...SEUN OSEWA! CAN WE HAV A NAIRALAND-COURT PLS.?
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by ekwenche(m): 2:11pm On Oct 09, 2012
mr president ,thank you for at least giving us the exact figures of the fund meant for the flood victims .Those who critize is simply the paid gladiators who wants to make sure our country remain stand still and ungovernable
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Barywhyte(m): 2:11pm On Oct 09, 2012
romi: To think i had to set a reminder since yesterday to wake up early and listen to GEJ's national address as i thought he wanted to assert his authority about the numerous Security concerns affecting the Nation only for him to waste 10minutes of my precious time announcing how DANGOTE(chairman), ADENUGA (vice), GOVERNORS, E.T.C and Him... Are going to share BILLIONS OF NAIRA all in the name of setting up FLOOD COMMITTEE, Haba Why!!!! SMH

Other states should start working hard to join flood producing states!
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by atuboweke(m): 2:12pm On Oct 09, 2012

FOR WISHING YOUR FELLOW HUMANBEING DEAD....MAY THE ALMIGHTY GOD PAY U BACK WITH A SUDDEN DEATH. GO WRITE TODAY"S DATE DOWN.
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by atuboweke(m): 2:15pm On Oct 09, 2012

YOU MUST BE FROM THE YORUBA TRIBE.......
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by mejai(m): 2:24pm On Oct 09, 2012
Wat hav we done 2 cameroon sef? Cameroon released der dam and nigeria got flooded.
Cameroon dragged bakassi wit us and we folded our arms.
Even in football, dey beat us black and blue. WHY
To d topic, oga jonah dat swallowed fish, u hav minister of info and an other aides, u could hav saved ursef frm wastin ur time tryin to be relevant. Afterall, dis is comin 3/2 wks after d flood. Giv us security, it's obvious our lives worth 2kobo now.
So helpp us Jah!!!
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by VUVUZELA10: 2:28pm On Oct 09, 2012
Unpresidential.
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by touchmehard: 2:38pm On Oct 09, 2012
Assuming Jonathan did not say anything about the flood disaster, you people would still have been here saying that he is insensitive to the plight of his people.
You guys are saying that he didnt say anything about Aluu and Mubi, you forget that those crimes were preventable if Nigerians agreed to have a human heart; whereas the flooding is a natural disaster-which had even caused some deaths also. Una no go see that one
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by gp66(m): 2:43pm On Oct 09, 2012
i have been studying comments on Nairaland with regards to the Presidency. It is only when issues concerning d president arise that some nairalanders wants to show that they went to sch. They always use insultive words on the president and even any supporters of the president. As for me, i will keep praying for the President and his cabinet to help this nation out of her challenges, to make this nation a better place. On my own part i will do my best not to jeopardize govt efforts. I will give my contributions in any aspect to make Nigeria move 4wd. God bless u, God bless Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Tintinix: 2:51pm On Oct 09, 2012
I thought the speech was direct straight to the point and on the subject... Flood! and how to respond to this disasater and paradventure any other thereafter.
Please people our mindset needs to be changed, this is a responsive government, we are not there yet at being pro-active, but something is being done for good ness sake!
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Dpeacemaker101: 2:59pm On Oct 09, 2012
romi: To think i had to set a reminder since yesterday to wake up early and listen to GEJ's national address as i thought he wanted to assert his authority about the numerous Security concerns affecting the Nation only for him to waste 10minutes of my precious time announcing how DANGOTE(chairman), ADENUGA (vice), GOVERNORS, E.T.C and Him... Are going to share BILLIONS OF NAIRA all in the name of setting up FLOOD COMMITTEE, Haba Why!!!! SMH
am not even sure u have anything doing, jobless swalert

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra / Militants Vow To Attack Dickson Over Unpaid Salaries / 'Buhari Investigate Aregbesola': Osun Pensioners Protest Non Payment Of Pensions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.