Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,220 members, 7,836,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

How To Become A Freelance Writer: Starting From Scratch - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Become A Freelance Writer: Starting From Scratch (745 Views)

Create Your Own Job From Scratch; Draw From My Experience / Earn Money As A Freelance Writer At 15projects.com / How To Make Money Online As A Freelance Writer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Become A Freelance Writer: Starting From Scratch by Esolver1(m): 7:24pm On Oct 09, 2012
Decide Service Offerings: The best piece of advice I can give here is to start slow, especially if you’re still working a job. For example, when I first started out as an SEO writer I just offered SEO articles. As clients began to request more things (eg, blog posts, press releases, social media), I added those services – when I felt comfortable and when I knew I could afford to hire help.

It’s easy in certain sectors to get busy quickly as a freelance writer. Even writing a few articles a day can be easy because it’s not JUST the writing, it’s the research, the back and forth with the client, the proofreading, the editing, etc.

Create 3-5 Writing Samples: Once you select your niche, you need writing samples. They don’t have to be for “real” clients.

Just sit down and write samples for each type of service you plan to provide. For example, if you’re going to offer press releases, cases studies and general web articles, write one or two of each type – in your niche —to put on your website. Make sure they’re letter perfect.

Set Your Freelance Writing Rates:
This is probably the hardest part of starting a freelance writing career because rates are all over the place.

Lay Out a Simple Marketing Strategy: If you don’t have any money, there are a plethora of ways to find clients, eg, social media, email marketing, free article distribution, cold calling, etc. Only you can decide what works for you.

Just Get Started Already! Many who do all the above still fail to pull the trigger. They will hem, haw, procrastinate, find other stuff they “need” to do, etc. Once you’ve done the above, believe me, you’re more than ready to start your freelance writing career.

If You are interested on WORK FROM HOME ONLINE ARTICLE WRITING SERVICE..On Full Time or Part-Time Basis, No Qualification or Experience Required...Start Earning Constant $400 [N60,000] Weekly. Send An E-MAIL and Include Your PHONE NO To: [email]onlinewriterscashcode@yahoo.com[/email] HURRY NOW!

(1) (Reply)

Massive Recriutment At Hsa....... / Wanted In Abuja-accountants, Cashiers, Cooks & Marketers / A Fast Moving Consumer Goods Company Urgently Needs Sales Reps/managers In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.