Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,826 members, 7,828,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire (14869 Views)

Poll: predict the outcome

Nigeria: 78% (26 votes)
Cote divore: 21% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire AYC 2015 (2 - 2) On 14th March, 2015 / Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs / CAN U-17: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire (0 - 1) On Wednesday 17-April-2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire by shabangur(m): 10:23pm On Jan 21, 2008
Nigeria will beat Mali and benin to advance to the next round.Why is this team crucified like this?They tried their best and played very well.We just like to criticise.It's a game for heaven's sake.U win some, u loose some.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire by gentlegg(m): 10:29pm On Jan 21, 2008
Thank God I didn't watch the match cos I knew CIV will definitely win us, at least that saves me some heart break
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire by Uche2nna(m): 10:30pm On Jan 21, 2008
Ol boy, how Osha dey

Which part u dey?
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire by 9ja4eva: 10:32pm On Jan 21, 2008
Was it a Nigerian team that played today or a German team?

I am not shocked
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire by buffead(f): 10:33pm On Jan 21, 2008
@ shabangur u watched da match didnt u nigeria didnt look as if they were battling for something totally rubbish i wont be surprise if benin whop our ass lol they didnt play with commintment at all i cant see us going far  undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire by Uche2nna(m): 10:36pm On Jan 21, 2008
Mali 1 Benin 0

Getting hot in dat group

Mathematically, Nigeria needs to win its 2 games to qualify.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire by foniwon: 10:39pm On Jan 21, 2008
Benin wont beat us but it will be nice if we don't qualify , I am certainly not going to give naija all the hope for winning the tournament but if they do good for them. We just need a new team , erase the present one with a laser beam or acid sef.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire by sley4life(m): 10:40pm On Jan 21, 2008
Vogt shuld explain why he put in Makinwa in the 23 list. He shuld explain why he put Makinwa in the match. Makinwa has only scores 2 goals for Nigeria in over 23 apearances. The only sily goal he scored was against lowly rated Rwanda. Vogt should tell us why he put Ejide before Enyeama. Vogt shuld explain why he put Okonkwo to replace kanu. Vogt should explain why he put Apam. Vogt should explain why he didnt play Ike Uche. Vogt is a F****R. His contract will be terminated if he doesnt give an answer to this question. If he doesnt win against Mali, he should not wait for Benin match oooh, He should just fly to Germany to see his grand children, We should fax our writeups immediately to Ghana, Pls who have a fax machine here so that we can send a copy to Vogt or moreover who has Vogt phone number so we can send him this link or talk to him on phone, embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire by shabangur(m): 10:42pm On Jan 21, 2008
Let's wait and see but I still see a very good chance of qualifying.Nigeria hit a crossbar from a freekick,which shows that they were focused on winning.Don't take anything away from Kalou,he fought for that goal single-handedly.That's when we talk about quality players.Nigeria lost to a good team,period.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire by foniwon: 10:44pm On Jan 21, 2008
It's not Vogts fault , 9ja's team is just like the english national team , several good individual players but no team!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire by foniwon: 10:46pm On Jan 21, 2008
@ shabangur , hitting the cross bar does not make a difference , we need to sit up and play as a team or else mali will deal with us on friday.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire by anusule(m): 10:48pm On Jan 21, 2008
nigeria i believe will come back stronger.
maybe if we had won, we would have relaxed and thereby lose the other matches ahead.

i think we are coming back stronger, we might win, God is always with those that are with him, and those that believe.
at least, God please, let nigeria win so kanu can have a glorious retirement. smiley
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire by Uche2nna(m): 10:52pm On Jan 21, 2008
Makinwa has always been on the fringes. This is not the first time he is making the Nigerian team as a sub

Apam. I honestly dont know. Maybe he did well in training and petered out in the match. It happens you know.

Ejide is as good as Enyeama. There is little difference between them so it does not matter who comes. None of them is Buffon!

Kanu was not even on the pitch so it does not make a big difference with whom he was substituted
Ike Uche ---I have been a fan of that guy. I dont know why he did not make the cut.

However, with the state of the Eagles today it does not matter who was fielded. We just have to accept that the Ivorian team is much more superior. Two players from Arsenal , two players from Chelsea, My favorite player form Barca and not to mention the kones and the zokoras. It ois only going to be a travesty of justice if Nigeria had won that match.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire by darfur(m): 10:58pm On Jan 21, 2008
Uche2nna:

the Ivorian team is much more superior. Two players from Arsenal , two players from Chelsea, My favorite player form Barca and not to mention the kones and the zokoras. It ois only going to be a travesty of justice if Nigeria had won that match.

we had 2 players from portsmouth (including aged kanu grin)
I player from chelsea(mikel who is usually on suspension. . . 4 red cards so far)
another from watford grin
another from woverhampton grin
another from . . . . i no know grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire by sley4life(m): 11:15pm On Jan 21, 2008
Makinwa should be jailed. Our brand name should change from Super eagles to weak eagles. Why cant we say the truth. I just glanced through the vote u guys casted for nigeria to win CIV. We should all know that CIV is far better than us. Nigeria isnt going for bronze in the tourney but bronze in our group behind CIV, and Mali. Is God a nigerian? We dont need prayers when we are weak. We have more churces than CIV yet we lost. Berti should fly back to Germany because we shall l*nch him in airport
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire by timbahama(m): 11:46pm On Jan 21, 2008
sley4life:

Makinwa should be jailed. Our brand name should change from Super eagles to weak eagles. Why can't we say the truth. I just glanced through the vote u guys casted for nigeria to win CIV. We should all know that CIV is far better than us. Nigeria isnt going for bronze in the tourney but bronze in our group behind CIV, and Mali. Is God a nigerian? We don't need prayers when we are weak. We have more churces than CIV yet we lost. Berti should fly back to Germany because we shall l*nch him in airport

i agree wit u totally, vogts is surely collecting bribe from makinwa, we were already loosing the match and he put makinwa whom we all know cannot score a goal from the goal line. why wasnt ik uche and nsofor fielded. see our keeper going the wrong way wat happened to Enyeama whom we know has great one on one ability. Apam was very bad in that position. removing kanu cos of injury and putting okonkwo finally killed the game.

big ups to taiye taiwo, mikel obi and danny shittu
if obafemi and yakubu are our best forwards then we have nobody. Period.
finally Berti Vogts should jus pray we qualify, if not he and his gang of corrupt white men will be handed over to EFCC, that one that has Ribadu at the helms of affairs
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire by didara86(f): 11:54pm On Jan 21, 2008
Daaaaaamn, undecided What a bad match, cry
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire by Uche2nna(m): 11:58pm On Jan 21, 2008
Naija peeps!!!

Now Vogts don begin collect bribe from Makinwa grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 12:06am On Jan 22, 2008
The match was thrilling but not convincing.With these kind of display,we can never reach semi-finals as always.I just hope Coach Vogts gets his team right the next time.For me,Osaze was a better choice compared to playing Utaka.Kanu should have been a sub(Brought in to make impact as always).Well that's just abit of what i think.Our players tried their best but it wasn't good enough compared to the spirit CIV had.We need more motivation in our team, i mean the attacking .NAIJA 4 LIFE  
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire by timbahama(m): 12:08am On Jan 22, 2008
sley4life:

Vogt shuld explain why he put in Makinwa in the 23 list. He shuld explain why he put Makinwa in the match. Makinwa has only scores 2 goals for Nigeria in over 23 apearances. The only sily goal he scored was against lowly rated Rwanda. Vogt should tell us why he put Ejide before Enyeama. Vogt shuld explain why he put Okonkwo to replace kanu. Vogt should explain why he put Apam. Vogt should explain why he didnt play Ike Uche. Vogt is a F****R. His contract will be terminated if he doesnt give an answer to this question. If he doesnt win against Mali, he should not wait for Benin match oooh,  He should just fly to Germany to see his grand children, We should fax our writeups immediately to Ghana,  Please who have a fax machine here so that we can send a copy to Vogt or moreover who has Vogt phone number so we can send him this link or talk to him on phone,  embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

bro u are too much.
dont mind that corrupt,bribe taking white man. there is surely sumtin going on btw Berti-makinwa-Eguavoen
these pple are out to ruin the tournament for us
as for yakubu and martins they should thank their stars the match was not played in lagos, have they forgotten wat happened to eddie dombraye during Nigeria 99, fans f@#&#@g broke his head.
finally i pray they win all their remaining matches so we can lift the cup.
i beleive we can do it wit the right players.
cheers
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 12:37am On Jan 22, 2008
Nigerians are incurably optimistic when it comes to sport (not that i have anything against the team); if only we exhibit this same attitude in every area of our daily lives/endeavours, hmmm!

Anyways, may God bless the team and not allow the idiots called superstars break our hearts.

I wish the team the best.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire by minto(m): 1:33am On Jan 22, 2008
the tin pain man sha. as I don make mouth for work say na super eagles be #1 team for Africa chei, which kind excuse I go give my guys tomorrow now as water don pass gari. angry angry sad
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire by TheSly: 1:39am On Jan 22, 2008
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire by komekn(m): 1:54am On Jan 22, 2008
Its not the defeat its the attitude, there was no real desire, its like we didnt turn up.
Apam out of his league, he was totally lost, where is George Abbe ??
The midfield had no vision, no invention, Seyi has no idea.
Sorry for Yobo he did his Job with competence no real shakes, Mikel average nothing too exciting, Yakubu no comment silence is golden.
Invention, flair, style and purpose left when Kanu left, Where is Oruma ?? im told not even invited to camp,
If the attitude does not change Mali will send us home.
I TIRE 4 MY EAGLES !!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire by chrysler(m): 2:33am On Jan 22, 2008
it is a shameful thing that the tiny eagles have to lose to the almighty elephant,

Nonetheless, it means we have to buckle up our shoes and think of the way forward .

Too bad, isn`t it
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire by chrysler(m): 2:34am On Jan 22, 2008
it is a shameful thing that the tiny eagles have to lose to the almighty elephant,

Nonetheless, it means we have to buckle up our shoes and think of the way forward .

Too bad, isn`t it
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire by hollandis(f): 2:38am On Jan 22, 2008
Thank God ,I was attending a meeting whilst the match was going on

shame shame
RELATED TOPIC- when will vogts be sacked?
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire by darfur(m): 2:57am On Jan 22, 2008
as soon as possible
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 3:05am On Jan 22, 2008
So cote d'ivoire won? Not again. Noooooooooooooooooooo sad sad sad sad
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire by Aussie(m): 6:31am On Jan 22, 2008
Nothing to feel bad about, i said it in the first page of this thread that we would lose by a lone goal to the Ivoreans and we did.
We just have to be realistic with ourselves, (am a patriotic Nigerian), the Ivoreans are better than we are in many ways so did u guys expect us to beat them?

Let's talk about the match btw Mali:

I see us struggling with the Malian team but a goal will come for us at the end of the match. We shall sweat before we beat them by a lone goal because the Malian will prove a hard nut to crack for us.

We shall meet Ghana in the quarter finals and when that time comes, we'll see a great improvement in the Nigerian side. Super eagles will improve as the competition progresses

Let us not be sentimental but be factual

Any good match reader in the house? What's your opinion??
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 6:43am On Jan 22, 2008
Here are my predictions and mark my word. Out team is totally uncomiitted and you can see they had no motivation from the way they played. Fu**cking obafemi martins missing a lot of chances, i hope he breaks his neck when he finally scores one goal doping that stupid sommersault of his. we will not make it past the group qualifiers. I predict mali and ivory coast going through. God i miss those days of Nigerian soccer, when we had flair, skills, tallent, excellent attacking and midfield. I argue till today that a strong midfield and strong attack will beat anyother team. we simply dont have good players anymore. This fools just want to make money playing for their european clubs, and they are not patriotic at all. I hope they all freakin die. We have been loosing too many games and we dont even score anymore. I am tired of this crap! super eagles my aSSS. We have no strong mid-field, we dont distribute meaningful balls. Gosh can u remember days of yekini, oliseh, headmaster mutiu adepoju, amokachi, okocha , God its cause these little punks make money now so they are not committed, they are comfortable! I say NFA scrap the team and build up the flying eagles, these freaking punks called super eagles are assholes! I am really sad, why can't we play like true Nigerians anymore
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire by Aussie(m): 7:11am On Jan 22, 2008
Hey, You sound rather too harsh,

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Ivory Coast Vs Guinea: AFCON 2015 (1 - 1) On 20th January 2015 / Victor Osimhen Wins Best African Player At Ghana Football Awards (Video) / Manchester United Agree Sanchez Loan Deal to Inter Milan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.