Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,225 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam (25309 Views)

End Time: Isis And The "One World Ruler And Anti-christ / My Church Is Aware I’m Member Of Ogboni Confraternity —ogunfuwa, Remo Chief. / Powerful Herbalist And Ogboni Cult Ruler Gives His Life To Christ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by hotfunmi(f): 9:31pm On Jan 20, 2008
I heard the yoruba ogboni cult is run and controlled by only non catholic christians. Is it true? Does it mean that lagos, Ogun and Oyo which are largely moslem states has no grip on the ogboni cult? what is the relationship between  the ogboni cult and anglican/methodist/presbyterian church? Is it true that they don't accept roman catholics? Did any of you hear their usual beheadings for sacrifices? is that true? or can it be a harmless cult?  shocked shocked
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by robert55: 9:44pm On Jan 20, 2008
these are one of the most despecable people on planet earth. they are evil beyond belief. anyone who belongs to it should not be called a christian. they are behind majority of the anarchy and disorder in nigeria. majority of the judges and top guys in the nation belong there too. i hate to doo this to you there ar many ibos, catholics and i bet you will have the hausas too.

they are idiots pure and simple

1 Like

Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by hotfunmi(f): 10:45pm On Jan 20, 2008
I've heard some people claim that Ogboni is just a social status cult and all those things they talk about them killing people for rituals are mere myth. A friend once told me that Obasanjo is a born again ogboni member.
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by pilgrim1(f): 3:41am On Jan 21, 2008
@hotfunmi,

hotfunmi:

Is it true that they don't accept roman catholics?

But why should you be interested in whether or not they recruit Catholics in their cult? shocked

hotfunmi:

A friend once told me that Obasanjo is a born again ogboni member.

Ask your friend if he/she attends the ogbonni meetings - that is a sure way of verifying the claim firsthand.
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by amsky(m): 12:18pm On Jan 21, 2008
robert55 who are you to judge people in this manner.choose your words carefully.
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by hotfunmi(f): 8:29pm On Jan 21, 2008
@pilgrim,
I am interested because i want to know the rationale for ostracizing them from their cult. Is ogboni a protestant christian cult?
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 22, 2008
Many Popes have outrightly condemned cults like freemasons and ogboni. Any catholic who joins any of these cults is AUTOMATICALLY EXCOMMUNICATED (whether people know of his joining or not)

Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholicism_and_Freemasonry
Also see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogboni

When excommunicated, a catholic is entirely on his own (whether living or dead) and has himself to blame for the fate of his soul. This is a scary situation, and so catholics run away from such cults. Thank God.
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by Ifestoja: 12:48pm On Jan 22, 2008
Hi Pilgrim, its amazing the way you despise catholics, what actually have they done to you. I think you should concentrate on your salvation and leave judgement of which church is doing the right thing to God. I've seen all your efforts and strenght trying to prove your points on how catholics are not christians and on what the Pope said about Mary and also on how they worship Mary. Can you please channel these efforts towads preaching against fonication, abortion, corruption and other ills facing our society today and leave catholics alone. I just want to tell you that if you hate something or someone so much, you are attatched to that person with an emotional feelings that is as strong as iron, whereas, that person taking control over your happiness. Plz argue more on more life changing issues and not church
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 22, 2008
I think the basis of decisions to join them is the mistaken 'justification by faith alone'. Meaning that, as long as one has faith in Christ, one can do as much evil as one likes. Faith will finally justify the person.

But Jesus said: " Not everyone who says Lord, Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven"

There is something demonic about this, The devil has really led many astray!!
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by Ganjaseed: 9:33am On Jan 24, 2008
Ifestoja:

Hi Pilgrim, its amazing the way you despise catholics, what actually have they done to you. I think you should concentrate on your salvation and leave judgement of which church is doing the right thing to God. I've seen all your efforts and strenght trying to prove your points on how catholics are not christians and on what the Pope said about Mary and also on how they worship Mary. Can you please channel these efforts towads preaching against fonication, abortion, corruption and other ills facing our society today and leave catholics alone. I just want to tell you that if you hate something or someone so much, you are attatched to that person with an emotional feelings that is as strong as iron, whereas, that person taking control over your happiness. Please argue more on more life changing issues and not church

You misunderstood pilgrim.1 She is very neutral this time, She has not attack anybody yet. Red very well Mrs Pope.
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by pilgrim1(f): 9:53am On Jan 24, 2008
@Ganjaseed,

Ganjaseed:

You misunderstood pilgrim.1 She is very neutral this time, She has not attack anybody yet. Red very well Mrs Pope.

Thank you for that frank comment. I was going to respond to Ifestoja, but my friends (who were with me at the time) prevailed upon me to chill, and let someone else observe what you have just posted! They (my friends) quoted this verse to me:

Proverbs 27:2
Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth;
a stranger, and not thine own lips.

Now, I believe even more that the Bible is full of life - it is LIVING! Just as they said, someone else will sooner post an observation - and you did!

God bless you. smiley
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by pilgrim1(f): 9:56am On Jan 24, 2008
Ifestoja:

Hi Pilgrim, its amazing the way you despise catholics, what actually have they done to you. I think you should concentrate on your salvation and leave judgement of which church is doing the right thing to God. I've seen all your efforts and strenght trying to prove your points on how catholics are not christians and on what the Pope said about Mary and also on how they worship Mary. Can you please channel these efforts towads preaching against fonication, abortion, corruption and other ills facing our society today and leave catholics alone. I just want to tell you that if you hate something or someone so much, you are attatched to that person with an emotional feelings that is as strong as iron, whereas, that person taking control over your happiness. Please argue more on more life changing issues and not church

Thank you, Ifestoja. I would rather not argue anything here with you - the godly advice of my friends is sufficient for me at this time.

God bless you plenty. smiley
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by olabowale(m): 1:15pm On Jan 24, 2008
@Hotfunmi:
I am interested because i want to know the rationale for ostracizing them from their cult. Is ogboni a protestant christian cult?
You title your Thread very wrong. You need to remove Islam from it. From your initial entry, you doubt if it is Islamic compartable. then from what i quoted from you in this response, you confirmed it that you know this is a Christian thing; initially the catholics and now adding, the protestants.

Let me tell you, I knew few Ogonis in my youth, Awolowo, Ajasin, etc. None of them was Muslim. And no one with Muslim name, even if he/she is pretending to be observing the 5 pillars of Islam, upon additing anything in worship, expressed or implied, of Allah the Almighty, is out of the fold of Islam. That a one, is Muslim in name only. You can not be Babalawo or oracle person (if thats what they are called) and say for sure that you are a Muslim. Inlam does not even permits what the african people, wearing as armlet or whatever, verses of Qur'an, or writing it and then washing it off from the tablet and collecting the water to drink.

Since Muhammad did not do it, ad did not permit it for anyone, then there is no basis for it. From your Oro thing, I begin to lean on the believe that you are from Owo. But hey, if am wrong, then forgive me.
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by pilgrim1(f): 2:50pm On Jan 24, 2008
olabowale:

@Hotfunmi: You title your Thread very wrong. You need to remove Islam from it. From your initial entry, you doubt if it is Islamic compartable. then from what i quoted from you in this response, you confirmed it that you know this is a Christian thing; initially the catholics and now adding, the protestants.

If you do still have a conscience, please understand that such cultic practices are NOT "a Christian thing". I know of many people who are Muslims and involved in far sinsiter engagements - and we know after close examination that they are actually practising the "Muslim thing" in those engagements.
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by hotfunmi(f): 10:36pm On Jan 25, 2008
By olabowale
You title your Thread very wrong. You need to remove Islam from it. From your initial entry, you doubt if it is Islamic compartable. then from what i quoted from you in this response, you confirmed it that you know this is a Christian thing; initially the catholics and now adding, the protestants.

Let me tell you, I knew few Ogonis in my youth, Awolowo, Ajasin, etc. None of them was Muslim. And no one with Muslim name, even if he/she is pretending to be observing the 5 pillars of Islam, upon additing anything in worship, expressed or implied, of Allah the Almighty, is out of the fold of Islam. That a one, is Muslim in name only. You can not be Babalawo or oracle person (if thats what they are called) and say for sure that you are a Muslim. Inlam does not even permits what the african people, wearing as armlet or whatever, verses of Qur'an, or writing it and then washing it off from the tablet and collecting the water to drink.

Since Muhammad did not do it, ad did not permit it for anyone, then there is no basis for it. From your Oro thing, I begin to lean on the believe that you are from Owo. But hey, if am wrong, then forgive me.

I never accused muslims for ogboni cult, I rather said they are ostracized from the cult as well as roman catholics.
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by olabowale(m): 1:08am On Jan 26, 2008
@hotfunmi:
Does it mean that lagos, Ogun and Oyo which are largely moslem states has no grip on the ogboni cult?
To be ostracized, one must be wanting to be part of, but being refused the entry to, ! But in the above, I did see you tying Islam/Muslim in with this cult. I wonder how Islam or Muslim should be brought into something that is directly opposing the essence of Islam and or Muslim
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by lioness(f): 5:48pm On Oct 08, 2008
How can u identify an ogboni member. I dont want to get involved with one
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by PastorAIO: 6:07pm On Oct 08, 2008
Yeeeeeee paaaariiiipa.

omi ni koko
omi ni jeje

water is really hard and soft.
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by babs787(m): 8:50pm On Oct 08, 2008
Hi all

You can learn more here rather than argue here and there

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-17450.64.html
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by lioness(f): 2:57pm On Oct 13, 2008
How can u identify an ogboni member. I don't want to get involved with one sad
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by Lady2(f): 7:16pm On Oct 13, 2008
Hi Pilgrim, its amazing the way you despise catholics, what actually have they done to you. I think you should concentrate on your salvation and leave judgement of which church is doing the right thing to God. I've seen all your efforts and strenght trying to prove your points on how catholics are not christians and on what the Pope said about Mary and also on how they worship Mary. Can you please channel these efforts towads preaching against fonication, abortion, corruption and other ills facing our society today and leave catholics alone. I just want to tell you that if you hate something or someone so much, you are attatched to that person with an emotional feelings that is as strong as iron, whereas, that person taking control over your happiness. Plz argue more on more life changing issues and not church[/quote

HI, let's be careful not to jump on all who say "Catholic" and assume that they are anti catholic.
Although I agree with you on some of the things you said about Pilgrim, I do disagree with you on this particular thread.
Pilgrim wasn't attacking Catholics, infact I think she defended Catholics.
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by thetruth90: 1:18pm On Oct 14, 2008
rage all you can oooo!
the ogboni is a cult,
the missionaries brought christianity, you accepted it sheepishly
the arabs brought islam, accepted
it is our own african culture that is being despised,
who says africans are not DUMB
ESPECIALLY NIGERIANS,
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by Cintman: 9:43am On Oct 15, 2008
Is Amoke society evil?
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by BerekE: 10:00am On Oct 18, 2008
@ robert55
Never call the devil a fool or idiot. You can call the devil anything in the book but never a fool!
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:15am On Oct 18, 2008
Pastor AIO:

Yeeeeeee paaaariiiipa.

omi ni koko
omi ni jeje

water is really hard and soft.

babs787:

Hi all

You can learn more here rather than argue here and there

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-17450.32.html

Could these guys be speaking out of experience?  They are in the best position to answer.

I once heard a former Muslim who was a member to 14 secret societies including the Ogboni fraternity who eventually had an encounter with the Lord Jesus Christ.  This man "Balogun" made an open show of the secrets of this cult and he also spoke about the Lodge that the RCC belong to.  He also spoke about how the Lord delivered him from the power of darkness.

Has anyone heard about this Evangelist Balogun lately?  He really exposed the powers of darkness inherent in this cult (Ogboni).
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by PastorAIO: 12:57pm On Oct 18, 2008
yeepa, yeeparipa is a cry that most nigerians have uttered at some point in their lives and probably continue to do so today, especially yoruba people. It also happens to be the signature cry of the Ogboni society.
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by babs787(m): 7:07pm On Oct 18, 2008
@Olaadegbu

Could these guys be speaking out of experience? They are in the best position to answer.

Are you stylishly asking question?

I once heard a former Muslim who was a member to 14 secret societies including the Ogboni fraternity who eventually had an encounter with the Lord Jesus Christ. This man "Balogun" made an open show of the secrets of this cult and he also spoke about the Lodge that the RCC belong to. He also spoke about how the Lord delivered him from the power of darkness.

Has anyone heard about this Evangelist Balogun lately? He really exposed the power of darkness inherent in this cult (Ogboni).

I am not surprised at your post. You should thank God that I didnt post the relationship between Ogboni and Christianity and also the leader of the deadly cult.
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 18, 2008
@babs787

thank god ke?i know u know wat u r on bout. if u 've any experience wit church leader then tell us,we are all ears.
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by JJYOU: 7:34pm On Oct 18, 2008
OLAADEGBU:

Could these guys be speaking out of experience? They are in the best position to answer.

I once heard a former Muslim who was a member to 14 secret societies including the Ogboni fraternity who eventually had an encounter with the Lord Jesus Christ. This man "Balogun" made an open show of the secrets of this cult and he also spoke about the Lodge that the RCC belong to. He also spoke about how the Lord delivered him from the power of darkness.

Has anyone heard about this Evangelist Balogun lately? He really exposed the power of darkness inherent in this cult (Ogboni).
i don't know if he is the same balogun i heard of one last yr in ibadan talking on tape. i suspect it could be him because they were talking about the guys mole background and occult
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:24pm On Oct 18, 2008
babs787:

@Olaadegbu
Are you stylishly asking question?

Absolutely in the affirmative.

babs787:

I am not surprised at your post. You should thank God that I didnt post the relationship between Ogboni and Christianity and also the leader of the deadly cult.

Please, furnish us with the information on "Christians" who dable into the Ogboni and Lodge fraternities and reveal the wolves in sheep's clothings.
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:33pm On Oct 18, 2008
JJYOU:

i don't know if he is the same balogun i heard of one last yr in ibadan talking on tape. i suspect it could be him because they were talking about the guys mole background and occult

Yes, that is the man. He belonged to a popular Muslim family in Lagos. He used to be an Alfa who was a member of 14 secret cults. He disclosed how the Catholics joined one particular Lodge and he displayed their regalia and other historic established Organised religion such as Anglicans, spiritual churches such as Cele are members of the Ogboni society. The man has done a lot of damage to the kingdom of darkness through his testimonies by exposing them.
Re: The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam by JJYOU: 8:54pm On Oct 18, 2008
thanks i thought so too. we were supposed to interview him but couldnt make it because he was in lagos. i still have his number. will try next time i am in nigeria. his story need to be told from whati heard on that tape

(1) (2) (Reply)

12-Year-Old Lesbian At Bishop Daniel Obinim's Church For Deliverance (Video, Pic / Is Cousins Marriage In Christianity Forbidden? / I Am Not Dying Yet - Apostle Suleman Denies Predicting Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.