Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,844 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama (10698 Views)

Infected Africans Should Be Given The Same Choice As Americans To Experiment / I Think That Africans Should Be Vegetarians / China Is Taking Over Africa: Africans Should Be Worried. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by KayDee4: 4:13pm On Oct 11, 2012
thelastPope: The democrats are the racist not the republicans. Most born-again Christians in America are republicans and they are not racist. The church has been on the fore front against racism right from when America was founded and they have never changed.

That's the ironic part. They claim to be evangelicals and infact they are very religious maybe more religious than democrats, but it doesn't reflect in their service to the people, their love for money and sweet business seems to transcend all that. The only areas where they lead the democrats in morals and 'religiousness' is with social issues like abortion, gay and marriage issues.

thelastPope: As far back as the 18th century, ministers and clergy have started accepting blacka as equals. That is why most black baptist preachers are politically vocal. Nothing has changed since then. The DNC just changed tactics because racism is no longer cool in the new world! So they are now using the Robinhood ideology because they know the poor blacks and hispanics can easily be fooled!
So you agree that democrats were racists in the 1800s but have now 'repented', so why are you still living in the past and turning a blind eye to the current racists ?.
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:25pm On Oct 11, 2012
Unfortunately the internet allows just about anyone to say anything whether it is reasonable or just pure gunk.. but hey opinions are what you make of them. how much damage have Africans done to each other (still doing to each other) over the past 50 years..
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by vislabraye(m): 5:05pm On Oct 11, 2012
When would Africa learn to be self sufficient and stop caring about America's political scenario?
Obama or whoever is looking at America's interest first. I wonder whether Germany or France would care less.
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by redsun(m): 5:20pm On Oct 11, 2012
[quote author=Kay-Dee]

That's the ironic part. They claim to be evangelicals and infact they are very religious maybe more religious than democrats, but it doesn't reflect in their service to the people, their love for money and sweet business seems to transcend all that. The only areas where they lead the democrats in morals and 'religiousness' is with social issues like abortion, gay and marriage issues.

Ninety-nine percent of fundamentalist christians(republicans) in america are red necks.They are the symbol of old tradition of white supremacy and a divided world,where all must not be equal.
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by thelastPope(m): 5:59pm On Oct 11, 2012
Kay-Dee:

So you agree that democrats were racists in the 1800s but have now 'repented', so why are you still living in the past and turning a blind eye to the current racists ?.

The difference between us is that am stating the facts of history and you are making assumptions and conjecture. That Romney will "start wars" is a lazy and weak base to argue on.

I do not agree with you in anything. Democrats are the racist. That's a fact. They started the kkk, that's a fact. Evangelicals are not racist. You have no idea of what you are talking about. You equate the TV pastors to the evangelicals. Sad and ignorant assumption. The American evangelicals are the biggest givers in the world. You have no clue about them. They are not and have never been racist. They were the ones that have been sending stuff to us since before you were born and I know very well what they teach and stand for. The democrats have never changed. They have always preached liberalism. They are the epitome of everything that's morally wrong with humanity and America. I will repeat to you loud and clear, the American church fought against racism! The true American Christians protected slaves long before people started talking about an end to clavery. The rise of fake TV pastors have not changed the core American church and as we speak, they are still giving all over the world in ways you can't imagine.

The only reason blacks started shifting to the DNC is because they changed strategy and started preaching their Robinhood doctrine. It was a decision to embrace what was necessary to push their agenda. It had nothing to do with loving anyone. Its called stooping to conquer and its obviosly working because peeps like you believe they love you and want you to have welfare because you are black
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by cap28: 11:30pm On Oct 11, 2012
igbo2011: Barack Obama is half Kenyan but he does NOT serve the interests of Africa. He funded the rebels who started the black genocide in Libya. He kills Somalians with drones even hough the are famine struck. He supported Joseph Kabila an illeginamate Presdient in the Congo. He helped France overhrow Laurent Gbagbo and insall a puppet Outtara. He sent "advisor" to search for Kony last year. He will bring hell to Africa under AFRICOM. Mi Romney is no beter. They will both be the same ol imperialists.

Just because Obama has African blood in him, doesn' mean he serves Africa's interests. This is just a warning.

You are right bro, Obama is a puppet of the white supremacist power structure that runs america. He was recruited whilst still a young undergraduate by a man by the name of Zbigniew Brzinski who was his college professor at columbia university.

Google Brezinski and you will find that this man was the US national security adviser in the 1970s under Jimmy Carter, he also funded, armed and trained the Mujahideen in Afghanistan that later became Al Qaeda. This man currently advises Obama on foreign policy, every thing Obama does has to go through this old man first (the man is now about 80 years old but still as quick and shrewd as he was 40 years ago).

Obama and his wife are members of an organisation known as the Council on foreign relations which is an elitist organisation made up of super rich industrialists, billionaires and power brokers who shape and control US foreign policy, these people have huge financial investments in africa - they are into mining, oil and gas and other multi million dollar businesses - they also shape US govt policy and spend millions of dollars bribing congress men to pass bills favourable to their business interests - leaders of foreign countries who fail to go along with their agendas find themselves facing assassination attempts or outright military intervention as was the case with iraq, libya and ivory coast.

Obama's blackness is only skin deep, he thinks like a white man and promotes the white man's agenda on behalf of his paymasters.

think about it - how did he go from being an unknown state senator to president of the united states in less than 5 years? totally unheard of.

he was selected and groomed that's why - since his appointment he has wrecked havoc in africa, he gave the green light for the invasion of libya, he totally ignored the mass lynching of black africans in that country and he also gave the green light for the invasion of ivory coast, he is responsible for the death and destruction that is being sown all over africa and he has carried on with Bush Jnrs pet project - AFRICOM - AFRICOM co-ordinated the attack on libya and they are preparing to launch attacks in every resource rich country in africa including nigeria in order to retain their iron grip on all of africas resources and ensure the hasty departure of Chinese investment from africa.

But Romney is much worse - he actually said that Obama was too SLOW in deciding whether to attack Libya, he also wants the attacks on Syria to be ESCALATED in other words his foreign policy is even more extreme than Obama's

Another reason to dislike romney is that if he wins he plans on attacking Iran.

Romny is in the pocket of Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel who is determined to destroy Iran in order to ensure that Israel becomes that regions only major power on the world stage. Israel wields huge power over the US govt courtesy of the jewish lobby, any american politican who goes against the jewish lobby is immediately accused of being anti semitic and finds themselves battling the powerful jewish lobby who control the corporate media,most american politicans are terrified of the jewish lobby and therefore never stand up to them. If Romney wins he is going to find himself taking america to a war with Iran which may trigger a third world war and a possible thermonuclear holocaust.
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by str8talk1: 11:32pm On Oct 11, 2012
Seconded!
Rather than being a solution to african problems, he has been a stumbling block.
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by cap28: 12:33am On Oct 12, 2012
forgot to add that romney is a mormon - the founders of this religion were racists who beleived that black people are cursed and are satan's representatives on earth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYQjEXrHAtE
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by cap28: 12:42am On Oct 12, 2012
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by Akanbiedu(m): 1:03am On Oct 12, 2012
Gbawe: @Igbo2011.

I was never comfortable with the messianic support Obama received from Africans because I believed it to be an emotional and gross simplification of the American Presidency. An American president is not so much a person. He is an institution that will always be compelled and 'harmonised', above everything else, to do what is best for the USA.

It is those , in the first place, who wanted to associate the American Presidency with colour and continental goodwill (i.e Obama's link with Africa) who will be disappointed with Obama.

Those who never regarded Obama's race and origin as pertinent will understand he is simply another individual who must continue the effort to keep America dominant. This "dominance" may come at the expense of others to include Africans and it is naive, given all that is known about the USA , for anyone to think the racial and continental origin of the man in the White House changes anything. This is not necessarily a bad thing and we Africans should learn from it. Allegiance and loyalty should , first and foremost, be to the land that has developed you. Obama is not Kenyan or African. He is, beyond the dreamy rhetoric, and for the purposes that matter, 100% American.

Succint.

When are you going to teach me how to write? Abi I no be your boy again?
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by kpolli(m): 1:40am On Oct 12, 2012
igbo2011: Barack Obama is half Kenyan but he does NOT serve the interests of Africa. He funded the rebels who started the black genocide in Libya. He kills Somalians with drones even hough the are famine struck. He supported Joseph Kabila an illeginamate Presdient in the Congo. He helped France overhrow Laurent Gbagbo and insall a puppet Outtara. He sent "advisor" to search for Kony last year. He will bring hell to Africa under AFRICOM. Mi Romney is no beter. They will both be the same ol imperialists.

Just because Obama has African blood in him, doesn' mean he serves Africa's interests. This is just a warning.

Sharrap, Romney don dey entice u with 12million jobs and u too dey chop. . . Issorai
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by KayDee4: 8:55pm On Oct 13, 2012
thelastPope: The difference between us is that am stating the facts of history and you are making assumptions and conjecture. That Romney will "start wars" is a lazy and weak base to argue on.

I do not agree with you in anything. Democrats are the racist. That's a fact. They started the kkk, that's a fact. Evangelicals are not racist. You have no idea of what you are talking about. You equate the TV pastors to the evangelicals. Sad and ignorant assumption. The American evangelicals are the biggest givers in the world. You have no clue about them. They are not and have never been racist. They were the ones that have been sending stuff to us since before you were born and I know very well what they teach and stand for. The democrats have never changed. They have always preached liberalism. They are the epitome of everything that's morally wrong with humanity and America. I will repeat to you loud and clear, the American church fought against racism! The true American Christians protected slaves long before people started talking about an end to clavery. The rise of fake TV pastors have not changed the core American church and as we speak, they are still giving all over the world in ways you can't imagine.

The only reason blacks started shifting to the DNC is because they changed strategy and started preaching their Robinhood doctrine. It was a decision to embrace what was necessary to push their agenda. It had nothing to do with loving anyone. Its called stooping to conquer and its obviosly working because peeps like you believe they love you and want you to have welfare because you are black

Lol !!!
I'm not trying to convince you to agree with me.
The only assumptions I made were about Romney starting a war and like I said everything points towards the likelihood.

His foreign policy advisers were inherited from G. Bush and they are all pro-war - fact.
. . . and if we're to take him at his words, he said he won't hesitate to strike Iran.

Modern day republicans are more racist than democrats, from experience, their attitude towards blacks and minorities and their utterances about blacks in public - fact (forget about history from the 1800s and who was more racist in medieval times, the past is gone).

Repubs are warmongers, America under a republican attacked and invaded Iraq for no just reason - fact

You blame Obama for the ratings downgrade. Ratings were downgraded because of the republicans and their dilly dallying and making a fuss over a half-page bill - fact

The spending and deficit increased mainly from money spent on automatic stabilizers to save the economy and funding the raging wars - fact

Since you claim to have facts,

-where are your facts about the unemployment number conspiracy ?
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by igbo2011(m): 2:25am On Oct 14, 2012
GenBuhari: @Igbo2011,
Who would you prefer Obama or Romney?

Not voting for Obama is in effect a boost for Romney's chances. Is it not?

I would be fairer to say Africans should boycott the the US elections.

Furthermore we shouldn't be overly concerned about US wars with arab states, the arabs are able to do that themselves. We should concentrate on US policy on Africa and its
exploitation of African states including Nigeria.

They both are imperialists. I like Jill Stein.
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 14, 2012
igbo2011:

They both are imperialists. I like Jill Stein.

I like her too... After reading extensively on green issues like politics, philosophy and technology, it is promising for Africa and the world at large...
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by ektbear: 11:12am On Oct 14, 2012
Perhaps Africans shouldn't.

But we (or at least I) do anyway smiley
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by AfroBlue(m): 6:00pm On Oct 14, 2012
I'm very much surprised that NL members have not been following or posted anything on the Delta/Shell case.

Obama on Wrong Side in Shell Oil Human Rights Case

http://blackagendareport.com/content/obama-wrong-side-shell-oil-human-rights-case-0

Nigeria oil spills: Shell rejects liability claim

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19905694

The Nigerian farmers and their legal team argue that Shell could have prevented the spills
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by AfroBlue(m): 6:04pm On Oct 14, 2012
hot off the www

Don’t Vote For Evil

Paul Craig Roberts,

http://www.activistpost.com/2012/10/dont-vote-for-evil.html#more

Anthony Freda/Dan Zollinger Art
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by Yewe2011(m): 8:51pm On Oct 14, 2012
1. Barack Obama is an American of Kenyan heritage...but an American nonetheless. He was elected to first and foremost protect and advance the interests of the nation and it's people so any African who expected him to serve the contintent's interests in the first place was misguided and naive.

2. Qaddaffi was a dictator...he killed and authorized killings. "you live by the sword....."

3. Somalians are not being killed... Al Shabaab (a terrorist group) who operates in Somalia are being targetted in those drone attacks.

4. Where is the proof that he supported Kabila? (BTW, Kabila is a dictator just like many African Presidents)

5. Gbagbo, was a dictator that was in power since 2002 before being overthrown. He refused to conceed defeat to Ouattara and was removed. Although Ouattara is a puppet IMO...he's no more or less a puppet than Gbagbo was.

6. Joseph Kony is a murderer who used child soldiers in his army. I did not like the Kony 2012 propaganda but I don't mind US military advisors sent teams to get that mofo

7. AFRICOM, always existed

8. Lastly, how many Africans truly supported Obama? Did they pay his college tuition? did they contribute to his campaigns financially?
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by Yewe2011(m): 8:53pm On Oct 14, 2012
if you were talking about supporting him (politically)....in terms of voting for him...understand that not supporting the President is indirectly supporting Mitt Romney.
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by Nobody: 12:20am On Oct 15, 2012

So President Obama was elected president of the United States to better Africa? What have GEJ and Mugabe done for the US? Lmao. Sorry o, I'm voting for him for the second time come November 6th.

1 Like

Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by birdman(m): 6:09am On Oct 15, 2012
Afro_Blue: I'm very much surprised that NL members have not been following or posted anything on the Delta/Shell case.

Obama on Wrong Side in Shell Oil Human Rights Case

http://blackagendareport.com/content/obama-wrong-side-shell-oil-human-rights-case-0

You beat me to it. I was just about to post that. A relevant excerpt:

When Shell Oil walked into the U.S. Supreme Court building, this week, claiming that it is not responsible for the torture and murder of Nigerians in its oil fields in the Niger River Delta, the Dutch corporation had a friend in the courtroom: the Obama administration. The U.S. Solicitor General’s office was there to urge the High Court to rule in Shell’s favor in the case, and to shield other foreign corporations from being sued in U.S. Courts for complicity in human rights abuses overseas.

I have to lay the blame at the feet of african americans (recent or not) for dropping the ball here. They are so enamored with Obama, that they have refused to put any sort of moral pressure to prevent this from happening. If Obama wins, he has only another 4 year term. What then? These laws will last another century, and the the next president will laugh at attempts to overturn it. If you didnt complain while Obama was president, why wait until I'm in power? Such short-sightedness.
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by cap28: 6:17am On Oct 15, 2012
Yewe2011:
1. Barack Obama is an American of Kenyan heritage...but an American nonetheless. He was elected to first and foremost protect and advance the interests of the nation and it's people so any African who expected him to serve the contintent's interests in the first place was misguided and naive.

2. Qaddaffi was a dictator...he killed and authorized killings. "you live by the sword....."

3. Somalians are not being killed... Al Shabaab (a terrorist group) who operates in Somalia are being targetted in those drone attacks.

4. Where is the proof that he supported Kabila? (BTW, Kabila is a dictator just like many African Presidents)

5. Gbagbo, was a dictator that was in power since 2002 before being overthrown. He refused to conceed defeat to Ouattara and was removed. Although Ouattara is a puppet IMO...he's no more or less a puppet than Gbagbo was.

6. Joseph Kony is a murderer who used child soldiers in his army. I did not like the Kony 2012 propaganda but I don't mind US military advisors sent teams to get that mofo

7. AFRICOM, always existed

8. Lastly, how many Africans truly supported Obama? Did they pay his college tuition? did they contribute to his campaigns financially?

1 even if those interests involve killing thousands of africans as was the case in libya and ivory coast?

2 a dictator that was able to give his people the highest standard of living on the entire african continent.

4 plenty of proof that Kabila is a US puppet - research is ascent to power, his step father was killed by the CIA because he refused to allow US and belgian mining companies free rein over DRC's vast mineral wealth. Kabila is only where he is today because he acquiesed to the US and Belgium's demands - if he steps out of line he will go the way of his step father.

5 Gbagbo was only removed because he wanted to end France's exploitation of Ivory Coast's natural resources - there are still very many african dictators who have been in power for years all over africa and they have not been forced out of office because they are western puppets eg paul biya, museveni, the late omar bongo who was in power for 42 years until his death 3 years ago.

6 joseph kony's atrocities pale into insignificance when compared to the likes of charles taylor and yoweri museveni both CIA agents who were helped into office by the us govt. Taylor was removed from office because he knew too much, Taylor miraculously escaped from a US maximum security prison and later turned up in liberia and began fighting a guerilla war against samuel doe, how did he manage that? where did he get military training? who paid for it?

7 AFRICOM was formed in 2000 by the george bush jnr administration with the objective of recolonising the entire african continent and forcing chinese investors out.

9 many africans naively support Obama because they dont understand what he represents and how he came to be where he is today, he is a puppet of the white power structure to be precise wall street, the highest donors towards his presidential campaign were the investment bank Goldman Sachs, Goldman Sachs is so powerful that it contols the US govt - most of Obama's cabinet are made up of Wall street bankers.

1 Like

Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 15, 2012
cap28:

1 even if those interests involve killing thousands of africans as was the case in libya and ivory coast?

2 a dictator that was able to give his people the highest standard of living on the entire african continent.

4 plenty of proof that Kabila is a US puppet - research is ascent to power, his step father was killed by the CIA because he refused to allow US and belgian mining companies free rein over DRC's vast mineral wealth. Kabila is only where he is today because he acquiesed to the US and Belgium's demands - if he steps out of line he will go the way of his step father.

5 Gbagbo was only removed because he wanted to end France's exploitation of Ivory Coast's natural resources - there are still very many african dictators who have been in power for years all over africa and they have not been forced out of office because they are western puppets eg paul biya, museveni, the late omar bongo who was in power for 42 years until his death 3 years ago.

6 joseph kony's atrocities pale into insignificance when compared to the likes of charles taylor and yoweri museveni both CIA agents who were helped into office by the us govt. Taylor was removed from office because he knew too much, Taylor miraculously escaped from a US maximum security prison and later turned up in liberia and began fighting a guerilla war against samuel doe, how did he manage that? where did he get military training? who paid for it?

7 AFRICOM was formed in 2000 by the george bush jnr administration with the objective of recolonising the entire african continent and forcing chinese investors out.

9 many africans naively support Obama because they dont understand what he represents and how he came to be where he is today, he is a puppet of the white power structure to be precise wall street, the highest donors towards his presidential campaign were the investment bank Goldman Sachs, Goldman Sachs is so powerful that it contols the US govt - most of Obama's cabinet are made up of Wall street bankers.

Africans are catching up with the mischievious ways of the west headed by America... There is an unconscious awakening going on and when it becomes fully conscious, the Arab spring will look like child's play . From what I hear on the ground, Africans have lost faith in Obama... The Gay stuff he propagates sealed the cynicsm and it will likely continue. Africans may be uninformed but they are not fools. They just need passionate people with their best interest at heart to show them the light. This is why we need concrete African oriented blogs to decipher general and fundamental western deceit toward the evergreen mama Africa.. If you ever launch your blog, drop a link and i will assist in ventilating it..

Anyone who have eyes, can see through Obama's hypocrisy. Unfortunately, "African Americans" are carried away by sentiments. It seems they can't think for themselves or do some research. Well, it's not surprise as MTV 247 is there to lessen their front lobe. There is this trick -a good one though - i play on these so called "African Americans" whenever I come across them outside Africa. I ask them casually: where would you like to visit or go for a vacation ? 98% of them choose Europe, America's and Asia and rarely mention Africa.... Very few and unsurprisingly the informed ones tend to mention Africa. Now, I have no qualms where one would love to go for his or her vacation or what to watch, after all its a free world,but this shows their general gross ignorance. This is where i still respect the whites despite our history. Brad pitt and Angelina jolie went and I suppose gave birth to their child on a vacation in Namibia and the British prince proposed to his bride on their vacation in Kenya amongst others. It signify why every group they came before have surpased in many potential endeavours including recent African migrants.

Mr Cap28, after deliberating on the recent increase of the price of our beloved Gharri, LOL, due to the recent floods and all that is happening around, I suppose the Green movement and Mama Nature may be fundamentally right afterall. I have always been a lover of nature and protecting her. Nigeria and Africa as a whole is still a very natural place to preserve against exploitation.

According to natural approach of the green movement, this will fundamentally change economy, politics, value system and even preserve our local cultures and resources. Is this why the establishment is so against it?

What do you think of this movement ? Have you read much about it ?
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 15, 2012
@Igbo2011

I must commend you for your efforts in pushing Mama Africa forward. It is very rare to come across an African born and bred in America with a burning passion for the betterment of Africa. Others like to say how the continent stinks and all that stuff but you and very few others on here and out there are truly an exception. Keep up the good work man, it will take you places.
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by AfroBlue(m): 11:50am On Oct 15, 2012
[b]
birdman:

You beat me to it. I was just about to post that. A relevant excerpt:

I have to lay the blame at the feet of african americans (recent or not) for dropping the ball here. They are so enamored with Obama, that they have refused to put any sort of moral pressure to prevent this from happening. If Obama wins, he has only another 4 year term. What then? These laws will last another century, and the the next president will laugh at attempts to overturn it. If you didnt complain while Obama was president, why wait until I'm in power? Such short-sightedness.

not all African Americans are asleep and not involved in the struggle.

http://www.blackisbackcoalition.org/break.shtml

Nov 3, 2012 10AM - March and rally @ Malcolm X Park 16th St & Euclid St NW Washington, DC
Nov 4, 2012 12 Noon- Conference @ Soul 57 1326 Florida Avenue NE Washington, DC

On November 3 and 4th the Black is Back Coalition for Social Justice, Peace and Reparations is sponsoring a rally, march and conference in Washington, D.C. to break the silence surrounding the escalation of the historical oppression of our people in the U.S. and throughout the world.

At the time when the U.S. is declaring an end to its wars against the peoples in Iraq and Afghanistan, our people are enduring oppressive conditions that can only be likened to a state of warfare in every community where we are located within the U.S.

We are being violently attacked by state-imposed poverty and joblessness intensified by the mass incarceration of our young people that takes away potential breadwinners through imprisonment and the subsequent denial of work because of past convictions.

We suffer an economic embargo as intensive as those imposed on declared enemies of the U.S. government that leads to economic sanctions that deny bank loans and trade opportunities – such as we have seen imposed on Zimbabwe, Cuba, Iran and Syria.

Our children are forced to endure brutally mind-numbing indoctrination that is euphemistically referred to as education. They are stuffed into institutions that crush their spirits and punish their curiosity with the support of police agencies that normally push the students into the cavernous jaws of a U.S. prison system that is the largest in the world, half of whose inhabitants are black.

This is the same prison system that has swallowed up some of our best men and women who have voluntarily put their lives on the line to struggle for the freedom of our people during some of our darkest days of oppression. These are political prisoners, the existence of which is denied by a U.S. government that postures on the world stage as a messenger of freedom and democracy, sometimes as justification for attacking and occupying other countries and peoples.

We must break the silence surrounding the fallacious idea of a “post-racial” America that is used to muffle the cries of the dispossessed from Hurricane Katrina, of the mothers and loved-ones of black men shot down every 36 hours by the police, of thousands of our young people brutalized in children’s prisons, of the millions unjustly stopped and frisked and the thousands sentenced to life without parole while criminal bankers walk free.

We must protest the dispossession from the foreclosures caused by the subprime mortgage fraud created by prestigious financial institutions and supported by the U.S. government with the explicit intent of looting the meager resources of already impoverished black and Latino communities.

Our voices must be heard!

We must break the silence! We must rally and march and plan a future that will revoke the current trend of religious and national persecution of Muslims and Arabs who are thrown into prisons in the U.S. and elsewhere to prevent their voices being heard in protest of U.S. foreign policy objectives resulting in rapacious wars and occupation.

We must challenge the retroactive sanctity of U.S. borders that are used to prevent entry by many of the people who remain impoverished and oppressed from the moment they were robbed of their land by European interlopers who have now designated others as aliens, illegals and undesirables.

We protest the continuing deadly oppression of the indigenous people upon whose land European invaders established a parasitic economy based on slave labor and an inherently unjust State to defend its insatiable appetite for conquest. We will demonstrate our disgust and opposition to the existence of the life-sucking concentration camps that are hidden by the convenient euphemism of Indian reservations.

Our voices must be heard in protest of the brutal continuation of centuries of exploitation of Africa, something that was begun with our capture, dispersal and enslavement in the U.S. and throughout the world.

We must declare loudly that Africa is for Africans! Those at home and those abroad! We oppose the continuation of the historical looting of Africa that leaves our people on that continent, perhaps the richest in the world in natural and human resources, barely existing from hand to mouth while fattening the bellies and bank accounts of predators that benefit from the misery of our people.

We must vociferously oppose the U.S. created Africa Command or AFRICOM that has been tasked with the responsibility of keeping Africa and Africans impoverished and keeping the resources of Africa for the U.S. at the expense of Africans and other imperialist competitors.

Let us break the silence surrounding the plight of our brothers and sisters in Haiti who continue to be punished for having the audacity to win the first slave and worker’s revolution in history and opening its doors to the enslaved of the world during the heyday of slavery in the early 19th Century.

We will not be silent as the U.S. government continues to support the white nationalist settler state of Israel that stands on the throats of the Palestinian people.

We refuse to be a party to the U.S.-led war on Libya and the lynching of its President Muamar Ghaddafi, an advocate of the unification of Africa and an opponent of the U.S. military outpost state of Israel.

No attempts by the white ruling class media can confuse us about the U.S. threats against Iran, that secured its freedom from a U.S.-imposed, U.S.-armed and U.S.-supported tyrant in 1979. We are clear that the U.S., with the largest nuclear arsenal in the world and the only country to have ever used atomic weapons in human history, has no moral grounds to stand on as it threatens war against Iran for an unsupported claim that Iran is developing nuclear weapon capacity.

And, while most of the traditional peace and anti-war movement has been shamefully silent in the face of the imperialist aggression now being suffered by Syria, with the U.S. playing a primary role, we will not be silent. Black is back.

After the brutal murders of our leaders in the 1960s successfully decapitated our movement, after the assassinations of Dedan Kimathi, Patrice Lumumba, Thomas Sankara, Malcolm X, Dr. Martin Luther King, Lawrence Mann, more than 30 members of the Black Panther Party and untold numbers of other black leaders in the U.S. and abroad, black is back!

We are here and we are becoming better organized each day. We are providing our movement with its greatest potential for unity since the magnificent worldwide revolution of the 1960s.

On November 3rd we rally in Malcolm X Park in Washington, D.C., from every community in the U.S. Here we will make our united voices heard; here we will declare our united will to join with the peoples of the world to change the course of history that has enslaved and impoverished the majority for the benefit of the parasitic few.

We will bring the issues that plague our communities and the Earth to public view. We will loudly proclaim our right to live healthy, informed lives without violence, poverty, early death, prison and fear.

We will disavow the charlatans, poseurs and sycophants who have been chosen by our oppressors as our leaders.

On November 4th we will hold a conference to organize and plan. We will collectively decide what to do to tell our own story and to place our own aspirations, values and plans on the agenda for human progress and the conquest of social justice, peace and reparations.

[/b]

http://www.blackisbackcoalition.org/index.shtml
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by kikuyu1(m): 1:27pm On Oct 15, 2012
I laugh when I see Kenyan religiously following Romney/Obama debates. They seriously imagine it will add value in their lives. After Libya,Syria and Palestine it should be obvious Obama isn't a facelift but a face transplant for the Corporate Elites who've ruled the US for over a hundred years with only a short gap during the short lived Kennedy era.
After all this time it still hasn't occurred to the majority that all the pontificating talking heads,manipulated opinion polls,Red state/blue state bs,artificially created hot button issues eg, reproductive 'rights,'gun rights,Iran etc. etc.,live political debates and caucasuses are just filler to legitimise a well-scripted theater in which the winner has already been chosen by the nations real owners.
http://karanjazplace..com/2012/08/why-obama-is-returning-and-why-it.html

Frankly,having faith in Obama at this stage is like believing Liverpool will win the Premiership.
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by igbo2011(m): 8:14am On Oct 16, 2012
Olodostein: @Igbo2011

I must commend you for your efforts in pushing Mama Africa forward. It is very rare to come across an African born and bred in America with a burning passion for the betterment of Africa. Others like to say how the continent stinks and all that stuff but you and very few others on here and out there are truly an exception. Keep up the good work man, it will take you places.

Dallo nwanne m nwoke. These are many opportunities and wonderful things about Africa. That is why I am promoting my site www.africanedp.com feel free to share it to friends.

I know many African Americans, (Also Africans) are very Eurocentric in thinking. We love other people's cultures without fully understanding and loving our culture. There are many pages on facebook that promote positive African stories. Hopefully more people can see the beauty of Africa and do tourism there to benefit the economy. This is why I have tourism on my site as well.

Also if you have any articles about green economy and green revolution let me know because it is very important for the future.
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by igbo2011(m): 8:18am On Oct 16, 2012
Afro_Blue: [b]

I agree but sadly a lot of African Americans are. Too busy fighting the black struggle in America to think about the black struggle globally.

@Olodostein

You were talking about Africans being awake and finding a consciousness. Can you give me more info on this? I want to be aware.

@cap28
You are very right on your points. We can't do anything until we get our own military and make our own weapons to protect ourselves.
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by birdman(m): 5:18pm On Oct 16, 2012
Afro_Blue: [b]

http://www.blackisbackcoalition.org/index.shtml

I agree... it is too easy to generalize. There have been other notable dissenters, eg. Tavis and Cornel, but even they have bitten the dust professionally.
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by kikuyu1(m): 5:16pm On Oct 18, 2012
igbo2011:

I agree but sadly a lot of African Americans are. Too busy fighting the black struggle in America to think about the black struggle globally.

@Olodostein

You were talking about Africans being awake and finding a consciousness. Can you give me more info on this? I want to be aware.

@cap28
You are very right on your points. We can't do anything until we get our own military and make our own weapons to protect ourselves.
That's the truth! Forget Obama.Expecting anything from him is too ignore such obvious realities about the world as to make for a childish discussion.
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 18, 2012
United States Presidents do not make any Decisions on any Matters of Importance.

The man is just an "Image"

Nothing More than an Illustration.

A Depiction of what "they" want you to see.

A Figure of Fiction.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Murtala Mohammed's 77th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Breaking News: Buhari Extend Invitation To Ifeanyi Ubah / BREAKING: Shame, as FG/Buhari Fails to Pay August Salary on 25th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.