Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,631 members, 7,813,088 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

China Is Taking Over Africa: Africans Should Be Worried. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / China Is Taking Over Africa: Africans Should Be Worried. (2536 Views)

Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried / President Jonathan Disrespected My Office By Taking Over Stadium - Amaechi / Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

China Is Taking Over Africa: Africans Should Be Worried. by madamkoko: 3:38pm On Aug 05, 2008
angry angry angry angry angry

When will Africans get sense ?

Europeans had their share

Now china man has invaded,
Re: China Is Taking Over Africa: Africans Should Be Worried. by Moyola(f): 3:42pm On Aug 05, 2008
In what way r they takin over Africa? undecided
Re: China Is Taking Over Africa: Africans Should Be Worried. by Gamine(f): 3:44pm On Aug 05, 2008
How can you blindly claim this,

Where is your support? undecided

Everyone knoes the Chinese are everywhere, For G'Sakes there are 10 Billion of them!!!!!!
Re: China Is Taking Over Africa: Africans Should Be Worried. by BigB11(m): 3:45pm On Aug 05, 2008
Feel free to discover how:

From another topic: Are the Chinese here to invest or to invade?
Part1
http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/126/special-report-china-in-africa.html

Part2
http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/126/mozambique-a-chain-saw-for-every-tree.html

Part3
http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/126/zambia-chinas-mine-shaft.html

Part4
http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/126/congo-a-moment-of-truth.html

Part5
http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/126/equatorial-guinea-a-strongman-turns-east.html

Part6
http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/126/endgame-hypocrisy-blindness-and-the-doomsday-scenario.html

China seems to focus more on the future, while we (Africans) are viewing things only for today.
These people (the Chinese) will continue to dig deeper and deeper for the gold as long as they are allowed to do so; It is very important for all African leaders in general to be very careful not to keep a poisonous snake as pet.
Re: China Is Taking Over Africa: Africans Should Be Worried. by BigB11(m): 3:50pm On Aug 05, 2008
The sad part about the whole thing is the fact that an average Chinese citizen doesn't live better than an average Nigerian.
The only difference is: Chinese are more focused and dedicated, while Nigerians are unfocused and worship materialistic life style.

My folks need to wake up quick before it's too late.
Re: China Is Taking Over Africa: Africans Should Be Worried. by Seun(m): 3:52pm On Aug 05, 2008
What part of Africa did they take over and when?
Re: China Is Taking Over Africa: Africans Should Be Worried. by BigB11(m): 3:58pm On Aug 05, 2008
We are running around inviting and signing major contracts with China and others; I just hope that our leaders are smart enough not to sign away our revenues, power and future, all for the sake of developing our nation.
While Nigerian university graduates are walking around the country jobless or being slave drivers in other countries, it has also been confirmed that the Chinese and others plan to mostly use their own resources (human labor) to accomplish their contractual obligations in Nigeria. I hope this is incorrect, we must stay away from making mistakes that will eventually hunt us down for many years to come.

FYI: China and India have abundance of people or populations of extreme poverty (not that much different from our own population). These folks are desperate and willing to take extreme measures to survive with the backing of their countries.
If we are not careful, at some point, these same folks will not hesitate to makeup an excuse to grab what is rightfully not theirs. And we would only have ourselves to blame when this happens.

Please, keep in mind that I'm not trying to send a message of hate or to denounce the projects that are being implemented by the foreigners in Nigeria; all I'm saying is for our leaders to be prudent and ensure that we are not feeding a poisonous snake as a pet.

Furthermore, I also think that it's very important for African leaders (especially the ones that are blessed with natural resources) to quickly realize that as things continue to get difficult all across the world, many blood suckers are targeting Africa.
African continent is weak and being viewed as a large pie that is widely open to be grabbed. They are dreaming, plotting and scheming on how to cut it up. This is also one of the main reasons why political and social crises in Africa are intentionally being ignored. All it takes is another African zomby to sell us at a very cheap price!
We must wake up, become our brother's keeper and quickly discover the enormous priceless value of African continent.

Yes, it (African continent) isn't glamorous, but it is absolutely true that "You do not know what you have till is gone"

May God bless Africa with real leaders with wisdom!

Big b1
Re: China Is Taking Over Africa: Africans Should Be Worried. by madamkoko: 3:59pm On Aug 05, 2008

Thanks Big B1 !!!
cheesy
Re: China Is Taking Over Africa: Africans Should Be Worried. by idupaul: 4:42pm On Aug 05, 2008
Everyone knoes the Chinese are everywhere, For G'Sakes there are 10 Billion of them!!!!!!

abeg reduce the figure small ,may be with like 8.2 billion dollars.

@ poster

maybe the africans should invade chinese mainland 2 grin
Re: China Is Taking Over Africa: Africans Should Be Worried. by madamkoko: 4:48pm On Aug 05, 2008
hahaha. I think they should.
Re: China Is Taking Over Africa: Africans Should Be Worried. by 4Play(m): 8:05pm On Aug 05, 2008
The only positive aspect of this hysterical Sinophobia is that it spares us of hysterical anti-Americanism.
Re: China Is Taking Over Africa: Africans Should Be Worried. by gabelogan(m): 8:52am On Aug 06, 2008
Gamine:

How can you blindly claim this,

Where is your support? undecided

my sister you are wrong. if the world population is estimated at 6 billion, then how can china alone be 10 billion?

their population is about 1.3 billion and asia makes up about a-third of the world population.

and finally, the world bank predicts that china's economy will surpass that of the US. by 2020, china will have the largest economy in the world (according to yar'adua, nigeria will be amongst the top 20 economies, that is very hard to believe. China has been building their economy since 1972 and it will take them that lenght of time to get there despite their abundant human resource and good leadership).
Re: China Is Taking Over Africa: Africans Should Be Worried. by htown9ja: 6:24pm On May 30, 2012
AFRICANS MUST WAKE UP!

(1) (Reply)

31 Year Old Edo Lady Stuffs Hair With Heroin - Just For 4,000 Euros. / Central Bank Gov. Lamido Sanusi Resumes To Work In Chieftaincy Garb / What Is Protocol List ? Why Is It So Important In Nigeria ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.