Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,952 members, 7,835,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Is There No Hope Of Getting A Job For Graduates Wth Third Class? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is There No Hope Of Getting A Job For Graduates Wth Third Class? (1455 Views)

Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. / YES! There Is Hope For 2.2 And Third Class Grads: Job Hunting Tips / They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There No Hope Of Getting A Job For Graduates Wth Third Class? by abbinyx: 7:36am On Oct 10, 2012
Every job adverts reads min of 2-2n some even say min of 2-1, does it mean dat dose with (hird class should giv up hope even when one is sure he can handle the position and do the job well?
Re: Is There No Hope Of Getting A Job For Graduates Wth Third Class? by hottprince: 8:00am On Oct 10, 2012
abbinyx: Every job adverts reads min of 2-2n some even say min of 2-1, does it mean dat dose with (hird class should giv up hope even when one is sure he can handle the position and do the job well?
now lets b sincere if u are an employer,wud u go fr a third class wen u cn get 2.1 n 1st class holders?
Re: Is There No Hope Of Getting A Job For Graduates Wth Third Class? by Rooneyboy(m): 8:14am On Oct 10, 2012
My brother pls run as fast as those ur legs can carry and start up a bizz.

Working for someone in naija is not worth the trouble.
Re: Is There No Hope Of Getting A Job For Graduates Wth Third Class? by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 10, 2012
hottprince:
now lets b sincere if u are an employer,wud u go fr a third class wen u cn get 2.1 n 1st class holders?
If I'm an employer, I'll employ those that are really qualified for the job even if they graduate with pass. Seriously, if given the chance, some of these 3rd class student might even out-perform 1st class graduate practically.

1 Like

Re: Is There No Hope Of Getting A Job For Graduates Wth Third Class? by hottprince: 11:13am On Oct 10, 2012
Highbros:
If I'm an employer, I'll employ those that are really qualified for the job even if they graduate with pass. Seriously, if given the chance, some of these 3rd class student might even out-perform 1st class graduate practically.
lets nt talk fantasy bro hw do u xpect a persn wit 3rd class or iq to perfrm mor dn a 2.1 or 1st cls holdr.if he/she is an intellignt persn den he/she wudnt v sch g.p.
u sed if u wer an employr,well u r nt 1 yet bt by d time u bcm 1,u'll understnd

1 Like

Re: Is There No Hope Of Getting A Job For Graduates Wth Third Class? by Abbilink(f): 11:50am On Oct 10, 2012
hottprince:
lets nt talk fantasy bro hw do u xpect a persn wit 3rd class or iq to perfrm mor dn a 2.1 or 1st cls holdr.if he/she is an intellignt persn den he/she wudnt v sch g.p.
u dont have to see i dat way because sincerely some buy their way out in some school its not matter of intelligence but knowing d way in some school
Re: Is There No Hope Of Getting A Job For Graduates Wth Third Class? by Leoejiofor(m): 12:14pm On Oct 10, 2012
abbinyx: Every job adverts reads min of 2-2n some even say min of 2-1, does it mean dat dose with (hird class should giv up hope even when one is sure he can handle the position and do the job well?
you can but, your opporunity is very limited, unless is a federal job, Which you know is not easy.
Re: Is There No Hope Of Getting A Job For Graduates Wth Third Class? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 10, 2012
hottprince:
Guy, you only need 20% of what you learned in school to perform practically. I'm talking from experience. Some people are bad theoretically, but when it comes to practicals, don't joke with them. Nigerian schools teaches 80% theories(if not 95%). Using school grades in Nigeria to rate a person is flawed as you and I know some people buy their way through school while a small % are victimised by some sadist lecturers just because they could not afford the illegal excess.

3 Likes

Re: Is There No Hope Of Getting A Job For Graduates Wth Third Class? by hottprince: 3:50pm On Oct 10, 2012
Abbilink:
u dont have to see i dat way because sincerely some buy their way out in some school its not matter of intelligence but knowing d way in some school
i knw som buy their way out bt d truth is even if dey do dey wil stil b cnsidrd b4 a 3rd class holder.or wt do u tink?
Re: Is There No Hope Of Getting A Job For Graduates Wth Third Class? by hottprince: 3:54pm On Oct 10, 2012
i dsagree wit u dt u only need 20% of wt u learnd in schl in fct u need 101% of it n mind u dere r schls dt teach practicls alongsid theories like FUTA dt i'm sure of.
And hw wil u knw practical witout theory.u cn only say dt a 1st class dos nt guarantee good practical knowledge u cnt say dt u only need 20% of wt u lrn in schl

1 Like

Re: Is There No Hope Of Getting A Job For Graduates Wth Third Class? by oweilah: 5:25pm On Oct 10, 2012
Guys all of u ar correct...bt my own advice is dis..guy go n take short professional job i mean gud once dat required skills, attached it to ur result wit dat u ar beta dan most 1st n 2.1 student dat ar comin wit just dia result 4 interview..try it.
Re: Is There No Hope Of Getting A Job For Graduates Wth Third Class? by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 11, 2012
ya professional courses can boost ur 3rd class result. U shud also consider getting a masters degree. Put in ur all and make a good result in it. That way u neutralise ur 1st degree result, kinda
Re: Is There No Hope Of Getting A Job For Graduates Wth Third Class? by firfinch(m): 10:14am On Oct 11, 2012
considering getting master's degree for a third class holder, is it that easy? well o dnt think a third class holder can apply directly without PG.D. thats a long way, but its better anyway
Re: Is There No Hope Of Getting A Job For Graduates Wth Third Class? by stanuplane(m): 10:33am On Oct 11, 2012
I JUST HAD A HEATED ARGUMENT WITH SOMEONE ON THIS MATTER. SET A SIMPLE APTITUDE TEST FOR A GROUP OF PEOPLE AND YOU'LL SEE THAT THE MAJORITY OF THE SO CALLED THIRD CLASS HOLDERS WILL DO BETTER THAT THE FIRST AND SECOND CLASS ONES. ANY REASONABLE EMPLOYER SHOULD CALL EVERYONE FOR A TEST, SELECT THE BEST AND EMPLOY THEM. ITS AS SIMPLE AS THAT. AM TALKING FROM EXPERIENCE.
Re: Is There No Hope Of Getting A Job For Graduates Wth Third Class? by NoQualms1(f): 12:38pm On Oct 11, 2012
stanuplane: I JUST HAD A HEATED ARGUMENT WITH SOMEONE ON THIS MATTER. SET A SIMPLE APTITUDE TEST FOR A GROUP OF PEOPLE AND YOU'LL SEE THAT THE MAJORITY OF THE SO CALLED THIRD CLASS HOLDERS WILL DO BETTER THAT THE FIRST AND SECOND CLASS ONES. ANY REASONABLE EMPLOYER SHOULD CALL EVERYONE FOR A TEST, SELECT THE BEST AND EMPLOY THEM. ITS AS SIMPLE AS THAT. AM TALKING FROM EXPERIENCE.

I don't believe this.
Re: Is There No Hope Of Getting A Job For Graduates Wth Third Class? by eledalo: 12:50pm On Oct 11, 2012
How many times will you 3rd classers ask this question? You are sure you can handle the position well but to read simple book, you cant handle?
THERE IS NO HOPE FOR 3rd CLASS GRADUATES UNTIL THEY LEARN TO START WORKING HARD. GET THAT INTO YOUR THICK SKULL.

1 Like

Re: Is There No Hope Of Getting A Job For Graduates Wth Third Class? by firfinch(m): 1:26pm On Oct 11, 2012
No Qualms:

I don't believe this.
That is just the bitter truth. Recruitment and selection of employees should not be based on paper qualification
Re: Is There No Hope Of Getting A Job For Graduates Wth Third Class? by kreamstaff: 5:58am On Oct 12, 2012
stanuplane: I JUST HAD A HEATED ARGUMENT WITH SOMEONE ON THIS MATTER. SET A SIMPLE APTITUDE TEST FOR A GROUP OF PEOPLE AND YOU'LL SEE THAT THE MAJORITY OF THE SO CALLED THIRD CLASS HOLDERS WILL DO BETTER THAT THE FIRST AND SECOND CLASS ONES. ANY REASONABLE EMPLOYER SHOULD CALL EVERYONE FOR A TEST, SELECT THE BEST AND EMPLOY THEM. ITS AS SIMPLE AS THAT. AM TALKING FROM EXPERIENCE.

This is a fact that I have come to realize. I have been shocked severally by the outcome of quite a number of 3rd class graduates in comparison with the 2.1 and even at times 1st class counterparts in aptitude, skills or practical tests, On two occasions the results were rejected by my clients only to get another HR consultant test them and discover the same thing. We even carried out background checks to be sure that some of these 2.1 and 1st class students didn't give us fake results but were surprised to see they were authentic. This is one of the reasons why 2.1 graduates are not in high demand as before and many of them are jobless. Today organisations are ok with a 2.2 or 33d class who's worth his/her salt.
Unfortunately only few organisations are willing to give 3rd class and pass graduates a trial.

With a 3rd class gaining valuable experience and working your way up is the key, let your cv be skills or experience based rather than academic grade based, this is what most employers seek now.

1 Like

Re: Is There No Hope Of Getting A Job For Graduates Wth Third Class? by Nobody: 7:22am On Oct 12, 2012
kreamstaff:

This is a fact that I have come to realize. I have been shocked severally by the outcome of quite a number of 3rd class graduates in comparison with the 2.1 and even at times 1st class counterparts in aptitude, skills or practical tests, On two occasions the results were rejected by my clients only to get another HR consultant test them and discover the same thing. We even carried out background checks to be sure that some of these 2.1 and 1st class students didn't give us fake results but were surprised to see they were authentic. This is one of the reasons why 2.1 graduates are not in high demand as before and many of them are jobless. Today organisations are ok with a 2.2 or 33d class who's worth his/her salt.
Unfortunately only few organisations are willing to give 3rd class and pass graduates a trial.

With a 3rd class gaining valuable experience and working your way up is the key, let your cv be skills or experience based rather than academic grade based, this is what most employers seek now.

+1000

Guy, don't be discouraged by your grade because there's nothing you can do to change it. I hope you applied for the Dangote Graduate Drivers Scheme?
Re: Is There No Hope Of Getting A Job For Graduates Wth Third Class? by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 12, 2012
kreamstaff:

You get such outcome from tests because those with good grades are over confident and those with very poor grades lieke third class and pass have something to prove. They desperate as they have their backs to a wall. I believe you all know what it means for a rat to have its back to the wall; if you don't , it means the rat will attack you (something it wouldn't have done normally).

(1) (Reply)

Integrated Corporate Services Ltd Calling For Interview On Monday 22 Oct. / Massive Graduate Recruitment As Tellers At Standard Chartered PLC Bank (Akure) / Is APR Resources Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.