Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Help! eBay.com And Alibaba.com Which One Is Reliable. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help! eBay.com And Alibaba.com Which One Is Reliable. (8129 Views)

Alibaba.com Will Make You Poor / Has Any Nigerian Ever Imported Through Links From Alibaba.com? How Safe Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! eBay.com And Alibaba.com Which One Is Reliable. by Omega44(m): 8:39am On Oct 10, 2012
Pls am intrested in buying stuff from either of these internet market, would Nairalander pls help on how to go about it i.e the steps, mode of payment, time of delivery etc. thanks
Re: Help! eBay.com And Alibaba.com Which One Is Reliable. by Chrisvicmall: 9:16am On Oct 10, 2012
They are two different things in the sense that Ebay is mainly retailers platform while Alibaba is mainly manufacturers store.Ebay is more related to Aliexpress. Ebay main mode of payment is paypal while Alibaba offers Alipay. Alibaba also offers users an Escrow service. Alibaba also accept payment through credit card

Regarding trust, judging from what we have seen and heard, there are less bogus sellers on Ebay compare to Alibaba. Most Ebay sellers do not ship product to Nigeria but you can still purchase their products through a third party services like Catalanca ( I hope I am correct with the name).

Anyway, if you are buying from Alibaba or Aliexpress, you can purchase with your credit card. If you don't have a credit card or need a cheaper shipping method, or want fast delivery or even afraid that the seller might take advantage of you, then consider using Chrisvicmall service (www.chrisvicmall.com). This allow you to pay in naira because we will be handling the payment and shipping process for you. If you have any question regarding our service, don't hesitate to chat with us online.
Re: Help! eBay.com And Alibaba.com Which One Is Reliable. by mrkels(m): 10:33am On Oct 10, 2012
EBAY!!!
Too many fraud issues on the internet with alibaba!!!
Shekena.
Re: Help! eBay.com And Alibaba.com Which One Is Reliable. by chemashie(m): 11:02am On Oct 10, 2012
Alibaba has upgraded their security respect to what is obtainable before. Ebay will not send ur product to nigeria, so get dat.
Re: Help! eBay.com And Alibaba.com Which One Is Reliable. by arbitrage: 11:06am On Oct 10, 2012
I discovered that Aliexpress/Alibabba has escrow that will not release your money to the seller until you log on to confirm that you have received the item in good and satisfactory condition. But eBay is more reputable in quality and reliability of items and sellers. Moreso you can still lay complain for payment reversal on eBay since you are paying by Paypal.
Re: Help! eBay.com And Alibaba.com Which One Is Reliable. by mrkels(m): 9:05am On Oct 11, 2012
chemashie: Alibaba has upgraded their security respect to what is obtainable before. Ebay will not send ur product to nigeria, so get dat.
Getting a Us forwarding address has been made so easy bro!
I just don't want him to have any issues!
Re: Help! eBay.com And Alibaba.com Which One Is Reliable. by chemashie(m): 9:09am On Oct 11, 2012
mrkels:
Getting a Us forwarding address has been made so easy bro!
I just don't want him to have any issues!
Sure! I have US address also, i only buy refurbished electronics or BB from US/UK while other products are bought from Asia.
Re: Help! eBay.com And Alibaba.com Which One Is Reliable. by tonym1(m): 12:33pm On Oct 17, 2012
There are fraudsters on both sites both I prefer Ebay if you know what you are doing.
Re: Help! eBay.com And Alibaba.com Which One Is Reliable. by OkwaIfugo(m): 6:00pm On Oct 17, 2012
Ebay is the best as your protected with Paypal umbrella.
When we open operations soon we shall help you buy and ship anything from ebay to Nigeria.
Re: Help! eBay.com And Alibaba.com Which One Is Reliable. by stpat1(m): 11:10pm On Oct 17, 2012
Ebay is it. 80% of transactions in alibaba are scam
Re: Help! eBay.com And Alibaba.com Which One Is Reliable. by Omega44(m): 12:19am On Oct 20, 2012
Ok.
Re: Help! eBay.com And Alibaba.com Which One Is Reliable. by Krucifax(m): 3:43pm On Oct 21, 2012
Ebay and Alibaba are as different as Chalk and Cheese! It really depends on what you are looking to buy. Whilst there are numerous Businesses selling on Ebay,it really is just a go to point to purchase itmes at cheap prices(this is often not the case). Alibaba on the other hand is your gateway to manufactuers from all over the world!

The problem with Alibaba is that in many instances you need thousands of £ & $ before some of them would even talk to you. The reason is because some of the sellers have a minimum order before they can sell. That minimum order varies dependent on items sought. Some of them require you to even purchase a container load of items before they can transact with you. Couple of years ago i tried importing refurbished Blackberry phones from Hong Kong to London. My budget was about £2000. And besides that i wanted a sample order so i can know the quality and if we should go forwards. After numerous days of staying up till the a.m hours to call(time difference) i had to give the matter up,because the minimum order was in the region of about £4000 if i remember correctly. Having said all that there are orders you can buy from and i have but you have to be careful,alot sell counterfeit goods!

Ebay also gives you payment protection,where your funds will not be released till you are happy with the goods. In summary Alibaba is for big time business and the best way to use it is to go and visit the company in question if you are looking to establish a longterm manufacturing/distribution relationship.

Omega44: Pls am intrested in buying stuff from either of these internet market, would Nairalander pls help on how to go about it i.e the steps, mode of payment, time of delivery etc. thanks
Re: Help! eBay.com And Alibaba.com Which One Is Reliable. by debadest: 8:32pm On Oct 23, 2012
MicoStar Mall www.micostarmall.com. They are really good and been rated by Google and customers the best and safest place for people living in Nigeria and Africa to shop online and receive their goods directly from US,Europe and Asia. I use them alot.Good luck with your shopping.
Re: Help! eBay.com And Alibaba.com Which One Is Reliable. by Omega44(m): 2:21am On Oct 24, 2012
Thanks to everyone, this has lead us to another clue. What then is (www.Micostarmall.Com) again.
Re: Help! eBay.com And Alibaba.com Which One Is Reliable. by onefinest: 4:41am On Oct 24, 2012
I have used them and their service is excellent. I am not surprise they are rated the best and safest place for Nigerians to buy anything they want directly from US, Europe, Asia and have them delivered to your doorstep in Nigeria.They partnered with over a 100 stores all over the world and you can also request them to get you items even from stores they are not partnered.They have their own shipping service and clearing service. You can also make foreign transfers and overseas bill payment through them. Infact Paypal partnered with them so they can reach out to customers in Nigeria.
Re: Help! eBay.com And Alibaba.com Which One Is Reliable. by Nobody: 1:01am On Feb 20, 2013
Omega44: Pls am intrested in buying stuff from either of these internet market, would Nairalander pls help on how to go about it i.e the steps, mode of payment, time of delivery etc. thanks

Bullsheet Ebay... Those guys Hate Africans... and u may either end up loosing ur money or they will send u rubbish.... Aliexpress The best... just make sure u pay using Buy Now so escrow can hold ur money until the goods is sent to u ... Like that of Rubbish paypal that is too afraid to handle africa market... Go for Aliexpress ... Use it alot
Re: Help! eBay.com And Alibaba.com Which One Is Reliable. by lukasz: 11:35am On Apr 18, 2013
chrisniger:

Bullsheet Ebay... Those guys Hate Africans... and u may either end up loosing ur money or they will send u rubbish.... Aliexpress The best... just make sure u pay using Buy Now so escrow can hold ur money until the goods is sent to u ... Like that of Rubbish paypal that is too afraid to handle africa market... Go for Aliexpress ... Use it alot

I agree. These guys dont allow me to log into my account (from the UK) when I am in Nigeria. I have to call and expalin myself why I login from Nigeria! They make you feel like a fraudster!

My suggestion is to look on the local websites. Some like kaymu offer better prices than in computervillage or on other websites and allow you to make save payments to kaymu. until you have your product they dont tgive the money to the seller. Kind of a paypal for nigeria.

Saw the Samsung S3 for N65k that is N2k less that at slot or any other shop in Computer village! Can you help me find a cheaper site?

1 Like

Re: Help! eBay.com And Alibaba.com Which One Is Reliable. by mavinc4u(f): 11:48pm On Jun 14, 2013
lukasz:

I agree. These guys dont allow me to log into my account (from the UK) when I am in Nigeria. I have to call and expalin myself why I login from Nigeria! They make you feel like a fraudster!

My suggestion is to look on the local websites. Some like kaymu offer better prices than in computervillage or on other websites and allow you to make save payments to kaymu. until you have your product they dont tgive the money to the seller. Kind of a paypal for nigeria.

Saw the Samsung S3 for N65k that is N2k less that at slot or any other shop in Computer village! Can you help me find a cheaper site?

there are 2 things here- they will not allow you to login to ebay or paypal?
Re: Help! eBay.com And Alibaba.com Which One Is Reliable. by Ponybiz: 5:58pm On Aug 02, 2013
chemashie:
Sure! I have US address also, i only buy refurbished electronics or BB from US/UK while other products are bought from Asia.
which of the us site is ebay included?
Re: Help! eBay.com And Alibaba.com Which One Is Reliable. by patkalchi: 6:44pm On Aug 23, 2015
I have both ebay and paypal accounts and I am allowed to log in anytime I travel to anywhere in the world... It depends on the device you use to log in. They always get suspicious if you use different devices to log in especially from different locations.

(1) (Reply)

UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. / Unity Bank Plc Responds To Various Publications On Milost USD1bn / Any Hope For The Naira?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.