Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Mamaputs Demolished At AGIS Back FTC Archive Abuja - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Mamaputs Demolished At AGIS Back FTC Archive Abuja (4479 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mamaputs Demolished At AGIS Back FTC Archive Abuja by cbjonstage(m): 2:21pm On Oct 10, 2012
Most populous MAMAPUTs demolished today morning, where men, women, young and old in all walks of life comes to refresh and take their brunch + lunch. It is unfortunate that these people have no place to go because of their previous experience, suffering from trauma, HBP etc. People are suffering in this country walahi

According to an eye-witness during the exercise, i no bi journalist but make i try sha !
the people who carried out this assignment had collected sums of money from each shops to prolong their stay in that area but their expectation could not be guaranteed as it was said that they were following their boss instruction. After chopping their m-o-n-e-y!

Furthermore, notice to vacate the premises was not given earlier before the arrival of Development Control...as for me, looking at the site plan of the area, one would conclude that nothing serious has taken off except for infrastructure springing up. likewise other suburban area where demolition have already taken place...

Re: Mamaputs Demolished At AGIS Back FTC Archive Abuja by Geomac: 2:24pm On Oct 10, 2012
No more poundy for me any time i am in FCDA.
Re: Mamaputs Demolished At AGIS Back FTC Archive Abuja by idlaw2k3(m): 2:45pm On Oct 10, 2012
Keeping to the Masterplan.

2 Likes

Re: Mamaputs Demolished At AGIS Back FTC Archive Abuja by tchaik(m): 2:58pm On Oct 10, 2012
Geomac: No more poundy for me any time i am in FCDA.

Oboiyeeee! Those women na life saver that year! My office was @ Mangal Plaza Area 11 and that igbo woman was my regular customer then!

I guess it should be Shagalinku things now!
Re: Mamaputs Demolished At AGIS Back FTC Archive Abuja by Nuezha(m): 3:08pm On Oct 10, 2012
...and let the DC build another.......but NO!
They expect all men to patronize ChumChum, MrBiggs, Tant'zers, Mamacass etc etc so that you can return to the village empty handed after 40yrs of service.

4 Likes

Re: Mamaputs Demolished At AGIS Back FTC Archive Abuja by Okijajuju1(m): 3:11pm On Oct 10, 2012
Very Good one by the government... angry This will teach these people to stop using shortcuts in life, it costs more in the end.. The fact that they paid agents to prolong their stay there means they knew they shouldnt have been there in the first place.. They should organize themselves into a reasonable association, rent a vacant land, get the right permits and do their business without fear..

4 Likes

Re: Mamaputs Demolished At AGIS Back FTC Archive Abuja by kpozite(m): 3:16pm On Oct 10, 2012
Keeping the masterplan indeed, even at the expense of people's source of livelihood? Why not build shops befitting of the so called masterplan elsewhere and ask them to buy or pay rent? Instead of the ''leave this place I don't care what becomes of you'' attitude these people show.

1 Like

Re: Mamaputs Demolished At AGIS Back FTC Archive Abuja by jamp: 3:18pm On Oct 10, 2012
Okija_juju: Very Good one by the government... angry This will teach these people to stop using shortcuts in life, it costs more in the end.. The fact that they paid agents to prolong their stay there means they knew they shouldnt have been there in the first place.. They should organize themselves into a reasonable association, rent a vacant land, get the right permits and do their business without fear..
bros thank God you are not in their situation. why demolish the shops when you cannot provide one for them. Remember all the buildings demolished by El Rufai. am not against demolition but government should provide alternatives for such.
Re: Mamaputs Demolished At AGIS Back FTC Archive Abuja by Geomac: 3:24pm On Oct 10, 2012
tchaik:

Oboiyeeee! Those women na life saver that year! My office was @ Mangal Plaza Area 11 and that igbo woman was my regular customer then!

I guess it should be Shagalinku things now!

You get it, i will miss her food o
Re: Mamaputs Demolished At AGIS Back FTC Archive Abuja by sylve11: 3:26pm On Oct 10, 2012
Are they compensating her? cool
Re: Mamaputs Demolished At AGIS Back FTC Archive Abuja by Okijajuju1(m): 3:48pm On Oct 10, 2012
jamp:
bros thank God you are not in their situation. why demolish the shops when you cannot provide one for them. Remember all the buildings demolished by El Rufai. am not against demolition but government should provide alternatives for such.

I can never be in their situation.. Reason being that I have sense... They are ILLEGAL OCCUPANTS.. The government is not obligated to provide them with shops.. Thats why if Im ready to open a business now, I cant just walk into any empty parcel of land and situate a business there.. WE HAVE RULES, LAWS and CODE OF CONDUCT IN THIS COUNTRY for bleeps sakes.. Thats how a chief who extended his fence into the road reducing it from a dual carriage way to a single carriage way asked Governor Amaechi for compensation before demolition.. Governor Amaechi simply showed him the Map and made him pay for the equipments that were vandalized on his orders by his outs.. They should relocate and this time legally..

4 Likes

Re: Mamaputs Demolished At AGIS Back FTC Archive Abuja by eduson55(m): 3:54pm On Oct 10, 2012
ooooooooooooowsh...
Re: Mamaputs Demolished At AGIS Back FTC Archive Abuja by eduson55(m): 3:55pm On Oct 10, 2012
ooooooooooooowsh...
who go dey mix pepper soup and pap for us na?
Re: Mamaputs Demolished At AGIS Back FTC Archive Abuja by eduson55(m): 3:57pm On Oct 10, 2012
they should better creat jobs for them ooo not just demolishing their biz..
Re: Mamaputs Demolished At AGIS Back FTC Archive Abuja by Jarus(m): 4:17pm On Oct 10, 2012
Nuezha: ...and let the DC build another.......but NO!
They expect all men to patronize ChumChum, MrBiggs, Tant'zers, Mamacass etc etc so that you can return to the village empty handed after 40yrs of service.
Lol. True yarn jare. grin
Re: Mamaputs Demolished At AGIS Back FTC Archive Abuja by chiefbatiatus(m): 4:21pm On Oct 10, 2012
What is wrong if the deaf people in govt build very organised low-cost non-permanent kind of structures where the sam govt can collect fees ranging from like say N7,000 per month to any amount they want? Someone did that in federal secretariat when the parking area was leased to a private firm. I dont know why the dullest nigerians are the ones in positions of power. so the minister of FCDA expects everybody including low-cadre staff to go and eat at mr biggs or the big restaurants where food is N800 - N2,000? Bala is a nice man personally from his history but why is he behaving like Aliero (Bush man from Kebbi)? Go to france, Italy etc and you see traders selling fruits by the road in well arranged kiosks established and maintained by govt? and all these people travel there? what is wrong with us na? when are we going to stop been illiterates and adopt modernity? These is how they have allowed mechanics to rot in Abuja from day 1. At a point the FCTA builts shops for mechanics and started selling at N12million per stall! If anybody has 12 million will he still be a mechanic? Dull dull dull people everywhere and they all have degrees and doctorates!
Re: Mamaputs Demolished At AGIS Back FTC Archive Abuja by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 10, 2012
Okija juju.....you've said it all...I can't think of anything more to add.
This country is too lawless...and its evident by the way they act when a governor or minister tries to bring a little sanity to the country.

Infact, when guys say they are suffering 4rm Government...I don't see anything, cos I've never seen any other country as lawless as nigeria
Re: Mamaputs Demolished At AGIS Back FTC Archive Abuja by indoorlove(m): 4:57pm On Oct 10, 2012
Okija_juju: Very Good one by the government... angry This will teach these people to stop using shortcuts in life, it costs more in the end.. The fact that they paid agents to prolong their stay there means they knew they shouldnt have been there in the first place.. They should organize themselves into a reasonable association, rent a vacant land, get the right permits and do their business without fear..
Have you been to Abuja before?! If you have u ll realise those things you listed up there cost millions.
Re: Mamaputs Demolished At AGIS Back FTC Archive Abuja by Abujafood: 4:58pm On Oct 10, 2012
No problem for all you Mama put fans in abuja, you can join the bandwagon of customers that patronize these 6 popular Mama puts in Abuja
Re: Mamaputs Demolished At AGIS Back FTC Archive Abuja by jumyscrib: 5:05pm On Oct 10, 2012
Its so unfortunate dat things like dis happens in nigeria. Where did the govt.think dat d mr biggs', mamacass', tant'zers of today started from? Not evry1 has 45-50m to franchise any of these companies, so pls they shld let them do their buz.in peace as long as they pay their taxes n all dat....
Re: Mamaputs Demolished At AGIS Back FTC Archive Abuja by seunfly: 5:10pm On Oct 10, 2012

you make sense my friend, many times we criticise government, but there is a way to do things in oderliness but we chose not to and we rely on sympathy of journalist to blame the respective authourity or government.

Woow Okija juju when ever you want to write without sentiment, you are one of the best on Nairaland.
Re: Mamaputs Demolished At AGIS Back FTC Archive Abuja by seunfly: 5:17pm On Oct 10, 2012
indoorlove: Have you been to Abuja before?! If you have u ll realise those things you listed up there cost millions.

mamaput are also making money in Abuja, beside they can come together form a group and lease some land for thier bussines if you know how much the are paying illegally to those that permit them to stay whare they are you will know that if pull together it is enough to lease land in cetral area or wuse.
Re: Mamaputs Demolished At AGIS Back FTC Archive Abuja by mekaboy(m): 6:11pm On Oct 10, 2012
I KNOW GET ENERGY TO TALK FOR THIS ONE. I HAVE BEEN ENGAGED IN FASHOLA AND 3000 OKADA RIDERS ARGUEMENT.

NOW THIS ONE. IT.IS EASIER FOR NIGERIANS TO SAY IT SERVES THEM RIGHT WHEN.YOUR.NOT DIRECTLY AFFECTED.

MAY GOD HELP THEM.
Re: Mamaputs Demolished At AGIS Back FTC Archive Abuja by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 10, 2012
jumyscrib: Its so unfortunate dat things like dis happens in nigeria. Where did the govt.think dat d mr biggs', mamacass', tant'zers of today started from? Not evry1 has 45-50m to franchise any of these companies, so pls they shld let them do their buz.in peace as long as they pay their taxes n all dat....

Bros...no1 is stopping small scale business. The land on which she's doing business is illegally acquired. And that is a serious offense anywhere in d world that could attract jail sef. So she's lucky that they didn't follow the law to the core. That's enough fairness on government's part. Gosh! Infact, I won't question why nigeria is not developing again...cos how nigerians reason always make me shake my head in disbelief. Damn!
Re: Mamaputs Demolished At AGIS Back FTC Archive Abuja by indoorlove(m): 6:51pm On Oct 10, 2012
seunfly:

mamaput are also making money in Abuja, beside they can come together form a group and lease some land for thier bussines if you know how much the are paying illegally to those that permit them to stay whare they are you will know that if pull together it is enough to lease land in cetral area or wuse.
I would rather have you tell me how much you claim they are paying illegally that can afford land in Abuja..... I reside in abj and know what am talking about.
Re: Mamaputs Demolished At AGIS Back FTC Archive Abuja by mekaboy(m): 7:07pm On Oct 10, 2012
GOOD QUESTION, HOW MUCH DO THEY MAKE THAT CAN AFFORD LAND.THERE?

IF NIGERIAN GOVT WAS NOT.SO.CORRUPT HOW.MANY OF.THE.GOVT.OFFICIALS CAN AFFORD.TO.BUILD HOUSES IN THE PLACES THEY.DO.IN ABUJA?

SO THEY SHOULD MOVE TO THE.VILLAGE? IF THEY ALL.COME TOGETHER THEY CANT AFFORD A PLOT OF LAND IN THAT PLACE.

WHEN THE BANKS HAVE BEEN WARNED NOT TO GIVE LOANS.TO RICH.MEN, IS IT THE POOR MAMA PUT SELLERS THAT THE BANK WILL GIVE MILLIONS TO BUY LAND?

IT IS ONLY THE GOVT THAT.CAN BUILD AND.LET THEM PAY INSTALLMENT FOR YEARS.

BUT TRUST NIGERIAN GOVT, THEY WONT. EVEN THE MONEY IS RELEASED FOR THAT, THEY WILL SHARE IT.

NA ONLY GOD DEY SAVE PERSO. FOR THIS COUNTRY.

I DONT.BLAME THOSE THAT SAY GOD SHOULD SPOIL THIS WORLD AND LET EVERYBODY START AFRESH.

LOL
Re: Mamaputs Demolished At AGIS Back FTC Archive Abuja by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 10, 2012
I hope FG gives feeding allowance to civil servants to allow them eat in Mr Biggs and Southern Fried Chicken during breaks from work.
Re: Mamaputs Demolished At AGIS Back FTC Archive Abuja by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 10, 2012
indoorlove: I would rather have you tell me how much you claim they are paying illegally that can afford land in Abuja..... I reside in abj and know what am talking about.

So because land is expensive, it is now an alternative to acquire it illegally.
*Is it by force to build a restaurant in abj?
*Those who complain about affording Mr biggs, you didn't kno life in abj is expensive before u moved over there?
*is by force to buy fast food? Can't you cook your own food?

Now at the end, who lost everything? Mamaput!!!! That's exactly what the guy was pointing out! Calculate all what she lost now, and calculate all the further gains she would have made if she had purchased a legal space. You get it now?

Lack of foresight is what kills most nigerians and they start crying on government. That's thé same reason why most nigerians abroad do ridiculous jobs or resort to crime.! Lack of foresight! You don't think past what you will eat! Kai shaking my head again
Re: Mamaputs Demolished At AGIS Back FTC Archive Abuja by Nobody: 10:54pm On Oct 10, 2012
^^^^^^meanwhile, you are not the only one who resides in abuja so we all know what we are talking about. But your own reason is quite shallow though
Re: Mamaputs Demolished At AGIS Back FTC Archive Abuja by mikolo80: 10:03am On Oct 11, 2012
BETTER CARRY UR FOOD TO OFFICE IN COOLER OR GET BETTER PAYING JOBS.HATE THE SYSTEM NOT THE PLAYER
Re: Mamaputs Demolished At AGIS Back FTC Archive Abuja by Clemzy16(m): 1:15pm On Oct 11, 2012
I don't reside in abj. But mamaput is one of the best place where you can get real Nigerian delicacies. Mr biggs and the others na wash! They're just too expensive for my liking and nothing good to show for it. But mamaput.. Hmmm.. Yummy! Yummy!! Mamamia.. *lick my lips and walks out of thread*
Re: Mamaputs Demolished At AGIS Back FTC Archive Abuja by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 11, 2012
Clemzy16: I don't reside in abj. But mamaput is one of the best place where you can get real Nigerian delicacies. Mr biggs and the others na wash! They're just too expensive for my liking and nothing good to show for it. But mamaput.. Hmmm.. Yummy! Yummy!! Mamamia.. *lick my lips and walks out of thread*

:-( eya! What a sad love story. This guy go miss mamaput gaan ooo. RIP to mamaput restaurant..pls dnt make me cry cry

(1) (Reply)

Popcorn Get Burnt / The Best Slimming Tea So Far And Affordable. / Mr Biggs Vs Juvenik Restaurant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.