Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting (14934 Views)

All Primary And Secondary Schools To Remain Closed Till October 13 / Lagos State University(lasu) Closed Till Further Notice!!! / The Polytechnic Ibadan Closed Till Further Notice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by onatisi(m): 4:25pm On Oct 10, 2012
acidtalk: When did daily post become Police (CID)?
are u really waiting for the police to say anything tangible on the aluuu case?if so,better take sleeping tablet and sleep for a long time ,becos they are not going to do that.this is nigeria ,very soon a committe will be setup to look into the matter ,that one will take 3months,then its recommendation will be given to the gov,another 1 month ,then if and only if the gov wishes he will send the report to the minister or his state assembly another 4months

1 Like

Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by chucky234(m): 4:26pm On Oct 10, 2012
belicov: Dunno wat iz appenin unn also added 12000 naira to ₫ students skool fees for internet fees tell me iz it all ₫ students dat use laptops or çãñ browse wat of ₫ blind
Are you a nursery or university student?
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by DIG1: 4:26pm On Oct 10, 2012
1ndidi2: Dio mio! Abasi mbo!

Nna nyi no n'eligwe,ka otito diri n'aha gi. KA E ME UCHE GI n'uwa, ka OCHICHI gi bia,e kwela kanyi daba na njo! Ma zoputa anyi n'ajo ihe! Amin.
Did u read dis post in ur dialect?
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by Sircuba: 4:27pm On Oct 10, 2012
Can someone pls for GOD sakes! Giv me a website or newspaper dat says good news abt nigeria! Orderwise i wana sell my browsin phone

1 Like

Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by nkemKalu: 4:27pm On Oct 10, 2012
Todaynatoday: 120k can be used to start a legitimate & profitable business. They had better reduce the fees, it's outrageous!
LASU IS ABOUT N250,000.....ONLY.....JUST ABOUT 1,000 BRITISH POUNDS......CHICKEN CHANGE
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by vanstanzy(m): 4:27pm On Oct 10, 2012
This is so wicked and unfortunate of the govt. Why disrupt the already disrupted school calender and, even going to the extent of chasing the final year students home.
I have a dependant in ABSU, and i know how we had to run around to pay her insanely hicked-up final year school fees. Now the money is paid and now this, this is so UNFORTUNATE.
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by onatisi(m): 4:30pm On Oct 10, 2012
in the aluu matter i blame the last boy that escaped ,he should have mobilised his fellow students to help his friends or even reported the matter to the police maybe just maybe luck could have smiled on them and they might have been saved ,but he chose to keep quite until they were killed ,i am sure before they were killed they were hoping and praying that their fellow student would show up,even if just 15male students had showed up those boys would have been saved

1 Like

Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by Standing5(m): 4:32pm On Oct 10, 2012
chucky234: Fashola pioneered school fees increment when he increased Lagos glorious secondary school(LASU) fees last year,its expected that other universities will follow suit.
Hmmm students paying N120,000 as school fees for all the gbagaun they are being taught,haba its too much na.

I disagree with your logic here, on the contrary, i think they should be made to pay what the govt normally spend on them from the commonwealth of the general masses. It is no new again that the best students hardly gets admitted into public schools anymore. Let them pay and hold their teachers responsible for once. All they sabi na Aluta !
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by Series22(m): 4:32pm On Oct 10, 2012
akanutong: Daily Post investigation reveals that none of the four murdered students at Aluu was involved in robbery or any kind of pilfering. Our correspondent spoke with an anonymous colleague of the late Lloyd and Ugo whom he said were aspiring musicians and his colleagues.

It was gathered from the source that Ugo and Lloyd were cousins. Someone was indebted to Ugo around the community and had vowed not to pay. Ugo who was popularly known as Tipsy had gone to meet with a fearless University guy (name-withheld) to help them track the debtor who had been on the run. The guy who was feared by many in the school had accepted to accompany his friends to get the debtor tracked down and get his own percentage of the money. They were joined by their room mate, Chidiaka. On their way to the place, they met one of their friends, Tekena, who knew nothing about the plan, and he joined, just for the hype as it’s normal with young boys of juvenile age.

They were actu
ally 5 that got to the debtor’s compound. Unknown to the other four, the “Confra” guy who was contracted to intimidate the debtor just to get the money paid went with a gun .When they got to the guy’s house around 12am, fight ensued, as the debtor confronted them. A next door neighbour, a woman started shouting on top of her voice, that they were thieves, attracting other bad boys around the areas, whom they said were mainly “Vikings”, rival cult group to the one on contract. They swung into action by tipping the village vigilantee who confronted the boys, referring to them as thieves. At the process of beating the boys, and while they were trying to explain, the fifth ‘guy’,the cultist brought out his gun to scare the people, and he escaped, leaving the rest four at the mercy of the villagers.

The explanation they tried to give fell on the community’s deaf ears as the people insisted that they must be killed.

This story got to Daily Post as an eyewitness account from the 5th boy who escaped. He narrated this to others.
ok we have heard.. What is daily post investigation on ABSU's new school fees?

2 Likes

Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by Series22(m): 4:33pm On Oct 10, 2012
akanutong: Daily Post investigation reveals that none of the four murdered students at Aluu was involved in robbery or any kind of pilfering. Our correspondent spoke with an anonymous colleague of the late Lloyd and Ugo whom he said were aspiring musicians and his colleagues.

It was gathered from the source that Ugo and Lloyd were cousins. Someone was indebted to Ugo around the community and had vowed not to pay. Ugo who was popularly known as Tipsy had gone to meet with a fearless University guy (name-withheld) to help them track the debtor who had been on the run. The guy who was feared by many in the school had accepted to accompany his friends to get the debtor tracked down and get his own percentage of the money. They were joined by their room mate, Chidiaka. On their way to the place, they met one of their friends, Tekena, who knew nothing about the plan, and he joined, just for the hype as it’s normal with young boys of juvenile age.

They were actu
ally 5 that got to the debtor’s compound. Unknown to the other four, the “Confra” guy who was contracted to intimidate the debtor just to get the money paid went with a gun .When they got to the guy’s house around 12am, fight ensued, as the debtor confronted them. A next door neighbour, a woman started shouting on top of her voice, that they were thieves, attracting other bad boys around the areas, whom they said were mainly “Vikings”, rival cult group to the one on contract. They swung into action by tipping the village vigilantee who confronted the boys, referring to them as thieves. At the process of beating the boys, and while they were trying to explain, the fifth ‘guy’,the cultist brought out his gun to scare the people, and he escaped, leaving the rest four at the mercy of the villagers.

The explanation they tried to give fell on the community’s deaf ears as the people insisted that they must be killed.

This story got to Daily Post as an eyewitness account from the 5th boy who escaped. He narrated this to others.
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by acidtalk: 4:34pm On Oct 10, 2012
Sir cuba: Can someone pls for GOD sakes! Giv me a website or newspaper dat says good news abt nigeria! Orderwise i wana sell my browsin phone

Go to your vendor and buy Nigeria is Doomed Daily Newspaper. Or visit their website - nigeriaisdoomed.com
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by Series22(m): 4:36pm On Oct 10, 2012
chucky234: Are you a nursery or university student?
someone in nursery is called a pupil... Tnk u

1 Like

Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by Nuezha(m): 4:38pm On Oct 10, 2012
val_dee: Nigeria: one day one trouble.

...ain't funny though.
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by friedrice1: 4:39pm On Oct 10, 2012
Iyfe Namikaze: lol... Skul fees was never increased frm 90 to 120, that is my skul and i wil tell u wat realy happened.
This session, the skul fees was increased frm 52 to 90/80(depending on ur course of study)... So bcuz the fees was to outragous, the skul authority allowed students to pay atleast N45.000 for 1st semester. So nw during this semester exam, t[b]hose who paid half payment which is N45.000 were denied frm writing their degree exam. Students revolted, saying that since they will still pay the remaining fees during their(our) clearance,they suld be allowed to write the exam[/b],but the authority were doing blockhead..blockhead! So trust my ABSU guys na.. We no d carry last. We had to stop all the exams and off the skul generator.
What pains me most is that this same govt that is demanding for our fees is still owing civil servants for 3months! IMAGINE!!! Where is T.A orji expecting us to get the money from?

As i'm talking to u nw, militry men are marching towards our hostels,coming to vacate us by fire by force! I hope they dont shoot us oo!!

My brother, you see the problem, You are still in 2nd year and you want to pay all your fees during your final clearance. yet you expect the school to keep running and paying salaries / providing water and electricity.?
My Problem with Nigerians, These are the same set of people that would quickly cough out over 20,000 pounds for school fees even before they apply for a ViSA to leave the country for an Masters Degree, yet see nothing wrong in destroying their own because they are asked to pay their fees b4 their final exams.
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by Goodcare(m): 4:42pm On Oct 10, 2012
onatisi:
naija is messed up ,believe me

GOD BLESS YOU FOR THIS INPUT.....But my comment is reserved till 2015 election.......
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by miraexcel(f): 4:44pm On Oct 10, 2012
hello, Is there any absu student here. i need some info. please contact me with your phone number. thanks
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by fastlane84: 4:47pm On Oct 10, 2012
Government are not proactive, they should have known the implication of sending final year student out of the exam hall. Naija undecided
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by untammed: 4:52pm On Oct 10, 2012
Nigerian youths now is the time, how much more are we going to take? When are we going to realise it is up to us to impact the change we need? How can u send final year students out of an exam hall? This men don't care about Nigeria. Their children are outside the country with no plans of ever returning, they are ruining this country for us. Its is time for us to come together Operation #rebuildNigeria. Look at what is happening everywhere. What else are we waiting for. The time is now.
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by zuchyblink(m): 4:53pm On Oct 10, 2012
hw much is minimum wage in Nigeria? Wicked and insensitive leaders.
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by Gkiks1406(m): 5:07pm On Oct 10, 2012
packman: [size=30pt]MAKE WE DEY WATCH NOW WAT WOULD IT LEAD TO......

I TINK ITS TIME FOR REVOLUTON IN THIS COUNTRY ENOF IS ENOF[/size]
. I don't think we are ready for that yet, though. We're inching towards that gradually..... But can you eat lizards and drink from the gutters? This comes with a revolution. Watch what you preach bro.

1 Like

Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by emenim(m): 5:28pm On Oct 10, 2012
why are State Government schools very expensive in Nigeria, must everybody attend federal school?, i think other states should take cue from other states that value education and would love its citizens to attend school the likes of Imo state and others
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by onatisi(m): 5:43pm On Oct 10, 2012
Sir cuba: Can someone pls for GOD sakes! Giv me a website or newspaper dat says good news abt nigeria! Orderwise i wana sell my browsin phone
my brother pls dont , because there is no good news . just live with it
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by onatisi(m): 5:44pm On Oct 10, 2012
Goodcare:

GOD BLESS YOU FOR THIS INPUT.....But my comment is reserved till 2015 election.......
my name believe me nothing will change , the same ppl , the same parties , the same lies , the same rigging , nothing will change .
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by Victorjoseph(m): 5:49pm On Oct 10, 2012
God pls 4giv our country bcus we dnt knw wat we ar doin
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by ifeomabernard(f): 5:52pm On Oct 10, 2012
JESUSCHRIST from 80,000 to 120,000 may God purnish dat useless Orji Kalu in futo here we are just paying 48,500 year 1, 2nd to 3rd 35,000 then finals 20,000
May God help dose students
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by onatisi(m): 5:53pm On Oct 10, 2012
Victor joseph: God pls 4giv our country bcus we dnt knw wat we ar doin
not what we are doing , it is what we have done that is affecting us now , have u wondered why ppl who fail in nigeria always or most often than not excel when they leave nigeria ?
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by EXCELLENCEAbia: 5:59pm On Oct 10, 2012
el-Roi:
FED POLY MUBI CLOSED (OCTOBER 2, 2012)
UNIPORT CLOSED (OCTOBER 9, 2012)
ABSU CLOSED (OCTOBER 10, 2012)

WHO'S NEXT?

in any way you look at it, our youths are the negative receiving side; if not killing, unjustifiable school fees, and all sort of vices.

LEADERS OF TOMORROW INDEED.
i know that you may know but let me include the next. it is umuahia north local govt and that is tomorro
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by ifeomabernard(f): 5:59pm On Oct 10, 2012
The rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer may God help us
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by sunrise4u: 6:11pm On Oct 10, 2012
i thougth d presidnt said he dnt go to skul wit a shoe? And now he is watching all ds greedy governors to to do wateva de want cos de dnt wnt us to go to skul wit sanders. God is watching ooooo! Pls God ur second coming is long over due, pls come to our rescue in ds lawless country of ours.
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by EXCELLENCEAbia: 6:20pm On Oct 10, 2012

They were actu

read before you write
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 10, 2012
fried-rice:
I thought the Fees were increased at the beginning of the Year.
OR was the fees increased just before the second semester exams?
Must it take them to be driven out of the exam Halls before they protest the hike in fees that was effected at the beginning of the year.

Its like one waking up now to protest the Fuel price hike announced Jan 1st.
students are only protesting so as to allow us write our final(degree) exams,if one is to come back for spill,it will be more than 100,000,it was increased before we started the first semester,my dept pays 50k each semester making it 100k in one year,medicals and law faculties pay more than 120k a year and those in education faculties pay 80k every year.these are only for old students oh.New students pay 50k for acceptance,medicals and departmentals amount to upto 90k and then tuition fees is 130k including sug and others,my dear is really annoying
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by sunnyp1(m): 6:22pm On Oct 10, 2012
In libya education is free from primary level till university level but here where we have God gift our so called freak leaders misused our natural gift.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NOUN No Longer Second Class Varsity, Says VC / Any Good GMAT Lecture Centre In Lagos? / Prof Alele Williams' Death: A Woman Of Integrity & A Trailblazer - Ogiemwonyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.