Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,259 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Help Hacker In My Cafe - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help Hacker In My Cafe (1390 Views)

My Cafe Needs Help. / Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe / My Cafe's Internet Connection Is Slow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Hacker In My Cafe by rhyme2all(m): 11:28am On Jan 21, 2008
Please can Some one tell Me how I can Be able to Destroy Hacker software Planted in the systems in My cybercafe.

I have been working in a cyber cafe for the past six months as a technician from time to time some customers complain that someone has changed the password of a mailbox they use in business transaction, But i kept on thinking they were careless or something like that because I have searched for It in the Add or Remove Programmes In the Control-panel,
and Saw only the Programmes I installed, Last week I decided to reformat my Hard disks thinking that this will stop the problem but this morning I also discovered that the password of the mail box I use for communicating with my uncle who is abroad has also been changed , a friend said it must be a Keylogger, win-spy or any other hacking software, but he didn't know how to remove it.

Somebody help me.
Re: Help Hacker In My Cafe by folahann(m): 12:16pm On Jan 22, 2008
O my God !
You have to ban your costomers from dowloading from some sites (especially ones that are free) you also need to get anti-spyware protection. There are a lot of them, you can try Avira AntiVir
Re: Help Hacker In My Cafe by meetagape(m): 3:23pm On Jan 22, 2008
I think u were hacking others when u didn't have a cafe. Maybe u are reaping what u sown. grin lol!
Re: Help Hacker In My Cafe by Ralvy(m): 8:05pm On Jan 22, 2008
Format every God Damn System in that cafe including the Server if possible. .
And Re-establish the OS on the Systems, restrict Access to Drive C and Prevent installation from Removable Source.
Infact, when u format all of them, let me know and I will write some Registry values that will assist u.
Re: Help Hacker In My Cafe by Ralvy(m): 8:06pm On Jan 22, 2008
Also get Decent & standard Antivirus/Antispyware!

omo . . . That hacker is pimping, if u catch him - introduce him to me abeg!
Re: Help Hacker In My Cafe by DualCore1: 9:03pm On Jan 22, 2008
dude, start from SQUARE 1. don't even backup one thing! not even your customer accounts. shut down for a whole day and clean the place like mad. sorry sha but that could be the only way outta stuff like this.
Re: Help Hacker In My Cafe by urihsab: 8:50am On Jan 23, 2008
@rhyme2_all for a fee of =N= 5,000 i will migrate your cybercafe from windows to linux. it is a lot safer than windows, especially on a server level. user management is so much more conducive and efficient. when i'm done, the only person who will be able to install any further programs on any of your cafe's computers is u, the technician.
this reformatting they are asking u to do today, next week u will find yourself doing it again. i see it all over lagos. people don't know how to run and maintain cybercafes.

i will school u properly and in the end, your boss will be happy with u. ask your boss to contact me ravenphntm@gmail.com. i will end your headache once and for all.
Re: Help Hacker In My Cafe by paribus(m): 9:28am On Jan 23, 2008
urihsab:

@rhyme2_all for a fee of =N= 5,000 i will migrate your cybercafe from windows to linux. it is a lot safer than windows, especially on a server level. user management is so much more conducive and efficient. when i'm done, the only person who will be able to install any further programs on any of your cafe's computers is u, the technician.
this reformatting they are asking u to do today, next week u will find yourself doing it again.

On what basis do  you say user management is so much conducive and efficient. Isn't that relative to user's competence and know how. Most tasks are easy - but only for those who knows how !.  And who says 'the only person who will be able to install any further programs on any of your cafe's computers is u, the technician.' is only possible within linux domains. Serious businesses have been locking down their desktop for years with group and security policies on MS networks.

Better preach a well planned deployment from the onset (regardless of deployed OS) than saying a platform move would solve all security problems. The problem most cyber cafe have is that they rush deployment and are duly satisfied once client workstations are able to browse without giving adequate consideration to network security. It's got nothing to do with what OS was deployed but everything to do with how it was deployed. Regards
Re: Help Hacker In My Cafe by nedsly: 11:18am On Jan 23, 2008
Ensure that running .exe, .jar and other files with similar extensions are disabled on every system in ur cafe
Also don't rule out anti-virus/trojans/malwares etc, most of them detects and disables keylogger and other rouge softwares.
u can also try a desktop live monitor so u can monitor what users do, it will require constant monitoring, but will b worth the while when the culprit behind all this mess is caught.
Re: Help Hacker In My Cafe by rhyme2all(m): 12:52pm On Jan 23, 2008
" @ANonymous"
I would like you to write down the registry values for me .

Thanks all for your repies so far , I use AVG Antivirus but I have changed to kaspersky , but none of them is able to detect the keylogger, or whatever spyware it is. Any other antivirus because my friends say Avira is Bad.
Re: Help Hacker In My Cafe by zaibatsu(m): 1:09pm On Jan 23, 2008
It would be better if you could do a full format of all affected systems. After doing this, reinstall windows and set public accounts (e.g Guest) with severely limited privileges. The guest account might work nicely as a reduced privilege account; you may also type "mmc" in the run dialog and use a Group Policy Snapin to further limit available privileges on your computer. You may login as an admin whenever you need to perform any operations requiring Admin Privileges.
Best of luck
Re: Help Hacker In My Cafe by yommy69(m): 2:10pm On Jan 23, 2008
hello poster i sugget you search for keylogger on ur system and delete the files from the source and install deep freeze on all ur systems.it happened to me in my cafe also.i just did that and its not happening anymore.make sure you password ur deep freeze.i can help you with the deep freeze.yommy69@yahoo.com or you download it
Re: Help Hacker In My Cafe by richardz: 2:38pm On Jan 23, 2008
Sell all the computer hard disk and use the money to go buy Deep Freeze then ur cafe will not be giving a bad comment nor complain again.
Re: Help Hacker In My Cafe by folahann(m): 10:34pm On Jan 23, 2008
richardz:

Sell all the computer hard disk and use the money to go buy Deep Freeze then your cafe will not be giving a bad comment nor complain again.
Don't be silly, this is a serious issue.
Re: Help Hacker In My Cafe by nazzyon(m): 12:18am On Jan 24, 2008
Hello,

Here is solution but it cost allot.

Although not know but it is so far the best you can rarely be found in market as pirated.

Ca Internet Security

http://shop.ca.com

Since you're running a cafe, just go for the business protection.

It will fish out what ever it. And protect you future problems.

And upgrades are free with a very reliable customer care service.

It is the best you can get.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Panda Security

www.pandasecurity.com

____________________________________________________________________________________
We ran a test on both and the likes of Norton and other 10.

Effectiveness
Ca                                80%

Panda                           70+

Norton and others were fairly good.

Don't try Avira, Mc afee, ,  they are good for home use only.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Additional Solution

Comodo Firewall

Best Free Firewall

http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/

Protection from hackers, Identity theft and a host of others.
Re: Help Hacker In My Cafe by DualCore1: 7:43pm On Jan 24, 2008
richardz:

Sell all the computer hard disk and use the money to go buy Deep Freeze then your cafe will not be giving a bad comment nor complain again.
what exactly were u thinking when u said this? FFS this won't even pass for a joke!

(1) (Reply)

Are Hp Pavillons Generally Slow? / Good News***airtel Has Finally Step Down Dere Bb Subscription / Hspa+ Modems Anyone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.