Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,486 members, 7,823,131 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe (6143 Views)

My Cafe Needs Help. / How To Monitor A Wireless Laptop Connected To My Cafe? / My Cafe's Internet Connection Is Slow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by adaspire: 8:59am On Mar 11, 2010
pls, help, am about to close down my cafe, I dont make much nowadays, now i make less than 3000 everyday with 12 systems. what is the problem, i dont understand, av spent so much on the cafe. please help me
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 11, 2010
what made you think that you were going to make any more money than what you are making now?
dont compare your cafe with others in BETTER LOCATION, with BETTER/FASTER connection. do you have AC? that might also be important and last but not least THE PRICE YOU CHARGE PER HOUR.
what about promotion? did you make any or you just hope that millions of people will stroll in your cafe?
you could also try to introduce a package fee: 5hrs for the price of 3, 10hrs for the price of 7 etc.
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by WafiJoe(m): 10:32am On Mar 11, 2010
I can help you. Just gimme some details like, where is it located, how big is your cafe, lets know if we can add other service to it, okay?
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by DualCore1: 10:39am On Mar 11, 2010
WafiJoe:

send a mail to info@sawyerrken.com, be fast i will remove my email address from here soon cos of scammers.
ouch!
now someone has to pay me or worship me before i edit my post, sweeeeeeeet!  cool
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by WarHorse1(m): 11:58am On Mar 11, 2010
Why can't cyber cafes transform to call centers/Business representatives. What about providing online services too?
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by adaspire: 12:33pm On Mar 11, 2010
mrbrownjay, I was making times 4 or 5 of that before now but i dont know what went wrong
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 11, 2010
has new cafes open in your neighborhood?
ask the people in your community why they aint coming any longer?
ask them where they get their internet from now?

there could be so many reason why you aint making as much money as before and the answer is right outside your door, so go ask the peeps!
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by adaspire: 1:19pm On Mar 11, 2010
has new cafes open in your neighborhood?
ask the people in your community why they aint coming any longer?
ask them where they get their internet from now?

there could be so many reason why you aint making as much money as before and the answer is right outside your door, so go ask the peeps!

yes, mrbrownjay, new cafes just opened up and at a reduced price, what do i do?
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by Kx: 1:53pm On Mar 11, 2010
most new business fail cos of this.
u didnt seem to have envisaged competition and price war.
advice- consider providing same service at reduced rate and offer more
in terms of customer satisfaction.

come to think of it,with the zain,zoom,mtn,glo etc 3G that can ensure more internet
time with N1k to N2k ,pay as u go,number of internet users at cafes is bound to reduce.
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 11, 2010
@poster
well i hope you saved some of the money you earned before for times like now.
accept that you may never make the kind of profit that you were making before and either lower your prices to be able to compete with other cafes in your area or accept defeat and close shop!
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by donline: 3:07pm On Mar 11, 2010
sorry to say this, u can not break even if it is only cafe business u are into in d Nigeria economy
u don't have 2 close the cafe, we can help u 2 manage it ,and break even before one year
we are expert in that area, we are there 2 change d face of your business
God will help us
thanks
contact 08035057766
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by WarHorse1(m): 4:46pm On Mar 11, 2010
adaspire:

mrbrownjay, I was making times 4 or 5 of that before now but i dont know what went wrong

This is the problem with many Nigerian Business persons. where was your sense of trend analysis? you would have know when things started to go downhill. We only get to know when its too late. They call it business intelligence. But it for both small and big business organizations.

Still, my advice is you have to redefine the theory of your business. Internet Access has reached bedrooms. few will want to come to a cyber cafe. Therefore, you must find services that will use the net to reach people and for a price.

I do not think price reductions will pull people away from their internet browsing laptops at home to a cyber cafe.

ask yourself, what other uses can your cyber cafe assets do? If nothing, its time to "abandon ship".
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by WarHorse1(m): 4:51pm On Mar 11, 2010
donline:

sorry to say this, u can not break even if it is only cafe business u are into in d Nigeria economy
u don't have 2 close the cafe, we can help u 2 manage it ,and break even before one year
we are expert in that area, we are there 2 change d face of your business
God will help us
thanks
contact 08035057766

Giving out the cyber cafe to someone else to manage?
No entrepreneur should do this. if you cannot manage you business yourself, shutdown. No man can dream your dream or dream for you.
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by DualCore1: 10:35pm On Mar 11, 2010
Last time i went to a cafe hmmmm, let me see. . . i think 4 or 5 years ago. This goes for many others too.
MTN will only cost u 500 naira for 24 hours, in a cafe as at then, that's the cost for about 6 hours.
There are so many other networks with good prices too.
To make matters worse even torchlight fones are gprs enabled tongue

Hard truth: The good days of cafe business in Nigeria are over forever (sorry to say).
I remember those days we used cafe timers as admins cuz the dumbo server admin didnt change the default admin password cheesy
Or the days when we used tickets (i think thats wht they're called) and saved some time in them for later and almost want to die when we forget our tickets in our pockets and wash the clothes.
Yay those very good days when I will dilly dally round a cafe owner to repair his systems so i can get free time

Mehn 9ja don grow o! kai!!

Brotha, think beyond the cafe box, spread your tentacles.
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by engrhamid(m): 6:23am On Mar 12, 2010
Dual Core:

Last time i went to a cafe hmmmm, let me see. . . i think 4 or 5 years ago. This goes for many others too.
MTN will only cost u 500 naira for 24 hours, in a cafe as at then, that's the cost for about 6 hours.
There are so many other networks with good prices too.
To make matters worse even torchlight fones are gprs enabled tongue

Hard truth: The good days of cafe business in Nigeria are over forever (sorry to say).
I remember those days we used cafe timers as admins cuz the dumbo server admin didnt change the default admin password cheesy
Or the days when we used tickets (i think thats wht they're called) and saved some time in them for later and almost want to die when we forget our tickets in our pockets and wash the clothes.
Yay those very good days when I will dilly dally round a cafe owner to repair his systems so i can get free time

Mehn 9ja don grow o! kai!!

Brotha, think beyond the cafe box, spread your tentacles.
even boys are not smiling. Free browsing every where is one of the course. Subscription to monthly plan to service providers also included, he also made mention that some have been introduced around him which is lower in price, i suggest you do a promo for a month and see what happens.
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by Nobody: 8:59am On Mar 12, 2010
Hi hi,

I will be candid with you. Mobile networks are posing a very serious threat to the existence of Cybercafes. Imagine with just N500 I can browse for a whole day! The only sets of people who still go to Cybercafes are those who don't have laptops or desktops at home, or have a grps modem or maybe for one reason or the other mainly because of having a heavy download to do. So to survive you must have a large bandwith, love-vendor your cafe with AC/ television.
My advice is try and set up other services in your cafe besides Internet browsing. Do stuffs like laptop format and repair, antivirus installation, laptop backup, mobile phone music download and application installation. You have to upgrade yourself and learn new skills. A lot of people are having problems with their laptops especially with driver installation, and Antivirus updates. Also offer your services to these business centers who use Computers, be their consultant.
Try and exploit these areas I suggested. I can assure you, your business will pick very fast.
If you need books let me know I will give you a link where you can get thousands of books on Windows or Linux, or perhaps send you the ones I have.

Cheer up!
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by Nobody: 1:27pm On Mar 12, 2010
Dual core is absolutely right about the fact that the good days of cafes are over.
now you can get a good phone that will provide you with all your internet browsing needs and CHEAP TOO!!!
you have to evolve with time as going to internet cafes will slowly die out(or at least you wont make millions out of it)!
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by WafiJoe(m): 1:45pm On Mar 12, 2010
They are all right like I earlier state hookup with the right brother, where I work we make an average of 8-28,000 everyday, depending on the season. You know peeps still do alot. Not and i repeat not just internet browsing, you need to offer alot, our cafe section makes even lower than 3,000naira.

@DualCore

Please remove my email from your post.
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by adaspire: 2:41pm On Mar 12, 2010
sfactor,

thank you i need those ebooks. pls send them to me. my email address adaspire@hotmail.com
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by maufunky: 4:08pm On Mar 12, 2010
Maybe your customer service is [b]not [/b]meeting the expectation of your clients. Work on your customer service and things will improve. Someone just opened a cybercafe in my area and a lot of people started patronizing cos he had a very big space and enough computers. But he does not talk to his customers well,doesn't treat his staff well. I'm not being pessimistic, but with the way the guy his going, he might pack up sooner than expected.

Sit down and look at your customer service delivery system. You can get more information on great customer service by researching. i use Google.com. smiley
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by maufunky: 4:11pm On Mar 12, 2010
Maybe your customer service is not meeting the expectation of your clients. Work on your customer service and things will improve. Someone just opened a cybercafe in my area and a lot of people started patronizing cos he had a very big space and enough computers. But he does not talk to his customers well,doesn't treat his staff well. I'm not being pessimistic, but with the way the guy his going, he might pack up sooner than expected.

Sit down and look at your customer service delivery system. You can get more information on great customer service by researching. i use Google.com. smiley
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 12, 2010
Quote from: WafiJoe on Yesterday at 10:32:47 AM
send a mail to info@sawyerrken.com, be fast i will remove my email address from here soon cos of scammers.

Dual Core:

ouch!
now someone has to pay me or worship me before i edit my post, sweeeeeeeet!  cool

Me too!
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by kcreal(f): 4:47pm On Mar 12, 2010
Can't remember the last time i went to cafe,  with Glo, Zain, MTN 3G you can always be online 24hrs. some of my friends and people i know use it too. so it's not your fault, don't complain.
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by alldone(m): 4:58pm On Mar 12, 2010
i only go to the cafe when i have to download video or heavy stuff and beside i bougt a starcomms that the cafe i go useit is very fast.
no more cafe. infact i'm planning to have a cafe that will pay what i use monthly.

you need to add other things to the cafe learn more on creating internet wealth and add it to what u do.

u will create market for urself.

and good customer service will also help
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by sun4sure: 5:03pm On Mar 12, 2010
My brother it is normal you will be disturb seeing your source of livelihood dying ;but the bitter truth is just that :the "internet planet in Nigeria has moved to the next phase where:" emphasis is now on the disjoint mode of operation"just as it is in advance nations,  it will interest you to know that :most internet (cafe) activities are now often done INDOORS via phones and its extended families being laptops,palmtops e.t.c,all these are factors not neglecting the roles of MTN,GLO, ZAIN etc whose network has triggered it availability in almost every home.  So if you are in this line of business , location will be a major determinant.But be that as it may, with GOD;e goooooooo better!!!
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by obaf(m): 5:19pm On Mar 12, 2010
Hey, Cafe still works, Have been running one for over a year now, although so many challenges. So many people go into business because other people are making money from it. any business you going into, let it be ur dream, not because other people are making money from it.
Major things to consider:
1. Location
2. Internet Service- reliability and cost
3. Your system's efficiency and environment
4. Your flexibility to change things around you.
5. Creativity and neatness.

if only u can work more on these things, it will be better off.
Sometimes you have to move out of your location, there are places they are looking for internet service. No matter what you will get your own, but note, there is no free money in circulation now, so most businesses are affected, yours inclusive. think of more business to add up but your income will definitely increase with time,  shocked
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by dvd(f): 5:23pm On Mar 12, 2010
@Poster. If you ve enough space, add other stf 2 spice it up. Like GAME ARCADE, PREMIERSHIP VIEWING CENTRE AND do a promo to your customers, U DO HAVE THEIR DETAILS RIGHT?
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by DualCore1: 5:38pm On Mar 12, 2010
Add PHP bulk mailer apps on ya PC plus SMTP and make the cafe YY friendly.  tongue Sorry, na 9ja corrupt ma thinking, i used to be sane when I was doing time outside this country.
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by justin04(m): 5:38pm On Mar 12, 2010
Cafe owners need to wake up and smell the coffee. Cafe business is becoming extinct. An average household that is computer savy now has atleast one laptop in the home. The phone companies are making internet cheaper daily. Also, with smartphones gaining in popularity, it spells doom for cafe owners. Yahoo boys now conduct business from their laptop, they can't risk being raided at a cafe. Everything that goes up must come down, this is why people need good business plans and back up, don't rest on your laurels, the world will catch up to you. To those who are still making money in the cafe business, it is a matter of time before you start feeling the pain of the poster.

My 2 cents or my 2 kobo.
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by samcc30(m): 5:43pm On Mar 12, 2010
but in Switzerland when u get home phone u r entitle  to free internet, yet lot of cyber cafe r there with five dollars per hour, why Nigeria so different  im facing same problem im my cafe
but still thanking God for mine
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by DualCore1: 5:49pm On Mar 12, 2010
samcc30:

five dollars per hour,
shocked iraqi dollars? tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Brand New Hp G6 Laptop 4 Sale(abuja) / Are You Sick And Tired Of Windows? / UK Used Elitebook Folio 9470 And 9480 Core I5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.