Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,792 members, 7,817,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Did You Ever Watch The 15 Member Voltron Force series ? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Did You Ever Watch The 15 Member Voltron Force series ? (1123 Views)

Have You Ever Watch A Movie That Makes You Cry?what Is The Title Of The Movie? / Did You Ever Watch Agbara Nla? / Voltron Defender Of The Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Ever Watch The 15 Member Voltron Force series ? by tundewoods(m): 5:36pm On Jan 21, 2008
Did anyone here ever watch the 15 member voltron force episodes ?

I know this may sound rather strange but funny enough i remember watching this series around '84 - 85.

Pitch's twin brother was a member of this 15 member voltron force.It's funny that when i returned to Nigeria in the late 80's and early 90's that none of my friends and school mates never believed me,when i told them about the other 15 member voltron force.

Here's an article i got from wikipedia relating to the 15 member team voltron force

Vehicle VoltronLater episodes were based on the 1982 series Armored Fleet Dairugger and they changed the storyline considerably.
In this iteration of Voltron, the Galaxy Alliance's home planets have become overcrowded, and a fleet of explorers has been sent to search for new planets to colonize. Along the way, they attract the attention of the evil Drule Empire, long engaged in an ongoing war against the Alliance, and the Drules proceed to interfere in the mission of the explorers and the colonists. Since the Voltron of Planet Arus was too far away to help the explorers, a totally new Voltron is constructed to battle the Drule threat.

This Voltron team consisted of 15 members, who were divided into three teams of five, known respectively as the Land, Sea and Air Teams. Each team was specialized in gathering data or fighting in their area of expertise. Each team could also combine their vehicles into a bigger machine, with each combined vehicle differing amongst the three teams. These fighters were:

The Aqua Fighter (Sea Team)
The Turbo Terrain Fighter (Land Team)
The Strato Fighter (Air Team)
When necessary, all 15 vehicles combine to form the mighty Voltron. This Voltron in the toyline was referred to as Voltron I (also called the Vehicle Team), possibly due to it being closer to Earth than the more popular Voltron III (or Lion Force Voltron).

Watch a video clip of the 15 member voltron team on you tube

Re: Did You Ever Watch The 15 Member Voltron Force series ? by Saipro(m): 7:00pm On Jan 31, 2008
I guess you're one of a lucky few - or simply one of the few I've met - who've known more than on variant of Voltron.

Cheers!
Re: Did You Ever Watch The 15 Member Voltron Force series ? by Saipro(m): 7:04pm On Jan 31, 2008
And you're sure right about the timing. Premiered sometime between February & April I seem to remember. Not sure whether '83 or '84 now.

Have you any clips or links to clips of the "Voltron of automobiles"? I'm a collector of anime.
Re: Did You Ever Watch The 15 Member Voltron Force series ? by Raymond88(m): 9:52pm On Jan 31, 2008
This must be the Chinese imitation. tongue

(1) (Reply)

Your Favourite Tv Personality / Gulder Ultimate Search 9: Registration Begins! / Former First Lady Of United States, Nancy Regan Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.