Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,114 members, 7,821,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Voltron Defender Of The Universe - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Voltron Defender Of The Universe (17986 Views)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Marvel Cinematic Universe / Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Jairzinho(m): 4:29pm On Dec 24, 2007
Pls if you grew up in Naija & u enjoyed Voltron ,lets reminisce here wink
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by tayoccu(m): 5:53pm On Jan 10, 2008
rumor has it that they're still making episodes of voltron till this very day.
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Gamine(f): 12:18am On Jan 11, 2008
Voltron!

still my best manga/anime thingy, till this day!!!!!!!

U mess, seven akara form voltron! lol

in my house we always choose our best lions through our fav colours

i loved red alot then, i didnt even like the princess

but i actually liked the evil prince, lol~!
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by grafikdon: 2:18am On Jan 14, 2008
LOL, I loved 'em like that!
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Aussie(m): 6:47am On Jan 16, 2008
The evil prince was never defeated in battle. Always absconding promising to return to destroy Voltron.
The sorcerer to the evil prince was very ugly with feaful look and bitter laughter.
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by dominique(f): 1:42am On Jan 17, 2008
This brings back a lot of memorie, infact the theme song is playin in my head right now. My fav lion is the pink one
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by dominique(f): 1:43am On Jan 17, 2008
This brings back a lot of memorie, infact the theme song is playin in my head right now. My fav lion is the pink one
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by ikamefa(f): 1:49am On Jan 17, 2008
loved voltron defender of the universe
kiss

Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by dominique(f): 1:49am On Jan 17, 2008
The evil prince is so fine wit that long white hair and those eyes. Dont you just luv to hate him.
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Nobody: 11:09am On Jan 17, 2008
the very best cartoon ever. the cartoons they have now have nothing on voltron force
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by spoilerx: 11:20am On Jan 17, 2008
voltron rocks
i think my best guy was their 1st captain,the 1 dat wears black.
he got captured by lotor,dats why the princes started flying the blue lion.cuz the blue guy took over the black one
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by zukkie4eva(f): 11:21am On Jan 17, 2008
I loved VOLTRON a lot as a child. Couldn't wait to get back from school to settle down and watch it. . .
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by sagitarius(m): 11:28am On Jan 17, 2008
I remember a time when one of d lions was injured & voltron culdn't be formed again,we thot voltron had died . oh, we so cried, embarassed, anyway,voltron was d bomb. pls where can i see it again?
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Ifeniyi22(m): 11:37am On Jan 17, 2008
Voltron was way ahead of its time.One of my best cartoons ever.Would still watch it till this day if i could.Cartoons of today just dont come close. so sad
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Ifeniyi22(m): 11:38am On Jan 17, 2008
FORM BLAZING SWORD grin wink cheesy cool
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by YourFather: 11:40am On Jan 17, 2008
Loved it so much I built all the lions from paper, top tech design, measurements and everything, and I was only like 6 then, Made up my mind then that I was going to study electrical and computer engineering, so I can truly build one when i grew up.

From days of long ago
From unchattered regions of the universe
Comes a legend,

So beatiful memories.
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by suze(f): 11:42am On Jan 17, 2008
Whao, i never used to miss voltron. I loved princess alora.
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by otokx(m): 11:43am On Jan 17, 2008
Feared by ALL, Loved by MANY
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by omena555(f): 11:49am On Jan 17, 2008
yea, i watched voltron while growing up and really loved it. we never used to miss it. cheesy cheesy
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by walcolm(m): 12:07pm On Jan 17, 2008
i think most of the present day asian superhero animations are built on the voltron concept. like someone said, Voltron was way ahead of it time in terms of design

i think voltron is the origin of dat popular children's programcant even remember the name that four guys and a girl driving different high tech automobiles also form one big voltron like superhero. it has both american and asian versions

voltron was really da bomb, it completely overtook G-Force and became the reference point for high tech animations
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by tundewoods(m): 12:08pm On Jan 17, 2008
Vehicle Voltron (Voltron of the Near Universe)

I remember very clearly when growing up,back in 1983,that another series of voltron force use to be showed on NBC and CBS TV stations while i lived in Detroit, Michigan which comprises of a 15 member voltron force that had 3 teams naely Air,Land and Sea.

Pitch's twin brother was a member of this 15 man voltron force.It's funny that when i returned to Nigeria in the late 80's and early 90's that none of my friends and school mates never believed me,when i told them about the other 15 member voltron force.

It seems it was never shown on Nigerian TV,infact i guess the rights where never acquired by NTA back then.

Does anyone here ever watched the 15 member voltron force episodes ? Its been over 24 years i watched that version last but i still prefer the 5 member voltron force comprising of Lion members Captian Key,Lance,Pitch, Hunk and Princess Alura.

Belows the write up on the 15 member voltron force and i've included the picture as well

Vehicle VoltronLater episodes were based on the 1982 series Armored Fleet Dairugger and they changed the storyline considerably.
In this iteration of Voltron, the Galaxy Alliance's home planets have become overcrowded, and a fleet of explorers has been sent to search for new planets to colonize. Along the way, they attract the attention of the evil Drule Empire, long engaged in an ongoing war against the Alliance, and the Drules proceed to interfere in the mission of the explorers and the colonists. Since the Voltron of Planet Arus was too far away to help the explorers, a totally new Voltron is constructed to battle the Drule threat.

This Voltron team consisted of 15 members, who were divided into three teams of five, known respectively as the Land, Sea and Air Teams. Each team was specialized in gathering data or fighting in their area of expertise. Each team could also combine their vehicles into a bigger machine, with each combined vehicle differing amongst the three teams. These fighters were:

The Aqua Fighter (Sea Team)
The Turbo Terrain Fighter (Land Team)
The Strato Fighter (Air Team)
When necessary, all 15 vehicles combine to form the mighty Voltron. This Voltron in the toyline was referred to as Voltron I (also called the Vehicle Team), possibly due to it being closer to Earth than the more popular Voltron III (or Lion Force Voltron).
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Esss(m): 12:09pm On Jan 17, 2008
@ Poster

Thanks for reminding me of my childhood days. Voltron was the bomb. Back in the days I could even draw the sword. My fav was the red lion. I wonder what ever happened to that anime. I always use to wait by the T.V every tuesday or was it thursdays at 4p.m for my weekly does of voltron. those were the days.

It would be a dream if I could lay my hands on the entire serie. I pity the present cartoon network generation kids, they sure missed a true classic.

Voltron was truly the defender of the Universe.
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by tundewoods(m): 12:11pm On Jan 17, 2008
Illustration of the 15 member voltron force

Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by ono(m): 12:27pm On Jan 17, 2008
walcolm:

voltron was really da bomb, it completely overtook G-Force and became the reference point for high tech animations

G-Force was called Battle of the Planets at the time, I guess.

So, we are this many that loved Voltron. I tot I was the only one that loved the sci-fic cartoon adventure.
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Carlosein(m): 12:30pm On Jan 17, 2008
YEA! Voltron was one of my many favourites those days. cool

@dominique:
the lions were red, green, blue, yellow and black (not pink)

YourFather:

Loved it so much I built all the lions from paper, top tech design, measurements and everything, and I was only like 6 then, Made up my mind then that I was going to study electrical and computer engineering, so I can truly build one when i grew up.

From days of long ago
From unchattered regions of the universe
Comes a legend

So beatiful memories.

From days of long ago, from unchatted regions of the universe,
comes a legend, the legend of VOLTRON-a mighty robot,
loved by good, feared by evil.
As voltron's legend grew, peace settled across the galaxy,
on planet earth a mighty alliance was formed, and together with the good planets of the solar system,
they maintained peace throughout the universe,
until a new horrible menace threatened the galaxy.

and on and on and on wink
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by realdemi(f): 12:32pm On Jan 17, 2008
Sure brings tears to my eyes. The memories are simply unforgettable. I can't ever forget Voltron. I'm trying to remember any Cartoon (past or present) that compares. I can't think of eeeny. Okay, i love Speed Racer too.
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Carlosein(m): 12:35pm On Jan 17, 2008
ono:

G-Force was called Battle of the Planets at the time, I guess.

So, we are this many that loved Voltron. I tot I was the only one that loved the sci-fic cartoon adventure.

we are many that loved not only voltron but G-force, speed racer and whispers atom ant  grin grin
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Carlosein(m): 12:41pm On Jan 17, 2008
continues:

Voltron was needed once more and this is a story of the super force of space explorers,
5 specially trained and sent by the alliance to bring back:

VOLTRON-DEFENDER OF THE UNIVERSE!!!

wish they could really bring back voltron. grin
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by delegiwa(m): 12:52pm On Jan 17, 2008
[b][/b]All of una lucky well well oh. Me na for story I dey hear Voltron when I go school, I neva take eye see wetin voltron look like as we no get telefision for house. Anybody like me on this forum?
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by babybunmi(f): 1:20pm On Jan 17, 2008
smiley ummmmm Voltron happens to be one of my favorite cartoons on TV. shocked can still rem the evil lion that refused to be defeated, ohh its fun watching it. I wudnt mind to watch it all over again if brought back on air.
Gone r those days wn we v such a wonderful cartoon shown on TV!!!!
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by sesman(m): 1:37pm On Jan 17, 2008
oh wow!! voltron, they don't make em like that anymore do they, it was a really great show, i just checked on amazon website and they've the dvd sets volume 1 for about £4, i am getting it now, lol
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Carlosein(m): 1:39pm On Jan 17, 2008
hey see what i found on youtube click on this link (especially delegiwa) grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZZv5Z2Iz_s

don't you just love voltron?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

BBNaija: Eloswag Wins Head Of House Game - Week 4 / Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? / Chronicles Of Eze (Skit Series) - Episode 1-5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.