Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year- Sanusi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year- Sanusi (12087 Views)

New Petrol Price: A Shift From Subsidy To Profit Making / FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre / Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year- Sanusi by Arobam: 8:34am On Oct 12, 2012
grin grin grin funny enough. People are already paying the much dreaded post subsidy price so what else?
In so many places in the south east, fidel sells far higher than 90 Naira so what s the difference? Why not remove it at once?
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year- Sanusi by Toks2008(m): 8:35am On Oct 12, 2012
uzomagic:
You don't understand it that way. What is subsidy in the first place? Government pays our balance of importation and selling at regulated prices. When you cease to regulate price,mots deregulation.

MUST WE IMPORT?
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year- Sanusi by Rooneyboy(m): 8:36am On Oct 12, 2012
This sanusi of a guy must truly be the devil's incarnate .

Why is he always good @ releasing statements that aren't pleasant to the masses ?

I have noticed that he derives so much JOY in doing this.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year- Sanusi by rman: 8:36am On Oct 12, 2012
It now clear what is responsible for the scarcity and unofficial price increase being experienced nationwide.
We are psychologically being prepared for subsidy removal.

It is well
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year- Sanusi by JubalTheophilus: 8:36am On Oct 12, 2012
since Nigerians r divided on this discuss . It is obvious that fuel subside will finally come to stay . But our government r just not getting it right . Does this mean our refinarys can not b put to its full potentials & moden 1's builth to meet d demand of Nigerians without the removal of fuel subsidy ? what will b will b... Make we dey watch d movie .
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year- Sanusi by Okijajuju1(m): 8:37am On Oct 12, 2012
Toks2008:

MUST WE IMPORT?

For now we have to... When the investors see an open market, they will build their own refineries..
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year- Sanusi by Martini101(m): 8:37am On Oct 12, 2012
why does this mallam always like being in the news 4 policies against the people?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year- Sanusi by hustla(m): 8:37am On Oct 12, 2012
You know one very surprising thing is, Government still says there's no money,they never pay on the 1st of every month,buh yet,you hear billions of naira missing.... Where does that come from?

How much wl it cost to build new refineries? E sure me die say 1 no fit reach 100billion naira.. Personally,I'd prefer the military to come back abeg,kill all these rogues and force things back down..

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year- Sanusi by sunkoye: 8:38am On Oct 12, 2012
let them remove fuel subsidy but subsidize staple food. then am Good!

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year- Sanusi by warrior01: 8:42am On Oct 12, 2012
Druss:

Where from? I have never bought for above 97.5 naira in Lagos.
most filling stations in lagos sell pms btw 110-120 unless you don't really live in lagos
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year- Sanusi by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 12, 2012
Rooneyboy: This sanusi of a guy must truly be the devil's incarnate .

Why is he always good @ releasing statements that aren't pleasant to the masses ?

I have noticed that he derives so much JOY in doing this.

This is because majority of nigerians have been programmed by the elite to live in lies, and believe it is the truth.
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year- Sanusi by controlseven: 8:43am On Oct 12, 2012
Total removal of fuel subsidy will be a good riddance to bad rubbish! Nigerians have suffered more under this guise. I hope the NLC and TUC will support GEJ this time round because the picture is clearer! This will signal the end of artificial scarcity and hoarding. The POWER sector should be next!
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year- Sanusi by Standing5(m): 8:43am On Oct 12, 2012
For those arguing that fuel is still selling above its of price of N97, don't be fooled, even if all the subsidy is removed corruption factor of Nigeria will not gauranty us a fair and stable price. If you think i am lying just look at what Dangote and few top government officials did to cement last year. Nigerians open your eyes.
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year- Sanusi by Okijajuju1(m): 8:47am On Oct 12, 2012
hustla: You know one very surprising thing is, Government still says there's no money,they never pay on the 1st of every month,buh yet,you hear billions of naira missing.... Where does that come from?

How much wl it cost to build new refineries? E sure me die say 1 no fit reach 100 billion naira.. Personally,I'd prefer the military to come back abeg,kill all these rogues and force things back down..

[b] Dont be short sighted.. The military you are advocating are the ones that f`ucked us up to this point.. The importation of fuel started since way before civilian rule.. We have no money.. Salaries must be paid, roads must be built, Next year, food must be imported and in extra-large quantity, HEALTH CARE must be subsidized, The Armed Forces must be eqipped, Security needs a shiit load of money,other projects must be financed, our debt must be re-paid.. Yet we are wasting billions on subsidizing fuel for the middle - upper class, paying amnesty to criminals and financing the largest association of irrelevant thugs ever seen in this country (THE SENATE & REPS).

Dont encourage the government to invest in refineries.. the ones that they already have are all falling apart. Let them sell them off, deregulate the downstrem and act as a monitoring body to check quality and other stuff like that... Let what happened in telecomms happen in Oil & Gas.. NITEL was so screwed up that the companythat bought it couldnt even ressurect it from the grave..

Okija juju supports the removal of Subsidy from fuel & Education..
[/b]

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year- Sanusi by KINGwax(m): 8:48am On Oct 12, 2012
citizenisb: "I was at Abuja mid way last month for a conference held Transcorp Hilton, a former school mate who happens to be a bit high up there at the ministry of finance told me how the Finance Minister has succeeded to blocking most the leakages that supplied monies into theirs own and others pockets so much that BDC operators are complaining of very low patronage!!!

He told me pointblank that the House of Reps are kicking this hard against Jonathan because they not able to get what other before them were collecting (even up to their immediate predecessors in office) and the taking away of the constituency projects from them (except that they decide the type, scope and location of these projects). This has been a very bitter pill for them to swallow!

Governments after governments have been giving the legistors the monies for constituency projects and no project gets executed anywhere, except for a couple of bore-holes here and there, but Jonathan’s government changed that! Now, whether the implementation of these projects are fast or slow, at least something is being done all the same unlike before now!"
and what benefit has that accorded the masses? These people only waste our money! What fuckin improvement are we experiencing? Tell me jö
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year- Sanusi by onyewec3: 8:49am On Oct 12, 2012
nomshu: Hi Guys, To my greatest point of view, this is a remarcable achievement that i know Goodluck administration had achieved. can someone in the house concour?
I concur....good pple usually do unusual things....ride on GEJ
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year- Sanusi by KINGwax(m): 8:51am On Oct 12, 2012
citizenisb: "I was at Abuja mid way last month for a conference held Transcorp Hilton, a former school mate who happens to be a bit high up there at the ministry of finance told me how the Finance Minister has succeeded to blocking most the leakages that supplied monies into theirs own and others pockets so much that BDC operators are complaining of very low patronage!!!

He told me pointblank that the House of Reps are kicking this hard against Jonathan because they not able to get what other before them were collecting (even up to their immediate predecessors in office) and the taking away of the constituency projects from them (except that they decide the type, scope and location of these projects). This has been a very bitter pill for them to swallow!

Governments after governments have been giving the legistors the monies for constituency projects and no project gets executed anywhere, except for a couple of bore-holes here and there, but Jonathan’s government changed that! Now, whether the implementation of these projects are fast or slow, at least something is being done all the same unlike before now!"
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year- Sanusi by Bukkyade: 8:51am On Oct 12, 2012
It's a gradual process, I see this government taking us to a better Nigeria.keep the good work going GEJ
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year- Sanusi by KINGwax(m): 8:51am On Oct 12, 2012
Okija_juju: I support the removal of the subsidy.. BUT Mr. Sanusi, tell Jonathan that it will fail again like it didearlier this year.. No awareness campaign and we are two months away from next year..
we're already buyin fuel at N120, make the fools leave it like dt.
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year- Sanusi by solgee(m): 8:54am On Oct 12, 2012
Ok
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year- Sanusi by Louis88: 8:56am On Oct 12, 2012
Subsidy is something that must eventually go,we know that we are blessed with crude oil,but the truth is that no govt which wants to grow its economy will be subsidizing petroleum imports,why not set in place policies which will boost establishment of refineries in the country,remove subsidy and subsidize the value chain of crude to fuel,so many job creation opportunities,so many entrepreneural opportunities for investors,i see a bright future and th beutiful part of it all is the fact that this govt is hell bent on getting it right,madam Iweala,more grease to your elbows,ride on.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year- Sanusi by KINGwax(m): 8:58am On Oct 12, 2012
Druss:

The fuel subsidy is not stalling the development of anything. The only thing is government want to reduce its responsibility to the Nigerian people. Unfortunately they have not realised for this thing to work - the standard of living in Nigeria has to rise higher. Government has to prepare a workable and viable vision for the future, sell that vision to Nigerians and other stakeholders and implement it.

The current leadership has shown they lack the integrity, communication skills and will to do such!
Sure P self never Sure Pass. Which idea do u think this clueless government go sell? Sure Poo?
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year- Sanusi by gp66(m): 8:59am On Oct 12, 2012
I am happy to see that most Nigerians are beginning to understand the market forces of DD and SS. I hv been advocating for d total deregulation of d downstream sector, but some blind men has been calling us names. Now we ar paying almost desame price when it was removed totally. Pls, when next subsidy is removed lets just thank GEJ and only folo up the SURE-P. I will appeal that we bear d hardship a little and reap d long run dividend. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year- Sanusi by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 12, 2012
We are now realizing the things I was preaching since last year. I know folks who turn multibillionaires overnight due to the subsidy scam. It needed to go! The fraud is just too big to imagine.
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year- Sanusi by uzomagic(m): 9:08am On Oct 12, 2012
Toks2008:

MUST WE IMPORT?
We must not import. Importation kills local industry. That is why govt seriously desires to end this subsidy regime which remains a high boost for importation.
If you don't remove subsidy. Importation will continue to be the real deal. No body will be willing to invest a kobo in private refineries.
And the place of private sector driven markets cannot be overemphasized especially in a country that has a bad public sector attitude.

But till we remove hand from subsidy, we will continue to import as Okija juju rightly pointed out
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year- Sanusi by Wadosky(m): 9:09am On Oct 12, 2012
I was formerly against the subsidy removal because govt should repair the refineries first to ease the impact it will make on common nigerians but today I believe what happened in the telecommunication will apply to the oil sector so far govt doesn't impose heavy taxes on these private companies.
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year- Sanusi by Born2beRich1(m): 9:11am On Oct 12, 2012
May God help us from these leaders...is it not the same fuel cabal that d government sold PHCN to..e.g otedola? They are holding every sector to ransom and nothing we can do.
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year- Sanusi by Clemzy16(m): 9:11am On Oct 12, 2012
Occupy ALUU Nigeria 2013
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year- Sanusi by jeezybuck: 9:11am On Oct 12, 2012
MALLAM or ABOKI SANUSI OR WHATEVER, YOU WILL DIE IN A MYSTERIOUS WAY.
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year- Sanusi by Lankaline(m): 9:13am On Oct 12, 2012
Okay,,,when will it come back?
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year- Sanusi by Dpeacemaker101: 9:14am On Oct 12, 2012
Mr CGPA: Bulshit. I have not seen any positive effect of the 50% removal yet and some body is making noise here about total removal next yr. If dts don Nigeria must be bring to a halt. Goodluck should use his sense and know dt d malan wants to spoil his government. Ewu!
do just write comments without think about them, or you are just after condemning the president because other people are doing the same. Atleast, you should observe the government and it's policies on this issues before condemning them. If you are really in this country, you will notice that is these cabals that are faustrating the government policies and making life miserable for us all,cause of their selfish needs.
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year- Sanusi by DANILSA(m): 9:14am On Oct 12, 2012
WHEN I SAID THE SUBSIDY REMOVAL WAS RIGHT I WAS LABELLED A MEMBER OF THE 40 LAPTOP SCREW grin, THANK GOD NIGERIANS NOW SEE WHAT I SAW SINCE LAST YEAR, IT'S NOT LATE THOUGH LET KICK THIS GREEDY CABAL OUT OF THE ECONOMY AND SEE THE ECONOMY GROW wink wink cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria, UK Sign Agreement On Stolen Assets / Maduka In Steady Journey To Agu Awka, Stakeholders, Party Leaders Collapse Stru / Obiano Shows Off His Dancing Skills (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.