Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,061 members, 7,953,212 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:29 PM

The Interlocking Slabs On The Floor Of My House Is Giving Way - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Interlocking Slabs On The Floor Of My House Is Giving Way (831 Views)

Onyx Marble Tiles Slabs And Ustom Designs / BE WARNED ; This House Is For Everybody, Not For Anybody. Picture. / Get Your Marble, Travertine Tiles & Slabs, Blocks Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Interlocking Slabs On The Floor Of My House Is Giving Way by anabellex: 10:57am On Oct 12, 2012
Hello to you all. Pls advise on what I should do. The interlocking blocks on the floor of my house in ajah is giving way and falling in at the fence area. How do I solve this?
Re: The Interlocking Slabs On The Floor Of My House Is Giving Way by emytech: 4:33pm On Oct 12, 2012
This is as a result of poor back-filling b4 laying d locks, all u need to do now is take out d locks and excavate the top soil, do a proper back filling, vibrate d filling b4 fixing back d lock.
Re: The Interlocking Slabs On The Floor Of My House Is Giving Way by anabellex: 3:34pm On Oct 13, 2012
emytech: This is as a result of poor back-filling b4 laying d locks, all u need to do now is take out d locks and excavate the top soil, do a proper back filling, vibrate d filling b4 fixing back d lock.

Thanks Emytech. D guy I contracted it assured me he did a very good job and this prob arose just three years after.
Re: The Interlocking Slabs On The Floor Of My House Is Giving Way by Mowire: 2:55pm On Oct 14, 2012
anabellex:

Thanks Emytech. D guy I contracted it assured me he did a very good job and this prob arose just three years after.
May not be your contractor's fault. There's nothing he could've done about future soil movement, that could've caused the defects you're reporting, at the time. Just do what emytech said. Same can still occur in future, though.

(1) (Reply)

Three and half Acres Of Land In Lagos For Sale / 3 Bedroom Flat For Rent Around Alaba Int'l Market / Land Available For J.v(joint Ventures)@lekki,v/i,ikoyi Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.