Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,554 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle (17144 Views)

Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 / One Of The ALUU 4 Killers Caught. / UNIPORT Students And ALUU Villagers Fighting In Port-Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 17, 2012
muktar mtt: Abby Bahago wrote this:; "I have been thinking about those Christian Terrorists who hacked those four UniPort students to death and all I can think of is 'is this what dey r taught every other sunday? If u r a Christian reading this I know u will b angry and say 'this is nonsense!. Really? Is it really nonsense? Those Aluu Youths killed those boys in cold blood, and since d news has been making waves I haven't heard anyone say O dey r christianist! But after d Mubi killings d tabloids kept on saying 'Islamists' dey r boko haram members. I don't care if dey r boko haram members, but I care a lot if u call dem Islamists. Because some wicked people go on rampage killing others doesn't mean their religion asked dem to. If u wouldn't call those Aluu youths Christianists or attribute their gruesome act to christianity then please don't judge Islam by d activities of some mad people desperate for power and control. If u really believe those Aluu youths did what dey did because, as individuals their hearts r wicked, then u also have to believe dat individually d heart of d boko haram members r wicked. Islam doesn't preach terrorism, No it doesn't. The Prophet of Islam had Jewish neighbours dat he would visit when ever dey fell sick and even his uncle who contributed so much to d course of Islam was neva a muslim. Islam teaches good neighbourliness and d Prophet(Peace b upon Him) is reported to have said 'he is not a muslim he whom his neighbour is not free from his wickedness(tongue) 'he is not a muslim he who does not love for his neighbour what he loves for himself 'he is not a muslim he who's neighbour goes to bed hungry while he's got plenty'. Please study Islam and not d attitude of some crazy people who happen to be muslims. Thanks.please broadcast so as to tell d world that islam is peace..." If you agree with this share.

The chief dt gave d go ahead is a muslim (alhaji), and d likes r bloodthirsty bokoharamite dt hate education.
We know u n ur likes.

1 Like

Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by azimibraun: 7:42pm On Oct 17, 2012
I knw most ppl on nairaland did more and condemed d Aluu Horror more outside nairaland than dey did on NL. Thou Shall not use the name of God in vain. Bt I swear by God, anytime I remembeR d manner in which dis boys die, its either tears comes flowing dwn or I just stop doing wtever am doing and I ddint sleep for d first 3days of seeing dt video. Dnt just judge ppl dis way.. D death of dis boys shocked ppl and dia reactions are genuine and nt pretentious as u think. Only a beast will say d sympathy and call for justice for dis boys are nt genuine.

2 Likes

Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by raycomray: 7:49pm On Oct 17, 2012
Some months ago, I went to a popular bar in my area to have a drink with a friend around 7pm. As soon as I entered the parlor, I noticed a table that was filled with empty bottles of Heineken beer. By my assessment, there were about 3grates of empty bottles and 6 young men sitted on that table. Almost immediately, someone who obviously knew from the table started hailing me "My Chairmo! Oga Raycom! My Oga you Too Much etc etc. On a closer look, I saw a young man who I know as a petty trader. I was quick to ask him, "What the whole merriment was all about?" He responded on a rather incoherent note that
Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 17, 2012
man you gat some wrong. Everyday i have the desire of going to Aluu and teach them some bitter lessons and i know a lotta Nigerians who felt more than i feel in real life so dont say we dont give a Bleep.

2 Likes

Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by Ibime(m): 7:57pm On Oct 17, 2012
raycomray: Some months ago, I went to a popular bar in my area to have a drink with a friend around 7pm. As soon as I entered the parlor, I noticed a table that was filled with empty bottles of Heineken beer. By my assessment, there were about 3grates of empty bottles and 6 young men sitted on that table. Almost immediately, someone who obviously knew from the table started hailing me "My Chairmo! Oga Raycom! My Oga you Too Much etc etc. On a closer look, I saw a young man who I know as a petty trader. I was quick to ask him, "What the whole merriment was all about?" He responded on a rather incoherent note that

This your story been dey sweet. . .
Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by thegeorgy(f): 8:14pm On Oct 17, 2012
on as serious note,am still bothered and very much unable to sleep because of the thought of those boys been brutally murdered.am not just saying it because its nairaland,even this morning i woke up with the thought of them,my husband had to comfort me.i remember loosing my sleep from 1 am till about past 2 am wishing those boys could come back to life,praying that God has mercy on their souls and give them eternal rest....imagine after that gruesome death,humiliation,embarrassment and still not rest in the bossom of the lord,its depressing.....i'm really disappointed in SOME Nigerians for real.what if those boys actually stole a laptop and a miserable blackberry,they dont deserve that kind of death,thats why we have law and justice system.even a politicians and freaking leaders of ours who have been milking us of billions and thrillions of naira have never been mobbed.am not condoning theft,they should be punished but certainly not mobbed and gruseomesly murdered,we are not animals,we are human beings,this is the 21st century not 12th century and thats y there is jail with hard labour etc.community service.our drainage systems are a mess,petty thieves could be made to dig one in the form of community service or clear up garbage which is all over the place.i mean am still shocked and depressed as if i knew those boys.Nigeria on my Nigeria i weep for u....why why why cry

2 Likes

Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by Litmus: 8:16pm On Oct 17, 2012
Purist: I still feel very angry, depressed and largely pessimistic about this country when I think about how those 4 boys were ruthlessly murdered. I have been hoping for justice for past 6 days, but knowing how my country operates, that's the best I can probably do - Hope. Nonetheless, I learnt a few things from the whole debacle.

(2) Most Nigerians are wild animals in human skin. As someone on another thread aptly captured it, "Aluu is just a random location and Boko Haram + Almajiri killings are just opportunistic events, most Nigerians are capable of these vices." This statement was made very evident here on Nairaland by people who strongly expressed their belief that jungle justice for jungle justice is the most appropriate method to level things out. They saw absolutely no problems with cursing and destroying an entire community for the sins of a few.

So what have you Learned from the following (apologies in advance for the gruesome images) ALL RIP

GHANA

[img]http://img.modernghana.com/thumb.aspx?img=XGltYWdlc1xjb250ZW50XGUzOGxkNTVjYnZfdGhpZWYuanBnfDc1MHwxMC8xNy8yMDEy[/img]

South Africa

[img]http://4.bp..com/-iMzfDhxp8hA/ToTk4KdlZVI/AAAAAAAAAy4/5l-dfapHx5U/s1600/necklace.PNG[/img]

[img]http://api.ning.com/files/lbvu*QXR4bMNZg-*ht2UiIY406EEiXkpPPQWPaGLlfEqI-llaAczw5p4AsmvgPV-CjGyxaYieuY2qf6VRIXdHJG2OuzrOu-j/xenophobicattacks.jpg[/img]

HAITI

India

Kenya

USA

[img]http://filipspagnoli.files./2010/03/event_omaha_courthouse_lynching.jpg?w=495&h=364[/img]

[img]http://www.english.uiuc.edu/maps/poets/g_l/lynching/lynch_01.jpg[/img]

[img]http://filipspagnoli.files./2011/10/the-lynching-of-thomas-shipp-and-abram-smith.jpg?w=600&h=567[/img]

Pakistan

Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 17, 2012
@Litmus: thanks for those pics..

the aluu4 happened within nigeria. Let's fix ourselves so we can sit back and call others savages..

1 Like

Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by raycomray: 8:57pm On Oct 17, 2012
Some months ago, I went to a popular bar in my area to have a drink with a friend around 7pm. As soon as I entered the parlor, I noticed a table that was filled with empty bottles of Heineken beer. By my assessment, there were about 3grates of empty bottles and 6 young men sitted on that table. Almost immediately, someone who obviously knew me started hailing me "My Chairmo! Oga Raycom! My Oga you Too Much etc etc. On a closer look, I saw a young man who I know as a petty trader. I was quick to ask him, "Bros, What is this whole merriment  all about?" He responded on a rather incoherent note, " ...that a particular young lad had attacked him the night before and dispossessed him of this handset and wallet and that this night, he will be storming the guys house with his men to show him that he is not a ju man" he said. When I looked round the table, It became clear that "my guy" had recruited the services of hit men, aka "cultist", to retaliate for the humiliation and loss of valuables the previous night. Now, trust me, I quickly intervened by making it clear to this young man the inherent risks involved in such a strategy that he had deviced. I did not mince words in cautioning the so called hit men as well. At end of the day, I was able to discourage them and above all disperse them pronto.

The day I heard about the Aluu killings, this short story above flashed through my mind. I could recollect vividly that I marshaled certain  points to those young men that night and at the end, i was asking them the following questions:
1)- what if u get there and the person you are planning to attack has a gun and he shoots any one of you in self defense?
2)-what if u get there and in the ensuing fracas, one of u stabs or shoots the guy to death?
3)-what if you guys are mistaken for criminals and the local vigilante or police arrives the scene?
 When neither the young man nor his mercenaries could get me any answers to my questions, I simply suggested that i would call a police friend  at the Divisional Police Station who could help them handle the matter if need be. I was surprised that, immediately, they all concurred to my line of reasoning. But, few minutes before I arrived, they were, all, individually and collectively, threatening fire and brimstone. They even went further to advise me not to bother about going to the station, after all, it was only a Nokia1280 and about 3800naira were stolen by the alleged miscreant. "so why all the brouhaha?" they retorted .

All these while, I have continued to see the very many mistakes made by almost all the parties to this horrible incident. But, my first blame will go to the Police  and and Judicial system in this country.  If people know that they could  get expedited justice whenever they are aggrieved, then all these jungle justice would not have taken place. 

These young men, first and foremost had resorted to self service, so sad, they were ironically, paid with the same coin they wanted to use to pay some one else. Self Service, begets Jungle Justice. They wanted to intimidate their "debtor" which ought not to be, but the larger, warped, society which they belong, paid them in thier own coin.

I feel so sad to see such handsome and promising young fellows mowed down in such a heinous manner. When I listened to their mix tape " ain't no love in the city"', I wept. We have lost promising young men who could have challenged the likes of MI, Tuface, Psquare etc.  

May the Good Lord accept their souls.

Amen!

6 Likes

Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by SisiKill1: 9:01pm On Oct 17, 2012
musKeeto: @Litmus: thanks for those pics..

the aluu4 happened within nigeria. Let's fix ourselves so we can sit back and call others savages..

Was there was a public call for The Person with the MOST Gruesome pictures and some of us missed it. . .because I am not sure what point he is trying to make here.
Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by Litmus: 9:06pm On Oct 17, 2012

You're right, it's just that one gets the impression people with planks in their eyes are blindly cuing up to take a swing at us.
Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 17, 2012
Am jus imaginin being hit at d back of d head(especially d ogo part) u cud loose consciousness immediately,as if dats is nt enof pain,they stil went ahead n burnt dem alive,mehn, dos boys suffered slow n torturin pains,wat a way 2 die. RIP
Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 17, 2012
Purist: I still feel very angry, depressed and largely
pessimistic about this country when I think about how those 4 boys were
ruthlessly murdered. I have been hoping for justice for past 6 days, but
knowing how my country operates, that's the best I can probably do -
Hope. Nonetheless, I learnt a few things from the whole debacle.

(1) As obvious as it sounds, the Aluu incidence only confirmed that it
is very difficult for most people to think clearly when emotions are
running high. The Aluu savages were guilty of this, and sadly, many
not-so-different supposedly educated and enlightened Nairalanders are
equally guilty of this.

(2) Most Nigerians are wild animals in human skin. As someone on
another thread aptly captured it, "Aluu is just a random location and
Boko Haram + Almajiri killings are just opportunistic events, most
Nigerians are capable of these vices." This statement was made very
evident here on Nairaland by people who strongly expressed their belief
that jungle justice for jungle justice is the most appropriate method to
level things out. They saw absolutely no problems with cursing and
destroying an entire community for the sins of a few.

(3) Most people here that screamed the most are not concerned about the
Aluu 4 per se. Do not be swayed by the cries and shouts of "Burn the
village! Wipe them off the earth!", etc. All those clamouring for a
reprisal attack only seek to satisfy their own blood lust and nothing
else. Outside Nairaland, none of these people actually give a f#ck!

(4) Critical thinking is apparently not our forte in this country. It
bewilders me that only a very few people on all the numerous threads
about this incidence could put forth decent arguments and look beyond
sentiments. It was quite amusing to see that the majority of Nigerians
failed woefully to realise the irony of their clamour for the Aluu
community to be razed down. Advocating the same thing you condemn in
the same breath is the definition of Duplicity. Just like the man who
sets a bomb to prove how peaceful he is.

(5) Nigerians are largely hypocrites who practise their religions very
selectively. I am fairly certain that the vast majority of those who
supported these reprisal attacks all identify strongly with one religion
or the other. In fact, I dare say that most of them belong to the
supposedly mild Christian faith. However, it was quite interesting to
observe how virtually all of them completely disregarded religious
injunctions in favour of their own abhorrent desires. Some even
desperately attempted to use their religious texts to justify their
opinions, despite the very clear positions of these mainstream religions
on killing and revenge. In essence, I particularly learnt in this case
that when the push comes to the shove, most Nigerians - deep deep deep
down inside of them - don't really give a f#ck about the God they all
claim to believe in.

In a nut shell, crass animalism, gross stupidity and sheer hypocrisy
runs rife in my country. These, gentlemen and ladies, are what I
learnt.

i agree with no 3 n 5. its d plain truth, mehn, u rock!
Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by deols(f): 9:52pm On Oct 17, 2012
I especially agree with point no.5

I have said it over and over again that majority of Nigerian christians, especially the religious section of Nairaland activists would do worse than boko haram if given the same oportunity.

Their hyppcrisy is so Obvious, a blind man could tell it!

1 Like

Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by Callotti: 10:15pm On Oct 17, 2012
chosen04:

I respect you alot, but kindly dont insult the spirt of the "MUBI 50" with his your above point. I can hear the silent voices of those innocent "MUBI 50" asking you if they too kept late nights.

That MUBI saga. . . .?
Please. . . no comparison ABEG.
At least. . . If I were to choose how to die. . .I would prefer the MUBI route.
Despite the horrific nature and senseless motives.
Please, don't compare.
Many respects too.
This ALUU mess. . . is the ULTIMATE, SATANIC, ORCHESTRATED EVIL. . . .A TABOO OF ALL PROPORTIONS

My point is that most evil/cowards operate at night.
If these boys had not gone out at night. . . .just perhaps. . . .just perhaps. . .just perhaps. . . .
Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by Callotti: 10:27pm On Oct 17, 2012

AMEN. . . . kiss

seyibrown:

Absolutely incorrect!

I agree! Majority sleep easy because the full reality of what could happen to them, their relative does not confront them! What have the women in government today done about security officials ra/pin/g women in custody? angry What has our government done about extra-judicial killings by our security outfits?

Hmmmmmmm. . . . .Is this the best you can offer to this 'space'?
Are you not MUCH-MUCH-MUCH older than 'PURIST'. . .the OP?
What school did you attend by the way?

I have many questions for you. . . but will stop for now.
No need derailing this thread.
I don't want PA-GURU to mess with my posts! kiss
Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by Callotti: 10:31pm On Oct 17, 2012
mikron: NA U DEY WRETCHED AND WICKED

Thank you!
Next please. cool
Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by CGKing(m): 11:01pm On Oct 17, 2012
I learnt something from the aluu killings:

We live in a society, (Nigeria) that worships the wicked, revere oppressors, afraid of d wicked, but hate good ppl.

2. We have been trained to be cowardly, we only fight vices when its found in the poor n helples. We love easy games.

3. Inspite of how educated we may be, we still fall for the loud dump voice. truth for us,is what the majority says it is.
Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by wiegraf: 11:32pm On Oct 17, 2012
I'm not surprised, with people even stepping up to defend either or both of the aluu mob and the new mob out to persecute the whole of aluu.

Many miss the fact that the outrage reached these levels because they were good looking kids in university and someone (who probably recorded so he could gloat, for once thank eediocy for providing good results) happened to record it. It seems these kid's lives are more valuable then the many others from 'lower' ranks of life who are victims of similar crimes. It also implies that so long as one does not physically see the incident then they don't worry about it.

So we have these, the extreme shortsightedness displayed by people advocating the exact same act which caused their outrage in the first place, along with other points from the op (with some extending imo). Like the selfishness of wanting to exact revenge or censor information because it would make you feel better, not the victim families or future victims. Somehow many people seem to believe that emotional responses are the only good ones because they show you care. Again I, personally, find that notion revolting and incredibly selfish. I don't doubt their intentions but their solutions are patently silly, results are much more important than show.

Anyways, we have a long way to go, perhaps too far. Like someone pointed out elsewhere, until we have the same kind of reaction we've had to this mess to other similar incidents with 'lesser' folk as victims, corruption, intolerance etc, not much is going to change.

1 Like

Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by Nobody: 1:01am On Oct 18, 2012
Am I †ђξ onli one who thinks portharcourtboy Ȋ̝̊̅§ a fool?
Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by yesboss20(m): 1:04am On Oct 18, 2012
I salute the OP for the comment. It was spot on. I believe that the social media of the present day is nt helping us in any way with this "herd mentality epidemic" as a country. It is pitiable because it has eaten very deep into the fabrics that our society is made of: every sector is "poisoned", if I may use dt word.
We need help as a people and as a nation! There is simply no love for the common man these days.
Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by okunoba(m): 4:02am On Oct 18, 2012
@Purist, Thanks for your post, you said it all, Nigerians are mostly ruled my emotions and this is regardless of ethnicity or religion. The nigerian culture if there is one is dominated by violence. To deal with issues we are trained from youth to resolve it through violence, This culture of violence needs to be addressed, the sad bit is the fact that we love pointing fingers at the North, failing to see the savagery in our own society. Life means nothing to us, North or South. How many times have people been lynched in Lagos, Onitsha and many other Southern states, but we love to demonise or Northern brothers, at least they have the excuse of religious brain washing that turns the youths into Zombies ready to be unleashed by our oppressors, but what excuse do we in the South have? It can only be culture and this culture as got to go

What I have learnt is that we need to address our culture of violence as a Nation instead of pointing fingers at the North. Violence breed violence.
Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by Nobody: 6:12am On Oct 18, 2012
Nigerians are so nigerian. Once one person agrees with a post, and the another, then the herd mentality prevails. Every other person must without giving cogent reasons for their support, perhaps without even reading the original post. Yet we accuse others of the same thing we are guilty of.
Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by hrhobi1(m): 7:07am On Oct 18, 2012
@ Poster sorry i came in late, You see i believe sincerely that you are from Aluu community, and your property was among those destroyed hence your anger towards Nigerians. Now You might not be directly involved in the killing of those guys, But please take this advise , You are from a demon possessed community now cursed so migrate away.

Finally, you learnt nothing from the Allu Incident, you are partially insane , trust me on this one.

Your sincerely,

Chief campaign manager Allu will be destroyed by thunder by fire association of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by infogenius(m): 9:44am On Oct 18, 2012
Thank God that is his own opinion.Right from the Bible days people have been behaving this way.We can remeber the story of those that stoned stephen to death.The Mob that attacked and killed Christ.It is not a new occurence as long as blood runs in the veins of Man.If you must know,this situations is not only peculiar to Nigeria and so I will conclude again Nigerians are just human and are not different from those that have lived before and those that will live thereafter.
Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by somegirl1: 8:39pm On Oct 18, 2012
Zeddicus:
My point exactly.
These protests on Nairaland and all over the country on this issue happened because it got massive airplay nothing more.
What is the difference between those boys and the 20+ shot in Mubi? What is the difference between them and those that get lynched everyday all across the country?
Since the MUBI incident, how many threads have been put up asking for the reasons behind the shootings and seeking justice??
Hypocrites.

3 main differences:
1. The boys were tortured like sub-animals.
2. Their ordeal was recorded.
3. Most importantly, they were named. Faces and persons were connected with their names.
Links were provided to their facebook and twitter accounts, links provided to their song.

Pictures of young men full of life next to pictures of the same stripped and bloodied aren't the easiest things to forget.

p.s not every non muslim is a Christian and unlike in islam, going to church, praying and claiming to be a Christian doesn't make one a Christian.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Couple Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Trader In Osun / Accused Person Feigns Insanity, Urinates Inside Courtroom / How I Was Caught In A Group Fighting Scene..share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.