Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers (19114 Views)

A'16 Akwa Ibom Prospective Corpers / Breaking News! NYSC 2015 Batch ‘B’ Prospective Corpers Can Now Check Senate List / NYSC Current Allowance For States In Nigeria (2014) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by ecolime(m): 3:27pm On Oct 16, 2012
bayulll01: at all at all na him bad,but seriously u should be able to save notinx less than 100k during ur nysc my thaught anyway
You are right bro. What kind of business can one do with such an amount?
Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by bayulll01(m): 4:10pm On Oct 16, 2012
ecolime:
You are right bro. What kind of business can one do with such an amount?
baba no sewious biznes wit 100k but wil save u afta nysc u knw beging for tfare to go for job interview and all that until u can lay ur hand on sometinx!!anybody interested in mechanize farming and bioagro development i beg halla
Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by ecolime(m): 4:21pm On Oct 16, 2012
bayulll01:
baba no sewious biznes wit 100k but wil save u afta nysc u knw beging for tfare to go for job interview and all that until u can lay ur hand on sometinx!!anybody interested in mechanize farming and bioagro development i beg halla
Thanks for the enlightenment bro. Asking for money for petty stuffs like T-fare, credit vouchers from family members after service year is quite embarassing. May God make our aspirations come true. Thanks a lot.
Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by kenono(m): 4:22pm On Oct 16, 2012
;DMy own adviice is pray and fast, cos at times the problems we face might be spiritual,tell God to unveil your success in life.grin

1 Like

Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by Ligxy(f): 10:27pm On Oct 26, 2012
binger: u mean first to say nothing? Newbie
Lol
Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by Vincent41(m): 4:58pm On Oct 27, 2012
CY09:
...ehhhm just wana know, what type do you recommend?

carex
Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by bashexyz: 5:00pm On Jan 06, 2013
1. Have more than one source of income.

Repair phones, laptop, bead making, event planning, arts and craft, recharge card selling, doing extra lesson for pupils, jamb lesson etc

2. No extravagant spending.

3. Take at least 2 professional certifications ( computer, physics and engineering corpers this is compulsory for you).

4. Start searching for a job while you serving and if you want to do masters start applying.

5. Make the right connections during service year not after service year.
Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by Bigdreams(m): 12:35pm On Jan 18, 2013
Hi friends in the house,

I want to use this medium to congratulate everyone that is going for service in this batch. I pray that all of us will go and come back in peace. None of us will be missing. None of us will be used as a sacrifice for the progress of this nation. None of us will go and come back dead. None of us will die unfulfilled. None of us will become victims of evil circumstances in Jesus name (Amen).

Having said that, I'll like us to please understand that our service year is a service to humanity. You might say it is a waste of time and resources, you might say you don't give a damn. However, think differently - what is that one thing you can do to impact the life of someone positively? Our service year is not about collecting or receiving, it's about giving. No matter the obstacles or challenges ahead of us, let's all see it as a time we will go out there and help others.

No matter the ethnic and religious divide we face currently in our dear land, we can do our own bit to help others become better than they were before we met them. I know it's not everybody that will reason alongside with me, nonetheless I feel obliged to let you know that posterity will definitely remember you for every act of positive service you'll be giving out during your service year.

While money is very very important, yet it should not be a driving force during our service year. We should be fuelled by passion, compassion and the inner drive to better the lives of others. Wherever we are posted to for our PPA, let's do all we can to humble ourselves before the authorities we meet there in order to learn from them. Even if they are not graduates, our education should not make us see ourselves bigger than we are. Remember, the way up is down. If we do want to get to the top, then we must be ready to humble ourselves and learn all we can so that we can improve the lives of people around us and our lives too.

At the end of our service year, we should be able to look back and say, 'Yes, I put smile on the face of others.'

One more thing before I put a stop to this write-up; no matter your academic grade, learn a skill. Skill acquisition is very important - it might come in very handy before you get a job when you are done with service. Your skill can fetch you money your job cannot fetch you. If you already have a skill or skills, teach others during your service year. You'll not only be impacting them positively but also laying a foundation for greater things as the experience will come in handy anyday, anytime.

By God's Grace, I'm a Website Designer who is involved in Bulk SMS Service Consultancy and Social Media Marketing. My company website is located at www(dot)bigdreamsconcept(dot)com. In case you desire to acquire website design skills before service, I can train you if you are in Lagos for a modest fee provided you have a laptop and are ready to learn. You can reach me via seun(at)bigdreamsconept(dot)com or call 08098086797.

We will all succeed.
Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by IamAthens(m): 11:12am On Feb 13, 2013
idmanzik: Be diligent in your duties - Big things may come in small sizes. Your being diligent at your workplace might land you that dream job tomorrow. Your place of primary assignment may be a secondary school, but the principal of the school may be the wife of a well connected fellow. Just be good!

now thats enuf word....
Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by lexy4me(m): 1:22am On Feb 19, 2013
Pls moderators is serving in lagos state adviceable?
Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by lovelyones(m): 2:04pm On Feb 28, 2013
lumideezle: the Only thing i can advice any kopa shun from experience is that during your service year acquire a relevant skill eg Fashion designing,baking, event decoration, show making ,fixing cars aka mechanic, fixing computers, fixing phones , IT software making, website designing, makeup etc anything you find your passion and you notice that people are willing to part with money for that service or product, please prefect this skill because it would help you a lot. Also forget about all these professional exams here and there people are shouting about.They are only using training fees to rip Nigerians off.Believe me employers do not fall for pro courses anymore what gets you in the door is your skill and what you can do for them not what paper you have to show. you would be surprised the caliber of people you would meet if you can fix phones and the MD of a company phone gets damaged. The fact that you are a graduate would show from the way and manner you approach your Job and your customer service. They would be the ones to ask you about your history and that would be a perfect time to talk about not having a job. in summary Be a Problem solver first and then relax and see how peeps would rush to solve your own problems

This is a right word for all present and past NYSC.You should bear it in mind
that your success will depend on your ability to solve any problem within your
society.
And with this,money keep coming into your pocket and your start to live a comfort
life.
For the Present otondos,Never wait till that last minute hour that you will be doing
your POP [Passing Out parade] rather start something even small today.
To All Past NYSC,Stick yourself to a system and check within yourself,what can
I do for myself even if the Job is not forthcoming.
I wish you all the best in life.
Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by Victosin09(f): 8:45pm On Oct 03, 2013
idmanzik: Be diligent in your duties - Big things may come in small sizes. Your being diligent at your workplace might land you that dream job tomorrow. Your place of primary assignment may be a secondary school, but the principal of the school may be the wife of a well connected fellow. Just be good!

True
Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by tolexfaj(m): 3:32pm On Oct 04, 2013
Nigeria educational system has made us dependent nd stereotypic, I wont blame us all its because of the system and the pressure @ home. Is it a must dat after graduation or Nysc, u must look for job? Lets think.
Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by BabyTee1(f): 3:25pm On Oct 11, 2013
lumideezle: the Only thing i can advice any kopa shun from experience is that during your service year acquire a relevant skill eg Fashion designing,baking, event decoration, show making ,fixing cars aka mechanic, fixing computers, fixing phones , IT software making, website designing, makeup etc anything you find your passion and you notice that people are willing to part with money for that service or product, please prefect this skill because it would help you a lot. Also forget about all these professional exams here and there people are shouting about.They are only using training fees to rip Nigerians off.Believe me employers do not fall for pro courses anymore what gets you in the door is your skill and what you can do for them not what paper you have to show. you would be surprised the caliber of people you would meet if you can fix phones and the MD of a company phone gets damaged. The fact that you are a graduate would show from the way and manner you approach your Job and your customer service. They would be the ones to ask you about your history and that would be a perfect time to talk about not having a job. in summary Be a Problem solver first and then relax and see how peeps would rush to solve your own problems
Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by jckumsy(m): 11:25pm On Oct 21, 2013
[color=#770077][/color]@caesaraba,I do rilli app8t ur advise infact its rill inspiring,more bleSsing 2you
Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by madone: 8:41am On Oct 22, 2013
Thanks people I av been wandering how to face this life of an otondo and come out successful in savings and skills.I had some of my friends who served in nysc 2012 batch A,B,C and its so funny that they could not even buy good clothes for themselves and they cameback almost the same only with story of 19700 not enough to spend, others came back with just android phones I got so scared, I have told them how I intend to save and lead coredraw or photographics but they only laughed
Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by madone: 8:48am On Oct 22, 2013
For those that have served will it e possible ffor me to have a second job aside my ppa? Cos I do decoration,I can paint and create designs on the walls and many other things I hope to make extra cash with this skills I have but don't no how possible it ll be.
Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by martyns200(m): 7:57pm On Oct 31, 2013
madone: For those that have served will it e possible ffor me to have a second job aside my ppa? Cos I do decoration,I can paint and create designs on the walls and many other things I hope to make extra cash with this skills I have but don't no how possible it ll be.

That's a good thought and moreso its allowed and possible so far it doesnt affect ur ppa. Well nysc encourages such as its part of the skills acquisition one learns on Camp during the 3wks, remain focused and try to make Extra cash and excel
Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by saintcy: 2:21am On Nov 03, 2013
bro..... Plz r we to make d back nd frnt foto copy of our call up letter.....?
Re: Words Of Advice For Current & Prospective Corpers by yokiti: 6:04am On Nov 03, 2013
saintcy: bro..... Plz r we to make d back nd frnt foto copy of our call up letter.....?

It is not a standard. You may make it or not. Safe trip down to your state of posting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A'16 Akwa Ibom Prospective Corpers / NYSC Announces Passing-Out Date For 2021 Batch ‘B’ Corps Members / NYSC - Operation Keep Ota Clean CDS Project (Photo )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.