Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,751 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

Gunners: Team Of The Future - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Gunners: Team Of The Future (4257 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by Greatpeter(m): 9:53pm On Apr 18, 2006
Certainly Arsenal is a team of the future.
They have prospects.
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by Vieira(m): 9:17am On Apr 19, 2006
Akolawole:

@Everyone

I like Arsenal's youth policy but where is the youth policies of PSV and Ajax end them?

Dennis Bekgham, Kanu Nwakwo, Wiltord to mention a few

@NightRider

Viera predicted rubbish result for Chelsea maybe he thought he's predicting Arsenal. He is eating his vomit now

Wiltord was not a "star" when he came to Arsenal

Bergkamp was definitely a star and one of the very few including Overmars but these were before the Wenger era.

Kanu, was washed up when he came to Highbury, he was given a 2nd chance by Wenger after his heart problems.
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by Skintite(f): 11:42am On Apr 19, 2006
@akola, u have to b honest on this issue
U know very well arsenal has one of the best youth team for now
If these guys build up in a season or two, it'll surely be a wonder team

As long as they all remain at arsenal
Henry's absence will surely b felt shud he leave
But we will adjust, just like we did vieira

Thats wat makes a great team and a great coach
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by jogego(m): 11:51am On Apr 19, 2006
I dont understand all the wahala with these haters.

Anyone remember when Anelka, Petit, Overmars, Wrighty and Bergkamp were striking fear into any teams? What about the famous backline with Tony Adams and Seaman? Arsenal will always replace players. Anelka was unbelievable at Arsenal but when he left, his career took a downturn. Everybody shoting Thierry, but was he even a striker when he got to Arsenal? No he wasnt, he was a winger and even though his confidence was at an all time low, the highbury faithful kept faith and look at what he has turned into?

Reyes, Van Persie are players of the future and in my mind, they might even need more games to start in to gain their confidence and blossom. As far as am concerned, if Henry wants to go and seat on a bench somewhere, good luck to him all I know is Vieria will be regretting now that he left. If we go ahead to win the CL, he will have to admit publicly that it was a mistake leaving when he did, cos he never thought Arsenal had that extra edge to make it in the champions league.

Tonight, all we need going to Spain for the second leg is a two goal cushion and a clean slate. Seems Villareal are very good at getting away goals. They play quite similar to us, fast and short passes. Will be an enjoyable game, dont know if I have the guts to watch it though.
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by nightrider: 12:01pm On Apr 19, 2006
anelka and viera made terrible mistakes. And the latter is worse of. he was so strong headed and proud. he is now playing crap football in turkey. what about petit and overmars who left for barca because they wanted to win trophies. the didn't win crap and faded out.

vieira has made the same mistake. Just like owen leaving liverpool to search for champions league only for liverpool to win it the season he left.

he is now playing crap football in newcastle and will end up like shearer , great striker no bloody title.(xcept blackburn).

but henry can't sit on the bench at barca. he will fit in perfectly. he can play on the left side , with eto given a free role and ronaldinho behind. it will be fantastic combination.

but arsenal won't go down without him, he will be perfectly replaced.
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by Akolawole(m): 12:42pm On Apr 19, 2006
nightrider:

anelka and viera made terrible mistakes.

Anelka did make mistake courtesy of his brother but Viera was sold

It was not Viera's intention to go, faultless Wenger sold him

Skintite:

@akola, u have to b honest on this issue

I have been honest sir.

Vieira:

Wiltord was not a "star" when he came to Arsenal
Kanu, was washed up when he came to Highbury, he was given a 2nd chance by Wenger after his heart problems.

What do you mean by star?
Wiltord is a already a European championship winner with France before he joined you.

If segun Odegbami or Roger Milla joined Arsenal now, you will still call them UNKNOWN.
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by LoverBwoy(m): 12:58pm On Apr 19, 2006
Viera was basically holding the team to ransome, psychologically thats not good for the whole team!! Viera wanted more money!!! and as u know u pay don't increase with age!

Mr AK , its not that Mr Wenger is Faultless but WE HAVE FAITH in him, we stand by OUR PEOPLE!!!

where are your stars of the future @ CHELSEA? , last i heard mikel obi is texting Ronney n Fabregas grin
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by jogego(m): 1:35pm On Apr 19, 2006
Nobody says Wenger is faultless, but his track record speaks for him. he doesnt buy ready made player, rather he scouts for young players and he molds them, unlike someone who is going to be buying Ballack this summer.

Vieria wanted to go. Where have you been for the past couple of years? Every summer, it was always will he or wont he. As far as am concerned, no player is bigger than the team. If he wants to go, let him go.

If Henry fails to sign a new contract, fine, then he goes. Arsenal will not die. That means Gilberto will be the one leading the team into Ashburton Grove.
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by Vieira(m): 2:00pm On Apr 19, 2006
Jogego help me tall am!

Every season Vieira go dey do shakara as if he wan go and they go increase his wages.

Enough was Enough.

Wenger go an offer and said to him: We have an offer if you want to go, GO!

Wenger does make mistakes but selling Vieira was not one of them.
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by Jayceesh(m): 3:53pm On Apr 20, 2006
I am a new member on here but must hail the folks here, To all Soccer Fans,  To all English Clubs,  To all Premiership Clubs,  but thats where it stops,  The only ones that deserve my next hail,  are the Gunners, 

True! everybody makes mistakes, but Vieira's sale can hardly be called a Wenger mistake,  it was bound to happen with him always being a point of uncertainty every summer.

Moreover without his sale, the true talent of Fabregas will probably not be noticed by now, he looks more indeed on destined for the future
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by Skintite(f): 5:00pm On Apr 20, 2006
@akola,
am not a sir, its maam!
And yes, u are not being honest n rational.

The young guns are no doubt the team to watch out in England
No need to make too much noise, time will tell
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by Akolawole(m): 7:01pm On Apr 20, 2006
Skintite:

The young guns are no doubt the team to watch out in England
No need to make too much noise, time will tell

Yes, they will start becoming champions of England from next season.

Vieira:

Every season Vieira go dey do shakara as if he wan go and they go increase his wages.

He has left your team but the statement is not fair at all.

You know, this is not the first time we will discuss this.

I am out of this thread o.
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by Skintite(f): 9:52am On Apr 21, 2006
Fair enuf akola wink

But o boy ure becomin borin wth ur comments these days o angry
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by belloti(m): 9:32am On Apr 24, 2006
Like it or not Arsenal are probably the best youth team in the world. Check out their average age. i believe in gunners and forever i will.
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by Priscila(f): 10:26am On Apr 24, 2006
the subject is just well defined and I wont add anything lest I spoil this good soup!
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by cabali(m): 2:28pm On Apr 24, 2006
nobody is being balanced on this thread! since the gunners cant see a thing wrong with arsenal then it is being unreseanable. on saturday u could see that arsenal is teamless without henry, they could not beat spurs at home and it took for henry to deliver them from straight defeat!!

meanwhile after the match u could tell henry WILL leave, then what happens?
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by Vieira(m): 2:54pm On Apr 24, 2006
From the mouth of Henry:

"I didn't play at Manchester United, but in the past I've not played against them and we've won. I didn't play against Tottenham last year and we won and against Liverpool last year and we won.

"When we don't [win] people say it's because I wasn't playing but sometimes you just have to accept it.
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by cabali(m): 2:57pm On Apr 24, 2006
that does not hold water, he is just trying to be modest thats all! u all know, arsenal dies as henry leaves!
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by Vieira(m): 3:02pm On Apr 24, 2006
and the times he HAS played and we still lost?
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by Skintite(f): 4:09pm On Apr 24, 2006
Ohooooooooooo undecided
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by cabali(m): 4:13pm On Apr 24, 2006
dont worry we will continue the discussion 5months after henry is out
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by Akolawole(m): 4:21pm On Apr 24, 2006
cabali:

don't worry we will continue the discussion 5months after henry is out

Not at all.

He is a leader in arsenal.

He is a moving spirit but if he leaves Arsenal, life goes on.

He is human anyway.
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by cabali(m): 4:30pm On Apr 24, 2006
i hope that is really the case for the sake of their nasty pride
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by Skintite(f): 11:06am On Apr 25, 2006
Nasty pride
Arsenal?

Plzzzzzzzz think again
i think ure mistakin us for man u or morinho undecided
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by cabali(m): 12:55pm On Apr 25, 2006
mourhino has pride but it aint football nasty! he can be arrogant abt his personality and achievements but am talking abt arsenal fans that can never see any wrong in what the obviously-getting-confused- wenger does
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by Priscila(f): 2:22pm On Apr 25, 2006
Even if Igwe leaves us, we will do with the available resources!
Gunners suffererd a crisis after Vieira left but this time round we have good plans.

To allAnti-gunners-
Failure to plan on your side does not constitute a crisis on our side! We have new stadium and very fresh talent.

We still have youngsters that will conquer whole of Europe soonest!
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by belloti(m): 2:38pm On Apr 25, 2006
i dont think they will ever understand. But Arsenal is just something else.

Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by cabali(m): 3:00pm On Apr 25, 2006
its a good thing we still have time to tell that arsenal aint the team they used to be, since u have all refused to ask why arsenal is not on the first four teams in the league u act like it aint an indication i wonder what the attitude wud be like when u still dont get uefa
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by Priscila(f): 4:56pm On Apr 25, 2006
Attitude or no attitude!
Gunners will prevail
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by Jayceesh(m): 12:48pm On Apr 26, 2006
We may not be in first 4 in the EPL, but we are at least if i am allowed to say it in the Champions League final!

Not a small thing to do if you know what I mean! It takes only two teams to reach the final, we are one of those1
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by lordimpaq(m): 12:54pm On Apr 26, 2006
Well Said, say it loud , let theem heearrr!!!
Re: Gunners: Team Of The Future by Skintite(f): 1:35pm On Apr 26, 2006
@cabali

u very well know wat gunners can do on a good day
strugglin this season just shows how human they are

Wat we are sayin is that we will get back on our feet n be who we used to be
u know we are good n can compete with any tom, dick and watever

We may not be in the top four right now
but we will be by end of the season

wat wud europe be next yr without mighty gunners??
the answer is boring!
Even our worst enemies want us there cos we make soccer exciting

Wat did everton do when they got there?
Tottenham is no match for europe

We will be in our rightful place
by both means also
the CL trophy and being 4th on the table grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Juventus Are Considering A Move Of Manchester United Star To Replace Cristiano / Who Is The Best Finisher In The World? / UCL: Real Madrid Vs Dinamo Zagreb (6 - 2) On 22nd November 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.