Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,322 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Indian, Chinese, Lebanese Companies Treat Us Like Slaves - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Indian, Chinese, Lebanese Companies Treat Us Like Slaves (3102 Views)

Why Do Some Employers Treat Candidates For Interviews Like Thrash? / See How Lagos Women Seeking For Job From SURE-P Turn To Sex Slaves / List Of Lebanese Companies In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Indian, Chinese, Lebanese Companies Treat Us Like Slaves by gbanaje: 6:51am On Jan 22, 2008
The manner of treatment Nigerians get at Indian, Chinese, Lebanese companies is now becoming alarming. They oppress subject us to all manners of of ill treatment. I heard of recently of Bobo foods managed by chinese. Fellow Nigerians these companies treat us like slaves.
Re: Indian, Chinese, Lebanese Companies Treat Us Like Slaves by gbanaje: 7:15am On Jan 22, 2008
I agree with a protest and there must be govt. policies to regulate these guys
Re: Indian, Chinese, Lebanese Companies Treat Us Like Slaves by awa(m): 4:13pm On Jan 22, 2008
[center]Too bad for a big nation like Naija[/center] sad sad sad
Re: Indian, Chinese, Lebanese Companies Treat Us Like Slaves by delivio(m): 8:25pm On Jan 22, 2008
ITS SAD WHEN PEOPLE POST THESE VAGUE UNSPECIFIC POSTS I WORK WITH SOME CHINESE FOLKS AND TO BE CANDID THEY R NICE IF U HAVE R SURE U HAVE A GENUINE CASE BE SPECIFIC ABOUT WHICH COY IS SLAVIN nigerians
if they dont employ Nigerians we shout if they do we shout
when a shot is fired at a crowd it hits an individual be specific

2 Likes

Re: Indian, Chinese, Lebanese Companies Treat Us Like Slaves by jurgita: 6:32am On Jan 23, 2008
i doubt all these grin
Re: Indian, Chinese, Lebanese Companies Treat Us Like Slaves by menix(m): 10:06am On Jan 23, 2008
@deivio, If u work with these Asian pple and u re treated fine that means you are an asset to them,
Can u remember when there was an inferno in one of there companies (Cant remember d coy name) dat nigerians working with them where locked up in the warehouse to prevent them from looting and many were burnt alive few managed escaping by creating a small hole on the wall, And many more that u cant finish reading,
My brother gat some many Asian firms where i work they pay there labourers #200 a day with enough surcharge wen u make mistake.
Re: Indian, Chinese, Lebanese Companies Treat Us Like Slaves by SOJ(m): 11:32am On Jan 23, 2008
maybe u should ask urself how much they pay THIER OWN FOLK,eh?Asian labor is one of the cheapest in the world hence they are prime spots for outsourcing.They wouldnt treat a Nigerian differently as long as he/she is a "laborer" with them. So dont give them a blanket judgement and say they oppress Nigerians abeg.They dont see it that way.Infact, ask any one working with an Asian and they will tell you dat Nigerians are lazy and like to get paid for not working.They will also tell you dat Nigerians like to spend on dressing and image and dont care for important issues. So what do u say to that?
Asians are known globally for thier industry, what are Nigerians known for,eh? tongue

1 Like

Re: Indian, Chinese, Lebanese Companies Treat Us Like Slaves by seunjub: 12:13pm On Jan 23, 2008
Hi Landers, i will say i agree with those of us saying Asians were treating us as slaves. Here in our own country, an indian man working with one of this Indian conglomerate firm killed a mature lady preparing for her wedding last year in Lagos. this indian guy told a guy that he will just give the family money and bury the case while a collegue of him told him that he was at fault that if it is in their country that guy will go to 21 years in prisonment if not death sentence.

The way they treat their people is quite ok. A friend of mine working with an indian firm which i know very well.in this company, indians are paid 2 salaries: foreign allowance (at least 550 dollar) and local salary of nothing less than 70,000 naira per month. they are also given an accomodation, house maid, a driver and car to transport themselves from their house to the office. this company is paying a Nigerian graduate irrespective of your qualification(HND or Bsc) 20,000 - 25,000. they also gave two 18-seater bus as staff bus to over 100 staff in lagos.

All this small boys they brough to Nigeria from India as expatriate Humiliate their house maids and drivers. a driver was sacked because one of the bachelors in the company told him to do what is not part of his job. Many Nigerians working with this company are afraid of being sack by this people because what they will do is go to the adm. dept and told them that sack this person i dont want to see him anymore. They always get angry with any expatriate that is concern with betterment of Nigerians welfare.

In short, they are treating Nigerians like slave in our own land.
Re: Indian, Chinese, Lebanese Companies Treat Us Like Slaves by dipo2much(m): 1:33pm On Jan 23, 2008
ITS SUCH A SHAME THAT WE ALLOW OURSELVES TO BE TREATED LIKE THIS IN OUR OWN COUNTRY. WE MUST CRY OUT AND LET THESE CHINESE KNOW WE CANT TAKE THEIR BULLSHIT NO MORE.

AS FOR ME,I WILL MAKE SURE I LEAVE SCHOOL WITH A GOOD GRADE AND SEE WHAT I CAN DO ABOUT MY MASTERS DEGREE BEFORE I START WORKING.
Re: Indian, Chinese, Lebanese Companies Treat Us Like Slaves by ihesiajulo(m): 3:47pm On Jan 23, 2008
It is a pity we do not have a responsible Government in place. If they are so unlucky to employ me, i'll show them if they try to show me this is NAIJA and we have to let them know that
Re: Indian, Chinese, Lebanese Companies Treat Us Like Slaves by unuigbe(m): 9:58pm On Jan 23, 2008
hi,
delivio it's possible u always put up an eye service thing in thier presence thats why they like u,at the expense of ur fellow countrymen.I have worked with these people for quite sometime and they are animals when it comes to treatment of their nigerian workers,they believe all blacks are thieves.
The lebanesse are even worse,they evade tax and all other levies.I know of a particular restaurant in victoria island at ozumba mbadiwe street who paid the family of a deseased staff who had worked with them for over 20 years the sum of N50,000 FIFTY THOUSAND NAIRA ,YES NO BE SAY THEM SAY ,I WORKED IN THE CASH OFFICE THEN.upon the millions they make every month they never want to let go of their money.Instead of getting help from the govt we get betrayed by them,they always end up in the pockets of these stinking animals in human skin,to add salt to the wound our girls run after them like bees to honey.Until we nigerians learn to love ourselves and stop betraying our brothers and country over afew naira they will always remain our masters in our very own land.CHA
Re: Indian, Chinese, Lebanese Companies Treat Us Like Slaves by gbanaje: 7:05am On Jan 24, 2008
Can anyone do something! Is there any HR regulatory organization in the country? People are working in fear!
Re: Indian, Chinese, Lebanese Companies Treat Us Like Slaves by bodunde: 7:31am On Jan 24, 2008
These korans are the most foolish, selfish, egocentric and useless people i have ever seen on planet earth.Look I have worked with them and i can tell u more about them. they see nigerians as slave tools that is less than human beings. u can remember what happened in one textile mill in lagos where our dear brothers and sisters lost thier lives because of these sensless people. the worst is that they didnt go to school.
Crossexamine these cheap idiots and u will find out that their educational qualification is as good as school cert.
I will comment later.
Re: Indian, Chinese, Lebanese Companies Treat Us Like Slaves by delivio(m): 9:18am On Jan 24, 2008
UNIIGBE
u c that is the issue why cant we keep a discussion objective
the truth is that chinese people have a very strong work ethic so the average nigerian (u 4 instance) is lazy
check it, yes they push u but dont they push themselves as well
u keep sayin one chinese firm and one lebanese firm till, u can have the guts to call specific names based on honest fact u r a part of the problem

1 Like

Re: Indian, Chinese, Lebanese Companies Treat Us Like Slaves by SOJ(m): 1:20pm On Jan 24, 2008
i must say this is one of the dumbest,immature topics av seen on nairaland so far.seems the pple who have been posting so far are still in KG tongue
****pssst! d poster inclusive****
Re: Indian, Chinese, Lebanese Companies Treat Us Like Slaves by menix(m): 2:45pm On Jan 24, 2008
@soj

Hmm, if we are still in KG then u must be in AC (Adult Class)
Re: Indian, Chinese, Lebanese Companies Treat Us Like Slaves by oziane: 3:22pm On Jan 24, 2008
dont mind those asian expertraites if u hav eva worked with yhem u'll regret being a graduate but all the same wetin man go do 4 naija na make God liberate us just on dat :- cheesy
Re: Indian, Chinese, Lebanese Companies Treat Us Like Slaves by ndubest(m): 4:44pm On Jan 24, 2008
All these complains from workers or formers workers of Asian firm, I wonder what you are still doing there

I know you may say that there is no work else where but

what is the Nigeri Labour Congress for

or you dont know there is ministry of Labour and productivity

channel your complains to them, may be they will investigate and if it's true those companies will surely the sanctioned

but the first thing is that you have to be brave enough to name the companies and give specific instances not just generalizing

the easiest way out will be to write it out in a leading Newspaper (like Guardian) as an article or letter but you must be specific

Goodluck guys
Re: Indian, Chinese, Lebanese Companies Treat Us Like Slaves by yankidelta(m): 12:14pm On Jan 28, 2008
aint it d same way nigerians treat nigerians?certainly we thought them how to treat us n now they've perfected it without a doubt.
Re: Indian, Chinese, Lebanese Companies Treat Us Like Slaves by Horlumyde: 2:24pm On Oct 02, 2016
According 2 history,nigerians as a result of gross mis-management of funds led 2 d closing down of companies such as utc,leventis and co.

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Vacancy In A Multinational Company / Lets Discuss High Paying Unannounced Jobs In Nigeria / Ongoing Mass Recruitment At Greenfield Comprehensive Schools Lekki Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.