Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Another Lynching In Warri - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Another Lynching In Warri (22004 Views)

ASP Escapes Mob Lynching After He Raped 9-yr-old Girl / Policemen Arrested Over Lynching Of Students In Badagry / Three Arrested For Lynching Suspected Robbers In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Lynching In Warri by toluxa1(m): 2:08pm On Oct 13, 2012
mrkels:

Btw, the video is off youtube, someone reported it as too disgusting. I still have it on my phone, suggest a site where I ll upload it to andthey won't take it down.

You can upload it on 4shared
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 13, 2012
miketonic: This is one of the reason why i hate Nigeria... anyone can come up to you and accuse u of stealing, and before you know, a group of mob is onto you, with TIRE AND FUEL ready to burn you alive. smh. am soo happy that am in America, thank god, i will never return to thAT GODFORSAKEN COUNTRY,

The boy that opened fire when 'Dark night rises' was showing in a cinema is from where?...that is cruel and barbaric as well and because of that act does it mean America is GODFORSAKEN too? Think b4 u open that ur dirty mouth...medical doctor my foot
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Michky: 2:53pm On Oct 13, 2012
O‘rukky:
. If u r advocatin d death penalty for mobbin, den wot shuld b done to d armed robber in question? Mayb wen dese guyz pay u a visit u will knw wot d meanin of mobbin is.
Don't mind those saying mob action is entirely bad. I don't think they've ever been dealt with by ruthless robbers before.

gentleoyink: disappointing. JUNGLE JUSTICE is entirely bad.

Very shallow.

Billyonaire: The Death Sentence has no justification. Even for murderers, instant death sentence becomes an easy exit for them. Mob justice is always wrong, cos there is no room for defense hearing. So you made no sense my friend.
"Instant death becomes easy exit for them". Right? Dude, most of these guys do not want to die without enjoying their spoils first. I remember when i was robbed some years ago. The guy had a pistol (in a gang of four - one with a double barrel), yet remained obviously jittery for the fear of being attacked by us the victims. Imagine that huh? Besides, have you qiuckly forgotten the powerful vigilante groups of years gone bye: bakassi boys, OPC etc? They were feared by robbers because of treatments like that on y.t.u.be (instant judgement). During their time, safety was 4real. Know what, i do not need to argue any further. If i can still remember correctly, it was this same you sir, who claimed that Adam had intimate intercourse with his daughters (Just pointing out how invaluable your arguements can be "attimes"wink. I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Another Lynching In Warri by kay2000(m): 3:56pm On Oct 13, 2012
Old News. Since Last year. My wife was angry with me for showing her this video. She cried uncontrabbly. I did not bother to show her the ALUU4 video. Say No to Jungle justice.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 13, 2012
toluxa1: I wonder why some silly comments are being made that this is fake news. Are you guys blind? Didn't you watch the video? (Regardless of when it happened). I watched it (before it was taken off a few hours ago) and I must say its terrible.
Some days ago, on the BBC World Have you Say Program, it was being discussed that these things have been happening and I sent the link to them as proof.
I do not see how the topic suggest that the incident happened AFTER Aluu. Topic says - ANOTHER Lynching. Whether before or after it is ANOTHER.

BTW, Please was anyone able to download the video or have it? A news agency is requesting I send it to them.

Unfortunately, I have all the videos of these morbid acts, the latest one inclusive. Send me a NL mail and I will send them to you.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by mamagee3(f): 4:58pm On Oct 13, 2012
Some people can be heartless
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Ademolag(m): 5:10pm On Oct 13, 2012
Can we now see that sometimes the masses are the problem, not the government.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Clemzy16(m): 5:29pm On Oct 13, 2012
Seriously, this madness has to stop. The act of lynching one for alleged stealing is barbaric, and should be stopped by the government. Can't believe man can be so heartless. Well, i'm not surprised, man's inhumanity to man. Signs of end time.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by DMainMan: 5:36pm On Oct 13, 2012
mama-gee:
Some people can be heartless

yeah!. Christians are heartless. All dis happening in a christian states. It verifies dat most of u ar d bokoharams. Wicked group of species
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by DMainMan: 6:02pm On Oct 13, 2012
If it were to b in a muslim state/country, all of u wil b saying it is Islam. HYPOCRITES. D media no fit comment. Actions speak beta dan voice. D truth wil b known

everything abt u guys is terrorism. Ur oga america and isreal loves war, violence, creulty and babarism. No wonder d traits is fast spreading among u all.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by thegeorgy(f): 6:09pm On Oct 13, 2012
Goodnight Pain. "thieves, thieves" he screamed, it was almost funny. Nt until more voices joined the chorus as they screamed and shouted on us. We cud av ran at least to save our lives, but little did we know how the day would end. From a handful of young men shouting and throwing questions at us, it escalated to a crowd of angry mob. There was no way we could escape this one, so we calmed down. They pushed us around and then stripped us all. These men pulled us pants down, we were more than embarrassed, the whole community watched, I recognized few faces from the crowd. Obviously they were so afraid to say "stop" then the beating started, I wished it to be just a nightmare. But it was real, these men were determined. They dropped heavy rocks on our heads, they pounded our faces wit large planks, blood covered our eyes, they matched and kicked us right on our nostrils, we couldn't breathe. "Bring tire" one of the men repeated, until they brought the tires. "Oh God!" We watched the crowd watch us, we raised hands of plea, we couldn't speak, Some hid, some shot videos and took pictures. there was no one to stop this. This was the point we knew it was over. We felt pain, helpless and hopeless. I thought of my siblings, i wondered how my mum would take this. She would fall apart. I begged God to hold her for me, comfort and make her strong for me, I prayed same for my friends. Then we started crying, we cried together. The tears gave us headaches. We looked up high, the sky was still. Rings of tires landed on our necks, they kept hitting us, but we were numb already. They set us ablaze. We rolled around, tried to reach for each other, I wondered who would give up first, the fire burned our bodies. it hurt, it hurt and then it hurt. But suddenly the pain stopped, Then I couldn't hear any other thing, but silence. I thanked God the pain was over... Article dedicated 2 d 4 boys killed in ALUU community,river state cry
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by GentleNaaz(m): 9:33am On Oct 14, 2012
Burning alife? Now i undstnd d say "naija is d nxt after hell fire"
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by eyantotipe(m): 2:11pm On Oct 14, 2012
oubi: May God punish d pple of warri- delta state dat did dis kinda barbaric tin again, may their generations neva know peace may they suffer till their death, may they also die painfull deaths. I can hear every body shouting AMEN including those that emanates from warri cos that's d same prayer the aluu comunity got from sentimental pple.
And if truely this video is an old one and it dosn't happen in warri,MAY THE CURSED BE UPON YOU AND YOUR THOUSAND GENERATION TO COME and cursed be upon the OP for misleading goat like you to come and split rubish here.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by deavicky(m): 12:56am On Oct 15, 2012
miketonic: This is one of the reason why i hate Nigeria... anyone can come up to you and accuse u of stealing, and before you know, a group of mob is onto you, with TIRE AND FUEL ready to burn you alive. smh. am soo happy that am in America, thank god, i will never return to thAT GODFORSAKEN COUNTRY,
u are very BIGFOOL for refering to your in such a manner
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Bolarge1(m): 8:01am On Oct 15, 2012
THIS LYNCHING METHOD SHOULD BE EXTENDED TO GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS THAT ARE STEA-LING OUR MONEY.

THEY ARE THE BIGGER THIEV-ES.

2 Likes

Re: Another Lynching In Warri by mrkels(m): 8:09am On Oct 15, 2012
eyantotipe: And if truely this video is an old one and it dosn't happen in warri,MAY THE CURSED BE UPON YOU AND YOUR THOUSAND GENERATION TO COME and cursed be upon the OP for misleading goat like you to come and split rubish here.
You just made a mistake, you and your generations are now cursed for life. Enjoy!
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Michky: 9:33am On Oct 15, 2012
Bo-large:
THIS LYNCHING METHOD SHOULD BE EXTENDED TO GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS THAT ARE STEA-LING OUR MONEY.

THEY ARE THE BIGGER THIEV-ES.
On point! That one currently in the uk prisons should have been the scape goat, followed by all of them in that picture plus their aides, depriving us of life's necessities in the name of leadership.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 15, 2012
Lynching is barbaric, end of. It doesn't matter if you've suffered at the hands of armed robbers. Myself and my family have, on 4 different occasions, one in which my dad was beaten and badly injured. It doesn't mean I'm happy to see people lynched, and burnt to death.

It's worth knowing it's not everyone that's lynched to death that's guilty. There are countries (and states) that uphold the Death Penalty. But even in cases whereby law-breakers commit crimes that carry the death penalty, when they're executed, it's done as quickly and as humanely as possible, not drawn out for hours. Torturing a human to death is sick, it says more about the person/s carrying out that act, than it does about the person being tortured. It's perverse watching, (and deriving pleasure from watching) people die slowly, and in agony.

The Death Penalty is not punishment - punishment is something the person being punished learns from. One can't learn from death. The Death Penalty is an act of removing a menace to society permanently, it's not an instrument of torture.

#JusticeforAluu4
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Michky: 1:03pm On Oct 15, 2012
*clapping*..This what i love about NL (The intellectual challenge). Well said mate! Well said!! In response, I will attempt to take out your points one after the other. Now, lets get to it, shall we? Good.

Siena: Lynching is barbaric, end of.
I absolutely agree.

Siena: It doesn't matter if you've suffered at the hands of armed robbers. Myself and my family have, on 4 different occasions, one in which my dad was beaten and badly injured. It doesn't mean I'm happy to see people lynched, and burnt to death.
Dude, it might not matter to you but to me, it matters a whole lot. If you can handle the emotion of being robbed four times, i can't. ok? Question is: Will you still be saying this if those robbers had killed your dad on one of those occasions? Think about that. And again, i myself can not stand the sight of a person being tortured or put to death. Stop making it sound like those opposing the motion to stop mob action, for now, are blood thirsty vampires. ok dude?!!!!

Siena: It's worth knowing it's not everyone that's lynched to death that's guilty.
It is also worth knowing that it's not everyone that's presently in prison today that's guilty. Mehn, sometimes, justice misfires! Go and get justice for those serving jail terms in prison without trial (hence not yet proven guilty, therefore innocent) before you come back here to run your mouth because you're privileged to sit behind a pc or a phone. Na wa o.

Siena: s commit crimes that carry the death penalty, when they're executed, it's done as quickly and as humanely as possible, not drawn out for hours.

Very true. But who told you that the whites didn't painfully torture criminals to death in the past? Sir, lets no be quick to forget that even the bible gives account of people that were stoned to death before and after the time of Jesus Christ. Besides, If you watch alot of white ancient movies, you'll realize that mob action was their major road to justice. The only difference was that they allowed the accused to give a few words of defence after a public vote is done to decide on the need for execution, which is done by either stoning, beheading or dismembering of body parts while the victim is still alive! (aarrrgghhh!!) BTW, are you aware that people are still being terribly tortured to death in those countries you're presently praising as we speak.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 15, 2012
Michky:
Dude, it might not matter to you but to me, it matters a whole lot. If you can handle the emotion of being robbed four times, i can't. ok? Question is: Will you still be saying this if those robbers had killed your dad on one of those occasions? Think about that. And again, i myself can not stand the sight of a person being tortured or put to death. Stop making it sound like those opposing the motion to stop mob action, for now, are blood thirsty vampires. ok dude?!!!!

If those robbers had killed my dad, then obviously I would have wanted them to face the full wrath of the law. As it was, one did get convicted. If they had killed my dad, getting his killer tortured to death wouldn't have brought my dad back, and my actions would have made me no better than his murderer. I still maintain, the Death Penalty is very different from a public lynching to death. I'm not an advocate, I'm just not made that way. I have a conscience, and if I lynched, or part took in a lynching, it would haunt me for the rest of my days.

I'm telling it as I see it, you may see things differently, and that's fine. Lynchers are always looking to cover their tracks, because they know what they're doing is illegal. If they're caught, they too could face death, depending on the country or state they commit the murder in. Because that's what it is, murder. "Jungle Justice" is just a name. Lynching is usually done by more than one person, sometimes a group. And in most cases, if the group is apprehended, and asked what the person they're beating to death has done, the majority won't even know what the person's crime was. All you'll hear will be, "dem say na thief", I hear say d man thief from one store" etc. Once the shout "Ole!" goes up, the precedent is set for a public lynching, with very few persons involved knowing why.

So yeah, public lynchers are blood-thirsty, they want to see blood spilled, regardless. Their children will grow up the same, accepting a public killing as the right thing to do. I'm sure amongst a mob, some folk have guns, or machetes, why do you think they never use them for a clean kill?

Because it'll be too easy, and it'll spoil their "fun."

#JusticeforAluu4
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Michky: 1:44pm On Oct 15, 2012
Siena:

If those robbers had killed my dad, then obviously I would have wanted them to face the full wrath of the law. As it was, one did get convicted. If they had killed my dad, getting his killer tortured to death wouldn't have brought my dad back, and my actions would have made me no better than his murderer. I still maintain, the Death Penalty is very different from a public lynching to death. I'm not an advocate, I'm just not made that way. I have a conscience, and if I lynched, or part took in a lynching, it would haunt me for the rest of my days.

I'm telling it as I see it, you may see things differently, and that's fine. Lynchers are always looking to cover their tracks, because they know what they're doing is illegal. If they're caught, they too could face death, depending on the country or state they commit the murder in. Because that's what it is, murder. "Jungle Justice" is just a name. Lynching is usually done by more than one person, sometimes a group. And in most cases, if the group is apprehended, and asked what the person they're beating to death has done, the majority won't even know what the person's crime was. All you'll hear will be, "dem say na thief", I hear say d man thief from one store" etc. Once the shout "Ole!" goes up, the precedent is set for a public lynching, with very few persons involved knowing why.

So yeah, public lynchers are blood-thirsty, they want to see blood spilled, regardless. Their children will grow up the same, accepting a public killing as the right thing to do. I'm sure amongst a mob, some folk have guns, or machetes, why do you think they never use them for a clean kill?

Because it'll be too easy, and it'll spoil their "fun."

#JusticeforAluu4

Dude, which law are you refering to? Do we have justice in this country atall? Dude, God forbid, you might eventually see those guys chilling in their ride next to yours in traffic the next day. Wait a min, is this not what i have been shouting since?!! Na wa o!!
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 15, 2012
Michky: It is also worth knowing that it's not everyone that's presently in prison today that's guilty. Mehn, sometimes, justice misfires! Go and get justice for those serving jail terms in prison without trial (hence not yet proven guilty, therefore innocent) before you come back here to run your mouth. ok?

No need to get rude, I have a right to air my opinion. I would expect you to be able to do the same, without getting abusive to get your point across.

I don't see the correlation between a public lynching, and one serving jail time for an offence they haven't committed. One involves someone unjustly jailed (sometimes) the other involves a more irreversible injustice - someone beaten to death, without the benefit of a trial. Yes, justice sometimes backfires, all over the world, not just Nigeria.

If this was solved by mass murder, how would that help?

#JusticeforAluu4
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Michky: 1:55pm On Oct 15, 2012
Siena: Torturing a human to death is sick, it says more about the person/s carrying out that act, than it does about the person being tortured. It's perverse watching, (and deriving pleasure from watching) people die slowly, and in agony.

Finally, yes, torturing to death is sick but it serves as a deterrent for those who intend to go into such horrible business of stealing in future. I hear that some militant groups in afganistan do hang heads of law breakers on wooding pavement to keep reminding others of the punishment that awaits them. To round it all off my friend, the world we live in is a cruel one. Its is a world of "kill or be killed". If you refuse to kill those robbers first (by handing them over to your corrupt police), they will be freed and eventually begin to multiply thereby increasing your chances of being killed by one of them in the near future. Obviously, you do not speak from your head but your heart. No problem, we're all entitled to our opinions I rest my case here.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 15, 2012
Michky: Finally, yes, torturing to death is sick but it serves as a deterrent for those who intend to go into such horrible business of stealing in future.

If torturing to death truly served as a deterrent to would-be thieves, then Nigeria would have been one of the most crime-free nations on the planet. Instead, it's on the rise.

Lynching doesn't deter - all it serves is to create a more savage, cruel breed of criminal. They become harder, more resilient, and mete out even worse atrocities to their victims.

#JusticeforAluu4
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Michky: 2:10pm On Oct 15, 2012
Siena:

No need to get rude, I have a right to air my opinion. I would expect you to be able to do the same, without getting abusive to get your point across.

I don't see the correlation between a public lynching, and one serving jail time for an offence they haven't committed. One involves someone unjustly jailed (sometimes) the other involves a more irreversible injustice - someone beaten to death, without the benefit of a trial. Yes, justice sometimes backfires, all over the world, not just Nigeria.

If this was solved by mass murder, how would that help?

#JusticeforAluu4

Apologies for my rude post there. I take it all back. Now to your point, you say you don't see a correlation between the mob action and those serving jail terms huh? Well it's simple. Justice! Both instances involve people getting punishment for their actions. Although one is reversible, the other is irreversible as you rightly pointed out. That was why i asked you to go and seek right justice for those that you claim have a second chance (those that can still be helped) before screaming justice for aluu4 (those that can no longer be helped). Dude, have you even heard the real story of what happened that day (am talking aluu4 rightnow). They went to get money being owed one of them and unknowing or knowing to the others, one of them went with a gun. It was with that gun that he escaped leaving the others at the mercy of the mob. Now, if you were in that neighbourhood and you hear that they had a gun, wouldn't your first thought of them be thieves? Look, i can go on and on but justice misfired isn't a reason to stop justice all together. Shikena!
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Michky: 2:20pm On Oct 15, 2012
Siena:

If torturing to death truly served as a deterrent to would-be thieves, then Nigeria would have been one of the most crime-free nations on the planet. Instead, it's on the rise.

Lynching doesn't deter - all it serves is to create a more savage, cruel breed of criminal. They become harder, more resilient, and mete out even worse atrocities to their victims.

#JusticeforAluu4
Really?! Lynching or mob action doesn't deter? Well, it was nice conversing with you.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 19, 2012
Michky: Really?! Lynching or mob action doesn't deter? Well, it was nice conversing with you.

No, it doesn't deter. Has crime in Nigeria dropped as a result of lynchings? Please, let's converse more!

#JusticeforAluu4

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers / 29-year-old Impersonates IG Idris, Defrauds Saudi Doctor (pic) / Islamic cleric, three others arrested with human skull in Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.