Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,249 members, 7,818,858 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos (8892 Views)

Nigerian Troops Fighting Against Boko Haram Exposed To Unnecessary Danger? (pic) / Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory / Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by chucky234(m): 9:33am On Oct 13, 2012
MATURITY at its pinnacle
Igbo kwenu! Igbo kwenu!! Igbo kwenu!!!
Kwezuenu

1 Like

Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by 5alive(m): 9:37am On Oct 13, 2012
Ibo, Igbo, igbo (grasses), igbo (indian hemp), igbo (corn meal).
U people dont av identity, u dont really knw wot u want... Today u want support frm us, 2moro u envy us & say senseles things abt us, yet u refuse to leave our land.
Ndigbo or woteva senseles name u cal urself, u guys shud be worshipin awolowo 4 wot he did for u ungratefu pple. He saved ur as(s). If awolowo had not use his superb intelligenc to end d war, Hausa would av wiped u out of nigeria map.Ndigbo, get dis to ur brain, U GUYS ARE WEAK, accept n live with dat or GET LYNCHED.
Awon ashiaraba

4 Likes

Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by kaodili(f): 9:52am On Oct 13, 2012
Desola: hahaha...ibos! They are protecting their spare parts and fake drugs shops. Dem no say if yawa gas, their investments would be up in smoke. Wise move.

R u ok
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by kaodili(f): 9:55am On Oct 13, 2012
5alive: Ibo, Igbo, igbo (grasses), igbo (indian hemp), igbo (corn meal).
U people dont av identity, u dont really knw wot u want... Today u want support frm us, 2moro u envy us & say senseles things abt us, yet u refuse to leave our land.
Ndigbo or woteva senseles name u cal urself, u guys shud be worshipin awolowo 4 wot he did for u ungratefu pple. He saved ur as(s). If awolowo had not use his superb intelligenc to end d war, Hausa would av wiped u out of nigeria map.Ndigbo, get dis to ur brain, U GUYS ARE WEAK, accept n live with dat or GET LYNCHED.
Awon ashiaraba

Lol...*smh* for u. Your funny sha. I pity u my friend. Your level of foolishness is quite alarming.
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by kaodili(f): 10:01am On Oct 13, 2012
kindabigg:

That's because Ojukwu was a cowardly fool. If you don't like their stance, tell them to take their Ndigbo gang and their subjects across the Niger. We don't need their conciliatory tones, we want them out.

I don't even know why Yorubas are fraternizing with Ibos, they are the second enemy after the hausa/fulani. I'd rather we go with Ijaws, middle belters, and Edos. Ibos are useless.

See Venom. Dnt give urself HPB. I wonder why u guys always feel so threatened by the ibo man.
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by lacosanostra: 10:16am On Oct 13, 2012
what kind of life do u tribalist live,DAYOKANU are u not a potential murderer with d things u say here,all ur fellow igbo tribalist of d same rank as u are either dead,tired or found a life.EKO ILE u knw triblism makes people act stupidly, remeber dat thread u were trying to show d south-east as dirty u ended up posting the same pics again nd posted one dat has been on my facebook wall 4 sometime
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by 5alive(m): 10:37am On Oct 13, 2012
kaodili:

Lol...*smh* for u. Your funny sha. I pity u my friend. Your level of foolishness is quite alarming.
shattaaaap there! Riffraff, who is d bigger fool nw? U cald me a fool and u ar stil callin me your friend. Forget it, i cant associate myself wit a failed n confused nation cald ndigbo
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by Mortiple(m): 10:42am On Oct 13, 2012
There are so many cowards on Nairaland. Anyone who hides under the guise of ethnicity and religion in order to gain attention and popularity is a coward. Anyone who rain abuses and haul insults on another's ethnicity is a coward. Some of you here need to grow up. Stop forcing yourself to be relevant on Nairaland. No civil mind approves of what you do. Seriously some of you will 'collect' free slap from me, if I meet you in person.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by IYANGBALI: 10:46am On Oct 13, 2012
Mr. Globe2:
Absolute rubbish. I see the yorobbers are getting too desperate for any igbo support. lol. shameless people.

HEAR ME CLEARLY, ON CHINUA ACHEBE'S POSITION WE (THE WHOLE NDIGBO HOME AND ABROAD) STAND.

if you cant bottle it, drink rat poison, you are not the first, your ancestor drank it cool
Did you say we are desperate for Igbo support?what for?is it the presidency that we have not tasted before or what?you know as well as I do that you people need us more than we need you,the truth is bitter unfortunately that is THE BITTER TRUTH so shut your trap boy.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by IYANGBALI: 10:49am On Oct 13, 2012
5alive: Ibo, Igbo, igbo (grasses), igbo (indian hemp), igbo (corn meal).
Awon ashiaraba
Wooooooooooooooooooooord
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by Desola(f): 11:17am On Oct 13, 2012
kaodili:

R u ok

I could ask you the same.

Are you?
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by shawn5ng(m): 11:33am On Oct 13, 2012
The ibos better thank God that awo did what he did to save them from being existing cos they wud have lost d war nd become slave in their own land.
Infact it is d yorubas that are still holding this country together and I can confidently tell u that yorubas are d most sophisticated, wise and highly intelligent among d tribes yet very humble, accommodating nd respected over d world.

5 Likes

Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by tintingz(m): 11:52am On Oct 13, 2012
This man talk sense good one buh e dey fear "igbo must go" for Lagos. . .they will be exit out of lag kia kia buh let pardon them and wait if this froghead achebe will apologize to the awolowo family and the yorubas
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by Slizbeat(m): 12:10pm On Oct 13, 2012
Whats all the IGBO thing? Whatever is a fact and truth remains a fact and truth. Igbos are good in drugs, Yes we accept. Igbos are good in kidnapping, dadnapping, mumnapping, Yes we accept. Igbos are good in frauds, Yes we accept. But 1 thing is certian about Igbos and that is Investment, Creativity and lovers and makers of Development. Through out Nigeria and the World, Igbos are known for their Intelligence and Enthusiasm. Atleast Igbos could boost of 35-40% development of Nigeria. They are wise people who are good travellers. They create Union everywhere they go to promote their culture. Go Over to Virginia, Virgins Island, New york, Africa, parts of Asia, Europe and Australia and you would find them. The thing is that "NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY OR DO, YOU CANT CHANGE THE IGBOS", the more you try, the more they progress. In life, those that are successful are those that dont talk and criticize others and in the same vain, do things the way they can without listening to what people say about you. A word is enough for the wise.

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by dewize01(m): 12:13pm On Oct 13, 2012
We knew it that your leaders would come out and beg...wandering animals!

1 Like

Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by brownsug(f): 12:17pm On Oct 13, 2012
Bobo yi o lenu pa ha ha
Aderostock: Igbo, Igbo, Igbo! How many times did I call you? Whats all these Ndigbo Lagos, Ndigbo Ogun, Ndigbo kano, Ndigbo oyo chapter? Cant you people stay in one place? Please answer me ooo. Am also looking forward having yoruba versions in imo, enugu, anambra lol.
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by tribalism(m): 12:48pm On Oct 13, 2012
Eko Ile:

Too bad that hate mongering, bitter and disgruntled Zero Nobel winning old fool and complete failure didn't get the message....
In war situations, it has never happened in history that a nation that has won a war has been held accountable for atrocities committed in preparing for and waging that war. What took place was the use of technological material to destroy a defenseless country.
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by sulaak(m): 12:53pm On Oct 13, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe: Dey should tell dat to some biggots hear on nairaland. undecided The yoruigbo tribe.shocked

The bigot is that tribalist Achebe (the former Biafra communication minister) , the Igbo's are lucky that Awo and the Nigerian government were magnanimous in victory, because the like of Achebe, Zik and many Igbo's elite should have been tried for treason as would have been case in any civilized country. Instead of accepting that they have made mistakes and are responsible for the carnage in Eastern Nigeria , they continue to follow the same visionless leaders, leaders like Ziks who betrayed the Igbo’s during the war, Achebe that admitted that Ojukwu was flawed and inexperience as a leader yet he continue to support the failed war effort and even got promoted to communication minister in 1969. Or finally the mad fool Ojukwu who should have been tried and hung for the crime he committed against the Nigerian people.

Just look at the tribal crap coming from Achebe, saying that Igbo' are superior and the engine of Nigeria. Come 2015 these same Igbo’s will be asking for Yoruba and other Nigerian political support and will wonder while they will never get it.

Igbos were reintegrated into Nigerian society, but still faced economic discrimination. Achebe offers an excerpt of an interview in which Gowon tries to justify the crippling £20 flat fee given to every Biafran wanting to convert their Biafran currency back to the Nigerian naira. This sense of persecution still persists today: Achebe believes that Igbo people are the engine of Nigeria's advancement, stifled by a corrupt elite that prefers power and mediocrity to meritocracy. Igbo ostracisation, he says, is "one of the main reasons for the country's continued backwardness http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2012/oct/05/chinua-achebe-there-was-a-country-review?INTCMP=SRCH

By independence in 1960, Igbo people dominated commerce and the public sector in a land where the three biggest ethnic groups (the Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo) were jostling for supremacy. Achebe attributes Igbo domination to their self-confidence, inherent democratic values and adaptability, which were suited to Nigeria's modernising economy. But many Nigerians resented it, and Achebe admits that the Igbo could be cocky, brash and materialistic, though he rejects the popular suspicion that there was a pan-Igbo agenda to control Nigeria – his people have too strong an "individualistic ethic"

1 Like

Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by KENESAGA(m): 12:55pm On Oct 13, 2012
Let me tell some ppl here, without igbos in lagos, comercial activities wil colaps, just go to major markets in lag and check who controls it. tell igbos 2 leave and see how lagos will be if u'll tell urself truth. one love is d best.
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by sulaak(m): 1:03pm On Oct 13, 2012
KENESAGA: Let me tell some ppl here, without igbos in lagos, comercial activities wil colaps, just go to major markets in lag and check who controls it. tell igbos 2 leave and see how lagos will be if u'll tell urself truth. one love is d best.

Thanks for the development, now go and develop Aba and Owerri. The igbo have never built any organised society, until the British came to civilise them, you are lucky that Yoruba people are accommodating people.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by Promoe(m): 1:06pm On Oct 13, 2012
[b]Oh sorry, my Yoruba NLders. I understand how it feels like selling out your land with the initial motive of cheating the buyer and after blowing up the whole money at a twinkle of an eye in parties and drinking. And after that you come to your normal senses when is already late.
I know how it feels when you're still alive and see your children seeking for accommodation only to find one in the house well built by the man whom you sold your land to. But what i don't understand is how it comes to be the fault of the stranger. [size=18pt]YORUBAS TAKE NOTE:[/size] Your problem is not the Igbos, your problem is your incompetence and lazy attitude but you keep on putting the blame on us. Now let me ask you, ARE THE ONE THAT SENT YOUR CHILDREN INTO THE STREETS AS HOODLUMS? DID WE TOOK YOUR LAND BY FORCE? WASN'T IT BOUGHT WITH MONEY? So stop daydreaming, if you're embittered by Ndigbo success in your land which you couldn't attain all the days of your life, why not humbly go and ask him to put you in line. SMH![/b]

1 Like

Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by blocker: 1:07pm On Oct 13, 2012
CyberG:

Here is the REAL position of things: ojuku is the FOO.Lish man that gave Ashebe the Yoruba goat head that is now stuck in the tribalistic mud since 1967. Watch...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re4ZiCSeWlE

When Ojukwu died last year many Yorrobers rained insults on the man and now that Achebe has written his book the same wild wild westerners want to block my ear drums with their noise. Ojukwu made a mistake in 1967 and that was to free Awolowo from Calabar Prisons.Because he released Awolowo Bakassi was sold to Cameroon,Biafra lost the war, lost millions of people (more to starvation than bullets)and millions of pounds worth of property through destruction and looting by the Nigerian Army. Ojukwu should have left Awo to root in prison.
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by blocker: 1:10pm On Oct 13, 2012
shawn5ng: The ibos better thank God that awo did what he did to save them from being existing cos they wud have lost d war nd become slave in their own land.
Infact it is d yorubas that are still holding this country together and I can confidently tell u that yorubas are d most sophisticated, wise and highly intelligent among d tribes yet very humble, accommodating nd respected over d world.

yorubas are the biggest parasites of this geographical expression called Liegeria.
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by Dede1(m): 1:12pm On Oct 13, 2012
jason123: BY CLIFFORD NDUJIHE

UMBRELLA body of Igbo living in Lagos, the Ndigbo Lagos, has described as unnecessary the flickering controversies trailing Professor Chinua Achebe’s comments in his new book, “There was a country,” that late Chief Obafemi Awolowo was part of General Yakubu Gowon’s cabinet that initiated pogrom and genocide as a policy that killed millions of Igbos especially children during the civil war.

At a time Igbo and Yoruba leaders of the South-East and South-West as well as their counterparts in the South-South were forging an alliance and hammering out solutions to the country’s protracted socio-economic, political and developmental problems, the Professor Anya O. Anya-led group said what was needed now was sustaining the unfolding harmonious relations between the Igbo and Yoruba nations.

“Ndigbo Lagos deems the ongoing heated reactions to Elder statesman and world renowned writer, Prof Chinua Achebe’s personal chronicle of his experience during the civil war as being very unnecessary. The issue of what roles all actors on both sides played during the events leading to the unfortunate civil war and the prosecution of the war itself have for a long time been in the public space,” Ndigbo Lagos said in a statement by Chief Chuma Igwe, publicity secretary.

Noting that Chief Awolowo had spoken for himself in response to similar issue in 1983, Ndigbo Lagos said Awolowo’s response was enough to close the matter.

It said: “At this point in time the South-East, SouthSouth and South-West are in consultations working together for a better Nigeria to ensure that such a situation does not arise again. Ndigbo Lagos believes that the commendable quality of interpersonal relationship between Ndigbo and the Yoruba Nation should be sustained and translated into mutually beneficial political, social and cultural relationship for the progress of our country.

“The ongoing demand of the South-East for the creation of additional one state, the serious infrastructure deficit subsisting in our geopolitical zone and the Igbo Presidency project are areas Ndìgbo Lagos believes the South-West should come out with unequivocal support for the Ndigbo position.

“We should focus on how the two nations and indeed the entire South can cooperate to enthrone fairness, equity and justice in the Nigerian polity. That is the legacy we should aim at, moving forward.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/awolowo-achebe-controversy-unnecessary-ndigbo-lagos/

The above trolling is a machination of idiocy. Consultations to bring hope in the cesspit called Nigeria must involve all geopolitical zones, if any. I am totally against any south-eastern consultation chat with either southwest or the so-called south-south. Any such nonsensical endeavor is a political machination designed in hell. These good-for-thing Igbo sojourners in Lagos should check their heads before making idiotic public statements. Real men of Igbo extraction are extrapolating socio-politico-economic-military variables that will move Republic of Igbo land full steam ahead and these jackasses are talking about consultation to better a colonial accident called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by awesomet1(m): 1:15pm On Oct 13, 2012
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by Kachi01: 1:21pm On Oct 13, 2012
By their posts, u shall know them. 70yrs old Igbo.....no......yoruba prof jumped fence to escape buk attack.
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by tintingz(m): 1:26pm On Oct 13, 2012
KENESAGA: Let me tell some ppl here, without igbos in lagos, comercial activities wil colaps, just go to major markets in lag and check who controls it. tell igbos 2 leave and see how lagos will be if u'll tell urself truth. one love is d best.
with all this fake products and goods igbos import yet you are proud of it when you spoiling market in Nigeria. . .business is rising before igbos full Lagos and it will still rise if Ndigbos commot for Lagos
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by olawalebabs(m): 1:50pm On Oct 13, 2012
Ngodigha:
First class pig, the food been discussed here is not from Nigeria but from red cross and other charity organisation. Develop some brains, Piggy.
don't distort history, the food only passes through the red cross. Red cross is never for sharing food.
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by IYANGBALI: 1:52pm On Oct 13, 2012
Envy is what is killing shinua ashebe,he is not happy that he has never won the noble laureate award that WOLE SOYINKA A PROUD SON OF YORUBA LAND WON some years back,this is his main reason for his hatred for the Yorubas and guess what?we do not give a fok about him,let him keep hating till he goes down the drain. EGAN O PE KI OYIN MA DUN,OYIN ELEYI TI DUN NA MEN.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 13, 2012
You Igbo people! The General consensus here among non-Igbos is that you should be grateful that only 2-3 million of you died. After all, if Nigeria was any more reactionary towards what we perceive to be the fault of the entire Igbo race and not a few (i.e. plotters of the coup), you would have been entirely exterminated. Just thank your God, ungrateful wenches!

All's fair. It's just war (f*ck the geneva convention!) - which can happen again, by the way, and for any reason such as the aforementioned . All Igbos are liable now for death as we here have logically and intelligently argued. So....they dare not threaten again to secede!!!!! But our darlings from the Niger-Delta, Calabar and the North are free to organize groups and rally for independence, because they are soooooo unlike those stupid Igbos. And yeah, Never Allow Igbo Man to Rule Again.

Igbos are evil, heartless, and bad and this is why the war happened to them - so they should put up or shut up! It is all their fault, everything! After all they had no civilization and they were cannibals! So they should go away with their Biafran whining of a war which the entire Igbo race totally caused. It's all Ojukwu's fault!

Awolowo and Gowon and Nigeria were totaaaaaally Angels!

You see, we have argued intelligently and in a very civilized manner. We are not barbarians! We are not stereotypes of a backward, ill-thinking Africa! We have great and global cultures in every region except Igboland, just to prove it!!!!!!!!!!

And see now, Nigeria has proven to be totaaaally worth it. We are the strongest, most respectable and powerful nation in the world courtesy of our much more civilized and sophisticated methods of ruling it! We are keeping this beautiful nation together unlike the disruptive Igbos and are very proud of it!!!!!!!

People all over the world are bursting jaws at the embassy gates just to have a visa to come to our exclusive and selective country, where 200% percent of it's citizens live on $5000 a day. Igbos as usual come last and are the poorest of the lot - poverty and war-like mentality SMH. Serves them right, those cannibals, hehehe.

Just take a look at the SW and the North - they look just like Seychelles and Switzerland because we are sooooooooooooo sophisticated and civilized!!!!!!!!!

And lastly that bitter old man Achebe should shut up, he is only saying tribalistic nonsense because he is the least influential and least globally famous author in Nigerian history. Awolowo=Yoruba people so he has attacked us! Biafran tales-by-moonlight author. Mchtew!!!!!!

*but trust, every one else has forgotten the war and has moved on of course, and it is prudent to just totally imagine that the war did not exist! Just like Magic!
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by IYANGBALI: 1:54pm On Oct 13, 2012
blocker:

When Ojukwu died last year many Yorrobers rained insults on the man and now that Achebe has written his book the same wild wild westerners want to block my ear drums with their noise. Ojukwu made a mistake in 1967 and that was to free Awolowo from Calabar Prisons.Because he released Awolowo Bakassi was sold to Cameroon,Biafra lost the war, lost millions of people (more to starvation than bullets)and millions of pounds worth of property through destruction and looting by the Nigerian Army. Ojukwu should have left Awo to root in prison.
Story story once upon a time,time time tongue
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by EkoIle1: 2:01pm On Oct 13, 2012
tribalism:
In war situations, it has never happened in history that a nation that has won a war has been held accountable for atrocities committed in preparing for and waging that war. What took place was the use of technological material to destroy a defenseless country.

Stop smoking ganja.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 10 Richest States In Nigeria And Their GDP [latest] / Breaking News: Igbos In Los Angeles Response To Nnamdi Kanu Will Shock You / Buhari Not At G7 Meeting - Real Pictures/video From The Event Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.