Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos (8891 Views)

Nigerian Troops Fighting Against Boko Haram Exposed To Unnecessary Danger? (pic) / Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory / Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by Nwunuken(m): 2:14pm On Oct 13, 2012
Ngodigha:
First class pig, the food been discussed here is not from Nigeria but from red cross and other charity organisation. Develop some brains, Piggy.
its shame dat Both major tribes are abusing theselve
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by Nwunuken(m): 2:19pm On Oct 13, 2012
whitecat007: Why do ibos need their enemies to lend a voice for state creation? so that it will now require microscope to look at ibo states on nigeria map? shocked
you hit point some states in the east are just like LGA in the North.
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by DuduNegro: 2:20pm On Oct 13, 2012
Ndigbo Lagos deems the ongoing heated reactions to Elder statesman and world renowned writer, Prof Chinua Achebe’s personal chronicle of his experience during the civil war as being very unnecessary

This is a wrong statement by Ndigbo Lagos. The "heated reactions" are fair and justified and necessary. It was provoked! So it is wrong to call it "unecessary".
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by oobim(m): 2:34pm On Oct 13, 2012
Hatred and bitterness in their hearts.The same fo/ols dat pretend to be pained by d Aluu killing are all here exhibiting d same wickedness.#I SPIT ON U DEMONS IN HUMAN SKIn#why did they join 5 countries together,?Zik n co,why?
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by baysol: 4:39pm On Oct 13, 2012
Mr. Globe2:
Absolute rubbish. I see the yorobbers are getting too desperate for any igbo support. lol. shameless people.

HEAR ME CLEARLY, ON CHINUA ACHEBE'S POSITION WE (THE WHOLE NDIGBO HOME AND ABROAD) STAND.

if you cant bottle it, drink rat poison, you are not the first, your ancestor drank it cool

You igbo cocroaches will not Sieze to to amaze one, it seems you people are so bereft of wisedom that you all sleep facing one direction. What you and your senile children novelist do not know is that the untruth he wrote is tantamount to treason against the yoruba nation. Your clamouring for war will lead only to regrets that Awolowo will not be around to help you people cleanup. Enough is enough. You can't eat your cake and have it. It was your impulsive warlord Ojukwu who lead you badly into the problems you experienced during the war. He has never apologised to his fellow igbos neither to the nation. Anyway that is history now, but that this time around you people will go away with your wicked ways, think again. Awolowo did what he had to do as the finance minister and Nigeria never went into debt throughout his stewardship. If you people choose to be dreaming and leave in the past kindly don't drag anyone with you, that's a choice you made by declaring war on a sovereign state, take the consequence that come along as part of the choices. I think the yorubas are too pleasant to a fault that's why you could even write these lies in the first place. Why did the professor write about the killings in the north whether it will see the daylight. Your professor his broke and he want to write something to generate controversies and sensation for money making. I hope the money he might have made will be enough payment to undo all the trouble he'll not only cause himself but his dimwit kinsmen. Typical of Ibos person agrandisement and lust after money. If they are so bitter why don't they go back to Biafra no one will fight them for this.

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by Akshow: 4:40pm On Oct 13, 2012
An average Igbo sees the hausa as his foe, sees the yorubas as bitter enemy, is at logger head wit the ijaw man, despise the itsekiris. Feels he is better than the Ibibio. Pray pls, learn to leave in peace and love your neighbours. Others tolerate your over zealous I'm better than you, i I'm smater than you, i like money pass you attitude. Is it too much of an effort to leave in peace wit others?

1 Like

Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by ozoebuka1(m): 4:55pm On Oct 13, 2012
kennysbst: Ndigbo!are nw coming bck 2 der senses,but der all forget victory belong to God alone.if only God has been on der side definitely der shd av conquered.now Ibos tell me whom did God favor during d war?My advice 2 all ibos!it is better 2 accept ur faith and move on with ur life's.Remember we still luv u guy4,but chg ur ways of hatred 2wards us.ONE LUV.notin like been 2gadar.
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by IleIfe2(m): 4:58pm On Oct 13, 2012
Ngodigha:
First class pig, the food been discussed here is not from Nigeria but from red cross and other charity organisation. Develop some brains, Piggy.

Mr chronic Kwashiorkor, go to hell!!
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by baysol: 5:03pm On Oct 13, 2012
This dimwits think they are clever, Ndigbo Lagos my foot, who gave monkey bannana? They think their useless statement will change anything, they even have the effontry to chip in the 2015 presidency what a colosal flauw. Didn't this people get it that all their sinister plans have been unravelled, importation of large cache of weapons by the Igos can only mean one thing war or genocide(Yorubas watch out for enemies within), thier clamour for Presidency can only be tantamount to one thing, positioning to enable war or genecide to be effective or loot Nigeria silly and break the nation. Aren't their pointers during the civil war when they loot banks in Benin to finance their war prompting o change of corrency. No matter how educated this people will never develop their mind set, the war may be in the 60s it's still like yesterday to thias people. Call me all sorts of names but that is the truth and if the yoruba nation sleeps thinking the are hosting people they are fouling themselves(I know my people but wake up peps). Love and humanity should not be sacrificed on alter of evil doers. Nigeria has been in comatose because this people do not want to move forward but want to practice aparthy. How many yorubas have this so call Ndigbo lagos sourjorners spent on for scholarship or least study materials to show they really care about you people. Yoruba adage says "The war that has been foretold to a paraplegic will not caught up with him/her". To be forewarned is to be foreharmed these people cannot be trusted in anyway (whether they are your friend,inlaws or business partners- be very careful).

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by nas00(m): 5:06pm On Oct 13, 2012
nnenna.1:
You Igbo people! The General consensus here among non-Igbos is that you should be grateful that only 2-3 million of you died. After all, if Nigeria was any more reactionary towards what we perceive to be the fault of the entire Igbo race and not a few (i.e. plotters of the coup), you would have been entirely exterminated. Just thank your God, ungrateful wenches!

All's fair. It's just war (f*ck the geneva convention!) - which can happen again, by the way, and for any reason such as the aforementioned . All Igbos are liable now for death as we here have logically and intelligently argued. So....they dare not threaten again to secede!!!!! But our darlings from the Niger-Delta, Calabar and the North are free to organize groups and rally for independence, because they are soooooo unlike those stupid Igbos. And yeah, Never Allow Igbo Man to Rule Again.

Igbos are evil, heartless, and bad and this is why the war happened to them - so they should put up or shut up! It is all their fault, everything! After all they had no civilization and they were cannibals! So they should go away with their Biafran whining of a war which the entire Igbo race totally caused. It's all Ojukwu's fault!

Awolowo and Gowon and Nigeria were totaaaaaally Angels!

You see, we have argued intelligently and in a very civilized manner. We are not barbarians! We are not stereotypes of a backward, ill-thinking Africa! We have great and global cultures in every region except Igboland, just to prove it!!!!!!!!!!

And see now, Nigeria has proven to be totaaaally worth it. We are the strongest, most respectable and powerful nation in the world courtesy of our much more civilized and sophisticated methods of ruling it! We are keeping this beautiful nation together unlike the disruptive Igbos and are very proud of it!!!!!!!

People all over the world are bursting jaws at the embassy gates just to have a visa to come to our exclusive and selective country, where 200% percent of it's citizens live on $5000 a day. Igbos as usual come last and are the poorest of the lot - poverty and war-like mentality SMH. Serves them right, those cannibals, hehehe.

Just take a look at the SW and the North - they look just like Seychelles and Switzerland because we are sooooooooooooo sophisticated and civilized!!!!!!!!!

And lastly that bitter old man Achebe should shut up, he is only saying tribalistic nonsense because he is the least influential and least globally famous author in Nigerian history. Awolowo=Yoruba people so he has attacked us! Biafran tales-by-moonlight author. Mchtew!!!!!!

*but trust, every one else has forgotten the war and has moved on of course, and it is prudent to just totally imagine that the war did not exist! Just like Magic!

Your far-fetched sarcasm smirks of self-righteousness, which is typical of most igbofolk.

The Biafra war happened to the igbos because the strength of Chukwuemeka Ojukwu's intelligence failed him, and his quest for self (before any other thing) glory got the better of him.
What's more?..the igbo military guys and elites sheepishly followed suit.
With the weaker biafran arsenal and infantry, even an Id.iot would have known the war path was doomed to fail. Look deep within. Your ancestors are to blame for the biafran lot.

And for all I care, you can keep the bitter memory of the distorted civil war history the likes of Prof Achebe are drumming in your ears. It's only a matter of time, its venom will slowly 'kill' you from within.

Irú ìró ni ìborùn..

Avians of homogeneous plummage levitate in unison. We the so-called 'non-igbos' have moved on.

Make una remain there o!

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by IleIfe2(m): 5:08pm On Oct 13, 2012
Promoe: [b]Oh sorry, my Yoruba NLders. I understand how it feels like selling out your land with the initial motive of cheating the buyer and after blowing up the whole money at a twinkle of an eye in parties and drinking. And after that you come to your normal senses when is already late.
I know how it feels when you're still alive and see your children seeking for accommodation only to find one in the house well built by the man whom you sold your land to. But what i don't understand is how it comes to be the fault of the stranger. [size=18pt]YORUBAS TAKE NOTE:[/size] Your problem is not the Igbos, your problem is your incompetence and lazy attitude but you keep on putting the blame on us. Now let me ask you, ARE THE ONE THAT SENT YOUR CHILDREN INTO THE STREETS AS HOODLUMS? DID WE TOOK YOUR LAND BY FORCE? WASN'T IT BOUGHT WITH MONEY? So stop daydreaming, if you're embittered by Ndigbo success in your land which you couldn't attain all the days of your life, why not humbly go and ask him to put you in line. SMH![/b]

Na jeje trouble sidun , way Achebe wake am. Nobody send una?
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by EkoIle1: 5:14pm On Oct 13, 2012
baysol: This dimwits think they are clever, Ndigbo Lagos my foot, who gave monkey bannana? They think their useless statement will change anything, they even have the effontry to chip in the 2015 presidency what a colosal flauw. Didn't this people get it that all their sinister plans have been unravelled, importation of large cache of weapons by the Igos can only mean one thing war or genocide(Yorubas watch out for enemies within), thier clamour for Presidency can only be tantamount to one thing, positioning to enable war or genecide to be effective or loot Nigeria silly and break the nation. Aren't their pointers during the civil war when they loot banks in Benin to finance their war prompting o change of corrency. No matter how educated this people will never develop their mind set, the war may be in the 60s it's still like yesterday to thias people. Call me all sorts of names but that is the truth and if the yoruba nation sleeps thinking the are hosting people they are fouling themselves(I know my people but wake up peps). Love and humanity should not be sacrificed on alter of evil doers. Nigeria has been in comatose because this people do not want to move forward but want to practice aparthy. How many yorubas have this so call Ndigbo lagos sourjorners spent on for scholarship or least study materials to show they really care about you people. Yoruba adage says "The war that has been foretold to a paraplegic will not caught up with him/her". To be forewarned is to be foreharmed these people cannot be trusted in anyway (whether they are your friend,inlaws or business partners- be very careful).

Trust me, if anything happen in Lagos like June 12, den go remember all of a sudden that they have villages in abakaliki to run back and dump Lagos like plague.

I wont take these irrelevant loudmouths ibo clowns seriously.
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 13, 2012
nas 00:

Your far-fetched sarcasm smirks of self-righteousness, which is typical of most igbofolk.

The Biafra war happened to the igbos because the strength of Chukwuemeka Ojukwu's intelligence failed him, and his quest for self (before any other thing) glory got the better of him.
What's more?..the igbo military guys and elites sheepishly followed suit.
With the weaker biafran arsenal and infantry, even an Id.iot would have known the war path was doomed to fail. Look deep within. Your ancestors are to blame for the biafran lot.

And for all I care, you can keep the bitter memory of the distorted civil war history the likes of Prof Achebe are drumming in your ears. It's only a matter of time, its venom will slowly 'kill' you from within.

Irú ìró ni ìborùn..

Avians of homogeneous plummage levitate in unison. We the so-called 'non-igbos' have moved on.

Make una remain there o!

Exactly jare! It was all of those pesky Igbo people's fault! They should only look within themselves and their criminal ways in everything that has befallen Igboland during and after the war!!!!!!!

Failed Biafrans and Ojukwu lacking in intelligence unlike us the totally spotless and advanced Nigerians!

We have totaaaaally moved on in every policy and social inclination that we have made since the war.

Up Naija! Down failed author Achebe!
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by olakmarshall(m): 6:37pm On Oct 13, 2012
Mr. Globe2:
Absolute rubbish. I see the yorobbers are getting too desperate for any igbo support. lol. shameless people.

HEAR ME CLEARLY, ON CHINUA ACHEBE'S POSITION WE (THE WHOLE NDIGBO HOME AND ABROAD) STAND.

if you cant bottle it, drink rat poison, you are not the first, your ancestor drank it cool
u're simply an idiot.
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by Chudiking(m): 7:09pm On Oct 13, 2012
D yoruba's should go to hell or perish, what hs writing ve bn writing no going back or any apology, achebe is clear on hs tralies shikina
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by sparko1(m): 7:13pm On Oct 13, 2012
what exactly is wrong with people here? Why do we have to learn from our mistake?, the people ruling the nation with corruption are busy doing that, we are here spreading hate. Do you think anyone around the world is actually intrested in which tribe you come from in this congregation called Nigeria? As far as the rest of the world is concerned, like it or not we are the same and until we put our head together and let this work, it won't. So please lets stop the bashing and look into ways to move the nation forward. ONE NIGERIA
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by dayokanu(m): 7:38pm On Oct 13, 2012
KENESAGA: Let me tell some ppl here, without igbos in lagos, comercial activities wil colaps, just go to major markets in lag and check who controls it. tell igbos 2 leave and see how lagos will be if u'll tell urself truth. one love is d best.

How come you refused to develop your own homeland abi isnt it odd that you developed Lagos but abandoned your own caves?

1 Like

Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by dayokanu(m): 7:39pm On Oct 13, 2012
la cosa nostra: what kind of life do u tribalist live,DAYOKANU are u not a potential murderer with d things u say here,all ur fellow igbo tribalist of d same rank as u are either dead,tired or found a life.EKO ILE u knw triblism makes people act stupidly, remeber dat thread u were trying to show d south-east as dirty u ended up posting the same pics again nd posted one dat has been on my facebook wall 4 sometime

I learnt from Ifeajuna, Nwobosi, Nzeogwu and co
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by cenaboy(m): 9:49pm On Oct 13, 2012
CyberG:

No one is jealous of ibo, for what? Is it the petty business they use as cover up and supplement to their real business of kidnapping, ritual money, drug trafficking, counterfeiting currency, pharmaceutical drugs, ritual killing, fraud, corruption, ALUU, etc??
.NOTE that Aluu is not an igbo community or state.beside if D Achabe's claims in dat book why all these ranting by d yuorbas.
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by Nobody: 2:53am On Oct 14, 2012
Igbo kwenu vs eka ro
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by BinghiNya(m): 3:51am On Oct 14, 2012
achebe is a palm wine drinkard who has lost relevance if the igbo people are tired of the west they should leave they are irritants what they do here you can't do it in their place
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by tinuolababy(f): 7:02am On Oct 14, 2012
quote author=Rossikk]This what we call political and social maturity.

Kudos to the group for their position.[/quote. No they r scared because Fashola could bring up A̶̲̥̅ policy that wld affect igbos living in Lagos. cheesy
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by skyfall: 8:22am On Oct 14, 2012
It is dumb for Chinua Achebe to be claiming Igbo superiority in 2012. If they're so superior why do they keep running away from home? They should all go back to their Biafra homeland and turn it to Paris, rather than chasing shadows all over the so-called unwanted Nigeria. Hypocrites!

And someone pls tell the senile Prof that you don't win the Nobel Literature prize by unearthing 45-year old racial bigotry.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by nenepea(f): 11:05am On Oct 14, 2012
Desola: hahaha...ibos! They are protecting their spare parts and fake drugs shops. Dem no say if yawa gas, their investments would be up in smoke. Wise move.
Grand Mumu of the Federal Republic(GMFR) smiley
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by ikeyman00(m): 11:33am On Oct 14, 2012
offemmanu
[size=18pt]This dimwits think they are clever, Ndigbo Lagos my foot, who gave monkey bannana? They think their useless statement will change anything[/size], they even have the effontry to chip in the 2015 presidency what a colosal flauw. Didn't this people get it that all their sinister plans have been unravelled, importation of large cache of weapons by the Igos can only mean one thing war or genocide(Yorubas watch out for enemies within), thier clamour for Presidency can only be tantamount to one thing, positioning to enable war or genecide to be effective or loot Nigeria silly and break the nation. Aren't their pointers during the civil war when they loot banks in Benin to finance their war prompting o change of corrency. No matter how educated this people will never develop their mind set, the war may be in the 60s it's still like yesterday to thias people. Call me all sorts of names but that is the truth and if the yoruba nation sleeps thinking the are hosting people they are fouling themselves(I know my people but wake up peps). Love and humanity should not be sacrificed on alter of evil doers. Nigeria has been in comatose because this people do not want to move forward but want to practice aparthy. How many yorubas have this so call Ndigbo lagos sourjorners spent on for scholarship or least study materials to show they really care about you people. Yoruba adage says "The war that has been foretold to a paraplegic will not caught up with him/her". To be forewarned is to be foreharmed these people cannot be trusted in anyway (whether they are your friend,inlaws or business partners- be very careful).

i give up; can analyst out there help out

if u ask me hahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa yes me laugh louder than ever hahhhahah

this dimwit offemmanu think they are clever; their biggest regret in the earth is having to live with god's own people the great igbo spirit and still digging and also went from £20 to jugular hahha like that love haha

may una tell us the truth now; this envy no bi small thing oooo; see outburst out there hahhahhaha
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by alphonsok: 2:48pm On Oct 14, 2012
m really disappointed in prof achebe comment. igbo rebelled against nigeria and invited war.prof achebe should ve known better that that is the kind of treatment they deserved.awo s no more to answer him so he shuld keep quiet and allow us to build a better nigeria
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by ikeyman00(m): 3:00pm On Oct 14, 2012
^^^^ hmmmm basta rd
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by lagcity(m): 7:19pm On Oct 14, 2012
I am tired of tribal war. Pls let us give it a rest. grin
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by yarodin: 7:29pm On Oct 14, 2012
LOL, are Yoruba manu still mad about the truth that was written by the Great Achebe? LOL, if una like all of you can go drown in a big drum of Yoruba,nothing will change. Igbo this, Igbo that, what you cowards cannot say in person you all run online to release your venoms.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by cjrane: 7:38pm On Oct 14, 2012
yarodin: LOL, are Yoruba manu still mad about the truth that was written by the Great Achebe? LOL, if una like all of you can go drown in a big drum of Yoruba,nothing will change. Igbo this, Igbo that, what you cowards cannot say in person you all run online to release your venoms.

The funny thing is that Achebe in Page 122-155 of the book criticized some of the decisions taken by Ojukwu during that conflict. Igbos or Ojukwu's family have not started making paid newspaper advertisement to insult Prof. Achebe for stating some hard truths. But our "shofisticated" friends in the west want to pull down the country over a book on Biafra and Awolowo's criminal role in the whole thing.
Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 14, 2012
If not for british intervention ''colonialism''::::::::::: Southeast would ve been Yoruba conquered land......we have reached benin....

Ndigbo lagos should ask Ashebe just three(3) things;

He should 'do bale' for Oni of Ife with Alaafin Of Oyo........

He should 'Do bale' for the tomb of Chief Awolowo,GCFR......

He should apologise to ''yoruba nation'' on CNN ,BBC AND AL-JAZEERA.......

We shall 'sure fun'..........oloriburuku okoro oshi

1 Like

Re: Awolowo, Achebe Controversy Unnecessary – Ndigbo Lagos by EagleNest(m): 7:11am On Oct 15, 2012
Time shall tell whether the entity called Nigeria will still stand not the current rantings in Nairaland.
Corruption and tribalism is a serious treat to this union and should be our primary concern and not what happened in the past.
Tribal bashing is a serious waste of time but can incite hatred just like Tutsi and Tutsi war in Rwanda.
At the end it was all vanity and stupid.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CAN To Intervene In Jonathan-amaechi Face-off / Akpabio Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers / Senate Confirms The Appointment Of Eight INEC Commissioners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.