Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,911 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Boastful Governor Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boastful Governor Okorocha (639 Views)

Governor Okorocha Dressed As A Secondary School Student / Governor Okorocha Congratulates Buhari / Governor Okorocha, The Economics Teacher (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Boastful Governor Okorocha by WHISTLEBLOWER1: 10:07am On Oct 13, 2012
Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha, the man who has been introducing all kinds of warped political experiments in the name of governance, is at it again. It’s not as if he has added to the unending list of his special advisers/assistants or added another tier of government to make the fifth in the state. This time he has set for himself a seeming laudable mission, but one which of course he has set about the wrong way. Okorocha had told THISDAY in an interview last week that he was on a mission to make the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) capture the South-east. Of the five states in the South-east geopolitical zone, APGA controls two: Imo and Anambra states. Okorocha said he would make APGA capture and dominate the zone the same way the Action Congress of Nigeria holds sway in the South-west. The governor said it’s a mission he has set for himself.

This seems a noble mission if you ask me. It is all well and good. I have always believed parties should evolve and consolidate in areas where they have comparative advantage over others. Even if that would make such parties regional parties, so be it. We need regional parties to shake and shape those that want to struggle for power at the centre, may be in doing so we can restructure the centre and re-order the broken politics of Abuja. But the way Okorocha is going about his own mission is my problem. Must you kill the APGA platform first before seeking to use a dead party to win the South-east in 2015? The problem of APGA today is down to the bitter supremacy struggle playing out between Okorocha and Anambra State Governor Peter Obi, the two main financiers of the party. For the life of me, why is Okorocha desperately fighting APGA chairman Victor Umeh if not to lord it over the party?

Many had thought – this writer inclusive – that with the virtual end of the Victor Umeh/Chekwas Okorie battle for control of APGA, which was waged for so long, the time had come for the party to set sail in line with the ideals of its guiding light, the late Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu. I was wrong. It seems the real battle of supremacy has been rekindled with Okorocha’s new mission. Pray, why is Imo State always blessed with boastful governors? I recall there was one fellow who was governor of the state from late 2007 till 2011, Ikedi Ohakim, who boasted that as he delivered massive votes for President Jonathan during the PDP presidential primary election in 2011 in Abuja and delivered over one million votes for the President in the ensuing presidential election, he would retain the governorship of the state. But when the chips were down, when the time for the election came, the boastful governor was booted out of office. The man who allegedly helped others couldn’t help himself. The physician could not heal himself. So much about Ohakim and Okorocha!

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/boastful-governor-okorocha/127578/
Re: Boastful Governor Okorocha by WHISTLEBLOWER1: 10:07am On Oct 13, 2012
What a people..!
Re: Boastful Governor Okorocha by 9jaIhail(m): 11:03am On Oct 13, 2012
WHISTLE BLOWER: What a people..!

WHISTLE BLOWER: Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha, the man who has been introducing all kinds of warped political experiments in the name of governance, is at it again. It’s not as if he has added to the unending list of his special advisers/assistants or added another tier of government to make the fifth in the state. This time he has set for himself a seeming laudable mission, but one which of course he has set about the wrong way. Okorocha had told THISDAY in an interview last week that he was on a mission to make the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) capture the South-east. Of the five states in the South-east geopolitical zone, APGA controls two: Imo and Anambra states. Okorocha said he would make APGA capture and dominate the zone the same way the Action Congress of Nigeria holds sway in the South-west. The governor said it’s a mission he has set for himself.

This seems a noble mission if you ask me. It is all well and good. I have always believed parties should evolve and consolidate in areas where they have comparative advantage over others. Even if that would make such parties regional parties, so be it. We need regional parties to shake and shape those that want to struggle for power at the centre, may be in doing so we can restructure the centre and re-order the broken politics of Abuja. But the way Okorocha is going about his own mission is my problem. Must you kill the APGA platform first before seeking to use a dead party to win the South-east in 2015? The problem of APGA today is down to the bitter supremacy struggle playing out between Okorocha and Anambra State Governor Peter Obi, the two main financiers of the party. For the life of me, why is Okorocha desperately fighting APGA chairman Victor Umeh if not to lord it over the party?

Many had thought – this writer inclusive – that with the virtual end of the Victor Umeh/Chekwas Okorie battle for control of APGA, which was waged for so long, the time had come for the party to set sail in line with the ideals of its guiding light, the late Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu. I was wrong. It seems the real battle of supremacy has been rekindled with Okorocha’s new mission. Pray, why is Imo State always blessed with boastful governors? I recall there was one fellow who was governor of the state from late 2007 till 2011, Ikedi Ohakim, who boasted that as he delivered massive votes for President Jonathan during the PDP presidential primary election in 2011 in Abuja and delivered over one million votes for the President in the ensuing presidential election, he would retain the governorship of the state. But when the chips were down, when the time for the election came, the boastful governor was booted out of office. The man who allegedly helped others couldn’t help himself. The physician could not heal himself. So much about Ohakim and Okorocha!

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/boastful-governor-okorocha/127578/

You and your anti Imo state campaign can't you go back and tell your pay masters that you are not having a good skills to run a better campaign of hate?

(1) (Reply)

Gov Orji At War With Revenue Collectors / Taraba State Govenor Is Dead..aka MR BOKO / #terror: Hurricane Sandy Leaves Death, Water Surges And Darkness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.