Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,474 members, 7,846,973 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 08:43 AM

Hillary Clinton Desperate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hillary Clinton Desperate (1069 Views)

Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York / Hillary Clinton Blasts President Jonathan. Claims He's Corrupt / Bill Clinton Bowing Down For Obama [PIC] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hillary Clinton Desperate by Aleksys: 5:51pm On Jan 22, 2008
From the way Hillary and her spouse attack Barak, it shows that Hillary is very desperate to become the president at all cost. She never expect that somebody like Obama could make such a wave and influence the mind of voters in such a short time. Hillary has hitherto believed that she is the anointed candidate of the democrat only for Obama to surface with such a popular movement that sent jitters up the spine of Hillary. She is eminently qualified no doubt but not at the expense of a robust debate.
Re: Hillary Clinton Desperate by Truthman(m): 6:01pm On Jan 22, 2008
The attacks are not one sided as you claim. The Clintons have a right to draw attention to inconsistencies in Obama's position on issues just as he has pointed out inconsistencies in Hilliary positions as well. That is the hallmark of politics, it shouldn't change because Obama is running for office
Re: Hillary Clinton Desperate by Aleksys: 6:08pm On Jan 22, 2008
Very true Truthman, but the body language on the part of Hillary exhibits a lot of bitterness spiced with anger
Re: Hillary Clinton Desperate by Truthman(m): 6:16pm On Jan 22, 2008
I do not agree. I think she did manage herself well yesterday.
Re: Hillary Clinton Desperate by Aleksys: 6:34pm On Jan 22, 2008
True she did manage herself well yesterday but you only need to look at where, when and how the whole back and forth started.
Re: Hillary Clinton Desperate by bawomol(m): 6:50pm On Jan 22, 2008
they are both playing a political game. it isn't one-sided. how is she desperate when she has more delegates than obama at this point??
Re: Hillary Clinton Desperate by Aleksys: 7:02pm On Jan 22, 2008

how is she desperate when she has more delegates than obama at this point??[/quote

It's too early in the day to say who will eventually have the highest number of delegates. Whoever wins between both of them have my support. However I am very proud of Barak.
Re: Hillary Clinton Desperate by Truequest(m): 11:38am On Jan 23, 2008
Some people just take pleasure in picking hole in whatever the Clintons do.
Follow the candidates very well you'll discover that it is not fair to single out Clinton for such attack.
Re: Hillary Clinton Desperate by kaycrystal(m): 3:54pm On Jan 23, 2008
Truequest:

Some people just take pleasure in picking hole in whatever the Clintons do.
Follow the candidates very well you'll discover that it is not fair to single out Clinton for such attack.

maybe they too are playing their own politics! its allowed!!! cheesy
Re: Hillary Clinton Desperate by ndubest(m): 4:38pm On Jan 23, 2008
I wonder if Americans will ever do politics without name calling

your father, your mother, wife or husband etc

let them stick to issues and not personal attacks
Re: Hillary Clinton Desperate by dayokanu(m): 9:19pm On Jan 24, 2008
"Sen. Clinton announced while we were still in Iowa that this was going to be her strategy and called it the 'fun part' of campaigning. I don't think it's the fun part to fudge the truth," he said. Video Watch Obama fire back at Clinton »

"If you get the kind of looseness with the facts that Sen. Clinton's displayed and you're willing to say anything to get a political or tactical advantage, that erodes people's trust in government. It makes them cynical," Obama said.

"It's important for our campaign to not only make sure the record is correct when folks are saying things that don't jive with the facts but also that we are sending a message to voters that we're going to bring about a different kind of politics over the long term."

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/22/democrats.sc/index.html
Re: Hillary Clinton Desperate by watchung: 1:16am On Jan 25, 2008
I don't think Hillary Clinton is desperate. This is politics, its a full contact sport and this is how the game has been played for a long time. If Barack can't beat the Clintons then think about what the Republicans will do to him. If you want to know then google "Lee Atwater". His tactics are still used successfully by the republicans. Politics is a game and the Clintons have successfully put Barack on defense. Instead of talking about his message of change he's playing a tit for tat with the master of the game, Bill Clinton which as far as I'm concerned is going to be a losing battle for him. Its now like a wrestling match where you're fighting with two people and getting hit from different angles. They've strategically and successfully made him into the "Black Candidate" which would make his win in South Carolina useless because of the overwhelming amount of blacks that will vote for him. I think the Obama people made a big mistake pushing MLK issue to much.
Re: Hillary Clinton Desperate by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jan 28, 2008
no, no, no, to hillary clinton. obama is my man
Re: Hillary Clinton Desperate by sagitarius(m): 9:28pm On Jan 28, 2008
much as i don't see Hilary as being desperate, I agree with the poster that she never expected dat Obama would be such a tough match. I admire Obama, He's very intelligent
Re: Hillary Clinton Desperate by tlops(m): 11:07pm On Jan 28, 2008
Any of the duo will eventually set a record in Ameriacn History,
Re: Hillary Clinton Desperate by Iman3(m): 1:35am On Jan 29, 2008
An absolutely brilliant piece on the Clintons:http://www.slate.com/id/2182938/

How can one equal Bill Clinton for thuggery and opportunism when it comes to the so-called "race card"? And where does one even start with the breathtaking nastiness of his own conduct, and that of his supporters, in the last week? Barack Obama carries South Carolina having made no sectarian appeal to any specific kind of voter, and the best Clinton can say is that this is no better than Jesse Jackson managed to do. Really? Did Jackson come south having already got himself elected the senator from Illinois? And, come to think of it, was Jackson so much to be despised and sneered at when he was needed as Clinton's "confessor," along with Billy Graham, during the squalor of impeachment?

This calculated willingness to shop on both sides of the street of racial politics was actually analyzed quite shrewdly by Dick Morris, the former consigliere of the gruesome twosome, in conversation with Sean Hannity last week. The Clintons, he thought, would be quite happy to lose big to the "black vote" in South Carolina. It would enable them to signal that they were the ones to stem the flow of the color tide. Morris' host protested that this seemed a touch cynical. Morris jovially assured him that he knew the people he was talking about.

As indeed he did. It was Hillary Clinton who insisted on recalling Morris to the embattled White House, notwithstanding his various disgraces and notwithstanding the fact that he had been the adviser and strategist for Jesse Helms of North Carolina. Why am I saying "notwithstanding"? It was because he had performed so well for Helms, including helping him with the famous "white hands" ad that showed a white man crumpling up a letter that told him of preference for "minorities" in hiring, that Morris was thought of by the then-first lady as such a guru.
Re: Hillary Clinton Desperate by Iman3(m): 1:38am On Jan 29, 2008
I never quite understand how the Clintons' initial exploitation of racism was overlooked the first time around and has been airbrushed from the record since. After falling behind in the New Hampshire primary in 1992, and after being caught lying about the affair with Gennifer Flowers to which he later confessed under oath, Clinton left the campaign trail and flew home to Arkansas to give the maximum publicity to his decision to sign a death warrant for Ricky Ray Rector. Rector was a black inmate on death row who had shot himself in the head after committing a double murder and, instead of dying as a result, had achieved the same effect as a lobotomy would have done. He never understood the charge against him or the sentence. After being served his last meal, he left the pecan pie on the side of the tray, as he told the guards who came to take him to the execution chamber, "for later."

Several police and prison-officer witnesses expressed extreme queasiness at this execution of a gravely impaired man, and the prison chaplain, Dennis Pigman, later resigned from the prison service. The whole dismal and cruel and pathetic story was told by Marshall Frady in a long essay in The New Yorker in 1993 and is also recounted in a chapter titled "Chameleon in Black and White" by your humble servant in his book No One Left To Lie To. For now, I just ask you to imagine what would have been said if a Republican governor, falling in the polls, had gone out of his way to execute a mentally incompetent African-American prisoner.

Or leaf back, if you will, to the New York Times of March 23, 1992, and the jolly headline, "Club Where Clinton Has Golfed Retains Ways of Old South." Yes indeedy, the Country Club of Little Rock had 500 members, all of them white, and the aspirant candidate had himself photographed there more than once until Jerry Brown made an issue of it. It was then announced by Clinton's people that "the staff and facilities" at the club were "integrated"—a pretty way of stating that the toilets were cleaned by black Arkansans. Yet all this was forgiven by credulous liberals who were sure that they had discovered a New Democrat who was a Southerner to boot.
Re: Hillary Clinton Desperate by fatherab1: 2:05pm On Jan 31, 2008
Hillary becoming the president gives Bill yet another 'tenure' to be the President of the US. That is why they are so desperate. Super Tuesday will tell where their desperacy will land them.
Re: Hillary Clinton Desperate by segunpc(m): 2:44pm On Jan 31, 2008
i'll say that with the endorsement of obama by the kennedy family i bliv he is up and going.

and i must say that obama is giving clinton a run for her money.

but it ll pain me to see him win the primary against clinton then losing in the main election to the republican candidate.

but i 'll really want a democrat to win whoever it might be.
Re: Hillary Clinton Desperate by Horus(m): 10:36am On Feb 07, 2008
Five reasons Hillary should be worried

By: Jim VandeHei and Mike Allen
February 6, 2008 06:12 PM EST

Hillary Clinton survived a Super Tuesday scare. But there are five big reasons the former first lady should be spooked by the current trajectory of the campaign.
Longtime Clinton friends say she recognizes the peril in careening between near-death primary night experiences and small-bore victories.
Although the friends did not have details, they believe she may go ahead with the campaign shake-up she had been planning just before her surprise victory in New Hampshire.
Her team is girding for trench warfare, telling reporters that the nomination will not be decided until at least the Pennsylvania primary on April 22, if then.
Clinton aides told reporters on a conference call today that the Democratic Party’s complex delegate allocation rules mean that neither candidate is likely to take a sizable lead in the foreseeable future.
While Clinton’s campaign gloated about having the most total delegates for the cycle so far, her staff nevertheless recognizes that Super Tuesday was no triumph. Here’s why:
1. She lost the delegate derby. Pure and simple, this is a war to win delegates, one that might not be decided until this summer’s Democratic convention.
And when the smoke cleared this morning, it appeared that Barack Obama had ended up with slightly more delegates in the 22 states.
Obama’s campaign says the senator finished ahead by 14 delegates.
With results still coming in, Clinton’s campaign says the candidates finished within five or six delegates of each other. Either way, Super Tuesday was essentially a draw.
Clinton may still hold the edge overall, but Obama is closing in rapidly.
2. She essentially tied Obama in the popular vote. Each won just over 7.3 million votes, a level of parity that was unthinkable as recently as a few weeks ago.
At the time, national polls showed Clinton with a commanding lead — in some cases, by 10 points or more. That dominance is now gone.
One reason is that polls and primary results reveal that the more voters get to know Barack Obama, the more they seem to like him.
This is especially troubling for Clinton since the schedule slows dramatically now and a full month will pass before the next big-state showdown.
All of this allows candidates ample time to introduce themselves to voters in each state — which plays to Obama’s core strengths.
3. She lost more states. Obama carried 14 states, six more than Clinton, and showed appeal in every geographical region.
His win in bellwether Missouri was impressive by nearly every measure, marked by victories among men and women, secular and churchgoing voters, and urban and suburban voters.
4. She lost the January cash war. Money chases momentum, so Obama crushing’s 2-to-1 fundraising victory last month is revealing.
He raised more than $31 million; Clinton raised less than $14 million. The implication is hard to ignore: Democratic activists and donors are flocking to Obama at a pace that could have a profound effect on the race going forward.
5. The calendar is her enemy. Now that more than half the states have weighed in, there is a fairly predictable formula for determining who is most likely to win the upcoming contests.
In caucus states, Obama’s organizational strength shines: He has won seven of eight. Up next are three more caucus states, Washington, Nebraska and Maine.
Barack Obama also runs tremendously well in states with large African-American populations, another promising sign since next Tuesday’s three primaries are in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia — all of which have significant percentages of black voters.
Then comes another caucus state, Hawaii, where Obama is viewed as a native son.
The bottom line is that it figures to be another month before Clinton hits a stretch of states — places like Ohio and Pennsylvania — where she will be strongly favored to win.
So it couldn’t be any clearer as to why the supposedly inevitable candidacy is anything but — even when she’s supposedly winning.

Source: TM & © THE POLITICO & POLITICO.COM, a division of Allbritton Communications Company
Re: Hillary Clinton Desperate by Lady2(f): 8:56pm On Feb 07, 2008
@ ndubest

I wonder if Americans will ever do politics without name calling

your father, your mother, wife or husband etc

let them stick to issues and not personal attacks

What about Nigeria?

I disagree, the Americans don't bring in persoanl issues, they attack the professionalism and character of a candidate.

Nigeria airs the dirty laundry
Re: Hillary Clinton Desperate by cupidrubby: 9:10pm On Feb 07, 2008
Politics is a game we leant 4rm d americans so wat do you espect? cry
Re: Hillary Clinton Desperate by mystikal(m): 1:22am On Feb 08, 2008
I think there isnt much differnece betwwen Obama's policies and Hilary's except of course the only fact that Hilary voted for the Iraq war before. I think they're very much talking about doing the same things for america. Obviously sentiments aside i think Hilary would make a better president, she has that little edge of experience, Obama of course is a very energetic and promising character but he reminds me of a "young promising pop star who is making all the headlines at the moment'',.

With Romney having suspended his campaign, making McCain an obvious Republican Candidate, the Democrats will only be doing themselves more harm if they allow this drag on till their convention in August.
Re: Hillary Clinton Desperate by Horus(m): 10:06am On Feb 08, 2008
Believe me, the Bushes and Clintons are friends, and have been for decades at least since George H.W. Bush was President and Bill Clinton was Governor of Arkansas. At least since then probably longer.However, the connection between the Bushes and Clintons is much deeper than that. Both families are also part of the inside cabal of New World Order globalists. They share the same clubs, the same parties, and the same agenda. Why else do you think that when G.W. Bush became President he did not undo anything Bill Clinton had done? For the same reason that Hillary Clinton will not undo anything that G.W. Bush has done if she becomes President and that includes the Iraq war.Mark it down: Hillary will keep U.S. troops in Iraq.If she becomes President She will also follow through with whatever other military plans Bush has already put in place.
Re: Hillary Clinton Desperate by Horus(m): 10:35am On Feb 14, 2008
Hillary is planning a big comeback with lots of crocodile tears and lots of tissues to wipe her true tears in front to the cameras…that will move the sensitive hearts of the old White womens. Clearly, tears is her best asset and prerogative in the race. The problem is that this is about all her available assets now.

(1) (Reply)

Dear Attorney General (Aondoakaa) / North Ruled For 40 Years.obasanjo Is The Only South That Stay 1 Year(office) / Mending Fences, Really?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.