Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,340 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Urgently Needed Sat3 Or Glo 1-3mb Internet Access - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Urgently Needed Sat3 Or Glo 1-3mb Internet Access (1725 Views)

This One Ferry Will Decongest 3mb Of 2000 Cars Per Day!!! / Do You Have An Mtn Faslink Or Glo 3g Modem For Sale? / Still In Doubts Call In Today: 24hrs Internet Access;no Bandwith Limit; (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgently Needed Sat3 Or Glo 1-3mb Internet Access by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:20pm On Jan 22, 2008
Please can anyone on Nairaland recommend steps to acquiring SAT3 or Glo internet access in the range of 1-3MB

I need contact numbers and a pricing schedule if possible.

Thank you very much
Re: Urgently Needed Sat3 Or Glo 1-3mb Internet Access by jdoss: 2:43pm On Feb 18, 2008
Call 09-5245153, that's the Nitel head office in Abuja. They will get it to the nearest exchange, you have to take it from there. I know 1 meg costs $5,000.
Re: Urgently Needed Sat3 Or Glo 1-3mb Internet Access by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:43pm On Mar 05, 2008
We have been advised to use one of the ISP's who have bought IP-Wholesale from NITEL they are charging

$6500 for a 1/1MB Link. is this possible? I mean can they actually deliver the bandwidth at that price.

1: How can i measure accurately what bandwidth i am receiving (up/down)
2: How are they doing it, is there some schematic or diagram to describe how they deliver bandwidth to you such that i am aware of overheads or limitation s that can reduce the contracted bandwidth.
3: What type of SLA should one construct in this regard.

Thanks
Re: Urgently Needed Sat3 Or Glo 1-3mb Internet Access by fyneguy: 7:33pm On Mar 06, 2008
Hey man,

send me a mail on isaiahtel@gmail.com

stating the bandwidth size and last mile details i.e the exact address where it will be deployed

leave ur fone number as well
Re: Urgently Needed Sat3 Or Glo 1-3mb Internet Access by hayprof(m): 11:34pm On Mar 06, 2008
fyneguy:

Hey man,

send me a mail on isaiahtel@gmail.com

stating the bandwidth size and last mile details i.e the exact address where it will be deployed

leave your phone number as well

:Contractor: grin
Re: Urgently Needed Sat3 Or Glo 1-3mb Internet Access by fyneguy: 10:31am On Mar 07, 2008
lol hayprof.

Since i no fit rob, no be to hussle?
Re: Urgently Needed Sat3 Or Glo 1-3mb Internet Access by donmayor(m): 7:52pm On Mar 09, 2008
1Mbps for 6500USD, absolute rip off
Re: Urgently Needed Sat3 Or Glo 1-3mb Internet Access by fyneguy: 11:44am On Mar 10, 2008
I can give you 1/1 Mbps (full duplex) $4,500 in Lagos on SAT3
Re: Urgently Needed Sat3 Or Glo 1-3mb Internet Access by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:36pm On Apr 14, 2008
Thanks guys for your help.

I will require the following from any contractor or company

1: Evidence of Technological Competence (references and stuff)
2: How you intend to acquire (direct link with NITEL people, third-party ISP etc)
3: SLAs
4: Maintenance Plan (Support or incident management, how do we reach you to resolve this)
5: Cost Outlay (Breakdown cost of acquisition, installation, logistics and running costs if any)

It would be preferable to have a company rather than a contractor, but hey, if you have solid business case, then why not.

Please send to info@africafc.org

Apologies if the requirements involve some work writing up (for no pay) there is also a chance that a redundant (backup) "secondary" link will be needed.

Thanks for your time

(1) (Reply)

More On #winner Takes Earth / Ten Types Of People You Meet In Church. / Famous Logos That Have Deep, Hidden Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.