Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,027 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

School Of Fasting (part 1) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / School Of Fasting (part 1) (2045 Views)

What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? / 6 Signs That Show A Church Is Becoming Secular. Part 1 / Have You Paid Your Last Or Previous Years Missed Ramadan Fasting? Part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

School Of Fasting (part 1) by God2man(m): 3:12am On Oct 15, 2012
Ecclesiastes 10:16-17 " Woe to thee, O land, when thy king is a child, and thy princes eat in the morning!
Blessed art thou, O land, when thy king is the son of nobles, and thy princes eat in DUE season, for strength, and NOT for drunkenness!"

Again, Matthew 6:16-18 " Moreover when ye fast, be not as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance; for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear to men to fast. Verily, i say unto you, they have their reward"

For a true leader or a christian leader, fasting is a must. It shows temprance. It is a form of disciplining your own body. It is a way of putting the flesh under subjection. It kills the power of the flesh. The truth is, if you want to have an encounter with God, you need to pass through the SCHOOL OF FASTING.

What is fasting? It is a period of time when you eat NO FOOD.

FOOD, FOOD, FOOD, caused the fall of man. Genesis 3:1-9, and the reverse will be the case for any man that would like to rise and shine in this endtime, what am i talking about? I am saying that food caused the fall of man, so, any man or woman that will continue to eat without creating a period for fasting will never be victorious as a christian. Such a christian will be in danger as long as he lives, he will be limited spiritually, he is an immature christian.

What happens during the period of fasting? The body makes use of minerals stored in the body, some of these minerals are broken down to provide strength for the body. While other minerals containing some toxic substances are flushed through urine. Recently, i was on three days dry fast, NO FOOD, NO WATER. I urinated through out the three days. The question is, where is the water soluble coming from? You see, i can say categorically that when it comes to the issue of fasting, human beings are very low in understanding the truth about fasting. Why? We give various excuses like " why i should i fast? Am i the one that kill Jesus? Why should i suffer myself? Oh! I am too lean, i cannot fast. I don't have the stamina or gift for fasting. Do you want me to die. In our family, if we fast, we die. I will not fast, if God has not directed me to fast. I am a weak person, i cannot withstand long fast". And lastly the final blow, "The Doctor said"
These are the various excuses people give to avoid fasting by all means. The devil is a bad devil, a big liar, the great deceiver and wickedly wicked. The devil knows that if a true christian can fast and pray, he is in serious trouble, so, the devil put these negative confession in the mouth of a believer to stop them from fasting.

Mattew 17:21" Howbeit this KIND goeth not out but by prayer and fasting"
Some prayers will never be answered if you refuse to add fasting to it. Fasting put FIRE on Satan. Fasting makes us to concentrate during prayer. It enables spiritual power to be released against the battle of life.

Apart from the spiritual benefits of fasting, there are other things we can gain physically while fasting, i have mentioned one, that toxic substances in the body are flushed out of the body.
Fasting improves our thinking abilities, fasting makes it easier for us to remember whatever we have learnt. It is good for the student.
Many years ago, before i got born again, i was affected by pimples, pimples almost destroyed my face, but glory be to God, when i gave my life to christ, we were instructed to fast, everything cleared up, my face became smooth. Fasting makes the skin more beautiful, like a child. Fasting gives rest to all the organs of the body especially the digestive system. It is like squeezing an already washed cloth for drying. It renews the body. Whether you are lean or fat you need fasting to improve your figure. A good fast will destroy bad habit in the body, like smoking, drinking. Anything causing sickness in your body will be remove by a good fasting.

How can we fast? Or how can i have a successful fasting period?

First thing first, Rome is not built in a day. It is like a school, you start with 12 hours, then after sometime,18hrs, then 24hrs. Then you begin with one and half day fasting period, two days, three days. After you have mastered 3 days and you have graduated, you move to 4 days, 5 days, 6 days, 7days, 10 days. I would like to suggest that after 3 days, you need to go to a secluded area with somebody that you will do it together. Hotel, a room in the church, mountain. The Apostles were in an upper room for almost ten days waiting for the baptism of "HOLYGHOST". I have said the surest way to have an encounter with God is through purposeful fasting with determination.

How do i start eating again? Or how do i break the fast?

This is very dangerous especially after 3 days, 7 days, or 10 days. You must not RUSH. Gradually, little by little, first, you can take warm or cold water, then fruits preferably, pawpaw, then you wait for a day or two before you start eating normal food. I repeat DO NOT RUSH TO BREAK YOUR FAST.

God bless you.
God2man.
Re: School Of Fasting (part 1) by Segunagagu(m): 3:16am On Jan 07, 2013
wooow..DOCUMENTED!!!!
Re: School Of Fasting (part 1) by OmoAlata(f): 5:48pm On Jan 07, 2013
Nice one. I really thought I couldn't do a dry fast but when I had to, I did it for 3 days and I'm still alive grin
Re: School Of Fasting (part 1) by Segunagagu(m): 9:16am On Jan 14, 2013
Omo Alata: Nice one. I really thought I couldn't do a dry fast but when I had to, I did it for 3 days and I'm still alive grin
I don't understand what dry fasting is..plss can u break it down for me..
Re: School Of Fasting (part 1) by Joagbaje(m): 2:32pm On Jan 14, 2013
Thank you so much God2man
Re: School Of Fasting (part 1) by God2man(m): 4:52pm On Jun 11, 2016
Hmnnn.
Re: School Of Fasting (part 1) by God2man2again(m): 3:12am On Mar 24, 2019
Do I need to say more about fasting?

(1) (Reply)

Deeper Life Bible Church Chatbox / Mandela Is In Hell-fire? Well That’s What These “christians” Say | Read Why / Question For Day.do Angels Have Sex Organs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.