Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,686 members, 7,955,567 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:23 AM

Help! Someone Hacked My Site - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help! Someone Hacked My Site (681 Views)

Please Help Me,someone Just Hacked My Wordpress Site / [google Adsense] How To Earn $100 Per Day With | I Think This Might Help Someone / URGENT! My Facebook Was Hacked, My Profile Name Changed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Someone Hacked My Site by Nobody: 7:03am On Oct 15, 2012
somebody hacked my site www.modospot.com , what can i do to bring back my content and better protect my site cuz this is not the first time. i am using wp.
Re: Help! Someone Hacked My Site by utimatedes(m): 7:50am On Oct 15, 2012
Since you use wp for your site, I guess they access it through one of the vulnerable plugins or your them or your weak password or through your ftp. What you need to do is to change your password for your cpanel, your blog, download a fresh wordpress and clean your installation, change the theme or disable all plugin and enable theme one by one and also check any plugin that has not been updated for a long time. Get in touch with your host.

Scan your computer because hacker can get your login details from your infected computer.

1 Like

Re: Help! Someone Hacked My Site by DualCore1: 9:04am On Oct 15, 2012
Contact your host. Its not just your site that was hacked on their server.
The following sites are on the same server too and were hacked (truncated list):

2012/10/14 fgis.com.ng
2012/10/14 midwestmicrofinance.org
2012/10/14 dream925fm.com
2012/10/14 www.goblinandcoal.com
2012/10/14 www.africawln.org
2012/10/05 africangrantmakersnetwork.com
2012/10/05 africangrantmakersnetwork.net
2012/10/02 www.ctourism.oy.gov.ng/n00b.html
2012/10/02 cyberhackerz.in/index.php

2012/09/30 ebenhaezeracademy.co.za

No wonder how I take get the info o, when you drink from the same beer with bad people like slyr0x you inevitably learn some bad things like how to find out all sites that were hacked on a server. tongue

Hopefully your host will have backups in place that they can restore the accounts with while they investigate. These hackers are a menace.
Re: Help! Someone Hacked My Site by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 15, 2012
Are hosting companies that vulnerable?
Re: Help! Someone Hacked My Site by mrperfect(m): 10:42am On Oct 15, 2012
Either you search files that they placed or contact your host provider to search and delete them for you. And update your wordpress and plugins.
Re: Help! Someone Hacked My Site by Slyr0x: 2:46pm On Oct 15, 2012
Brand_new: Are hosting companies that vulnerable?

Most times, access to ONE site means access to all the sites been hosted on the server. .So a vulnerability such as SQL Injection on a website can lead to the full ownage of all the websites hosted on that shared server. .and that is the case here.

Just like DualCore pointed out, all the websites hosted on your server were also hacked as can be seen here here

1. File a report to your hosting coy
2. Delete all your Files/Folders
3. Restore a local backup (any backup you did before 2012/06/08 as this was the 1st time your website got hacked)
4. Change your cPanel password
5. Open your wp-config.php and change your DB_PASSWORD, DB_NAME, DB_USER
6. Login to your phpmyadmin and change your wp-admin password
7. Check your FTP accounts and delete the ones you are not using (personally I create FTP accounts ONLY when I need to transfer stuffs and then I delete afterwards)
8. Grep your files/folders for malicious files with .php extension just to be sure you aint hosting a backdoor

All these should make you a bit secured. .

Also, your hosting coy has a LOT configs to tweak/put in place

Shared hosting can be a major pain in the a.s.s as people can leap frog from one site directory to another

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hackers Breached SC Department Of Revenue And Steal 3.6M Ssns, Credit Card Data / How To Add Contact Form To Your Blog / All Nairaland Webmasters Drop Your Site Url Here. Let Vote 4 The Top Design.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.