Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,303 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Ojukwu Used Starvation To Prolong Civil War. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Used Starvation To Prolong Civil War. (593 Views)

Amazing.....BENIN NNPC Fuel Station Gather To Pray Due To Prolong Fuel Scarcity. / Bakassi: Refugees Suffer Starvation And Death As Food Runs Out At Camp / Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ojukwu Used Starvation To Prolong Civil War. by DonDiara(m): 11:44am On Oct 15, 2012
Femi Okunnu, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, served as the Federal Commissioner for Works and Housing between 1967 and 1974. He was also appointed by General Yakubu Gowon, Nigeria's wartime head of state, as a Special Envoy and Leader of Peace Talks, during the 30-month Nigerian civil war. In this interview with Sulaimon Olanrewaju, he reveals that the federal side's efforts to supply relief materials to the Biafran side to mitigate hunger and starvation among the Igbo were frustrated.

I feel a bit disappointed at the statement credited to one of Nigeria's leading literary lights and, indeed, one of Africa's leading lights, Professor Chinua Achebe. I am quite disappointed about the book alleged to have been written by him about a subject in which I played a leading role on the federal side.

Read more here : http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/lead-stories/49160-ojukwu-used-starvation-to-prolong-civil-war-okunnu
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation To Prolong Civil War. by RedLight1: 12:03pm On Oct 15, 2012
hmmmm... interesting interview

(1) (Reply)

S.africa's Dlamini-zuma Takes Over African Union Top Job / President Jonathan’s Wife, Patience, Returns To Nigeria / Phd, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.