Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,020 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Wake Up! We Need To Talk - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wake Up! We Need To Talk (9308 Views)

What Can I Do To Let My Wife Wake Up Early? / I Kept My Wife’s Corpse In A Room For Three Months Hoping She Would Wake Up –edw / Pictures From The Wake-Keeping Of Victims Of The NYC Car Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by maclatunji: 9:30am On Oct 21, 2012
Aro_007: Middle of the nite is the best time you can discuss with me. During the day time I am always busy at work and after getting home you bet am already fast asleep at 9.00/9.30pm, But any time from 12.30 to 4.30am I am always awake. Wired rite? Well it is a bad habit I got use to while in secondary. Even my dad who is now late knew that that was the best time zone to discuss something meaningful with me.
The unfortunate part of my routine is that it's affecting my relationship with my wife. While we both get back home abt 8.00/8.30 pm, she often still have to take care of the children and often still watch the Africa magic till abt 11.30/12am. This is about the time I am preparing to wake up. This is causing alot of communication problems btw us cos we hardly had the time to talk. The longest time we spend talking together is while coming from work in the traffic, but now that we use separate cars because she is now a nursing mother. We are now strangers. I have tried so had to switch to her routine but it is not just working for me.
Please I need someone advice quickly has I know this is not helping our 3 yrs old marriage.

You sir, need to stop being selfish. You sleep around 9pm? To avoid sleeping, just walk into the kitchen with your wife whilst she is cooking dinner. As she's cooking, you are helping her with it and talking about your day- it's a great way to bond. Discussion spills over to dinner and hopefully she can reduce her Africa Magic. There! Your problem of distance in your marriage is reduced. One hour face-to-face everyday talk can do wonders. You can also chat online during the day.

Your body will learn to sleep around 11pm after a few months. tongue

1 Like

Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by shilling(f): 9:32am On Oct 21, 2012
You already know what the problem is. Change your sleeping habits. It takes time but it is possible.

Aro_007: Middle of the nite is the best time you can discuss with me. During the day time I am always busy at work and after getting home you bet am already fast asleep at 9.00/9.30pm, But any time from 12.30 to 4.30am I am always awake. Wired rite? Well it is a bad habit I got use to while in secondary. Even my dad who is now late knew that that was the best time zone to discuss something meaningful with me.
The unfortunate part of my routine is that it's affecting my relationship with my wife. While we both get back home abt 8.00/8.30 pm, she often still have to take care of the children and often still watch the Africa magic till abt 11.30/12am. This is about the time I am preparing to wake up. This is causing alot of communication problems btw us cos we hardly had the time to talk. The longest time we spend talking together is while coming from work in the traffic, but now that we use separate cars because she is now a nursing mother. We are now strangers. I have tried so had to switch to her routine but it is not just working for me.
Please I need someone advice quickly has I know this is not helping our 3 yrs old marriage.
Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by Konnektions146(m): 10:50am On Oct 21, 2012
i actually prefer talkin at night, my mom does so wen i visit,
could rememeber once ma ex woke me around 2am askin i loosen her weave-on she just fixed cos she aint confortable with it....mehn, no be small thing

most times, de quietness of the night tend to make issue sink well into de head cos dere are no distractions
Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 21, 2012
agoha_vivi: My parents where fond of it especially my mum. Now I'm married my hussy has taken over and is even worse. Most times when something bothers him, he would act perfectly normal only to wake me late at night. There was a night he woke me up to ask why I didn't put enough tomatoes in the rice I prepared the night before. I so wished he were a child that day because I for flog am. I had to leave him to sleep in the guest room that night.

Seems funny tho', but i undstand him, he was between telling u or not,
Sumtimes women are difficult to correct.
They get moody, no man wants to say 'd food isn't okay'... No woman wants to hear it either.
What he did is 100% reasonable.
Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 21, 2012
^^sad hm! not unless the site now lets dopplegangers walk free about its forums.

Spell the nick that sent you d msg if you post the truth.
Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by Tosman12(m): 11:27am On Oct 21, 2012
[quote author=agoha_vivi]There was a night he woke me up to ask why I didn't put enough tomatoes in the rice I prepared the night before. I so wished he were a child that day because I for flog am. I had to leave him to sleep in the guest room that night. [/quote

LWKMA.....UR HUBBY REALLY FUNNY....
Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by ifyalways(f): 11:37am On Oct 21, 2012
My mom used to but not anymore. I think I somehow deserved it, I was real naughty. Her midnight talks was helpful, kept me on track.

Right now,I use midnight waking as a tool for "cornering" my husband. Lol poor him!. Give him a real goood seex when he's dreaming then hand him a blank chequebook to sign. Not foolproof sha, it fails sometimes.
Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 21, 2012
candieangel12:

Housewife ke? I reject am! I am a dental student.
i like this gal. She's delectably evil
Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by goldwaters(f): 2:01pm On Oct 21, 2012
My mom had PhD in waking one up in d dead of d nyt to talk of issues she thot serious. I usually agreed wit her just so I cld go back to sleep.
Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by tnktosin(m): 3:39pm On Oct 21, 2012
Back then when I was still single, I remember the night my g.frnd woke me up asking for a break up. I just told her to postpone d gist till morning, hw can u be breaking up at night, u b winch? She was shocked while me, I carry on with my sleep o.

2 Likes

Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by Konnektions146(m): 3:51pm On Oct 21, 2012
tnktosin: Back then when I was still single, I remember the night my g.frnd woke me up asking for a break up. I just told her to postpone d gist till morning, hw can u be breaking up at night, u b winch? She was shocked while me, I carry on with my sleep o.
LWKMD
Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by debomb: 6:05pm On Oct 21, 2012
Ha! I thought it was only me mom that does that! I hate it with a passion.. she stopped now though! She realized you don't try that "talk" thing to people abroad especially when they've had a long day at work..( anyways I refused picking her calls and even warned her not to ever wake me up from my sleep just to talk unless it's absolutely necessary) 90% of the time, it's not. She wakes up and just want to gist then feigns seriousness by waking someone else. Highly unacceptable and unfair too!
Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by ITbomb(m): 6:10pm On Oct 21, 2012
debomb:
I hate competitions
Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by Christine01(f): 6:42pm On Oct 21, 2012
My parents never did that to us but I had to cultivate the habit of waking up early in the morning as an undergraduate to study. Now that I have graduated, I can't break the habit. I still wake up at 2am every day. I'm trying so hard to break this habit by going to bed very late.... I hope it works with time.

goldwaters: My mom had PhD in waking one up in d dead of d nyt to talk of issues she thot serious. I usually agreed wit her just so I cld go back to sleep.
Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by gruppom: 10:53pm On Oct 21, 2012
stpat1: Chai, you remind me. It was my mum that did it and that was the only time. She woke me up quietly in the middle of the night to discuss my school issues with me. Well I must say it had a positive effect cos after that discussion I did all I could to get back to school cos I really felt how it bothered her so much. Now I'm happy that she did that. Sweet sensitive and understanding mum.
You people want to traumatise me abi. I was in first term of SS1 when my mom woke me up at 1am to begin reading for my SSCE. I am 32 today and i still ask her what that was all about. Did i snore? Was she lonely? Till today she only smiles. I will ask her again tomorrow. Maybe i should wake my kids up tonite. What needs to be said at midnight that can't wait till 6pmm?

3 Likes

Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by peruso: 2:51am On Oct 22, 2012
Well it will be very obvious that .........that person does not like his or her life.

Wake me during the nite

I WILL STAB U WITH ANYTHING THAT ENTERS MY HANDS!!!!!!!!!

Nama!!!
Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by Ayorh4you(m): 8:32am On Oct 22, 2012
candieangel12:

Uhm at night, im usually just talkin on the phone, watchin tv/movie, internet, just plain chillin. I usually fall asleep around 9am n wake up at 1pm.

u ehn.....i pray u wont kill smebody wt laf 1 day
Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by candieangel12(f): 8:45am On Oct 22, 2012
Ayorh4you:

u ehn.....i pray u wont kill smebody wt laf 1 day

LOL, what you mean by that nah? grin
Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by Ayorh4you(m): 8:51am On Oct 22, 2012
candieangel12:

LOL, what you mean by that nah? grin

r u an Alien?
Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by candieangel12(f): 8:52am On Oct 22, 2012
Ayorh4you:

r u an Alien?

Hmmm, why do you ask? &No, Im not an alien.
Re: Wake Up! We Need To Talk by captalex(m): 3:03pm On Nov 10, 2012
chatting with some babe the other day,
i dozed off as i was really tired. i don't know whether that turned her on or what. she just started buzzing my phone like crazy. put the sucker on silent and went back to sleep.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If A Strange Woman And A Child Appears In Your Matrimonial Home / Husband And Wife Issue / Unmarried Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.