Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Lastma Worse Than The Nigerian Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lastma Worse Than The Nigerian Police (926 Views)

Misrule Worse Than Boko Haram-PDP / LASTMA Official, Army Cadet & Police In A Brawl In Lagos Today (Pics) / Oyibo Man Enters LASTMA Bike To Beat Traffic On Ikorodu Road [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lastma Worse Than The Nigerian Police by olyco: 7:36am On Jan 23, 2008
I think Lagos state government should try to train & re-train LASTMA officials, from the latest observations from these people, we might be having another terrible law enforcement agencies far worse off than the Nigerian police. They take bribe forcefully, compulsorily and even exorbitantly than an average Nigerian police, I think somebody on this forum should talk to Babatunde Raji Fashola to set up a monitoring squad for LASTMA
Re: Lastma Worse Than The Nigerian Police by gbolah1(m): 9:38am On Jan 23, 2008
Yes i admit your point but i can tell you that if lastma are not in Lagos metropolis, Lagos road would have not motorable because everybody always been in ease to reach where ever he or she is going and police as already sell there right.

If police arrest you for traffic offence, immediately you give them 100 naira or expeciatly you gave them 500 you have become there GOD they will be the one to pass you

But if lastma arrest you they will never quickly ask for bribe if you try to bribe them immediately,that means you have power them they will now be boosting on you any how, they will make sure you realised the offence you committed

Am not saying they are not collecting bribe but people has there fair in them than police because police as already sell there right

I think if everybody try to obey the traffic no body that lastma will arrest

In other to make sure they are not corrupt like police, Lagos state government need to set up monitoring squad for lastam
Re: Lastma Worse Than The Nigerian Police by kaycrystal(m): 10:13am On Jan 23, 2008
The major bane of our development is that we dont put in measures that enhance productivity and compliance!

who monitors the police as an institution?

who monitors other various institutions we have?

lastma has very good motives and we sure appreciate their role, but we need to set up monitoring units else we are goin to have serious issues on our hands!

gradually, we are building monstsers and encouraging gangsterism in the name of having a sane traffic environment!

lastmas atrocities are rather pathetic and alarming!

something needs to be done!

another thing i heard was that those guys pay their own salaries in order to save govt cost, meaning those outrageous monies goes into the account used in running the outfit! am sure this also enhance the bribes they collect!!!
Re: Lastma Worse Than The Nigerian Police by Truequest(m): 10:59am On Jan 23, 2008
another thing i heard was that those guys pay their own salaries in order to save govt cost, meaning those outrageous monies goes into the account used in running the outfit! am sure this also enhance the bribes they collect!!!

This is a serious matter and should be treated as such,
do you know that some times you can't even pin down the supposed offence.
You better believe it they are more vicious and wicked to say the least.
We want the road to be free, we want the traffic to flow,
we also want a lagos were law and other is kept and rights of her citizens respected.

If anyone thin lastma as it is consitituted today is ok,
I can assure you that you'll ecounter them in no distant time,
except you are one of them
Re: Lastma Worse Than The Nigerian Police by segunpc(m): 3:54pm On Jan 24, 2008
some r good while some r bad!

just like the police.

(1) (Reply)

Aftermath Of Pdp Convention: Can Ogbulafor Neutralize Obasanjo's Hold On Pdp! / Adams Oshimole Just Won Gold At The Tribunal / Generator Importers Frustrating Power Projects-Fg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.