Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,861 members, 7,824,589 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

UKBA Officers Caught In Lagos Filing Fake Visa Application For Maid - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UKBA Officers Caught In Lagos Filing Fake Visa Application For Maid (13429 Views)

UKBA Staff Are Rejecting African Visas Unfairly - Independent Report / UK STUDENT VISA WARNING: UKBA Approved Banks For Maintenance Funds / Ukba Nigeria Annoucement Regarding E-passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UKBA Officers Caught In Lagos Filing Fake Visa Application For Maid by justwise(m): 12:03pm On Oct 16, 2012
debosky:

That's even reasonable - there are many areas where the cost is close to £300 a week per child, especially for those that open early and close late. In that sense it was a fantastic plot by the officers - save nearly 3/4ths of what you would usually pay for your child. Awon Ole. grin

That's really not the point JW - the issue here is that an official that bends the rules in this fashion for his/her own benefit is likely not going to be a rational/objective assessor of applications and may treat applicants unfairly. No one is questioning the underlying principles of visa issuing, just the suitability of these individuals for such a task given their own attempts to manipulate the system.

Yes i agree with you on that, and we should also give credit to the BHC for exposing their own officials.

1 Like

Re: UKBA Officers Caught In Lagos Filing Fake Visa Application For Maid by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 16, 2012
so Justwise and co whats the possible punishment if the couple are convicted? Loose jobs? 2 years jail time? Nanny deported? What would likely happen? I'm eager to know.
Re: UKBA Officers Caught In Lagos Filing Fake Visa Application For Maid by justwise(m): 12:11pm On Oct 16, 2012
BUSH MAN: not bad for a nanny in the uk

Its actually bad,they would have cheated her massively, if she will be working 11hrs a day 5days a week on minimum wage then she should be going home with £338.8p per week, multiple that by 4 and see, she supposed to be paid at least £6.16 per hr by law.
Re: UKBA Officers Caught In Lagos Filing Fake Visa Application For Maid by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 16, 2012
justwise:

Its actually bad,they would have cheated her massively, if she will be working 11hrs a day 5days a week on minimum wage then she should be going home with £338.8p per week, multiple that by 4 and see, she supposed to be paid at least £6.16 per hr by law.

Like I said before some of the wages of a live-in nanny is between £300 -400 a month, feeding and accommodation offset some of the wages.
Re: UKBA Officers Caught In Lagos Filing Fake Visa Application For Maid by justwise(m): 12:18pm On Oct 16, 2012
trae_z: so Justwise and co whats the possible punishment if the couple are convicted? Loose jobs? 2 years jail time? Nanny deported? What would likely happen? I'm eager to know.

Well the nanny did not travel with them because the visa was not issued, i guess the couple would have resigned by now because their position has become untenable.

They may get couple of months jail sentence or suspended jail sentence for some yrs depending on the weight of evidences against them, but i doubt if they will hold that job again.
Re: UKBA Officers Caught In Lagos Filing Fake Visa Application For Maid by paris10: 12:21pm On Oct 16, 2012
justwise:

You can be refused a visa even when you met all requirements, its not a right, its a privilege.

The title should be your main concern. Oya, start lambasting your sister and brother now. They are criminals. So, white officials working for UKBA can also be fraud?

I said this because you're always quick to label and happy to criticize any Nigerian caught for immigration offences not giving a damn about their mental state.

You haven't called them criminals yet, I'm waiting!
Re: UKBA Officers Caught In Lagos Filing Fake Visa Application For Maid by justwise(m): 12:24pm On Oct 16, 2012
paris10:

The title should be your main concern. Oya, start lambasting your sister and brother now. They are criminals. So, white officials working for UKBA can also be fraud?

I said this because you're always quick to label and happy to criticize any Nigerian caught for immigration offences not giving a damn about their mental state.

You haven't called them criminals yet, I'm waiting!

justwise: [/b]

Yes i agree with you on that, and we should also give credit to the BHC for exposing their own officials.
Re: UKBA Officers Caught In Lagos Filing Fake Visa Application For Maid by paris10: 12:36pm On Oct 16, 2012
justwise: we should also give credit to the BHC for exposing their own officials.

[/b]

Nah, call them criminals and shame them with the words you've used several times on Nigeria. Aren't they criminals? Aren't they fraud? Abeg, do justice like @justwise would normally do.
Re: UKBA Officers Caught In Lagos Filing Fake Visa Application For Maid by justwise(m): 12:48pm On Oct 16, 2012
paris10:

Nah, call them criminals and shame them with the words you've used several times on Nigeria. Aren't they criminals? Aren't they fraud? Abeg, do justice like @justwise would normally do.

Bullocks.

They are not criminals, they are decent people. I have to consider their mental state remember?
Re: UKBA Officers Caught In Lagos Filing Fake Visa Application For Maid by ochukoccna: 12:57pm On Oct 16, 2012
chucky234: Does anyone pay a nanny as much as £300 in Nigeria? They should have allow the poor woman to follow the couple to UK jare,at least they would have provided her with food and apartment tax free.
Why don't you volunteer a female family member e.g. your sister to go slave away for this oyinbos? undecided undecided undecided
At least they would provide her with food and apartment tax free. angry angry angry
Re: UKBA Officers Caught In Lagos Filing Fake Visa Application For Maid by dabossman(m): 2:01pm On Oct 16, 2012
Erelu_Y:

Hey, I sabi this guy now. We don jam for Champions Planet before. Na Chelsea fan. E for tell me say him need nanny, I for don borrow am Akosia for village for 250GBP sef. Yeye.
Re: UKBA Officers Caught In Lagos Filing Fake Visa Application For Maid by dabossman(m): 2:04pm On Oct 16, 2012
justwise:

You don't see anything wrong in cheating the system? Was the maid qualified for visa? They lied about the number of months they have employed her, the same people who are supposed to prevent fraud are engaging in one. That was the crime.

You're right on the money. It's quite shameful.
Re: UKBA Officers Caught In Lagos Filing Fake Visa Application For Maid by Onegai(f): 3:15pm On Oct 16, 2012
They broke their laws, 11 hours a day for 300 pounds per month is about the same rate as bank job in naija (and no-one working at that rate likes their job) plus since they illegally tried to get her in, had she annoyed them or quarrelled over pay later, they could easily report the nanny to Border Authority and have her deported. And I don't think when they deport you, they give you time to get all your belongings and cash, they most likely tell you to write the bank and you start fighting internationally. Plus for a case of false employment visa, govt has the right to seize the salary. Think about that before we say this chick was moving to better life. I know some naija family who took a girl to US as nanny, she did nanny for almost 16 yrs and the only schooling they paid for her was Dental Hygenist (lower than a nurse).
Re: UKBA Officers Caught In Lagos Filing Fake Visa Application For Maid by paris10: 3:28pm On Oct 16, 2012

Bullocks.

They are not criminals, they are decent people. I have to consider their mental state remember?

Do not justify your bullock write-up based on my assertion that you do condemn Nigerians without giving a second thought. These people are not Nigerians mind you!

And why talking about the woman and Visa when you should be focusing your criticism to the "criminals"? Behind every successful drug dealer or criminal benefit, there's a white man waiting somewhere for his share of the spoil.

Crimes are what they are today, and millions are being put away just to appease the middle-class. The middle-class steals our money (Wall street politics) and a guy in the slum is being blamed for the crime. The poor smoke weed and have possession of them, he gets months behind bar. Middle-class do the same and even go further as to snorting cocaine, he gets nothing.

Crimes are created to the detriment of the poor. Parliament passes new bill into law every now and then without consideration for the poor.

Police concentrates most of their effort in the slum trying to catch the poor and mentally inbalance all in the name of providing crime statistics, and you call that fairness?

I'm not directing this to you in particular, but just educating you of what is going on in the society. Have you thought about social disorganisation and the theories and hypothesis which affirms that crime is an irrational act rather than rational or a free-will?
Re: UKBA Officers Caught In Lagos Filing Fake Visa Application For Maid by OmoTier1(m): 5:14pm On Oct 16, 2012
justwise:

Trash.
Answer the simple question and stop spewing rubbish. If and when a visas requirement is meant, there is a legitimate expectation that such a visas is granted. Beside, I am some what surprised How you are not bashing UKBA on this but should it have been a Nigerian involved, you will be all over the thread saying what not and acting as though you are more British than the Brits

1 Like

Re: UKBA Officers Caught In Lagos Filing Fake Visa Application For Maid by OmoTier1(m): 5:18pm On Oct 16, 2012
Onegai: They broke their laws, 11 hours a day for 300 pounds per month is about the same rate as bank job in naija (and no-one working at that rate likes their job) plus since they illegally tried to get her in, had she annoyed them or quarrelled over pay later, they could easily report the nanny to Border Authority and have her deported. And I don't think when they deport you, they give you time to get all your belongings and cash, they most likely tell you to write the bank and you start fighting internationally. Plus for a case of false employment visa, govt has the right to seize the salary. Think about that before we say this chick was moving to better life. I know some naija family who took a girl to US as nanny, she did nanny for almost 16 yrs and the only schooling they paid for her was Dental Hygenist (lower than a nurse).

I am not for the UKBA staff, however need I remind you that when it comes to calculating pay for nannies when food and accommodation is provided by their host, it is completely different to your normal working rate. HMRC has some issues with this some years ago, I will put the link up if I am able to find it.
Re: UKBA Officers Caught In Lagos Filing Fake Visa Application For Maid by justwise(m): 6:25pm On Oct 16, 2012
Omo_Tier1:
Answer the simple question and stop spewing rubbish. If and when a visas requirement is meant, there is a legitimate expectation that such a visas is granted. Beside, I am some what surprised How you are not bashing UKBA on this but should it have been a Nigerian involved, you will be all over the thread saying what not and acting as though you are more British than the Brits

As usual you are vomiting garbage, what has 'LEGITIMATE EXPECTATION' got to do with this? In what situation does LEGITIMATE EXPECTATION come into the picture?
Re: UKBA Officers Caught In Lagos Filing Fake Visa Application For Maid by justwise(m): 6:30pm On Oct 16, 2012
paris10:

Do not justify your bullock write-up based on my assertion that you do condemn Nigerians without giving a second thought. These people are not Nigerians mind you!

And why talking about the woman and Visa when you should be focusing your criticism to the "criminals"? Behind every successful drug dealer or criminal benefit, there's a white man waiting somewhere for his share of the spoil.

Crimes are what they are today, and millions are being put away just to appease the middle-class. The middle-class steals our money (Wall street politics) and a guy in the slum is being blamed for the crime. The poor smoke weed and have possession of them, he gets months behind bar. Middle-class do the same and even go further as to snorting cocaine, he gets nothing.

Crimes are created to the detriment of the poor. Parliament passes new bill into law every now and then without consideration for the poor.

Police concentrates most of their effort in the slum trying to catch the poor and mentally inbalance all in the name of providing crime statistics, and you call that fairness?

I'm not directing this to you in particular, but just educating you of what is going on in the society. Have you thought about social disorganisation and the theories and hypothesis which affirms that crime is an irrational act rather than rational or a free-will?

I'm not surprised that you came up with these off-topic rants, you need to take time out to sort yourself out because there is something definitely wrong with you.
Re: UKBA Officers Caught In Lagos Filing Fake Visa Application For Maid by paris10: 8:03pm On Oct 16, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

My point exactly. He won't bash his people (UKBA) on this but would rather deviate to something meaningless; talking about double standard and being bias.

Once again, the UKBA is the criminal. They should be put away and made to rot in Nigerian jail.
Re: UKBA Officers Caught In Lagos Filing Fake Visa Application For Maid by justwise(m): 8:09pm On Oct 16, 2012
paris10:

My point exactly. He won't bash his people (UKBA) on this but would rather deviate to something meaningless; talking about double standard and being bias.

Once again, the UKBA is the criminal. They should be put away and made to rot in Nigerian jail.

What was UKBA's crime?
Re: UKBA Officers Caught In Lagos Filing Fake Visa Application For Maid by paris10: 8:14pm On Oct 16, 2012
justwise:

I'm not surprised that you came up with these off-topic rants, you need to take time out to sort yourself out because there is something definitely wrong with you.

The white guys are criminals, simple! Can't force you to call your brothers criminals,but let me be clear on one thing: It would be a sad day for you if you dare call any Nigerian criminal or associate them with criminality.

Sango, Amadioha, obatala,Alusi,ogun, ayelala would be involve in your case anytime or day you call any Nigerian a criminal.
Re: UKBA Officers Caught In Lagos Filing Fake Visa Application For Maid by paris10: 8:18pm On Oct 16, 2012

What was UKBA's crime?

Stop displaying your ignorance! Your brothers that just got caught, who are they working for?
Re: UKBA Officers Caught In Lagos Filing Fake Visa Application For Maid by OmoTier1(m): 9:49pm On Oct 16, 2012
justwise:

As usual you are vomiting garbage, what has 'LEGITIMATE EXPECTATION' got to do with this? In what situation does LEGITIMATE EXPECTATION come into the picture?

Remember I said earlier, you often come across like you are more British than the Brits. And when it comes to UK immigration matters you often come across like holier than thou and put forward a know it all attitude, I am clean, you are evil attitude.

I made reference to legitimate expectation because of your nonsensical statement earlier claiming visas can be refused even if you meet the requirements. Need I remind you that one of the grounds for a Judicial Review is the legitimate expectation under the UK immigration legislation wherein when as applicant has fully complied with the requirements of the UK Immigration rules, it is expected that the Visas would be granted.

Stick it in, the UKBA staff screwed things up and the comment by the first poster concerning how legitimate applicants are denied visas for frivolous reasons is in order.

Who knows how of such visas application has scaled through in the past
Re: UKBA Officers Caught In Lagos Filing Fake Visa Application For Maid by OmoTier1(m): 9:52pm On Oct 16, 2012
justwise:

How smarty pants you have become to now see yourself in better shape and others aren't hence they need to sort themselves out.. arrant nonsense!!
Re: UKBA Officers Caught In Lagos Filing Fake Visa Application For Maid by justwise(m): 10:24pm On Oct 16, 2012
paris10:

The white guys are criminals, simple! Can't force you to call your brothers criminals,but let me be clear on one thing: It would be a sad day for you if you dare call any Nigerian criminal or associate them with criminality.

S[b]ango, Amadioha, obatala,Alusi,ogun, ayelala would be involve in your case anytime or day you call any Nigerian a criminal.
[/b]

grin grin grin grin grin grin what a bunch of useless brat, get help as i said before, you will definitely read from me again and again, do not worry about that.
Re: UKBA Officers Caught In Lagos Filing Fake Visa Application For Maid by justwise(m): 10:39pm On Oct 16, 2012
Omo_Tier1:
Remember I said earlier, you often come across like you are more British than the Brits. And when it comes to UK immigration matters you often come across like holier than thou and put forward a know it all attitude, I am clean, you are evil attitude.

I made reference to legitimate expectation because of your nonsensical statement earlier claiming visas can be refused even if you meet the requirements. Need I remind you that one of the grounds for a Judicial Review is the legitimate expectation under the UK immigration legislation wherein when as applicant has fully complied with the requirements of the UK Immigration rules, it is expected that the Visas would be granted.

Stick it in, the UKBA staff screwed things up and the comment by the first poster concerning how legitimate applicants are denied visas for frivolous reasons is in order.

Who knows how of such visas application has scaled through in the past

I actually thought that you are coming up with a reasonable argument but typical you, you started getting your knickers in a twist, meeting all requirements does not in any way means that an applicant will be given a visa, its still under the ECO's discretion and if an applicant applies for Judicial Review there is no guarantee that the decision will be in his or her favour. The use of legitimate expectation is not guaranteed only if that applicant has an exceptional case.
Re: UKBA Officers Caught In Lagos Filing Fake Visa Application For Maid by justwise(m): 10:40pm On Oct 16, 2012
Omo_Tier1:
How smarty pants you have become to now see yourself in better shape and others aren't hence they need to sort themselves out.. arrant nonsense!!

Get over yourself you poor thing.
Re: UKBA Officers Caught In Lagos Filing Fake Visa Application For Maid by Nobody: 12:47am On Oct 17, 2012
cheleku:
Did I just hear you say a privilege? Why set certain requirements then? Nna we are not talking of visa lotteries here!

Yep, it's a priviledge.

I'm working on bringing my Fiancee to the US and eventhough I am a USC, it's still a priviledge not a right.
Re: UKBA Officers Caught In Lagos Filing Fake Visa Application For Maid by Nobody: 12:59am On Oct 17, 2012
justwise:

I actually thought that you are coming up with a reasonable argument but typical you, you started getting your knickers in a twist, meeting all requirements does not in any way means that an applicant will be given a visa, its still under the ECO's discretion and if an applicant applies for Judicial Review there is no guarantee that the decision will be in his or her favour. The use of legitimate expectation is not guaranteed only if that applicant has an exceptional case.

And even if the applicant get's a visa, it is still not a guarantee that the arrival immigration officers will allow entry.
Re: UKBA Officers Caught In Lagos Filing Fake Visa Application For Maid by tony9k: 7:24am On Jul 05, 2013
My observation is the fact that a staff of ukba is behind prosecuted by the system and the friend/colleague is acting ad a prosecution witness - saying the truth they know. A credit to the criminal justice system. If in nigeris the colleague would be reluctant to testify and would probably tell lies to "help". There are a few lessons to be learnt.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Parents Suggest Bicycle Rides To School As Bus Fees Increase / Anyone Been To Luxembourg? / FG To Commercialise Solar Powered Tricycles For Transportation In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.