Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,296 members, 7,836,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist (21191 Views)

Female Banker Was Caught For Stealing N15m, She Blames Evil Spirit (photo) / We Made Love The Day She Died – Arowolo / Pictures Of Mutilated Titi Arowolo- Horror! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by Gentlepapi(m): 2:07pm On Oct 16, 2012
Dats madness
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by Remzolution: 2:11pm On Oct 16, 2012
He must be a tattoist, i mean, and just may b he ws drunk wen tattoing her...Am stil wondrng y Kelly Handsm had 2travel 2 Mexico wen we hav talentd tattoists hr in 9ja.
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by Ournaija: 2:17pm On Oct 16, 2012
He must be regretting his actions by now wherever he is.
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by oobim(m): 2:24pm On Oct 16, 2012
Na wah!If u ar married to an abusive man,and must stay in d evil marriage,u better buy a gun.#d deadly part of me speaking
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by femliany(m): 2:24pm On Oct 16, 2012
Perhaps he thought he was fighting the devil in the dream...#deliverance mode
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by ozodimgba(m): 2:27pm On Oct 16, 2012
believe it or not 76 or 12 stabs all i know is God knows all and will surely pay people according to their deeds. RIP to the dead shaa cry cry
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 16, 2012
Haba, why are we "judging" when we have not heard "the other side of the story"? Peharps she was not "submissive" enough, or she "nagged" too much, or didn't "pray and fast" enough.
He must have a good reason, Nigerian men are to "sane" to just "stab or beat" their wives, am sure she "provoked" him.
Anyway, she is a role model to women in abusive marriages, this is how it is done, stay and "fight" for your marriage to the end, die with your ring on, "divorce is not an option", only cowards divorce, don't worry even if he kills you at least your children will not be brought up in a divorced home.
The worth of your life is in "keeping your home", don't mind all the "oyibo Nigerians" who are so westernised and cry divorce for every small thing.
As for Titi, I will not be a hypocrite and say I feel sorry, her father begged, took her away and cried for her to leave this abuser, but no, she is a "christain" and Ldivorce is not an option", after all he was is "pastor", what would people have said if she divorced? "She was staying for her daughter" who will now be raised without both parents but at least she is not being raised in a "divorced home"
Nigerian women, oya oh, when the beating gets plenty, remember Titi and copy her ehnnn, keep "enduring" he will change

5 Likes

Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by MadCow1: 2:31pm On Oct 16, 2012
76 Times?!!!!! NOW thats pure rage...

What did that woman do to him that pushed him over the edge?!!

Men!! Be careful the woman you chose to marry o!! Some women are evil and can bring out the demon in you!!

If this man were a cold and calculated killer, he wouldnt have stabbed her that many amount of times.. Its either he was a stark raving lunatic or he snapped.
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 16, 2012
koulbouy: when the news came out there was no record of such stabbing, she was clothed and blood were not gapping from all over the stabbings so where the this new news come from

i dont believe

some one should show us the picture of the lady the same day she died, if i see the picture i will believe

this is nigeria Dont believe every thing you read
hmmm! smh
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 16, 2012
if not that this incident happened before ALUU 4, i would have said this wicked wife killer is from ALUU.its so sad what some women go through in their marriage all in the name of answering "mrs". situations like this,is not better to get a divorce and be alive than be a married woman and your life is in danger? some nigerian women no dey hear word i swear!

1 Like

Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 16, 2012
debrief08: Haba, why are we "judging" when we have not heard "the other side of the story"? Peharps she was not "submissive" enough, or she "nagged" too much, or didn't "pray and fast" enough.
He must have a good reason, Nigerian men are to "sane" to just "stab or beat" their wives, am sure she "provoked" him.
Anyway, she is a role model to women in abusive marriages, this is how it is done, stay and "fight" for your marriage to the end, die with your ring on, "divorce is not an option", only cowards divorce, don't worry even if he kills you at least your children will not be brought up in a divorced home.
The worth of your life is in "keeping your home", don't mind all the "oyibo Nigerians" who are so westernised and cry divorce for every small thing.
As for Titi, I will not be a hypocrite and say I feel sorry, her father begged, took her away and cried for her to leave this abuser, but no, she is a "christain" and Ldivorce is not an option", after all he was is "pastor", what would people have said if she divorced? "She was staying for her daughter" who will now be raised without both parents but at least she is not being raised in a "divorced home"
Nigerian women, oya oh, when the beating gets plenty, remember Titi and copy her ehnnn, keep "enduring" he will change

This is an insensitive post, there's really no need for any chest beating or I told you so
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 16, 2012
Well Naijababe, let me be "insensitive", I will not hand hold any woman determined to commit suicide because she wants to reamin a Mrs.
I will not pet or fight for any adult who doest love herself enough to know what is acceptable or not. We have petted the issue for too long. It is time to get real and hard.
Any woman who let's her self get killed even after her family has intervened or when at least 1 person has told her "leave" doesn't deserve my sympathy.
What good does sympathy do for her and her child now? She could have been raising a child in a healthy environment with support from her father but choose to keep running back to a serial abuser. I will be very insenstive my dear.
Tomorrow another woman will come and the same advice will be given and most will take the stay married at all cost route and when this story comes up, you will want me to be senitive to stupidity, not me please

4 Likes

Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by lozanni(m): 3:01pm On Oct 16, 2012
Sisi_Kill: In some circles, she died a noble death.

76 stabs wounds! Wow! Can you imagine if those were 76 kisses instead of stab wounds? Do you know how much energy he would have expended stabbing her when he coulda just gives her one third of that number in kisses and they would be living happily ever after today.

I don't know why to like taking the stressful and arduous road. undecided

I dont think the guy was in his right senses when he committed this very heinous act angry

We have to recognise that many people in our society are mentally-ill and should be in the psychiatric home for their own protection and that of other people; can you imagine the incident that happened at Ibadan recently where a man matcheted his grandparents to death after he had killed his parents some years ago angry

The above incident shows that we treat people with mental health issues with Kids Gloves when we should be more careful in interracting with them. The accused person who is alledged to have committed this act was known to have displayed very violent tendencies in the past by manhandling the deceased lady severally, but it did not dawn on anyone to advise him to do a mental evaluation of himself, until till was too late for him and the deceased. What a pity !!!
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 16, 2012
obi123: hmm CSI naija
if the guy was tired of the marriage , the sane and i must add less messy option is to seek a divorce or a separation and not end the life of another in this very gruesome manner and how he thought he could get away with it is beyond me

And that is what Chris Okotie has been doing and you guys castigate him still.

1 Like

Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by lolaluv1(f): 3:06pm On Oct 16, 2012
bestower: I doubt the proof of the pathologist,how could a husband be so cruel and wicked to stab his loving wife 76 times in the name of what? hell no.forensic proof will determine the murderer and pathologist innocence.

Wake up and smell the coffee. It is highly possible for a crazed spouse to do that. Watch crime and investigation for a day and be prepared to be blown away by the various tactics employed by people to get rid of loved ones. It's a wicked world, I tell ya!
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 16, 2012
debrief08: Well Naijababe, let me be "insensitive", I will not hand hold any woman determined to commit suicide because she wants to reamin a Mrs.
I will not pet or fight for any adult who doest love herself enough to know what is acceptable or not. We have petted the issue for too long. It is time to get real and hard.
Any woman who let's her self get killed even after her family has intervened or when at least 1 person has told her "leave" doesn't deserve my sympathy.

Anyone who dies due to ignorance or lack of will will always have my sympathy. Titi like many Nigerian women in abusive relationships mostly lack courage to look beyond life after divorce and our society does not help either.
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 16, 2012
Please explain lack of will or ignorance for me in her case?
She was the only child of her dad, her mom is late, he raised her alone. He begged her severally to leave, took her away severally, she ran back.
She was not financially dependent on her abuser, she made her choice even when she had wise counsel. There is no lack of will or ignorance here, just fool-ishness and stupiti-ty, aimed at people pleasing and conforming to silly sterotypes.
Like I said she is a role model to those who want to die as mrs, they should follow her footsteps

2 Likes

Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by oloriooko(m): 3:18pm On Oct 16, 2012
RENOWNED Lagos pathologist, Professor John Oladapo Obafunwa, on Monday, while testifying as a prosecution witness in the ongoing trial of a youth pastor, Akolade Arowolo who was alleged to have murdered his wife,

former member of staff of Skye Bank, Titilayo Omozoje, stated that during the autopsy, he discovered that the late banker had a minimum of 76 stab wounds that were inflicted on her by someone else.

Professor Obafunwa, who was being led in evidence by Mrs Olabisi Ogungbesan, the Lagos State Director of Public Prosecution before Justice Lateefa Okunnu of a Lagos High Court sitting in Ikeja, testified that there was a concentration of stab wounds from her chest to her abdomen on the left side.

According to the pathologist, he conducted both external and internal examinations of the deceased’s body during autopsy, adding that he noticed multiple stab wounds and some incised wounds involving her chest, arm and abdomen.

He further revealed that during his internal examination of the body, he found various wounds consistent with wounds from sharp weapon with a single edge blade as well as a double edge blade.

The wounds, he stated, affected the left eye, right eye, upper chest area, right chest and the collar bone left armpit also included a 10 x 5cm rectangular area that has multiple individual injuries on the left side of her chest and bosom overlying the heart.

Professor Obafunwa, who supported his testimony with slides of pictures on a Compact Disc stated that the autopsy revealed a gaping wound which was revealed as a black hole in the chest region.

According to him, the chest wall was lost due to multiple stab wounds, there was a damage to the diaphragm, left side of the liver, bosom area and repeated stab wounds to the lungs and injuries.

The professor revealed further that his forensic investigations revealed that the injuries could not have been self inflicted as the penetration was from the chest to the back and there were stab wounds to the stomach wall.

The final result of the autopsy, according to him, is that the death was caused by multiple injuries in the chest and abdomen due to multiple sharp and long force trauma.

He also identified an alleged weapon which he confirmed was consistent with some of the wounds on the deceased’s body.

Speaking on his examination of the deceased’s husband, Professor Obafunwa stated that there were wounds on his hand and abdomen and he also had a limping gait which he admitted may be because he jumped to the ground from the fourth floor.

He, however, added that the 12 injuries he examined were not penetrating but superficial and two of them might fall into the category of defence wounds, though not all the injuries fall into the time frame the incident was said to have occurred as they might have been on the body earlier.

In reply to Olanrewaju Ajanaku, the defence counsel’s allegation that the pathologist was the one that inflicted the stab wounds on the deceased when the corpse was in his custody, he asked how he could do that when he was not insane.

The case was adjourned till October 22 for further hearing and the prosecution is expected to take its last witness.

lawyers can be very stoopid and crazy
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 16, 2012
debrief08: Please explain lack of will or ignorance for me in her case?
She was the only child of her dad, her mom is late, he raised her alone. He begged her severally to leave, took her away severally, she ran back.
She was not financially dependent on her abuser, she made her choice even when she had wise counsel. There is no lack of will or ignorance here, just fool-ishness and stupiti-ty, aimed at people pleasing and conforming to silly sterotypes.
Like I said she is a role model to those who want to die as mrs, they should follow her footsteps

Not everyone possesses the will to deviate from societal norms. As you rightly stated, Titi died because she wanted to conform.
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 16, 2012
Well, she has conformed very well, and I urge other "conformist" to take her as a hero and follow her footsteps, but no one should expect sensitivity or sympathy from me when they earn their conformation award.

Congratualtions are in order, shebi the society she conformed too is happy and pleased with her now. 3 gbosa for her and those coming behind also conforming
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by opokonwa(m): 3:53pm On Oct 16, 2012
chilling!!!
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by MadCow1: 4:00pm On Oct 16, 2012
lozanni:

I dont think the guy was in his right senses when he committed this very heinous act angry

We have to recognise that many people in our society are mentally-ill and should be in the psychiatric home for their own protection and that of other people; can you imagine the incident that happened at Ibadan recently where a man matcheted his grandparents to death after he had killed his parents some years ago angry

The above incident shows that we treat people with mental health issues with Kids Gloves when we should be more careful in interracting with them. The accused person who is alledged to have committed this act was known to have displayed very violent tendencies in the past by manhandling the deceased lady severally, but it did not dawn on anyone to advise him to do a mental evaluation of himself, until till was too late for him and the deceased. What a pity !!!

I recommend you watch.. SNAPPED.. When perfectly sane & calm people lose it and savagely kill..
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by Burger01(m): 4:16pm On Oct 16, 2012
They are still talking about this guy! I thought he had been sent to the hangman for eternal departure...
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by hollypagan: 4:27pm On Oct 16, 2012
He should add it one more to complete it 77 so he can get virgins
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by seechris(m): 4:29pm On Oct 16, 2012
This story will sell well to reality tv channel for one of their crime shows.

1 Like

Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by Evie007: 4:38pm On Oct 16, 2012
acidtalk:

Incompatibility in a marriage.
But unfortunately most ladies are too desperate to get married they don't mind marrying a Monster just to also use MRS with their names.

Some are too scared to come out of such marriage just because they bother themselves with what people will say about them instead of putting their safety and happiness first.Not so some people never show their real self till they say i do so you really cant blame them

So sad.
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by sunnyp1(m): 4:41pm On Oct 16, 2012
afam4eva: The guy wan break world record 76 WHAT?
chaii wetin be ur own
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by FOREXMART(m): 4:42pm On Oct 16, 2012
76 STAB WOUNDS?!!!!!! ALUUUUU!!! What an ALUUMnistic ALUMINum!!
Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 16, 2012
I weep for the dead. shit happens and women needs to learn from this. do not ever advise other women going through terrible marriages that seperation and divorce is not an option. It should be an option when any partner becomes physically abused. Divorce might be a sin but God still forgives all manner of sins, abi?
A colleague told me a story of a pastors daughter that got divorced without informring her parents, apparently the parents were always admonishing her to work on the marriage and be patient, never for once addressing her problems. She took a wise decision and left the man. I wish Titi has done the same. May God forgive her sins, and have mercy on her. she died a brutal death and does not deserve to go to hell.
May justice be done and Titi's husband sentenced to death by whatever.......... I am really really sad for this girl and for the society that treats women as second rated citizens.

1 Like

Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 16, 2012
debrief08: Haba, why are we "judging" when we have not heard "the other side of the story"? Peharps she was not "submissive" enough, or she "nagged" too much, or didn't "pray and fast" enough.

[b]
I feel your anger debrief and i know its out of sympathy for the poor girl, she could have lived, probably even remarry a non- violent Man but she wanted to share a testimony of victory. I have learnt from this, it is not every battle that one must fight, there are battles you simply walk away from.

1 Like

Re: Arowolo: Murdered Banker Was Stabbed 76 Times – Pathologist by jobaskia(m): 5:02pm On Oct 16, 2012
It so sad it happened . But we men should try as much to control our anger at all times and women should equally control their tongue. If further investigations are done there could be a link of psychosomatic disorder on the part of the husband . There could have been depression, inferiority complex, insecurity on the part of the mofo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Nigerians, 17 Others Arrested In Malaysia Over Romance Scam Of $19 Million / My Mother Told Me To Poison My Father – Son Tells Court / Two Nigerian Students Arrested In India For Selling Drugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.