Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Ipad Mini UK Pricing Will Start At £249 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ipad Mini UK Pricing Will Start At £249 (1977 Views)

X600 Review And My Personal Experience Using It. Pricing And Varieties / Tecno Boom J7 Smartphone: First Impressions & Pricing / Glo BIS Pricing And Subscription Codes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ipad Mini UK Pricing Will Start At £249 by tonym1(m): 11:11am On Oct 16, 2012
iPad prices are to start falling with ipad mini coming out shortly, read below

Apple is widely expected to announce a smaller version of its market-leading iPad tablet on 23 October, although the company has not yet issued invites or given any indication that it has a product in the pipeline. But multiple sources have indicated to the Guardian that they expect to see a new product in the category.

Most expectations are that it will be half the size of the existing iPad, which has a screen measuring 9.7in diagonally; rescaling would mean an iPad mini would have a screen measuring 7.85in diagonally, but with a total of half the screen area of its bigger sibling.

And contrary to earlier information from sources last week, other sources have told the Guardian it now looks increasingly likely that the new tablet will include 3G and possibly 4G capabilities.

The price spotted by Tapaninaho chimes with some other prices apparently leaked online and displayed by Mobilegeeks.de, which shows prices in euros for devices starting with Wi-Fi only and 8GB of storage priced at €249.

Converting that from euros gives a base price of £201; adding VAT at 20% gives £242 - though Apple, like most merchants, usually prices just below the next £10 increment, pointing to a £249 base price.

That will leave a price gap compared to the two principal competitors in the sector, Amazon's Kindle Fire and Google's Nexus 7. The Kindle Fire, which will be going on sale in the UK, starts at £169 for an ad-free 16GB version and £209 for an ad-free 32GB version, while the Nexus 7 costs £159 for an 8GB version and £199 for a 16GB version.

There is a clear demand in the market for smaller tablets, as evidenced by Carphone Warehouse which said on Monday that the Nexus 7 was its best-selling Android tablet ever.

Graham Stapleton, chief commercial officer for the group, said in a statement: "It's clear that there is a massive demand amongst our customer base for smaller tablets. We're seeing a real shift in what customers are using their tablets for, with more and more watching content on the go. It's now common to see people using their tablets during the morning commute or catching up on the day's news in a local coffee shop, and smaller devices make it easier to handle.

He added: "We've seen that 59% of total tablet sales in our stores are sold as either connected or tethered, to allow access to the internet on tablets that don't have inbuilt 3G connectivity."

That implies that a mobile-capable iPad mini could do well in that space.

The pricing details leaked on Mobilegeeks.de are said to have come from the internal computer system of the German retail chain Media Markt.

Those show versions of the iPad mini with storage offerings of 8GB, 16GB, 32GB and 64GB. They also suggest that it will come in white or black versions, and with a 3G-capable - and, possibly, 4G-capable – version. That could make it attractive to mobile operators which could sell it alongside the iPhone, or on its own.

www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/oct/15/ipad-mini-uk-pricing
Re: Ipad Mini UK Pricing Will Start At £249 by Don4life: 2:15pm On Oct 16, 2012
would get it as soon as it cums...cant wait my playbook is giving me too mch trouble jare
Re: Ipad Mini UK Pricing Will Start At £249 by sheyma: 8:28pm On Oct 16, 2012
Don4life: would get it as soon as it cums...cant wait my playbook is giving me too mch trouble jare
Abeg what trouble is ur pb giving you.
Re: Ipad Mini UK Pricing Will Start At £249 by Don4life: 8:46pm On Oct 16, 2012
sheyma:
Abeg what trouble is ur pb giving you.
i bought mine like few weeks back...Now if i dont plug it or does nt work on bat3 anymore..i was tinking maybe its d bat3(low)i charged it for ova 48hrs nd stil did nt pick up
Re: Ipad Mini UK Pricing Will Start At £249 by Azadei: 4:27pm On Aug 09, 2017
tonym1:
iPad prices are to start falling with ipad mini coming out shortly, read below

Apple is widely expected to announce a smaller version of its market-leading iPad tablet on 23 October, although the company has not yet issued invites or given any indication that it has a product in the pipeline. But multiple sources have indicated to the Guardian that they expect to see a new product in the category.

Most expectations are that it will be half the size of the existing iPad, which has a screen measuring 9.7in diagonally; rescaling would mean an iPad mini would have a screen measuring 7.85in diagonally, but with a total of half the screen area of its bigger sibling.

And contrary to earlier information from sources last week, other sources have told the Guardian it now looks increasingly likely that the new tablet will include 3G and possibly 4G capabilities.

The price spotted by Tapaninaho chimes with some other prices apparently leaked online and displayed by Mobilegeeks.de, which shows prices in euros for devices starting with Wi-Fi only and 8GB of storage priced at €249.

Converting that from euros gives a base price of £201; adding VAT at 20% gives £242 - though Apple, like most merchants, usually prices just below the next £10 increment, pointing to a £249 base price.

That will leave a price gap compared to the two principal competitors in the sector, Amazon's Kindle Fire and Google's Nexus 7. The Kindle Fire, which will be going on sale in the UK, starts at £169 for an ad-free 16GB version and £209 for an ad-free 32GB version, while the Nexus 7 costs £159 for an 8GB version and £199 for a 16GB version.

There is a clear demand in the market for smaller tablets, as evidenced by Carphone Warehouse which said on Monday that the Nexus 7 was its best-selling Android tablet ever.

Graham Stapleton, chief commercial officer for the group, said in a statement: "It's clear that there is a massive demand amongst our customer base for smaller tablets. We're seeing a real shift in what customers are using their tablets for, with more and more watching content on the go. It's now common to see people using their tablets during the morning commute or catching up on the day's news in a local coffee shop, and smaller devices make it easier to handle.

He added: "We've seen that 59% of total tablet sales in our stores are sold as either connected or tethered, to allow access to the internet on tablets that don't have inbuilt 3G connectivity."

That implies that a mobile-capable iPad mini could do well in that space.

The pricing details leaked on Mobilegeeks.de are said to have come from the internal computer system of the German retail chain Media Markt.

Those show versions of the iPad mini with storage offerings of 8GB, 16GB, 32GB and 64GB. They also suggest that it will come in white or black versions, and with a 3G-capable - and, possibly, 4G-capable – version. That could make it attractive to mobile operators which could sell it alongside the iPhone, or on its own.

www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/oct/15/ipad-mini-uk-pricing

I do not have anything to offer if you are living in UK but I am living in Turkey and here we are using http://promocodius.com/tr/magazalar/media-markt-indirim-kodu when we need something electronic to get it cheaper through Media Markt. I know that my friends in Germany are using the same thing too. If it does not work for you, I think OLX could be a good alternative to buy second hand in UK. I bought a guitar from there once and had it brought over by a friend who studies there.

(1) (Reply)

TECHNICAL PORTING Procedure...(how The Porting Works) / 64gb Micro Sd Card / Blazing!!!! Real!!! Whatsapp Working On Nokia Asha 200. Hurry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.