Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,227 members, 7,829,392 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

An Example Of Atheist Morality? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Example Of Atheist Morality? (1308 Views)

Self-service, Selfless-service And Nigerian Christian Morality. / After A Year Of Atheist Criticism, Are Atheists More Moral Than The Religious? / The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Example Of Atheist Morality? by vedaxcool(m): 11:59am On Oct 16, 2012
We see atheists every time criticising organise religion for being low, a sham and etc. but we then find that these atheists cannot do better. they cannot even behave better tahn what they criticise. An example of such behaviour is that most Atheists o NL spend a remarkeable amount of time arguing over what they claim does not exist, yet when a theist simply sk simple quetions, the atheists go bunker and begin to invoke articles of their (im)morality :

Watch closely

vedaxcool: Well just wandering, you can't help but notice the usual defense mounted by atheist for Gays just like Abdulsleek sorry logicboy does often atimes wearily. Making it seem all atheist would "naturally" defend homosexuality.

Edited

In the above quote I did not even say atheism is synonymous to being gay or etc, rather a harmless question that indicates that atheist generally tend to amke a "good" case for homosexuality

Now contrast with this

lagerwhenindoubt:

I can understand your confusion with vedaxcool. i just realized we are dealing with an Muslim Zealot and a devout religionist. they have the rare gift of dualism in a philosophical singularity. able to Lie and Tell the Truth at the same time grin only Politicians come close to that level of skill grin grin Islam going by mounting evidence spilling into the news everyday - i[b]s a violent, barbaric, illiterate and bone-donkey-arse religion who (historically) revealed homosexualism as a way of life[/b]. I wonder why they deny their very creation rather than reveling in it

here the atheist clearly labels a religion gay, violent etc.

now Contrast these with the god of trollsdom,

Logicboy03:

Speak for yourself.

Criticism is different from bigotry.

Is it criticism to say the muslims are mostly terrorists? No, it is bigorty!

Why would Vexdafool now have the right to say that most atheists are gay? Is that not bigotry?

We criticised him for such a notion and when he didnt stop, MMC banned him.

We even gave him a chance, something that he and Maclatunji would not even do- Maclatunji will ban with no hesitiation or questions

It is clear, in atheism one has the right to repeat a notion like Jesus is gay auzobillah, Islam is violent and babaric, Is lam is these and that, yet to debate the notion that atheism tend to have soft spot for homosexuality becomes a bannable offense. we can go through the numerous thread of NL where these peopel literally repeat and restated notions debunk yet we do not see logic boy call for banning such atheists rather we see that in this sort of atheists morality, atheists are allowed to commit a crime repeatedly and well others are just locked up and in the soviet union murdered.
With this it is enough to conclude that the action of these suppose lights of atheism makes atheism a pretty worse off situation for man to fall into!
Re: An Example Of Atheist Morality? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 16, 2012
Have you no shame?

You called atheism a gay religion in your topic bar. That was the suggestion in the topic.

You then agreed with the assertion that most atheists are gay. later on in that thread.

You are really sick
Re: An Example Of Atheist Morality? by vedaxcool(m): 12:32pm On Oct 16, 2012
An d we again witness that even atheist light tells lies as a part of his 100 pieces of morality, the trhead posed a question now, you can that he has not even explained why even after Christians, Muslims etc have clarified their position on their numerous beliefs being mocked by atheists, why he has not called for the banment of such atheist? are we not witnessing the most hypocritical set of morality the world has ever seen? Is the truth no longer important in their life? atheists like these proves the importance of religion in man's life? Logicboy proves easily atheism is a sham, nothing to offer, no different way of doing things rather hypocrisy and discrimination.
Re: An Example Of Atheist Morality? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 16, 2012
vedaxcool: An d we again witness that even atheist light tells lies as a part of his 100 pieces of morality, the trhead posed a question now, you can that he has not even explained why even after Christians, Muslims etc have clarified their position on their numerous beliefs being mocked by atheists, why he has not called for the banment of such atheist? are we not witnessing the most hypocritical set of morality the world has ever seen? Is the truth no longer important in their life? atheists like these proves the importance of religion in man's life? Logicboy proves easily atheism is a sham, nothing to offer, no different way of doing things rather hypocrisy and discrimination.

Atheism is only a disbelief in a God.

It is not meant to bring yo spirituality or meaning in your life.

If you had sense, you would know this. You keep failing when you treat atheism as a religon
Re: An Example Of Atheist Morality? by vedaxcool(m): 12:49pm On Oct 16, 2012
And the 100 peices of lies keeps getting worse! lipsrsealed
Re: An Example Of Atheist Morality? by onetrack(m): 1:26pm On Oct 16, 2012
The only thing that atheists necessarily have in common is the lack of a belief in God. There is not necessarily a common idea of morality.

If there is any reason why atheists might tend to agree that homosexuality is something naturally occurring it is that science tends to point in that direction, as opposed to religion which says something is right or wrong simply because it says so.

I've never said that Islam is violent. People are violent. And there are some parts of the Qu'ran and hadith which can easily be construed to advocate violence (9th sura for example). However the overwhelming majority of Muslims are peaceful and don't seek to do harm. I just don't believe that Muhammad was a prophet nor the Qu'ran a holy book (nor Jesus & the Bible. etc).

1 Like

Re: An Example Of Atheist Morality? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 16, 2012
onetrack: The only thing that atheists necessarily have in common is the lack of a belief in God. There is not necessarily a common idea of morality.

If there is any reason why atheists might tend to agree that homosexuality is something naturally occurring it is that science tends to point in that direction, as opposed to religion which says something is right or wrong simply because it says so.

I've never said that Islam is violent. People are violent. And there are some parts of the Qu'ran and hadith which can easily be construed to advocate violence (9th sura for example). However the overwhelming majority of Muslims are peaceful and don't seek to do harm. I just don't believe that Muhammad was a prophet nor the Qu'ran a holy book (nor Jesus & the Bible. etc).

Vedaxcool, please learn from the reasonable comment above grin
Re: An Example Of Atheist Morality? by vedaxcool(m): 3:49pm On Oct 16, 2012
onetrack: The only thing that atheists necessarily have in common is the lack of a belief in God. There is not necessarily a common idea of morality.

Atheism seems so empty that atheist cannot make case for atheism without calling religion repeatedly. The OP from all I can see remains unanswered.
Re: An Example Of Atheist Morality? by onetrack(m): 3:59pm On Oct 16, 2012
vedaxcool:

Atheism seems so empty that atheist cannot make case for atheism without calling religion repeatedly. The OP from all I can see remains unanswered.

We make our own morality according to our experiences and education. That means that an atheist's idea of morality can vary by time and place. This is also true of religions, which are flexible enough to allow virtually anything from murder to rape to slavery with the approval of God Himself.

Me I find my own meaning in life and my own morality. All religions are man-made, so you are just following another person's moral code instead of your own.
Re: An Example Of Atheist Morality? by vedaxcool(m): 4:14pm On Oct 16, 2012
onetrack:

We make our own morality according to our experiences and education. That means that an atheist's idea of morality can vary by time and place. This is also true of religions, which are flexible enough to allow virtually anything from murder to rape to slavery with the approval of God Himself.

Me I find my own meaning in life and my own morality. All religions are man-made, so you are just following another person's moral code instead of your own.

We don't care if your life has no meaning, we state that when people wake up one day and say God does not exist, the next thing they begin to do is result to twisting the law and using it as a vehicle to oppress others, this singular fact remains why atheism is no good and has nothing to offer the society and advancement of humanity, for what we can see it will become a monster that resembles a zombie arising from the death. We see that the atheist morality remains one where oppression and cruelty are not far from each other! Still the OP goes unanswered! Being an atheist must mean a simple way of not answering questions.
Re: An Example Of Atheist Morality? by onetrack(m): 4:31pm On Oct 16, 2012
vedaxcool:

We don't care if your life has no meaning, we state that when people wake up one day and say God does not exist, the next thing they begin to do is result to twisting the law and using it as a vehicle to oppress others, this singular fact remains why atheism is no good and has nothing to offer the society and advancement of humanity, for what we can see it will become a monster that resembles a zombie arising from the death. We see that the atheist morality remains one where oppression and cruelty are not far from each other! Still the OP goes unanswered! Being an atheist must mean a simple way of not answering questions.

Isn't that what people do with religion? Twist it around to make it suit themselves----and then-----say that it is the will of God that this or that must happen. No thanks. Atheism removes from people a slavish adherence to outdated ethics and principles.
Re: An Example Of Atheist Morality? by vedaxcool(m): 9:49am On Oct 17, 2012
As we can see atheism is such an empty basket that explaining their own action cannot not do without God or religion! in the words of frosbel, They prefer arguing over imaginary all their lives than anything else!
Re: An Example Of Atheist Morality? by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 17, 2012
vedaxcool: As we can see atheism is such an empty basket that explaining their own action cannot not do without God or religion ! in the words of frosbel, They prefer arguing over imaginary all their lives than anything else!

[img]http://i.qkme.me/35z5vg.jpg[/img]
Re: An Example Of Atheist Morality? by onetrack(m): 10:57am On Oct 17, 2012
vedaxcool: As we can see atheism is such an empty basket that explaining their own action cannot not do without God or religion! in the words of frosbel, They prefer arguing over imaginary all their lives than anything else!

Actually I only spend a small amount of time debating about imaginary gods and fictional holy books. But when I do it is simply to show that atheists exist and that we can have our say just like the myriad religious charlatans leaders than can be seen everywhere.

(1) (Reply)

The Founda Of Jehovah's Witnesses Was Occultic ~with Picture Evidence~ / How Long Should Church Services For Weddings Last? / WHY MUSLIMS ARE CONVERTING TO CHRIST IN THE FACE OF ISIS ATROCITIES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.