Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

How Long Should Church Services For Weddings Last? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Long Should Church Services For Weddings Last? (1306 Views)

Things That Can Distract You During Church Services / When Does Your Church Services Start And When Do You Arrive? / Should A Woman Attend Church Services During Her Monthly Period? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Should Church Services For Weddings Last? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 7:43am On Nov 23, 2014
I recently went for a wedding at a church only to be tired and bored because the service lasted for over three hours! The first hour comprised of singing and dancing mostly and then, the second had two different preachers giving marriage sermons and advice. The last hour was used for more singing and then, the marriage rites. Three long hours!

I already know that some Nigerian churches actually have long services but shouldn’t a wedding service be shortened for the sake of a bride and groom as they normally would have a long day on their wedding day. Think of the other activities they would have to do- the reception, the after party and the…ahem!…”consummation” of the marriage.

What do you think should be the appropriate time length for a wedding or marriage service at a church?

Source
Re: How Long Should Church Services For Weddings Last? by aadetoyin(f): 7:50am On Nov 23, 2014
It shouldnt be more than 90mins. I dont know what they spend all the time doing. Am sure the couple has been counselled before that day so why waste so much time.
Re: How Long Should Church Services For Weddings Last? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 7:52am On Nov 23, 2014
aadetoyin:
It shouldnt be more than 90mins. I dont know what they spend all the time doing. Am sure the couple has been counselled before that day so why waste so much time.

Who knows?

Some might say that they are trying to get new members by preaching to those who came for the wedding but are not members for the church.
Re: How Long Should Church Services For Weddings Last? by dein77(m): 7:59am On Nov 23, 2014
Maximum 60minutes.

U can't transfer what you've learned in years to a new couple in a day. It's about the couple.

I attended one lengthy one like that shaaaa. It was boring. Shouldn't have been.
Re: How Long Should Church Services For Weddings Last? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 8:05am On Nov 23, 2014
dein77:
Maximum 60minutes.

U can't transfer what you've learned in years to a new couple in a day. It's about the couple.

I attended one lengthy one like that shaaaa. It was boring. Shouldn't have been.

I tell you.

It is the couples that suffer it at the end of the day. The wedding reception and party are still to come...
Re: How Long Should Church Services For Weddings Last? by lokito: 8:06am On Nov 23, 2014
5mins is okay na

The Rev Fr will simply say:
"Oh you people are here. None of you should commit sin again and love yourselves more henceforth. Oya, go home. The mass is ended"

1 Like

Re: How Long Should Church Services For Weddings Last? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 8:08am On Nov 23, 2014
lokito:
5mins is okay na

The Rev Fr will simply say:
"Oh you people are here. None of you should commit sin again and love yourselves more henceforth. Oya, go home. The mass is ended"

grin grin grin

What about "you may kiss the bride"?
Re: How Long Should Church Services For Weddings Last? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 23, 2014
And I've noticed most of those pastors don't go for the reception, Maybe that's why they waste precious time. so annoying sometimes

1 Like

Re: How Long Should Church Services For Weddings Last? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 12:45pm On Nov 23, 2014
Ebiz12:
And I've noticed most of those pastors don't go for the reception, Maybe that's why they waste precious time. so annoying sometimes

I didn't even think of that! That's so true!

You hardly see pastors at receptions.
Re: How Long Should Church Services For Weddings Last? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 23, 2014
AllNaijaBlogger:

AllNaijaBlogger:

AllNaijaBlogger:

Exactly! lol
Re: How Long Should Church Services For Weddings Last? by mumumugu(m): 10:33pm On Nov 23, 2014
aadetoyin:

first half 45mins ; dancing

2nd hff ; kiss d bride
Re: How Long Should Church Services For Weddings Last? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 4:56am On Nov 26, 2014
mumumugu:

first half 45mins ; dancing

2nd hff ; kiss d bride

45 mins for kissing?

(1) (Reply)

WHY MUSLIMS ARE CONVERTING TO CHRIST IN THE FACE OF ISIS ATROCITIES / Why Did We Start Celebrating Christmas? / Funny! Naija Churches and their names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.