Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

False Statements Preceded War - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / False Statements Preceded War (838 Views)

False Statements PDP Wailers Attribute To PMB Debunked / Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements / US Cautions Dokubo, Tompolo, Others Over Inflammatory Statements (2) (3) (4)

False Statements Preceded War by Mamajama(m): 3:32pm On Jan 23, 2008
WASHINGTON - A study by two nonprofit journalism organizations found that President Bush and top administration officials issued hundreds of false statements about the national security threat from Iraq in the two years following the 2001 terrorist attacks.

The study concluded that the statements "were part of an orchestrated campaign that effectively galvanized public opinion and, in the process, led the nation to war under decidedly false pretenses."

The study was posted Tuesday on the Web site of the Center for Public Integrity, which worked with the Fund for Independence in Journalism.

White House spokesman Scott Stanzel did not comment on the merits of the study Tuesday night but reiterated the administration's position that the world community viewed Iraq's leader, Saddam Hussein, as a threat

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080123/ap_on_go_pr_wh/misinformation_study
Re: False Statements Preceded War by kaycrystal(m): 3:47pm On Jan 23, 2008
Mamajama:

White House spokesman Scott Stanzel did not comment on the merits of the study Tuesday night but reiterated the administration's position that the world community viewed Iraq's leader, Saddam Hussein, as a threat

Its on record that the UN never supported the invasion, or are they saying the US and their colonies like britain and a few speaks for the rest of the world?

what makes up the world community in white house books??

just curious shocked
Re: False Statements Preceded War by Blatant: 4:49pm On Jan 23, 2008
The world community, according to Bush's America, consists of America and anyone who agrees with America at any turn
Re: False Statements Preceded War by Mamajama(m): 5:57pm On Jan 23, 2008
Over 100,000 killed, victims of this war and still no one is held accountable for this inhumane act?

When will this war stop? My hearts goes out the Innocent victims and families in IRAQ.

This people are tormented for ever. Imagine a 4 years old kid witnessing this massive bombardment ?
Re: False Statements Preceded War by presido1: 6:32pm On Jan 23, 2008
and rapping
Re: False Statements Preceded War by mazaje(m): 7:36pm On Jan 23, 2008
George Bush will never go unpunished.
Re: False Statements Preceded War by chronicles(m): 9:30am On Jan 24, 2008
When we been dey talk am ignorant people say na US and Bush bashing dey worry us.

Una good morning.
Re: False Statements Preceded War by Afam(m): 12:42pm On Jan 24, 2008
chronicles:

When we been dey talk am ignorant people say na US and Bush bashing dey worry us.

Una good morning.

The statement above na my own ooo, just realized my neighbour while using my laptop last night signed in with his username without informing me.
Re: False Statements Preceded War by ndubest(m): 1:06pm On Jan 24, 2008
George Bush came to throne with the mandate to succeed where his father failed ie IRAQ

So he went about the war as a personal vendatta again Saddam

all the stories is just giving a dog a bad so as to hang it,
that is not to say that am in support of Saddam
but Bush did the worst by staking the lives of innocent american marines and murdering thousands of innocent Iraqi civilians

History will definitely judge him
Re: False Statements Preceded War by texazzpete(m): 2:14pm On Jan 28, 2008
how exactly did Bush 'murder thousands of innocent Iraqi civillians'?
chronicles:

Una good morning.

Most charges of US and bush bashing levelled against you have been in response to some of your more unfounded, vitriolic posts vilifying the US incessantly. I do not believe the invasion of Iraq was justified, but i'm not dumb enough to suddenly give credence to any half-assed conspiracy theorist story because of that.
Re: False Statements Preceded War by davidif: 2:36pm On Jan 28, 2008
this is old news jare.
Re: False Statements Preceded War by Afam(m): 3:45pm On Jan 28, 2008
texazzpete:

Most charges of US and bush bashing levelled against you have been in response to some of your more unfounded, vitriolic posts vilifying the US incessantly. I do not believe the invasion of Iraq was justified, but i'm not dumb enough to suddenly give credence to any half-assed conspiracy theorist story because of that.

Na today? We have been through this road before and the facts on ground supported those that objected to all manner of bad policies, hypocrisy and sycophancy of the West especially the USA.
Re: False Statements Preceded War by Iman3(m): 6:45pm On Jan 28, 2008
So a study funded by George Soros "discovered" false statements by Bush.The results of the "study" were pre-determined as soon as Soro started signing the cheques.

Watch 1000 Television Station Free Including Nigeria / Ehindero Quizzed Over N557m Arms Deal / Strategies For Actualising Biafra :