Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

What's The Difference Between A Smart Student And A Brilliant Student - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What's The Difference Between A Smart Student And A Brilliant Student (24988 Views)

Things That Can Make Or Mar A Brilliant Student. / Things That Can Make Or Mar A Brilliant Student. (with Examples) / Uniport 2011/2012 Newly Admitted Student And Aspirants Meet Here:: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Difference Between A Smart Student And A Brilliant Student by ADEMOSU(m): 8:03pm On Oct 17, 2012
Smartness means result oriented. A smart student concentrate on getting desired with minimal effort.He Will focus only what he was taught and review past questions and possible use both moral and immoral means to get required grades.
A brilliant.student are.the knowledge seeking ones who seek rationale behind facts and principle with not. Only with intention. Getting desired grade but been apple to teach it and also be the best in his grade. Smart ones are usually realist while briliant ones are idealist.smart. Rely. Much or technoology and people to achieve. Result. While brilliant ones be self actualizers lAter in life.
Re: What's The Difference Between A Smart Student And A Brilliant Student by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 17, 2012
What about PHOTOcopy Man...Giraffe,exam malpractice,cramming; will call this smart(someone doing this might be a smart man lukin 4 a shortcut, by doing those things above

Reading,studying,SQ3L(survey,question,read,recite and review);u call that brilliant huh
Re: What's The Difference Between A Smart Student And A Brilliant Student by Flawlessdiva1(f): 8:30pm On Oct 17, 2012
ritux:

Exactly my thought. In most cases, the smart ones end up being entrepreneur in the future and the will employ the brilliant ones to manage and run their companies
Why do you guys keep on saying these things. Are both not earning their income. Will it be asked who was an entrepreneur or a manager or even who earns more. Do what you can do best. Everyone can't be an entrepreneur, someone gats to manage the business. I think they are content with where they are. What about you?
Re: What's The Difference Between A Smart Student And A Brilliant Student by mu2sa2: 8:41pm On Oct 17, 2012
You cant be smart unless you are brilliant and if you are brilliant you are smart!

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between A Smart Student And A Brilliant Student by eleven(m): 8:41pm On Oct 17, 2012
The difference is in the real world after school

The smart ones are very flexible and can bend to any situation to achieve their desired results irrespective of the risk involved while the brilliant ones know all the rules and follows them to the letter.

In an organization the smart ones do better in marketing, sales and logistics departments while the brilliant ones shines in core sectors like Finance, IT, Human Resource and R & D departments.

The smart ones retire early to run their businesses while the brilliant ones grow up the cooperate ladder to become, GMs, Directors, MDs and work for the smart ones who end up as chairmen.

The smart ones end up becoming politicians and appoints the brilliant ones as technocrats if they want to rule well.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Difference Between A Smart Student And A Brilliant Student by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 17, 2012
First of all lemme say I don't believe in cheating in exams and I dnt consider that as smartness. Some people do but not me.

A smart student is one that does all is required to do well in his exams (asides cheating). A smart students tries to guess the likely questions of an exam by checking past questions and makes those his Area of concentration. A smart student may not be a master of the whole course but knows enuff of what is important to get a very good grade. A smart student reads with direction. Lemme give u an example of what I mean. I did a course in engineering design and I knew I wasn't so good in it. The lecturer always sets a question on definition of terms and the other 4 were calculations. As a smart student I ensured that I new all the definitions and since the exam is answer 4 out of 5 and since the definitons are similar every year I jst basically had 3 questions to do besides the definition I crammed. After the definition question, I did 2 calculation questions half way and ended up with a C. A brilliant student might have try to learn all the calculations and given little time will end up with a much worse gradem A brilliant student may just read the whole course material without concentrating on the important parts and end up with an average result.
Re: What's The Difference Between A Smart Student And A Brilliant Student by tailor(m): 10:50pm On Oct 17, 2012
jim jones: smart people know how to get the best outta brilliant people. that's all you need to know, poster.
Re: What's The Difference Between A Smart Student And A Brilliant Student by Kaydem(m): 11:41pm On Oct 17, 2012
12 inches!:
First of all lemme say I don't believe in cheating in exams and I dnt consider that as smartness. Some people do but not me.

A smart student is one that does all is required to do well in his exams (asides cheating). A smart students tries to guess the likely questions of an exam by checking past questions and makes those his Area of concentration. A smart student may not be a master of the whole course but knows enuff of what is important to get a very good grade. A smart student reads with direction. Lemme give u an example of what I mean. I did a course in engineering design and I knew I wasn't so good in it. The lecturer always sets a question on definition of terms and the other 4 were calculations. As a smart student I ensured that I new all the definitions and since the exam is answer 4 out of 5 and since the definitons are similar every year I jst basically had 3 questions to do besides the definition I crammed. After the definition question, I did 2 calculation questions half way and ended up with a C. A brilliant student might have try to learn all the calculations and given little time will end up with a much worse gradem A brilliant student may just read the whole course material without concentrating on the important parts and end up with an average result.
true talk bro.....
Re: What's The Difference Between A Smart Student And A Brilliant Student by tempex88(m): 8:53am On Oct 18, 2012
ssee guy, go and read about gates well. he has been doin this stuff before he entered college or uni.
A-town:

See where you have totally foooooked up. Which formal education did they abandon? Bill gates left school AFTER he had acquired KNOWLEDGE GOOD enough to enable him work on the project that turned into microsoft. You think he just "KNEW" programming out of his mothers womb? The reason why we are sent to school is to develop our brains. For most, the development ends after secondary school. Any new info is basically rejected. College/University courses are designed just for you to apply knowledge you gained from kindergarten through high school. You really don't "LEARN" new things anymore. You are just made aware of different scenarios happening around you. The reason you know what you know or you are who you are is your FOUNDATION. The reason you are able to solve differential equations in college is because you were given the FOUNDATION (how to add 2+2) in your early years.
Your arguement can only hold water if those guys had no elementary/secondary education.
Re: What's The Difference Between A Smart Student And A Brilliant Student by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 18, 2012
[size=15pt]Na people wey no sabi book dey console themselves with this kind baseless comparisons.[/size]
Re: What's The Difference Between A Smart Student And A Brilliant Student by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 18, 2012
mayorme: Just for example, take 2 students who wrote an exam and passed. In few years later, one student was able to solve thesame problem effectively and the other was not, to me, i feel the one that was able to solve d problem was the the smart one cos most brilliant students i know, just study to pass and they can't reproduce what they just learnt in year to come. This thread is opened for meaningful suggestions. Thanks

brillant students can be smart but not the other way round.
Re: What's The Difference Between A Smart Student And A Brilliant Student by Dranatomy: 9:53am On Oct 18, 2012
A smart student's knowledge and achievements stops were his training stopped....Brilliant students wil always explore, advance and reproduce wat so ever they ve been taught ten times.....They may always have low grades but they carry stuffs....Smart students needs the paper only just to start fooling around wit nothing offhand than Definition of terms in his field of study
Re: What's The Difference Between A Smart Student And A Brilliant Student by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 18, 2012
Dranatomy: A smart student's knowledge and achievements stops were his training stopped....Brilliant students wil always explore, advance and reproduce wat so ever they ve been taught ten times.....They may always have low grades but they carry stuffs....Smart students needs the paper only just to start fooling around wit nothing offhand than Definition of terms in his field of study
Mr Nigerian educational system doesn't encourage brilliance and creativity in the first place. I've been thru it and I'm telling u from experience. Jst do wat is required to get a good grade and be brilliant outside the 4 walls of our museums called universities. Or u can be brilliant with research outside the country but in Nigeria ur project supervisor will tell u that this is how the result is and how it should always be. So what is the essence of the word "research". Research from the word is self explanatory. They is so little research in nigerian universities. All we have is re-packaging of prior knowledge and research.
Re: What's The Difference Between A Smart Student And A Brilliant Student by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 18, 2012
Dranatomy: A smart student's knowledge and achievements stops were his training stopped....Brilliant students wil always explore, advance and reproduce wat so ever they ve been taught ten times.....They may always have low grades but they carry stuffs....Smart students needs the paper only just to start fooling around wit nothing offhand than Definition of terms in his field of study
Mr, Nigerian educational system doesn't encourage brilliance and creativity in the first place. I've been thru it and I'm telling u from experience. Jst do wat is required to get a good grade and be brilliant outside the 4 walls of our museums called universities. Or u can be brilliant with research outside the country but in Nigeria ur project supervisor will tell u that this is how the result is and how it should always be. So what is the essence of the word "research". Research from the word is self explanatory. They is so little research in nigerian universities. All we have is re-packaging of prior knowledge and research.
Re: What's The Difference Between A Smart Student And A Brilliant Student by Martx(m): 11:27am On Oct 18, 2012
smart students always use thier head while the brilliant ones think about acquiring knowlege. Skeninaaaa
Re: What's The Difference Between A Smart Student And A Brilliant Student by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 10, 2013
pro01: Na people wey no sabi book dey console themselves with this kind baseless comparisons. In any case, "brilliant" and "smart" are essentially synonymous. A comparison of 'smart' students and 'brilliant' students is therefore somewhat tautological.

The only reason people go to school is to learn, and the only way to assess how well they have learnt what they are supposed to learn is through examinations, tests, etc. Now, where a student successfully passes examinations, it is reasonable to conclude that he or she is superior to the student who performed poorly in the same examination, all other things being equal.

80% of the time, genuine academic performance (not 'arranged' certificates oh) is a reliable indicator of intellectual ability - otherwise, there would be no need for examinations/tests/assignments in formal education. Admittedly, there are few examples of individuals who did not perform so well in school for one reason or the other but turned out better performers in professional/practical contexts. These are deviations from the norm, and should not serve as basis for needless comparisons.

There is no point making excuses for one's academic deficiencies; no be everybody must sabi book. One might not be gifted in academics, but might be extremely gifted in other areas through which they can become very successful and rich. Examples such as Mike Tyson, Timaya, 2face, Mr. Ibu, Tompolo (lol), Mario Balotelli, etc. readily come to mind. Don't bother comparing yourself with the likes of Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, etc. who supposedly dropped out of school to start their businesses. These geniuses dropped out not because they could not cope with school, but because they did NOT need school. They were too gifted academically, intellectually and otherwise to waste precious time in school. Those certified olodos that like consoling themselves with Bill Gates' example should find more appropriate examples/role models.
i agree with you 100percent.
Re: What's The Difference Between A Smart Student And A Brilliant Student by mrjagz02(m): 5:54pm On Oct 09, 2014
Brilliant studens read nd dn dnt cheat to pass bt smart students cn even cheat to pass
Re: What's The Difference Between A Smart Student And A Brilliant Student by mozele(m): 8:59pm On Oct 31, 2015
LoaditeDOTcom:
it is just like whats d dif betw BIG & LARGE

very simple!
Big = all feauures of a Giant
Large = Obesity+shorty+potbelly.

Thank me latter when you score A1 in English. smiley
Re: What's The Difference Between A Smart Student And A Brilliant Student by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 28, 2019
The last one totally knows how to write an analytical essay grin grin This would make you a brilliant student too!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 / What Is That English Spelling That Doesn't Make Sense To You? / The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.