Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Ex-N'Delta militants Donate N52.7m To Flood Victims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-N'Delta militants Donate N52.7m To Flood Victims (6746 Views)

List Of 12 States Prone To Flood In 2015 - Agency Report / Ex-N'Delta Militants Declare Atiku Persona-Non-Grata / Boko Haram To N'Delta Militants: Bastards Let’s Roll Some Heads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-N'Delta militants Donate N52.7m To Flood Victims by CrazyMan(m): 3:31am On Oct 17, 2012
Ex-Niger Delta militants undergoing reintegration have donated N52.7m to flood victims in the region.

A statement from the Head of Media and Communications of the Presidential Amnesty Office, Mr. Daniel Alabrah, quoted the Special Adviser to the President on Niger Delta Affairs, Mr. Kingsley Kuku, as saying the money was donated by 26,358 beneficiaries of the Phase I and II of the amnesty programme.

According to Kuku, the ex-militants agreed to contribute N2,000 each from the October allowances to raise the N52.7m to those seriously affected by the flooding disaster.

Alabrah said the members of staff of the Amnesty Office also donated between 20 to 30 per cent of their October salaries to flood victims in Bayelsa, Cross Rivers, Delta, Edo and Rivers states.

He said an 18-man relief committee of volunteers from the Amnesty Office headed by the Technical Assistant on Reintegration, Mr. Larry Pepple, had been constituted.

According to Alabrah, the committee has the responsibility of procuring relief materials and liaising with the various state governments to distribute them to the beneficiaries.

http://www.punchng.com/news/ex-militants-donate-n52-7m-to-victims/
Re: Ex-N'Delta militants Donate N52.7m To Flood Victims by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 17, 2012
HOW THE HECK A MILITANT GET DAT KIND OF MONEY ? IS HE INTO OYEL BUNKERING ? OH OK THEY ARE CONTRIBUTING 2000 EACH LOL

1 Like

Re: Ex-N'Delta militants Donate N52.7m To Flood Victims by legalwealth(m): 8:13am On Oct 17, 2012
obadiah777: HOW THE HECK A MILITANT GET DAT KIND OF MONEY ? IS HE INTO OYEL BUNKERING ? OH OK THEY ARE CONTRIBUTING 2000 EACH LOL

That was my 1st thought as well when I saw this update.

Only God knows or is there anyone here that can make a guess?
Re: Ex-N'Delta militants Donate N52.7m To Flood Victims by solomon111(m): 8:14am On Oct 17, 2012
D
Re: Ex-N'Delta militants Donate N52.7m To Flood Victims by solomon111(m): 8:14am On Oct 17, 2012
obadiah777: HOW THE HECK A MILITANT GET DAT KIND OF MONEY ? IS HE INTO OYEL BUNKERING ? OH OK THEY ARE CONTRIBUTING 2000 EACH LOL
It is their oil and their money.
It is better for them to spend it than for some parasitic senators from God-knows where, with no trace of oil in their constituency,to embezzle.

5 Likes

Re: Ex-N'Delta militants Donate N52.7m To Flood Victims by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 17, 2012
And how much is Boko Haram going to donate? Because I see that militants are not left out in helping the flood victims. undecided

7 Likes

Re: Ex-N'Delta militants Donate N52.7m To Flood Victims by NwaTeacher1: 8:16am On Oct 17, 2012
Nice step my brethren. A step to better the lives of people not to distroy life as boko haram are doing. A nice step indeed

3 Likes

Re: Ex-N'Delta militants Donate N52.7m To Flood Victims by Rooneyboy(m): 8:17am On Oct 17, 2012
ordinary ex Niger Delta militants donating 52milla
Tomorrow Adeboye will come out and donate 2bags of rice and 2 cartons of indomie after which he'll come to the media and display them and wanting us to believe that he has the interest of the people @ heart.
RUBBISH!

2 Likes

Re: Ex-N'Delta militants Donate N52.7m To Flood Victims by abdulkayus(m): 8:17am On Oct 17, 2012
[quote author=legalwealth][/quote]

hehehehe, 2000naira each and house of reps and senate are contributin 5000naira each, God punish devil. Bt come to think of each, if 50 percent of nigerians contributr atleast 1000 naira each, it will go a long way in alleviatin d problem face by d displaced ppl. CIAO
Re: Ex-N'Delta militants Donate N52.7m To Flood Victims by DrMoses: 8:18am On Oct 17, 2012
what government can't do,a few militants can do,dis is an example we al shuld follow,der shuld b an account opened n everybody ready 2 donate even atleast 1000...naw dos ingnoramous ds is d difference btwn deltamilitants n boko...1 saves live d oda takes away live
Re: Ex-N'Delta militants Donate N52.7m To Flood Victims by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 17, 2012
CrazyMan:

http://www.punchng.com/news/ex-militants-donate-n52-7m-to-victims/

Interesting! Boko boys own na kill - kill, bomb - bomb; na wa o!
Re: Ex-N'Delta militants Donate N52.7m To Flood Victims by davidom: 8:19am On Oct 17, 2012
My Brother always try to look before you jump. The story says they donated 2,000 naira each from their bonus and not one person. Or are you saying thaey cannot afford 2,000 naira?

5 Likes

Re: Ex-N'Delta militants Donate N52.7m To Flood Victims by Olofintoto(m): 8:20am On Oct 17, 2012
This is good. Kudos to ex- Niger 'Delta militants.
Re: Ex-N'Delta militants Donate N52.7m To Flood Victims by banki(m): 8:21am On Oct 17, 2012
I wonder why people think money is the solution to the flooding
Re: Ex-N'Delta militants Donate N52.7m To Flood Victims by MadCow1: 8:24am On Oct 17, 2012
okay!!
Re: Ex-N'Delta militants Donate N52.7m To Flood Victims by IleIfe2(m): 8:27am On Oct 17, 2012
Wow "we talking money, boko-haram is talking nonsense". LMAO

This will enrage them again "The biggest insurgency this country will ever experience" yimu

The federal government should put boko-haram in charge of groundnut and onions pyramids. grin grin grin
Re: Ex-N'Delta militants Donate N52.7m To Flood Victims by koyu2049: 8:30am On Oct 17, 2012
Nice step my brethren. A step to better the lives of people not to distroy life as boko haram are doing. A nice step indeed
[img]http://www.forexchartingsoftware.info/iPhone.gif[/img]
Re: Ex-N'Delta militants Donate N52.7m To Flood Victims by 2ruink(m): 8:31am On Oct 17, 2012
Men with good heart. But what's the assurance that this money will get to the real victims? jst asking 'cos I knw 9ja sabi show off.
Re: Ex-N'Delta militants Donate N52.7m To Flood Victims by yeye4live(m): 8:33am On Oct 17, 2012
Can u pple donate 4me, I ned take some girls to my lab 4 samples n my moni don finish,dey re chargin 10k per nite now,so I don't ned much
Re: Ex-N'Delta militants Donate N52.7m To Flood Victims by garrigangster: 8:36am On Oct 17, 2012
yeye4live: Can u pple donate 4me, I ned take some girls to my lab 4 samples n my moni don finish,dey re chargin 10k per nite now,so I don't ned much
And was that meant to be funny?
Re: Ex-N'Delta militants Donate N52.7m To Flood Victims by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 17, 2012
2ruink: Men with good heart. But what's the assurance that this money will get to the real victims? jst asking 'cos I knw 9ja sabi show off.

No body go dare chop militant money! That person go pay double grin grin with enough yawa~!

1 Like

Re: Ex-N'Delta militants Donate N52.7m To Flood Victims by vichofu(m): 8:43am On Oct 17, 2012
garri_gangster:
And was that meant to be funny?
Cant U see His Name ? Yeye4life indeed

1 Like

Re: Ex-N'Delta militants Donate N52.7m To Flood Victims by dlox147(m): 8:49am On Oct 17, 2012
. Guy abeg read the post NA!
Re: Ex-N'Delta militants Donate N52.7m To Flood Victims by greall12(m): 8:53am On Oct 17, 2012
Wa ooooo. Olopa oooooooooooo
Re: Ex-N'Delta militants Donate N52.7m To Flood Victims by lumideezle(m): 9:02am On Oct 17, 2012
if i am calculating straight that means there are about 28000(Twenty Eight Thousand) shocked Ex militants that the Government of Nigeria is paying salaries, Sending to school and trainings abroad, feeding, housing etc for doing nothing but terrorize this country. And there are millions of Graduates out there on the street Jobless, bursting their behinds out, doing menial jobs smh are they fools?? Yawa go soon Gass for this country o.. seems its only when you carry Gun that the govt gets to listen to you lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Ex-N'Delta militants Donate N52.7m To Flood Victims by Alfred96p(m): 9:04am On Oct 17, 2012
See Boko saying naa only Haram dey do d bombn. U self no try. Didn't u c d person wrote 'his' tot wel wel. Try to read d guy post again! Haba!
In ds case d guy no folo yarn dust lyk u...
Grtns.
Re: Ex-N'Delta militants Donate N52.7m To Flood Victims by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 17, 2012
Militant donates 52 million, , It should have been "Militants Trade their 52 million Naira for 5 billion Naira oil bunkering"
Re: Ex-N'Delta militants Donate N52.7m To Flood Victims by Louis88: 9:13am On Oct 17, 2012
At least they contributed something,unlike so many big men in this country of ours.
Re: Ex-N'Delta militants Donate N52.7m To Flood Victims by zeefa: 9:20am On Oct 17, 2012
Naija with nonsense propaganda! Ao r we sure those displaced would get billions of naira donated to them. I'm very sure there are people waiting to sit on all d money collected all for the shake of helping these people. May God help dis corrupt nation from our clueless leaders!
Re: Ex-N'Delta militants Donate N52.7m To Flood Victims by martyns303(m): 9:25am On Oct 17, 2012
lumideezle: if i am calculating straight that means there are about 28000(Twenty Eight Thousand) shocked Ex militants that the Government of Nigeria is paying salaries, Sending to school and trainings abroad, feeding, housing etc for doing nothing but terrorize this country. And there are millions of Graduates out there on the street Jobless, bursting their behinds out, doing menial jobs smh are they fools?? Yawa go soon Gass for this country o.. seems its only when you carry Gun that the govt gets to listen to you lipsrsealed
my friend close ur mouth, do u know how many graduates and master degree holders that are among these guys? i specifically know of 29yr old young lecturer that is undergoing the programme, there are people that left uni at final yr to join in the programme so as to school in better uni abroad, a better life and now contributing to society and you sit ur si.lly a$$ in a cafe talking bull.
Re: Ex-N'Delta militants Donate N52.7m To Flood Victims by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 17, 2012
Can't you guys read? It says each militant from phase one and phase two donated 2000 naira each from their stipends. Ha, wetin, you guys have already starterd lambasting them and that is how you carry stupid rumours. Try to read the story please before you start typing nonsense. A story is not all about the headlines. cool
Re: Ex-N'Delta militants Donate N52.7m To Flood Victims by killuminati(m): 9:30am On Oct 17, 2012
I hereby donate 10bags of garri to the flood victims cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Entire Yoruba Land Turns Out To Welcome Jonathan again, This Time In Oshogbo / Swearing-in Of Lawmakers Not Constitutional But Ceremonial- Sen. Abe / The Very Intelligent Man On Channels Today On Ozubulu Killing.(videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.