Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,822 members, 7,817,398 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Ex-N'Delta Militants Declare Atiku Persona-Non-Grata - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-N'Delta Militants Declare Atiku Persona-Non-Grata (23696 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu: Militants Declare War On FG / Ex-N'Delta militants Donate N52.7m To Flood Victims / Boko Haram To N'Delta Militants: Bastards Let’s Roll Some Heads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-N'Delta Militants Declare Atiku Persona-Non-Grata by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 08, 2013
Parallel PDP: Ex-N’Delta militants declare Atiku persona non grata

by SAM OLUWALANA on Sep 8, 2013

…say he must apologise to Jonathan within 7 days

Former leaders of militant groups in the Niger Delta have declared former Vice-President , Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, a persona non grata in the region for what they described as spearheading the breakup of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and threatening to stop President Goodluck Jonathan from enjoying a second term in office .

The former warlords, drawn from all the states of the region, converged on Yenagoa yesterday under the aegis of the Leadership, Peace and Cultural Development Initiative to review current political developments in the country.

Addressing journalists in Port Harcourt after the meeting, president of the group, Gen. Reuben Wilson, said the former vice-president declared himself an enemy of the Niger Delta the day he led other members of the PDP to organise what he called a political coup against Jonathan.

The group said it was rather unfortunate for Atiku, who it views as a beneficiary of the resources of the region, to work against Jonathan, who is from the region and warned about its knowledge of the vast interests of the former VP in the region.

According to Wilson, “it is unfortunate that Atiku who has benefitted so much from the Niger Delta oil is leading dissidents in a political coup against the first southerner to ever ascend to the seat of president of Nigeria.

We are aware of his vast business interest in the Niger Delta and we are warning him in his own interest to stay off the region. He cannot be enjoying our oil money and at the same time using the same money to fight against the owners of the oil,’’ the group warned.

“What we thought we would be hearing from the North was how the Federal Government will implement the spirit and letters of the amnesty programme. Before the former President, Umaru Musa Yar’Adua died, he had promised that as soon as we dropped our arms and allowed an unhindered flow of oil from the creeks, we will be given a lifeline.

He had promised that we would be empowered to live a new life from the resources of our oil. We have been waiting patiently for this to happen. Doubtless, our acceptance of peace benefited Atiku and his ilk. Why did he not lead a campaign for the Federal Government to provide the empowerment tools? Why has he found it convenient to distract the President from rendering service to Nigerians?” The ex-militants asked.

They said it was the same northerners that vowed that they would make the country ungovernable for Jonathan. Adding that by splitting the PDP and causing further tension in the polity, they are demonstrating the agenda of giving Jonathan sleepless nights with the intention of painting him in bad light to enable them take over power in 2015.

The former warlords warned Atiku to tender a public apology to Jonathan within seven days, while also warning the Governor of Rivers State, Mr Rotimi Amaechi, to dissociate himself from the leader of the splinter group within PDP or risk being treated as an enemy of the people of the region.

“We dare say that they have misfired. What we expect Atiku to do in the next seven days is for him to apologise to the president for the public embarrassment. He has misled so many people, including the Rivers State Governor, who has abandoned governance in his state to follow the anti-Jonathan apostles.

We are also asking Amaechi to return to his senses and dissociate himself from the northern agenda of destroying Jonathan, otherwise we will also be compelled to declare him an enemy of the people.

“As we speak now, there are no roads in Port Harcourt. Even the projects that were started during his first term have since been abandoned. He promised the people uninterrupted power supply and instead of fulfilling the promises, he now spends more time playing politics of 2015,’’ the group stated.

The group urged the Jonathan to remain focused and refuse to be distracted by the antics of those who were fighting hard to distract him, adding that the former militants were waiting patiently for the Federal Government to fully implement the terms of the amnesty programme.

Source

8 Likes

Re: Ex-N'Delta Militants Declare Atiku Persona-Non-Grata by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 08, 2013
Seconded...no mind the animohia, dey flex our oyel money via Intels yet no want our brother GEJ sit jejeli as Presido

See as e resemble Rhino

8 Likes

Re: Ex-N'Delta Militants Declare Atiku Persona-Non-Grata by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 08, 2013
Arewa Consultative Forum, what say ye on this matter? You can't fold your arms and watch your kinsman declared a persona non grata in the SS which is also part of Nigeria. grin

2 Likes

Re: Ex-N'Delta Militants Declare Atiku Persona-Non-Grata by Gbawe2: 10:04am On Sep 08, 2013
Seven days? Anyone has a stopwatch?

15 Likes

Re: Ex-N'Delta Militants Declare Atiku Persona-Non-Grata by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 08, 2013
Gbawe.:

If Atiku no free Jonathan, na the wrath of Niger Delta e dey find...

2 Likes

Re: Ex-N'Delta Militants Declare Atiku Persona-Non-Grata by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 08, 2013
As usual...these guys will come up with their tribal threats and further complicate the matter for GEJ...

Well..we are counting the 7 days..

24 Likes

Re: Ex-N'Delta Militants Declare Atiku Persona-Non-Grata by GenWOJUOLA(m): 10:14am On Sep 08, 2013
This guys just dey threaten everybody becos of oil, every body just dey give ultimatum, boko haram, militants, opc, NANS, MASSOB, John bull okereke... me sef i give Jonathan a 6year ultimatum to leave Aso Rock or whatever follows will be bloody... But i love the part where they called on Amaechi to go and face what he was elected to do nd stop d janglover.. Btw, e don taa wey i hear from Wike and his jesus on earth!

15 Likes

Re: Ex-N'Delta Militants Declare Atiku Persona-Non-Grata by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 08, 2013
Gbawe.:
Nothing is going to happen after the 7 days ultimatum elapses. My only fear is Jonathan using these bloody ex militants to haunt Amaechi. cry

2 Likes

Re: Ex-N'Delta Militants Declare Atiku Persona-Non-Grata by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 08, 2013
What is it with some disgruntled elements declaring a Nigerian persona non grata in Nigeria?

Never before has Nigeria been polarised along tribal,ethnic and religious divide as we currently are under this man called GEJ

All in the bid to hide his dismal performance under the guise of satanic threat and empty militant soliloquy?

34 Likes

Re: Ex-N'Delta Militants Declare Atiku Persona-Non-Grata by egift(m): 10:20am On Sep 08, 2013
Empty threat. If they try anything, Nigeria will convert S-S to a Millitary Zone and Hausa will barnish Jona from the FCT - and they will do nothing.

Their fathers' back-stabbing killed my relations during the civil war. GEJ keep attracting the worst.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-N'Delta Militants Declare Atiku Persona-Non-Grata by yfo: 10:29am On Sep 08, 2013
these guys are a bunch of jokers...they say amaechi abandoned governance for politics...wtf is wike doing about the current ASUU strike that is under his jurisdiction!...

talk about selective justice... angry

5 Likes

Re: Ex-N'Delta Militants Declare Atiku Persona-Non-Grata by Abagworo(m): 10:39am On Sep 08, 2013
PortHarcourtBoy: Seconded...no mind the animohia, dey flex our oyel money via Intels yet no want our brother GEJ sit jejeli as Presido

See as e resemble Rhino

Atiku is one of the few Nigerians that invested in the Niger Delta especially Rivers State. Intels is located in Rumuokwurusi and Onne, hence the militants don't have the ability to do anything in those area without causing internal war in Niger Delta. Rumuokwurusi is in Ikwerreland while Onne is in Elemeland a sub-group of Ogoni and they are not in good terms with Okrika. His American university is however located in disputable Okrikaland.

3 Likes

Re: Ex-N'Delta Militants Declare Atiku Persona-Non-Grata by Chloekim(m): 10:49am On Sep 08, 2013
This people should have said they want Jonathan to implement Mr Yar'adua's agreement with them rather than beating round the bush to drive home their point. Even 7years nothing will happen

2 Likes

Re: Ex-N'Delta Militants Declare Atiku Persona-Non-Grata by Tittos: 10:58am On Sep 08, 2013
Did Ameachi really say he will give them stable power supply..Is it the work of the governor to do that or are they confusing him with GEJ. Btw,they should have told us what will happen if he doesn't apologise within seven day or do they just want to make some noise so Gej can be happy with them and give them some juicy contracts..

3 Likes

Re: Ex-N'Delta Militants Declare Atiku Persona-Non-Grata by egift(m): 1:37pm On Sep 08, 2013
Nothing will happen.

3 Likes

Re: Ex-N'Delta Militants Declare Atiku Persona-Non-Grata by Akpaife(m): 2:48pm On Sep 08, 2013
Oga GEJ till 2019

2 Likes

Re: Ex-N'Delta Militants Declare Atiku Persona-Non-Grata by jodeci(m): 3:15pm On Sep 08, 2013
Abagworo:

Atiku is one of the few Nigerians that invested in the Niger Delta especially Rivers State. Intels is located in Rumuokwurusi and Onne, hence the militants don't have the ability to do anything in those area without causing internal war in Niger Delta. Rumuokwurusi is in Ikwerreland while Onne is in Elemeland a sub-group of Ogoni and they are not in good terms with Okrika. His American university is however located in disputable Okrikaland.

Prodeco is in warri and heliconia park around the marine base waterfront and are offshoot of intels.

1 Like

Re: Ex-N'Delta Militants Declare Atiku Persona-Non-Grata by gratiaeo(m): 3:50pm On Sep 08, 2013
Oyel money my foot!
abeg i want a better Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Ex-N'Delta Militants Declare Atiku Persona-Non-Grata by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 08, 2013
It is difficult to fathom how Atiku, who was put out to political wilderness in 2011, is now suddenly back in the reckoning once more.
If there was any doubt about the lackluster performance of the current administration or the general failure to capitalise on the goodwill vested in it by the Nigerian electorate, surely, his renewed ascendancy puts paid to this.

Northern Leaders Warn N’Delta Militants Against Threatening Atiku

[img]http://ireports-ng.com/wp-content/themes/goodnews47/framework/scripts/timthumb.php?src=http://ireports-ng.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/abubakatiku21.jpg&h=275&w=599&zc=1[/img]

The Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) has urged the Niger Delta ex-militants to withdraw the threat it issued against former Vice President Atiku Abubakar in the interest of peace, national cohesion and stability of Nigeria.

The ACF said in a statement in Kaduna weekend in its reaction over the threat barring Atiku Abubakar from entering into the Niger Delta region that the ex-militants are by their misguided action crossing the fiducial mark that is alien to democratic tenets.

According to ACF, threats such as the one from the Niger Delta ex-militants is a negation of dialogue and the political process playing itself out on account of the breakup of the PDP into factions.

The Forum warned that the threat from the ex-militants is counterproductive and an ill wind that will do no one any good. ”This is because democracy is not a matter of threats and intimidation, but contest of ideas and reasons,” the group said.

Even as the crisis in the PDP rages, the Forum urged for the promotion of democracy that is premised on the triple foundation of liberty, justice and common decency instead of resorting to threats and intimidation that have no place in democracy.

Source

4 Likes

Re: Ex-N'Delta Militants Declare Atiku Persona-Non-Grata by kkkp: 10:50pm On Sep 08, 2013
Dey are all clueless

1 Like

Re: Ex-N'Delta Militants Declare Atiku Persona-Non-Grata by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 08, 2013
Very silly of them. Btw I'm not an Atiku fan, he is the greediest of the lot. I pray he never becomes a president wether 2015 or ever!

3 Likes

Re: Ex-N'Delta Militants Declare Atiku Persona-Non-Grata by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 08, 2013
Abagworo:

At moments like this, Niger Delta is united. Atiku's investment is actually our oil money and we will claim it or burn it down.

We need that apology in English, not in Awusa.

5 Likes

Re: Ex-N'Delta Militants Declare Atiku Persona-Non-Grata by G12(m): 10:57pm On Sep 08, 2013
Dem make small sense but all na still film

1 Like

Re: Ex-N'Delta Militants Declare Atiku Persona-Non-Grata by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 08, 2013
Ada Nri1: Very silly of them. Btw I'm not an Atiku fan, he is the greediest of the lot. I pray he never becomes a president wether 2015 or ever!
Re: Ex-N'Delta Militants Declare Atiku Persona-Non-Grata by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 08, 2013
Let me coment fers
Re: Ex-N'Delta Militants Declare Atiku Persona-Non-Grata by mascot87(m): 11:08pm On Sep 08, 2013
Our oil, our oil, nonsense.Na una put the oil there? angry

26 Likes

Re: Ex-N'Delta Militants Declare Atiku Persona-Non-Grata by Calsito: 11:09pm On Sep 08, 2013
I tire ooo militants sef dey give warning. Atiku you see your life. But wait o who ought to be declared persona non granta Atiku or the militants. This kind of thing only happen in Nigeria. Atiku na u I blame sha why u no maintain your local champion.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-N'Delta Militants Declare Atiku Persona-Non-Grata by Charbless(m): 11:09pm On Sep 08, 2013
Time to leave naija
Re: Ex-N'Delta Militants Declare Atiku Persona-Non-Grata by deeptesting(m): 11:09pm On Sep 08, 2013
Please how can one get a sarin gas to suffocate these imbeciles nincompoops called ex-criminals or militants? I think they and there paymasters, including the frustrated new PDP members and Association of Pathetic Criminals (APC) needs to be sentenced ton156yrs in prison as an option to sarin gas.

6 Likes

Re: Ex-N'Delta Militants Declare Atiku Persona-Non-Grata by speeder(m): 11:11pm On Sep 08, 2013
Aboki, shebi u dey owe me? Carry the change give me pure water. I want die here

2 Likes

Re: Ex-N'Delta Militants Declare Atiku Persona-Non-Grata by Dee60: 11:11pm On Sep 08, 2013
Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Ex-N'Delta Militants Declare Atiku Persona-Non-Grata by Ayorh4you(m): 11:12pm On Sep 08, 2013
opin aye ti de tan shocked cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Saw Policemen Kill My Dad – Six-year-old Girl / Chime Attempts To Eject Wife From State House "Detention" / BREAKING NEWS: NANS Backs Jonathan’s Second Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.