Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,054 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Heavy Bombing In Potiskum Yobe State Capital - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heavy Bombing In Potiskum Yobe State Capital (15649 Views)

Suicide Bombers Strike Potiskum, Yobe State / Suicide Bomber Attacks Potiskum, Yobe / Two Female Suicide Bombers Hit GSM Market, Potiskum, Yobe State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heavy Bombing In Potiskum Yobe State Capital by jidsoon(m): 10:56am On Oct 17, 2012
Heavy explosions and gunfire rocked Potiskum, the Yobe state capital Wednesday, residents said, after violence this week left at least 24 people dead in the sister city of Maiduguri in Borno state.

Blasts and shootings shook residents of the town, previously hit hard by violence blamed on the extremist group Boko Haram, residents said.

The police commissioner for Yobe state, where Potiskum is located, said there had been a bomb explosion and security forces afterward cordoned off the area and began house-to-house searches.

He did not say whether there had been any casualties.

“There was a bomb explosion this morning and the Joint Task Force has already cordoned off the area for the safety of residents,” Patrick Egbuniwe said, referring to a military and police task force.

“Right now, there is a house-to-house search by JTF to fish out the perpetrators of the terror attack.”

Residents said the unrest began just before 6:00 am.

“It started with a huge explosion followed by successive blasts and gunfire,” one resident told AFP.

The blasts and gunfire came from an area of the town where a bank, a military base and the office of the anti-narcotics agency are located, residents said.

Potiskum, the capital of Yobe state, has been hard hit by Boko Haram attacks in recent months.

On Tuesday, Nigeria’s military said 24 Boko Haram members were killed in violence that rocked the city of Maiduguri after the extremists launched attacks with bombs and rocket-propelled grenades.

The military has been regularly accused of abuses, including the killing of civilians. Tuesday’s statement said there were no civilian casualties and one soldier was wounded, but the claims could not be independently verified.

Maiduguri is considered the base of Boko Haram. The conflict is believed to have killed at least 2,800 people since 2009

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/10/17/heavy-bombing-in-potiskum/
Re: Heavy Bombing In Potiskum Yobe State Capital by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 17, 2012
Okay!
Re: Heavy Bombing In Potiskum Yobe State Capital by olaolayink(m): 11:13am On Oct 17, 2012
wot a shame....Nigeria is among the top three terrorist country....God plz come to our aid ooh

1 Like

Re: Heavy Bombing In Potiskum Yobe State Capital by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 17, 2012
these bloody muslim virgin hunters will never give up.

2 Likes

Re: Heavy Bombing In Potiskum Yobe State Capital by killuminati(m): 11:15am On Oct 17, 2012
Abeg mek una leave alone I dey hungry mtcheeew

By the way, first to comment cheesy
Re: Heavy Bombing In Potiskum Yobe State Capital by Mcdondayan: 11:16am On Oct 17, 2012
God help Nigeria
Re: Heavy Bombing In Potiskum Yobe State Capital by akpanbaba: 11:16am On Oct 17, 2012
This reiligion is about peace and bombing is an instrument of peace .The more they bomb the more we have peace as more grave yards are built.

2 Likes

Re: Heavy Bombing In Potiskum Yobe State Capital by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 17, 2012
bad news...is potiskum yobe state capital?

5 Likes

Re: Heavy Bombing In Potiskum Yobe State Capital by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 17, 2012
KILL EM ALL[size=16pt][/size]
Re: Heavy Bombing In Potiskum Yobe State Capital by Iaz93: 11:17am On Oct 17, 2012
NEXT!!!
Re: Heavy Bombing In Potiskum Yobe State Capital by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 17, 2012
nigerians want peace not religion

2 Likes

Re: Heavy Bombing In Potiskum Yobe State Capital by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 17, 2012
I think it's time to divide the country. Btw, are these things human at all?
Re: Heavy Bombing In Potiskum Yobe State Capital by MadCow1: 11:20am On Oct 17, 2012
JTF should feel free to shoot any muthafucker wearing a kaftan, tying a turban and/or wearing hijab...

8 Likes

Re: Heavy Bombing In Potiskum Yobe State Capital by penfold(m): 11:20am On Oct 17, 2012
Ceefrankiehowdy: bad news...is potiskum yobe state capital?

No, Damaturu is the Capital of Yobe state,Potiskun just happens to be one of the largest and most modernized towns in d state (alongside Gashua,Nguru,Fika etc) The NYSC camp is at Potiskum likewise the Fed Govt College. It is also the town of Adamu Ciroma
Re: Heavy Bombing In Potiskum Yobe State Capital by Paulego(m): 11:23am On Oct 17, 2012
I strongly believe that all this bombings and killings will soon stop.
But why are the so called BOKO HARAM killing the same people they claim they are fighting for in the name of Islam and sharia?
Re: Heavy Bombing In Potiskum Yobe State Capital by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 17, 2012

my brother I wonder ooh.
Re: Heavy Bombing In Potiskum Yobe State Capital by guonno: 11:28am On Oct 17, 2012
AM SO GLAD ALL THIS ARE HAPPENING. HOW DO YOU EXPECT NIGERIA TO WORK WHEN IT IS MADE UP OF PEOPLE WITH DIFFERENT IDEOLOGY TO LIFE? ONE BELIEVES IN DEATH(MAINLY HOUSAS/FULANIS)THE OTHER BELIEVES IN LIFE(MAINLY SOUTHERNERS). I HOPE AWOLOWO IS WATCHING. ONLY ONE THYING GIVES ME JOY, AND THAT THING IS: THE IGBOS WHOM WHERE GIVEN JUST 20 POUNDS OUT OF THEIR HUGE WEALTH ARE SO RICH TODAY THAT ONE WONDERS IF THE IGBOS HAD TREES OF MONEY. IF YOU DOUBT ME GO TO THE BANKS AND CHECK UP STATISTICS OF MMTHE IGBOS THAT HAS MORE THAN BILLIONS IN THEIR ACCOUNT. IGBOS DONT MAKE NOISE OR BRAG ABOUT HAVING SO MUCH MONEY. THE IGBOS SHAL RISE AGAIN, THANK GOD TO WHAT HE IS USING JONATHAN TO DO FOR THE IGBOS. NDI ALA.

2 Likes

Re: Heavy Bombing In Potiskum Yobe State Capital by eduson55(m): 11:31am On Oct 17, 2012
A day shall never pass Nigeria without
one bad news?

Re: Heavy Bombing In Potiskum Yobe State Capital by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 17, 2012
This is very sad!
Re: Heavy Bombing In Potiskum Yobe State Capital by Sharingan: 11:34am On Oct 17, 2012
i tire ooo lst tym i went 2 skul i remeba chanting YOBE _DAMATURU embarassed
Re: Heavy Bombing In Potiskum Yobe State Capital by nagoma(m): 11:35am On Oct 17, 2012
guonno: AM SO GLAD ALL THIS ARE HAPPENING. THE IGBOS WHOM WHERE GIVEN JUST 20 POUNDS OUT OF THEIR HUGE WEALTH ARE SO RICH TODAY THAT ONE WONDERS IF THE IGBOS HAD TREES OF MONEY. IF YOU DOUBT ME GO TO THE BANKS AND CHECK UP STATISTICS OF MMTHE IGBOS THAT HAS MORE THAN BILLIONS IN THEIR ACCOUNT. IGBOS DONT MAKE NOISE OR BRAG ABOUT HAVING SO MUCH MONEY. THE IGBOS SHAL RISE AGAIN, THANK GOD TO WHAT HE IS USING JONATHAN TO DO FOR THE IGBOS. NDI ALA.

The Igbo's may not have trees of money - just the cocaine business, kidnapping and 419. Their women prosititutes also make and launder money . But who cares? That is thier calling - crime.

1 Like

Re: Heavy Bombing In Potiskum Yobe State Capital by nomshu(m): 11:35am On Oct 17, 2012
Useless vampires! very soon all the blood they have sucked will soon come out from there anus. just yesterdaynight i had the vision, trust me guys!
Re: Heavy Bombing In Potiskum Yobe State Capital by eduson55(m): 11:36am On Oct 17, 2012
you are equally contributing to the problem.
we need a change of mindset.
lets remove ethnicity and tribalism from our fu--king mind and
face the fact that nigeria belongs to i and i and we have the obligation
to make it good.
igbo,hausa or yourba We are now brothers now,so we need a revival of mindset shikinah.

guonno: AM SO GLAD ALL THIS ARE HAPPENING. HOW DO YOU EXPECT NIGERIA TO WORK WHEN IT IS MADE UP OF PEOPLE WITH DIFFERENT IDEOLOGY TO LIFE? ONE BELIEVES IN DEATH(MAINLY HOUSAS/FULANIS)THE OTHER BELIEVES IN LIFE(MAINLY SOUTHERNERS). I HOPE AWOLOWO IS WATCHING. ONLY ONE THYING GIVES ME JOY, AND THAT THING IS: THE IGBOS WHOM WHERE GIVEN JUST 20 POUNDS OUT OF THEIR HUGE WEALTH ARE SO RICH TODAY THAT ONE WONDERS IF THE IGBOS HAD TREES OF MONEY. IF YOU DOUBT ME GO TO THE BANKS AND CHECK UP STATISTICS OF MMTHE IGBOS THAT HAS MORE THAN BILLIONS IN THEIR ACCOUNT. IGBOS DONT MAKE NOISE OR BRAG ABOUT HAVING SO MUCH MONEY. THE IGBOS SHAL RISE AGAIN, THANK GOD TO WHAT HE IS USING JONATHAN TO DO FOR THE IGBOS. NDI ALA.

1 Like

Re: Heavy Bombing In Potiskum Yobe State Capital by Preacherkid: 11:38am On Oct 17, 2012
Why d FG is waisting their time on animals(i call them animals because they have no feelings,dog hav smal feelings but goat didn't hav,so are they dogs or goats?).they should leave the north and let the animals kil themselves,instead waisting fuel on patrols,waisting time,weapon on goats.

1 Like

Re: Heavy Bombing In Potiskum Yobe State Capital by mylifeisagift(m): 11:39am On Oct 17, 2012
akpanbaba: This reiligion is about peace and bombing is an instrument of peace .The more they bomb the more we have peace as more grave yards are built.
Solitudinem facient pacem appellant..
Re: Heavy Bombing In Potiskum Yobe State Capital by eduson55(m): 11:39am On Oct 17, 2012
just look at your life.tomorrow you will say Nigeria is worthless
were as its your type that gives nigeria these rotten names it bears now.
you came to nairaland to exchange words..how brilliant or intelligent are you then?

nagoma:

The Igbo's may not have trees of money - just the cocaine business, kidnapping and 419. Their women prosititutes also make and launder money . But who cares? That is thier calling - crime.

2 Likes

Re: Heavy Bombing In Potiskum Yobe State Capital by eduson55(m): 11:41am On Oct 17, 2012
[size=14pt]We want peace not religion.
lets change our mindset and start to think like
educated men and women
[/size]
rafhell: nigerians want peace not religion
Re: Heavy Bombing In Potiskum Yobe State Capital by franchizy(m): 11:42am On Oct 17, 2012
Islam is a religion of peace and have no hands in all this bombings and killings. Boko Haram are not muslims. We muslims dont shed blood. We are a religion of peace. I get angry when people keep accussing muslibombing or killings in the North. Majority of the culprits for these bombings and killings are christians who have nothing doing in the North. May Allah bless and help Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Heavy Bombing In Potiskum Yobe State Capital by Mankind8(m): 11:45am On Oct 17, 2012
GOD SAVES US

1 Like

Re: Heavy Bombing In Potiskum Yobe State Capital by caesaraba(m): 11:48am On Oct 17, 2012
franchizy: Islam is a religion of peace and have no hands in all this bombings and killings. Boko Haram are not muslims. We muslims dont shed blood. We are a religion of peace. I get angry when people keep accussing muslibombing or killings in the North. Majority of the culprits for these bombings and killings are christians who have nothing doing in the North. May Allah bless and help Nigeria

Oh please! Let's just hope this blows over. The thread isn't talking about religion abeg. Let's not start that christian/muslim argument. Doesn't lead anywhere.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

One Year Anniversary: Saraki Signs 2 Bills / Enugu 2023: Ekweremmadu Makes Public Declaration To Contest Guber Election / Ife Oyedele Steps Down For Akeredolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.