Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,639 members, 7,820,238 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Okada Riders Protest At Iyanoba Badagry Expressway - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okada Riders Protest At Iyanoba Badagry Expressway (8710 Views)

Activists Arrested During Okada-Riders Protest / PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos / Okada-Riders’ Protest New Lagos Traffic-Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okada Riders Protest At Iyanoba Badagry Expressway by packman: 1:09pm On Oct 17, 2012
i was just passing by this morning when i saw an heavy demonstration @ iyanoba Lasu gate badagry express way.

i just found out that it was okada riders protesting heavily and fighting against the Nigeria police force. the place was heavily stormed with tear gas but the okada riders relentlessly fighting back
they kept saying we want our okada back

please my fellow nairalanders i really cant get to understand the reason for Fashola, stopping this guys from riding their bike with out giving them an alternative choice... cos this guys are now protesting widely in the open air,
if they are not listened to........ i wonder what this may develop to who would really suffer this is it the government or the common masses

this are my thought pls help out with your comment

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyanoba Badagry Expressway by Afam4eva(m): 1:15pm On Oct 17, 2012
Did you take pictures?

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyanoba Badagry Expressway by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 17, 2012
I live around that area but I haven't been to Iyana Iba today.if this is true well I hope things would have calmed down by now.I know there are many okada riders there who convey passengers to Mile 2 or some other places to beat the heavy traffic along that road and sometimes they are being harrassed by policemen.
Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyanoba Badagry Expressway by Omexonomy: 2:38pm On Oct 17, 2012
I once saw a lot of okada about to be crushed at oshodi dump site when i move closer i was told that they were sized by the govt of lagos Fashola is working to reduce unemployment thievs and thugry in lagos. Acn is working
Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyanoba Badagry Expressway by Ikwikwikwi(m): 2:59pm On Oct 17, 2012
Ban Okada, save lives
Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyanoba Badagry Expressway by LoaditeDOTcom: 3:02pm On Oct 17, 2012
Na life o
Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyanoba Badagry Expressway by mcevans1(m): 3:03pm On Oct 17, 2012
berem: I live around that area but I haven't been to Iyana Iba today.if this is true well I hope things would have calmed down by now.I know there are many okada riders there who convey passengers to Mile 2 or some other places to beat the heavy traffic along that road and sometimes they are being harrassed by policemen.

Yes its true. Policemen from Ojo Police Station where patrolling with their vans throughout yesterday making it difficult for the okada riders to carry passengers on the roadsides.
Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyanoba Badagry Expressway by locdog(m): 3:05pm On Oct 17, 2012
it will only increase unemployment
Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyanoba Badagry Expressway by naffysa(f): 3:06pm On Oct 17, 2012
Fashola shuld have provided alternative 4 dem
Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyanoba Badagry Expressway by LoaditeDOTcom: 3:07pm On Oct 17, 2012
even nairalander can not do anything here, the get ban. What more of OKADA
Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyanoba Badagry Expressway by Mauyiwa(m): 3:19pm On Oct 17, 2012
I think dis man called Fashole is a wicked fellow. how does the stping/Banning of Ocadas from the Lagos roads help the issue on ground if not worsen/ cause crime all over the state. I think someting shold be done to the laws dis man is taking at hand if not he should be impeachead cos I cant really tell the benefits we have really gained 4rm his renure in office as the state Governor...... ;

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyanoba Badagry Expressway by lekkie073(m): 3:20pm On Oct 17, 2012
naffysa: Fashola shuld have provided alternative 4 dem
like creating okada lane on all d roads just like d famous brt lanes? u must be high on pms cry
naffysa: Fashola shuld have provided alternative 4 dem
like creating okada lane on all d roads just like d famous brt lanes? u must be high on pms
Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyanoba Badagry Expressway by OkwaIfugo(m): 3:25pm On Oct 17, 2012
If this is true then Lagos status in the global world will change for the better.
on the other hand it will affect them but they should know that the world is advancing and a time will come when they wont be accepted on the roads.

Let them get KEKE is KEKE is accepted or get cab.
Developing a state must cause pain to some and also smiles to some.
Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyanoba Badagry Expressway by seunfly: 3:32pm On Oct 17, 2012
locdog: it will only increase unemployment

It will not, must everybody live in urban centres to do okada?
They can go to where they are needed, which is their villages to farm.

Everybody is shouting garri price is increasing, everyday we conplain about the increament in common food price and we as a nation we keep on depending on importation just because of mislocation and miswork by some peaple.

Don't mind my vocab ooO

6 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyanoba Badagry Expressway by takedat(m): 3:33pm On Oct 17, 2012
locdog: it will only increase unemployment
But it will reduce accident rate. I don't know if you cherish accident to unemployment?

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyanoba Badagry Expressway by takedat(m): 3:48pm On Oct 17, 2012
Mauyiwa: I think dis man called Fashole is a wicked fellow. how does the stping/Banning of Ocadas from the Lagos roads help the issue on ground if not worsen/ cause crime all over the state. I think someting shold be done to the laws dis man is taking at hand if not he should be impeachead cos I cant really tell the benefits we have really gained 4rm his renure in office as the state Governor...... ;
Are you joking? He should be impeached cos he put a stop to that menace called Okada? If you had ever visited Igbobi or those trado- orthopaedic homes you would know the harm associated with Okada. Like @Seunfly stated those with learned handiwork should return to it and the jobless remaining should go their villages to farm
Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyanoba Badagry Expressway by igbsam(m): 3:49pm On Oct 17, 2012
You need to see the way These so called fashola task force and police officers were hunting down okada yesterday around pen-cinema agege. It was like a war zone. I smashed into an okada man and my bumper got destroyed all in the name of him trying escaping the officers. They were even trowing batons and sticks at moving okadas that they would fall and then confiscate their bike. Heavy traffic yesterday. You need to see where okada riders were perfoming James Bond stunt trying to escape dem police officers. We have stunt men as okada riders i swear.
Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyanoba Badagry Expressway by mikron(m): 4:03pm On Oct 17, 2012
afam4eva: Did you take pictures?
him no get camera phone
Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyanoba Badagry Expressway by femmy2010(m): 4:09pm On Oct 17, 2012
Heard there are Okadas plying the highways of london and New york etc. Why not Lagos?they are even allowed to carry up to 4 passengers in Berlin.
Okada must not be banned off our major highways.

2 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyanoba Badagry Expressway by omoeso(m): 4:19pm On Oct 17, 2012
Yes, some of you are damn right. Fashola should provide employment for over 200 thousand okada riders presently plying our roads, then next year when another 200k arrives from east and abokiland, den he should surely provide another set of jobs for them too. Then in 2014 when another 300k enter lagos as a governor dat has a company dat manufacture jobs, jobs should be provided for those ones too. Didirin. Ppl, how many jobs has the president of the country been able to create since d last 2yrs? And there u are expecting a governor to manufacture jobs for millions trooping down in their millions daily! E ma pe nbe!

6 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyanoba Badagry Expressway by packman: 4:22pm On Oct 17, 2012
femmy2010: Heard there are Okadas plying the highways of london and New york etc. Why not Lagos?they are even allowed to carry up to 4 passengers in Berlin.
Okada must not be banned off our major highways.

[size=20pt]MY BRODA ABEG I THOUGHT IT WAS ONLY ME OOOOOOOO NIGERIA TRY TO BE CIVILIZE BUT NO MATA HOW HARD THEY TRY THEY ONLY SHOWING THE WORLD OW MUCH THEIR LACKING BHIND

I JUST PITY FASHOLA COS VERY SOON THE SO CALLED OKADA RIDERS WOULD HEAD INTO THE STREET WITH THEIR DOUBLE BarreLs then HE WOULD UNDERSTAND THE REASON WHY THEY SHOULD BE ALTERNATIVE [/size]

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyanoba Badagry Expressway by seunfly: 4:22pm On Oct 17, 2012
Mauyiwa: I think dis man called Fashole is a wicked fellow. how does the stping/Banning of Ocadas from the Lagos roads help the issue on ground if not worsen/ cause crime all over the state. I think someting shold be done to the laws dis man is taking at hand if not he should be impeachead cos I cant really tell the benefits we have really gained 4rm his renure in office as the state Governor...... ;

So all the abokis in the north, all yoruba villagers in the west or all ibos from the east that has nothing to do but okada can come to your state you will inpeach your governor because of that.

Rather than encourage them to go back to where they will contribute to the Nation's GDP especialy in agricultural sector and local industries

guy always argue with with ur no 6 please not sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyanoba Badagry Expressway by packman: 4:28pm On Oct 17, 2012
omoeso: Yes, some of you are damn right. Fashola should provide employment for over 200 thousand okada riders presently plying our roads, then next year when another 200k arrives from east and abokiland, den he should surely provide another set of jobs for them too. Then in 2014 when another 300k enter lagos as a governor dat has a company dat manufacture jobs, jobs should be provided for those ones too. Didirin. Ppl, how many jobs has the president of the country been able to create since d last 2yrs? And there u are expecting a governor to manufacture jobs for millions trooping down in their millions daily! E ma pe nbe!

YOU REALLY THINK THIS MEN ARE SMILLING AND HAPILY DOING A WORK THEY KNOW THEY CAN DIE @ ANY TIME DOIN

ARE YOU SAYING NO LAGOSIAN IS AMONG THE FUGITIVE OKADA RIDERS

I PITY WE THE MASSES COS SURELY WE WOULD SUFFER IT lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyanoba Badagry Expressway by packman: 4:31pm On Oct 17, 2012
seunfly:

So all the abokis in the north, all yoruba villagers in the west or all ibos from the east that has nothing to do but okada can come to your state you will inpeach your governor because of that.

Rather than encourage them to go back to where they will contribute to the Nation's GDP especialy in agricultural sector and local industries

guy always argue with with ur no 6 please not sentiments.

HOW MANY HAVE YOU OFFERED EMPLOYMENT AND THEY REFUSED PLEASE DONT JUST TALK OUT OF CONVENIENCE
BECOS YOU ARE ABLE TO AFORD OR RADA GIVEN YOUR THREE SQUARE MEAL, TINK MORE THAN THAT AND YOU WOULD KNW HOW MUCH THIS PPLE SUFFER.... angry angry angry
Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyanoba Badagry Expressway by akpanbaba: 4:34pm On Oct 17, 2012
Fashola has suddenly become a magician to provide jobs for all okada men.Up fashola.
Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyanoba Badagry Expressway by packman: 4:45pm On Oct 17, 2012
akpanbaba: Fashola has suddenly become a magician to provide jobs for all okada men.Up fashola.
thats the reason Nigeraia cant get better if its for the citizen then he becomes a magician but for his pocket he bvecomes a good Governor

i pity you so much

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyanoba Badagry Expressway by sentix(m): 4:45pm On Oct 17, 2012
Why cant fashola finish the Blue and Red Railway line and see how people will automatically start taking the trains instead of Okadas. Most poeple take okada to avoid traffic Rail lines dont have any traffic. Maryland to Ido will be like 30 minutes!

Also those who are praising Fashola better go and buy Iron Doors to lock your houses and make sure ur at home before 8pm!
Trouble Dey Come!

4 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyanoba Badagry Expressway by aribisala0(m): 4:50pm On Oct 17, 2012
Fashola should provide no alternatives. Certainly the origins and identity of many of these people is suspect. We don't know if they are even Nigerian. Must every unemployed Nigerian come to ride Okada in Lagos. Is that the only job in the country? Let them go to Uyo PLEASE!!!

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyanoba Badagry Expressway by seunfly: 4:52pm On Oct 17, 2012
packman:

YOU REALLY THINK THIS MEN ARE SMILLING AND HAPILY DOING A WORK THEY KNOW THEY CAN DIE @ ANY TIME DOIN

ARE YOU SAYING NO LAGOSIAN IS AMONG THE FUGITIVE OKADA RIDERS

I PITY WE THE MASSES COS SURELY WE WOULD SUFFER IT lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

so you mean thare is no better place and work whare they can serve and add value to this nation happily other than lagos and okada.

We are just too use to blaming governments for everything with sympathy to peaple, rathern than reason holisticaly and this have affected us in all aspect of our lives

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyanoba Badagry Expressway by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 17, 2012
Na wa o!
Re: Okada Riders Protest At Iyanoba Badagry Expressway by seunfly: 4:59pm On Oct 17, 2012
sentix:

Also those who are praising Fashola better go and buy Iron Doors to lock your houses and make sure ur at home before 8pm!
Trouble Dey Come!

so because somebody come from his village or wherever without work, Should be encouraged?
If anything happen they should be treated like criminals.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NNPC Completes 539km Of Gas Pipeline Projects - Pictures / PDP Reacts To The Demolition Of Its Secretariat In Borno / Governor Udom At The 2nd Edition Of Udom For 2019 Football Championship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.